Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2009 11:11 PM

Apr 2008
that was insane ?! o_olll

Oct 29, 2009 11:53 PM

May 2008
Everyone! Fantasy = Truth!

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 30, 2009 12:08 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
New low. At the very least they gave an out for Beatrice being so out of character. I feel like this arc didn't do more than let us know there are two killers and introduce Ange way too late.

What a stupid comment, end of the 3rd VN out of 8 is too late? You really say a lot of stupid stuff yet act so high and mighty, it's rather lolz. It's like when you whined about them bringing up Battlers real mother and saying it's pointless when it's one of the most important points of the VNs.
Oct 30, 2009 1:04 AM

Apr 2007
Westlo said:
noteDhero said:
New low. At the very least they gave an out for Beatrice being so out of character. I feel like this arc didn't do more than let us know there are two killers and introduce Ange way too late.

What a stupid comment, end of the 3rd VN out of 8 is too late? You really say a lot of stupid stuff yet act so high and mighty, it's rather lolz. It's like when you whined about them bringing up Battlers real mother and saying it's pointless when it's one of the most important points of the VNs.

Don't bother to answer him, he's just trying to troll the anime as much as he can.
On to this episode..
woohoo Ange has finally appeared ^_^
blue time!

Oct 30, 2009 2:25 AM

Oct 2009
Tsunami said:

On to this episode..
woohoo Ange has finally appeared ^_^
blue time!

All hail to Ange! Find she is the most interesting character.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 30, 2009 2:27 AM

Jun 2007
Based on how I see him act to certain things, I really question how he enjoyed Kai as much as he did.

I can totally picture him saying..

I could go on..

Pretty much anything I see him complain about, could be directed to Kai as well. Things not being believable and characters not acting rational.

With Higurashi's mystery, you had less to work with. He complains that trying to figure out Umineko's mystery is pointless because he doesn't have enough info. There was less in Higurashi and Higurashi didn't have the red truth to establish which things are the absolute truth. You couldn't believe things said or seen because of
so it's really no different than Beatrice's illusions.

Maybe he is just trolling the series
LunarEmeraldOct 30, 2009 2:33 AM
Oct 30, 2009 3:00 AM

Jul 2009
I loved this episode two of my fav people have entered the scene

wb Bern and Ange is just a big plate of awesum :P
Oct 30, 2009 3:01 AM
Mar 2009
MarthX said:

Maybe he can't accept all this magic stuff being thrown at him lol. I mean seriously, a lot of people dropped this series right off the bat at episodes 5 and 8 and ever since then he has been the only one to put up with it besides someone else here.
Oct 30, 2009 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
I finally understood all from my first post. The big word here is:
Loop Hole
but also deceivement. In the end Eva kills Battler and wins it all with the last twilight. Now I know why she is in the bed but her aging process is faster.....a curse? Ange's entrance is still most impressive but her being the last, Bernkastel gives her a chance by making her go back to the past? So either she makes it or gets stuck with all in the same cage as Beatrice. It's like Higurashi, unless it is solved all will be stuck. So my question is how to beat Beatrice if she can loop hole the red writing or deviate it with word manipulation? Did not Lambdadelta say to Beatrice to win with certainty but did she also say she loves Bernkastel when before she was a rival to her? Did I finally get it everyone????

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 30, 2009 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
since I have got the feeling people might be still doubting the red truth, a great part because the possible ill-translation. even though I thought it is pretty good myself, I went out of the way and did a few search about this web of red truth, and this is how I would translate it myself:

(*while translating this, I didnt refer to those red text MathX posted earlier, so you can view this as a stand-alone translation. Even there may have a lot grammar mistakes or such, you can still read it in comparison to that original translation :-) hope it might help to clear up something)

(what eva-beatrice told battler:)

After Jessica was wounded, Eva was constantly under surveillance of Battler. Battler is neither culprit, nor accomplice. Therefore, Eva has a perfect alibi.
On this island, there doesn’t exist a 19th human being!
Any kind of life form other than human has nothing to do with this game!

The conditions of the 18 people on the island are:
Kinzo dead
Krauss dead
Natsuhi dead
Hideyoshi dead
George dead
Rudolf dead
Kyrie dead
Rosa dead
Maria dead
Genji dead
Shanon dead
Kanon dead
Gohda dead
Kumasawa dead
Nanjo dead

Furthermore:
Battler is alive
Eva is alive
Jessica is alive

And thus, 18 people in total.

Eva was with you the whole time. Therefore she can not commit the crime. Of course, Battler-kun is not culprit. He didn’t fake any alibi for her, he even considered her as a possible suspect, and took extra care to watch over her doings. There is none possibility that Eva could have done anything suspicious! In other words, at the time of the crime there were only Nanjo and Jessica in the servants’ room.
Ushiromiya Jessica didn’t commit murder! She has nothing to do with Nanjo being murdered! Her eyes were fully covered. Someone like her cannot commit murder!
By the way I will add one more sentence, Eva and Battler didn’t kill Nanjo and have nothing to do with it!! The culprit who killed Nanjo, is neither Battler, nor Eva, nor Jessica!! In other words, the culprit isn’t among the survived!!
Jessica’s eyes are completely covered, she can not do murder! No matter what kind of personality she could have, her body is not able to do murder! Any action taken by Jessica doesn’t have any influence upon Nanjo’s death, or anything to do with it! This also applies to Battler and Eva. In other words, no matter how you struggle, how you explain it, Jessica, Battler or Eva can not be the murderer who killed Nanjo!
Nanjo is killed by other’s hands. Of course, it is not a trap, he really is murdered by a direct killing method. Hold up the murder weapon, killed him right in front of his face in a really short distance! The culprit, swinging along, openly appeared in front of Nanjo’s eyes, and killed him face to face!
Red words only describe the truth!
Any factor other than human has nothing to do with this game!
Therefore, you can put it this way: the one killed Nanjo, is indeed a human! A human who had his feet on the ground, held up the weapon, in front of his eyes, killed him! Only that this human might possibly be able to use magic."

ps:
francismeunier said:
Did I finally get it everyone????
I think you do, even though I am pretty much in total dark at the moment myself, mostly because of this red truth...
vinesageOct 30, 2009 4:33 AM
Oct 30, 2009 4:06 AM

Dec 2007
holy shat, i was in the brink of dropping the show and BAM! Beatrice just slammed a door in my face. Awesome >.<

P.S: Ange is awesome
Oct 30, 2009 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
Hannah-Hime said:
There are no more than 18 people on this island
The 15 people mentioned are dead
Battler is alive
Eva is alive
Jessica is alive
neither Jessica nor Battler nor Eva is the culprit who killed Nanjo
The one who killed Nanjo was definitely a human
A human, with their feet on the ground, held up a weapon and killed with it!
Absolutely no factors other than humans participate in this game board
No life forms other than humans have any connection to this game

Then that includes no witches, ne?
But it wasn't a human either, because they're all dead / not the culprit.
BUT IT HAS TO BE A HUMAN.

Conclusion; Red = not truth. >.>

On a side note; OH BEATRICE I LOVE YOU. <3
That was awesome XD
The way I saw it (and I don't remember if Evatrice mentioned that in the SN as well) is that Evatrice meant that said human culprit is capable of using magic, thus committing the murders with magic. Bah, who am I kidding, not like any of you will still believe. I'll let EP4 do the talking.
Oct 30, 2009 4:40 AM

Mar 2009
Being an anime-only watcher, my heart was broken when

These episodes are so good that they feel really short. It's a pain to wait each week for a new episode. XD
Oct 30, 2009 4:41 AM

Dec 2007
Hannah-Hime said:

Conclusion; Red = not truth. >.>

And why does that mean that it couldn't have been a human? A dead person can easily have killed them... When they weren't dead.

You are dismissing the red without even giving it any thought. I'll say it again, in a way that may seem ironic...

Red = Truth
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2009 4:42 AM
Mar 2009
Hannah-Hime said:
Then that includes no witches, ne?

Conclusion; Red = not truth. >.>D

It was a human. You've stopped thinking, there are ways around that red text if you think real hard about it. If you doubt the red truth, you have lost to the witch.
HaiShangOct 30, 2009 6:48 AM
Oct 30, 2009 5:13 AM
Oct 2008
Why is Battler such a jerk?
Believing in Beatrice, getting all friendly and everything.

Still, poor guy. :(
Oct 30, 2009 6:31 AM

May 2008
PrincessYuuki said:

You made a typo, didn't you?

Also, the red truth could be true.
But it's not impossible that the red truth is also a falsehood at this point, either.

At this point, it's sensible to doubt EVERYTHING you see.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 30, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
DEEN learned some of their mistakes and now did it great.

The first half was amazing but the tea party and the end were too rushed.
I have to get used to Rina Satou as Ange.

Amakusa shows in next ep !!
Oct 30, 2009 6:53 AM
Mar 2009
ukonkivi said:
PrincessYuuki said:

You made a typo, didn't you?

Also, the red truth could be true.
But it's not impossible that the red truth is also a falsehood at this point, either.

At this point, it's sensible to doubt EVERYTHING you see.

I really wonder how you're gonna expect to solve the mystery by doubting the red truth. The author practically uses the red truth to help you in solving the mystery all the while at the same time making it harder for you. It depends if you can use that red truth as your own weapon and not let it be a weapon for a witch. By doubting it, you just made this game 10 times harder and it can lead you to nowhere and that's just stupid.

Basically put, if you cannot accept the rules of the game, you are not qualified to be Beatrice's opponent.
Oct 30, 2009 6:53 AM
Aug 2009
yamato21 said:
DEEN learned some of their mistakes and now did it great.

The first half was amazing but the tea party and the end were too rushed.
I have to get used to Rina Satou as Ange.

Amakusa shows in next ep !![/quote
Well, I think she her voice fits perfectly for Ange
That's pretty much how I imagined Ange's voice to sound like.

Metroid_Ex said:
seeing who you still don't see the problem with the red text I am obviously paying more attention then you. The problem with a lot of you is that you cant accept that the author made a mistake in his writing.

Then tell us what is this mistake you are talking about.
Prove that there's a mistake or that the "red truth" has been false.
Oct 30, 2009 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
Red is the truth, believe in it.

Oct 30, 2009 7:04 AM

Mar 2008
This is the worst shit churned out by Japan this whole decade.
DozerOct 30, 2009 7:07 AM
Oct 30, 2009 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, no more Moetrice. I like her better psychotic.

This arc is my least favourite so far. =/
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Oct 30, 2009 7:19 AM

Apr 2008
Dozer said:

then why are you even watching it?

Dozer said:
Please kill youreself if you like Umineko in any way, shape or form!

The spelling in your signature is far more suicide inducing :D

Preview for next week looks promising. Amakusa at LAST !!!
Also
Darklight0303Oct 30, 2009 7:33 AM
Oct 30, 2009 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
PsychFreak said:

Ha ha. Nice.
Oct 30, 2009 7:45 AM
Sep 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Dozer said:

then why are you even watching it?

Just for the sake of trolling. Well, he can't be as trolling as Beatrice anyway.
Oct 30, 2009 7:49 AM

Oct 2009
It's funny, I've read this thread wondering if anyone would bring it up, but have any of you (noobs) given a lot of thought to Bernkastel's role in this?

Okay, it's obvious here that ANGE is Bernkastel's piece, what Bernkastel was referring to when she said at the end of the second arc she would be entering the game.

ANGE is a piece that could only come into play if the third arc happened. In the other universes, her fate would have been different. We don't know what it would have been, but she would have been the only Ushiromiya left surviving. She wouldn't have been raised by Eva. The experiences that have made her ANGE are unique to the third arc.

So what was Bernkastel's role in crafting this piece? Did she somehow influence the gameboard to bring about this particular existence? Perhaps it might be more accurate to say, did she use her special abilities (to see kakera) to select a universe that might be useful to her?

I don't have any way of knowing if this is true, but it's something I've often wondered about. And if it's true ... what does that say about Bern?
Oct 30, 2009 7:49 AM

Apr 2008
Beato is a master at trolling. Then again who knows how much of that was really an act *grins*

June_1983 said:
It's funny, I've read this thread wondering if anyone would bring it up, but have any of you (noobs) given a lot of thought to Bernkastel's role in this?

Okay, it's obvious here that ANGE is Bernkastel's piece, what Bernkastel was referring to when she said at the end of the second arc she would be entering the game.

ANGE is a piece that could only come into play if the third arc happened. In the other universes, her fate would have been different. We don't know what it would have been, but she would have been the only Ushiromiya left surviving. She wouldn't have been raised by Eva. The experiences that have made her ANGE are unique to the third arc.

So what was Bernkastel's role in crafting this piece? Did she somehow influence the gameboard to bring about this particular existence? Perhaps it might be more accurate to say, did she use her special abilities (to see kakera) to select a universe that might be useful to her?

I don't have any way of knowing if this is true, but it's something I've often wondered about. And if it's true ... what does that say about Bern?

the answer to this is a big spoiler so I rather not say it yet >_>
Oct 30, 2009 7:57 AM

Oct 2009
Well yeah, that's why I was ask noobs (anime viewers), we VN players have our own thoughts on the matter of course.
Oct 30, 2009 8:24 AM

May 2008
T.T Oh well, guess the BeatricexBattler was impossible after all. To believe Beatrice was trolling though with Virgilia...

So every board creates an alternative universe? In that, once created it'll continue on even after the game has ended? Otherwise, since Eva died in the first two arcs there's no way she could be alive, well, was alive till she died in the hospital with Ange. And that also means that the Ange that came is the result of a board and not the "real" Ange? Cause I take it that only the first board happened in the "real" world, and the others were in created worlds that became "real", though not part of the initial "real" world.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Oct 30, 2009 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
mangastar said:
T.T Oh well, guess the BeatricexBattler was impossible after all.

Well I wouldn't say that *snickers*
Oct 30, 2009 8:33 AM

May 2008
Darklight0303 said:
mangastar said:

Well, it's just that while I do think Beatrice has some feeling for Battler, I think whatever Battler may have felt before is going to be impossible to restore, therefor unless Beatrice does some serious fixing herself up and not just going all moe again, that is unless the writer intends to seriously make Battler appear to be a real sucker, BeatricexBattler in my mind is impossible now.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Oct 30, 2009 8:40 AM

Sep 2008
whoaaa...amazing episode... really amazing... *_______*
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 30, 2009 8:42 AM

Mar 2008
Well, you obviously know rudimentary english better than me Darklight...

Oct 30, 2009 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
That isn't irony. Unless you are Alanis Morisette.
Oct 30, 2009 9:15 AM

Apr 2007
The only reason why the red may seem contradictory is because of how the speaker can twist the words so you misinterpret as something else. For example if I said in read that I had candy. it doesn't specify a time of when or where, unless it's given. I could've had candy yesterday, today, 2 days ago, etc. So even if I had candy yesterday, and not today, it's still the truth that I had candy.

And that's the main problem with the red text-- it doesn't specify the time of death or an event. It's just assumed to be at the time it was said. Thus, it might be true that so and so is dead, but since the time is usually never given in red, you can trying searching for loopholes.
Oct 30, 2009 10:09 AM
Apr 2009
>Please kill youreself if you like Umineko in any way, shape or form!

>I've only watched the anime

Oh wait, you're in the Critics and Connoisseurs club. Enjoying not liking anime and having to find a fault with every anime you watch other than legend of the galactic heroes?

Hurr derp.
DenwaOct 30, 2009 10:17 AM
Oct 30, 2009 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
mangastar said:
Darklight0303 said:
mangastar said:

Well, it's just that while I do think Beatrice has some feeling for Battler, I think whatever Battler may have felt before is going to be impossible to restore, therefor unless Beatrice does some serious fixing herself up and not just going all moe again, that is unless the writer intends to seriously make Battler appear to be a real sucker, BeatricexBattler in my mind is impossible now.

Have you watched the preview for the next episode yet?
Oct 30, 2009 10:57 AM

May 2009
mangastar said:

I wouldn't be too sure~ Well, since I don't want to spoil anything, guess you'll just have to wait ; )
Oct 30, 2009 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
Tsunami said:

Stupid comment? Ange gets mentioned for the first time last week, only to be introduced as some incarnation of Beatrice this week, at 17 or whatever years old, 8 episodes from the end of the season, despite VN readers mentioning that she had been talked about earlier on in the novel. If you don't see how from the perspective of an anime-only viewer that seems rather tacked on, I have nothing else to say.

As far as Battler's real mother goes, what I do remember saying about that was something to the effect of, "Duh." We knew from the first episode that Kyrie wasn't Battler's real mother because he called her "Kyrie." Why he didn't mention they had a child together is beyond me....
Don't bother to answer him, he's just trying to troll the anime as much as he can.

MarthX said:
Based on how I see him act to certain things, I really question how he enjoyed Kai as much as he did.

I can totally picture him saying..

I could go on..

Pretty much anything I see him complain about, could be directed to Kai as well. Things not being believable and characters not acting rational.

With Higurashi's mystery, you had less to work with. He complains that trying to figure out Umineko's mystery is pointless because he doesn't have enough info. There was less in Higurashi and Higurashi didn't have the red truth to establish which things are the absolute truth. You couldn't believe things said or seen because of
so it's really no different than Beatrice's illusions.

@Twilight & MarthX
It would do you both good to read this.

As far as watching Kai goes, I don't know how you can compare my enjoyment of the answer arcs to my enjoyment of the question arcs of Umineko, but whatever. As you know (because you always like to draw comparisons to Higurashi even though you say they're totally different and don't warrant comparison), I did not like many of the elements of the first Higurashi because I found it to be redundant, one-note, harem-y, and containing bad comedy. The only thing that changed my mind was the promise of the ending, where the focus shifted to Rika and begun to explain the convention of the repetition. Then, in Kai, Rika uses the knowledge she obtained from Kei'ichi and opens up to her friends more. I do believe that she didn't just spout off all the conspiracy, and instead reminded everyone of what had happened in the previous universes (which was good enough) and that's how it worked to me.

Maybe you did have less to work with in Higurashi, but everything was as you saw it. Viewers didn't have to contend with the author deliberately lying, occluded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person narration in Higurashi the way they do in Umineko. There is a very big difference between having little to go off of but everything is real, and having little to go off of, not knowing what, if anything is real, and having bizarre magic on top of that to sift through.

PsychFreak said:

Maybe he can't accept all this magic stuff being thrown at him lol. I mean seriously, a lot of people dropped this series right off the bat at episodes 5 and 8 and ever since then he has been the only one to put up with it besides someone else here.

At first, I completely accepted that magic was the sole cause of the murders. Then I witnessed how the magic worked, along with light blade fights, and immediately became skeptical. It's though all the stuff that Maria was talking about just gets tossed away. We don't see Beatrice writing symbols or anything, so it just seems half-assed, and it's now very hard for me to believe that magic is the direct cause even though it is the whole convention of the show.

June_1983 said:

When Bernkastel was first introduced in this show, I said something about how if Battler and the family stands any chance to be alive, then it would be because of her interjection in the game, given her power and success in Higurashi. I also stated how I felt like the idea of all of the games was merely a big diversion of the bet between Bernkastel and Beatrice, which seemed to be the most important revelation at the time. I still believe that's somewhat true because she brings Ange in to begin turning the tables. I wish that this arc would have done little flashes forward to Ange, getting to know her, so that the shock and drama of her reveal would have been more weighty in then end.

At this point, I hope that Umineko is going the path of Higurashi in that the focus drifts from Battler (Kei'ichi) to Ange (Rika). Because Ange seems to possess such a strong will and less faith in people, I think those will be strong assets in playing against Beatrice. I hope she'll succeed where Battler fails, ie. getting so caught up in wanting to trust everyone around him and not keeping his head in the game.
noteDheroOct 30, 2009 11:10 AM
Oct 30, 2009 11:21 AM

Apr 2007
fuck beato XD
really thought that she changed :(

fell for it

lets see what batlers sister will play in this anime
there will be a lot of new characters probably

kon - sama?
Oct 30, 2009 11:49 AM

Dec 2006
Super spoiler theory!!!!! Dont read unless you really want to

Beato gave me the roller coaster ride! Bloody Hell! and she's so tsun..dere

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Oct 30, 2009 11:52 AM

Apr 2007
MarthX said:
Uh.. there's no twist for that red mystery. You have all the information you need to solve it. It can be solved now and I know the answer so I can confirm if you're right.

nanjo was looking in the mirror? and while believing in magic he got killed by it? (A) lmfao
Oct 30, 2009 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:

Maybe you did have less to work with in Higurashi, but everything was as you saw it. Viewers didn't have to contend with the author deliberately lying, occluded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person narration in Higurashi the way they do in Umineko. There is a very big difference between having little to go off of but everything is real, and having little to go off of, not knowing what, if anything is real, and having bizarre magic on top of that to sift through.

That's definitely not true... Higurashi had many, many scenes that were hallucinations of the POV character, and as such, we could qualify them as "lies". It became more evident as the series advanced, but then it was subverted by scenes the POV character started believing were hallucinations, but actually were true (ie Keiichi killing Satoko's uncle).

If anything, Higurashi had even more mind screw of "this didn't actually happen" as the characters didn't keep their cool at any time when they were under the influence (in contrast with the meta scenes in Umineko, where for every "omg I give up!" scene from Battler there is a "ah, it's useless, it's all useless" as well).

On a vacuum I'm also completely against making Battler a fake protagonist and having a hijack, as he has never left the focus and is the primary driving force behind the plot, being the one rejecting witches in Rokkenjima. In contrast, Keiichi was just a victim, arriving late to the "party".
Oct 30, 2009 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
"There are no more than 18 people on this island" << does this mean @ the start or maybe in the end and does this also mean that nobody can enter it afterwards?

edit:
so 15 people are dead and 3 alive

nanjo got killed by someone but not by the 3 who were alive
and not to forget nanjo himself is one of the 15 so it could possibly be that someone of the 14 others killed him and possibly got killed or killed him/herself
BlackListHunterOct 30, 2009 1:05 PM
Oct 30, 2009 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
Thought it was rushed just a tad but still good none the less
Oct 30, 2009 12:34 PM
Aug 2009
OmegaDenmad said:
That's definitely not true... Higurashi had many, many scenes that were hallucinations of the POV character, and as such, we could qualify them as "lies".
The hallucinations in Higurashi are quite different from the magic scenes in Umineko.
Oct 30, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
moldy_tomato said:
OmegaDenmad said:
That's definitely not true... Higurashi had many, many scenes that were hallucinations of the POV character, and as such, we could qualify them as "lies".
The hallucinations in Higurashi are quite different from the magic scenes in Umineko.

This is part where you tell me how. :p

The immediate similarity I see is that, while they didn't happen exactly as they were shown to us, both kinds still had clues about the overall mystery in them.
Oct 30, 2009 12:46 PM
Aug 2009
Great Ep!
Actually I didn't care if it's rush or if the red web was gone. All I care is Miragecoordinator my fave of all bgms in Umineko

Oh well...

Now to those that said red truth = not true.
STOP!

It's like playing basketball without a ball. It's plain stupid. I know this series can be contradictory some times(like Battler not believing in witches and magic even though he drinks from a floating teacup or seeing stakes turns to human and such fantasies)
As Beatrice sad it is the premise of the game. The whole point is to find the truth about everything.

If you people still denies it then drop it. Don't torture yourself by watching it DUH!

noteDhero said:
Tsunami said:

Stupid comment? Ange gets mentioned for the first time last week, only to be introduced as some incarnation of Beatrice this week, at 17 or whatever years old, 8 episodes from the end of the season, despite VN readers mentioning that she had been talked about earlier on in the novel. If you don't see how from the perspective of an anime-only viewer that seems rather tacked on, I have nothing else to say.

I kinda agree with the Ange part. I also thought it was out of place not mentioning her in earlier episodes.

Watch Ep 4 because it is the... Well just... Watch.

Am I the only one who thought that scared Siestas are Moe!!!

And also I felt bad for Eva-Beatrice. A little.

Also, It's a good thing I wasn't the only one who thought it looked like a wedding(the signing that italian contract part) Honestly, Maybe Ange was the one who said I OBJECT!

And Beato's reaction when Battler asked her if she was acting was unlike in the VN.
In the VN you could say that Beato was acting all along and doesn't regret it(despite the Moe Beato sprite reacton before Troll Beato reaction).
In the Anime you could say that she did fall for him but needed to carry on her plan or something. Probably because of Ohara.
Oct 30, 2009 1:21 PM
Aug 2009
OmegaDenmad said:
moldy_tomato said:
OmegaDenmad said:

This is part where you tell me how. :p

The immediate similarity I see is that, while they didn't happen exactly as they were shown to us, both kinds still had clues about the overall mystery in them.

How?
The hallucinations were shown from Keiichi's point of view.
The magic...well... shows the fantasy side's explanation for the murders, and, at least in the EP1, there was no one to witness the magic. (if none of that really happened)
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.