Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
I'm glad they didn't show the OP/ED.

Saved me a seizure.
Apr 4, 2014 8:47 PM

Apr 2013
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 4, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2011
My body is ready. Art looks great, but the wording seems off and the pacing seems a tad fast.
Regardless, 8/10 solid first ep.

Apr 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Oh shit! Dio is back!
Apr 4, 2014 9:17 PM

Sep 2013
Anime of the year has arrived and it start off strong like expected. stands seem pretty interesting compared to using the ripple for combat, and old Joseph is awesome.
Apr 4, 2014 9:55 PM
Oct 2012
Jesus, how is this almost in the top 100 after just its first episode.....?
Apr 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is so full of shit. Meh. 9/10 for the series so far from me though. Just sayin'
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2013
Friggin Persona wannabe, dropped.
Apr 4, 2014 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
OH Yes! SO much better than the OVA so far. I'm feelin Jojo's Black uniform

I just hope Avdol starts wearing pants eventually, a long robe like that isn't really tactical.

the stylized frames and the over the topness add SO much to this series

gedata said:
Jotaro: Shut the fuck up bitch!
Holly: Okaaaaay
*Enter new logo"
lmao

Lol that scene was fantastic!

AzuriteMal said:

actually Persona is probably the wannabe. The original Jojo OVA came out before the 1st Persona game, and the Jojo manga is even older than that.
DaydreamHeroApr 4, 2014 10:42 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2014
amehmood16 said:
Jesus, how is this almost in the top 100 after just its first episode.....?

Top 40, actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
AzuriteMal said:

Probably a joke, but I wonder how many people have actually thought this?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 4, 2014 10:36 PM
Jan 2014
Not as good as I thought it would be, especially the BGM. So 3/5
Apr 4, 2014 11:01 PM

Mar 2014
AzuriteMal said:

Not sure if serious.

If you are: Research and check the dates
Apr 4, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
I gave it a 5/5, but what I meant was 6/5. It was so perfectly done, the pacing, the music, the animation, the seiyu choices, /fangasm.
Apr 4, 2014 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
First time watching a JoJo series and it was quite interesting. I thought the art would turn me off but it was okay.

I still don't get the massive hype though. Unique art aside, I don't think it's that different with your typical action series.. just some people having entities fight for them like Shaman King or Persona (yes I know JoJo is an older series but I still don't see where the hype came from). Oh well I'll just watch it to pass time every week.. maybe it'll surprise me like Kill la Kill (which I hated at first but ended up liking as it progressed).
MoeGodApr 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Apr 5, 2014 12:04 AM

Nov 2012
DylDawg said:
Do you have the original?
Apr 5, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:
First time watching a JoJo series and it was quite interesting. I thought the art would turn me off but it was okay.

I still don't get the massive hype though. Unique art aside, I don't think it's that different with your typical action series.. just some people having entities fight for them like Shaman King or Persona (yes I know JoJo is an older series but I still don't see where the hype came from). Oh well I'll just watch it to pass time every week.. maybe it'll surprise me like Kill la Kill (which I hated at first but ended up liking as it progressed).

The real inventive and creative stuff with Stands start AFTER this part. For now, we're treated to the basic powers and battle type ability of Stand, but the fights in this part are pretty darn good too.

The hype came from JoJo being the one who preceded and inspired those series, and the later parts have some of the best and smart/witty/cunning fights in shounen mangas.

Nope said:
DylDawg said:
Do you have the original?

Sadly I do not. Sorry.
Apr 5, 2014 12:16 AM
Jun 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:

You're supposed to watch the first season first.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_%282012%29
Apr 5, 2014 12:46 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
I still don't get the massive hype though.

Well, it comes Natural with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:
1. The Series is old as fuck, and still running
2. It's a really popular series
3. Stardust Crusaders was the most popular part in the series
4. The1st Season by David Production was very well received because they're faithful to the style of the manga. (Main Factor)
5. Most of the Hype comes from the Avid Manga Readers, which is A lot of them.

Just compare this episode with the OVA, and which one will most likely excite the audience more?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnb1tHqLMIM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 5, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
Now it's in the top 30 :-)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2012
Wonderful.
Apr 5, 2014 1:23 AM

Sep 2013
On another note, the official anime Twitter confirmed that the OP visuals will be done by the same studio who did the two first openings, so expect a really fucking awesome one as always
Apr 5, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2013
I find it weird how it's already in the top 50 even though it's only been 1 episode
Apr 5, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
Stardust Crusader is here! Look like they done well with the sales for the previous part to improve the animation this much. I can't wait for Dio to appear and do his things. Gonna have to wait a while for that.

Wonder what the OP and ED gonna be, I won't mind if they keep the previous ED song.

It would be awesome if its 3 cour or something.

Lel at people calling it Persona wannabe, funny people.

Apr 5, 2014 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
BadassKatana said:
I find it weird how it's already in the top 50 even though it's only been 1 episode

1) Perfect execution of Jojo 2012 from DP.
2) Less new viewers/non-fans who dislike the style (same with Gintama).
3) Actual budget.
4) Nearly everyone who watches this has read the manga (at least from the hardcore crowd who discusses it here).

Speaking of which: Three Jojo's in the top 10 sound MUCH more appealing to me than three Gintama. SC, Diamond and SBR can do it :D

KaiserNazrin said:
Stardust Crusader is here! Look like they done well with the sales for the previous part to improve the animation this much. I can't wait for Dio to appear and do his things. Gonna have to wait a while for that.

Wonder what the OP and ED gonna be, I won't mind if they keep the previous ED song.

It would be awesome if its 3 cour or something.

Lel at people calling it Persona wannabe, funny people.

Persona would probably not exist without SC to begin with, some people are indeed silly.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Persona would probably not exist without SC to begin with, some people are indeed silly.

Not to mention Persona 4 is a rip off of JoJo part 4 in more ways than just one. I think there was a whole wall of text for that.
Apr 5, 2014 1:47 AM
Oct 2012
damn now it's 35, that's pretty freaking crazy. Last time I saw such a high ranking after one episode was SnK, well once the hype dies down we'll see just how well SC stacks against other high ranked anime.
Apr 5, 2014 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
It was an interesting episode...but animation seemed....quirky to me, I can´t understand why. Despite that, I can´t wait for the next episode.
Apr 5, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2013
DejWoSWK said:
It was an interesting episode...but animation seemed....quirky to me, I can´t understand why. Despite that, I can´t wait for the next episode.

The only noticeable animation faults I saw were the obvious distance shots, they looked kind of weird with the super thick outlines and all

And those didn't just appear in distance shots all the time
Apr 5, 2014 1:51 AM

Mar 2014
MAN! I am loving this so far!
All of these characters seem so interesting, and I think stands seems super cool.

As somebody who has never read the manga whatsoever, I really liked part 2, and even after just finishing that a couple days ago, I'm still supremely hyped for more JoJo.
I'm loving the animation, too, it's looking really nice.

The OP song has already been announced... but, anybody want to take bets on what the ED song will be? I'm guessing it'll be another classic rock song, to keep with the theme of the names, and the previous series' ED.

I doubt they'll go with another Yes track, but I'm guessing it's likely it'd be something similar from that era.
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and take a somewhat obscure guess that I feel would fit:
"Tales of Brave Ulysses" by Cream

Here's a YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeIIyj8_2A

There's a few reasons why I guessed this -
1) Seeing as how Warner Bros. is producing the show, and how Warner Music Group owns the rights to Roundabout, and also owns the rights to all of Cream's songs, it seems like it'd be a simple process of signing it off for use on the show.
2) The song's lyrics & tone seem to reflect the show to some extent, talking about an epic journey.
3) The song has a similarly slow start, much like Roundabout, only to jump into something a bit heavier, with guitar solos and all that good stuff.

Like, I said, though... it's just a guess.
If not that song, I'm betting they probably pick some track from Cream. Oooh! or maybe something by King Crimson. That is, if they even stick with theme of a classic rock song at all.
vigorousjammerApr 5, 2014 1:56 AM
::End of Transmission::

Apr 5, 2014 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
AzuriteMal said:

>Didn't watch first season
>Drops second season

Makes sense. Also those scorings. The trolling is strong.
Apr 5, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2008
gedata said:
Jotaro: Shut the fuck up bitch!
Holly: Okaaaaay
*Enter new logo"
lmao

If only you could shut up every annoying person by just putting a logo on their face...
Apr 5, 2014 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
10/10

Absolutely perfect.
Dem voice actors.
Apr 5, 2014 2:50 AM
Mar 2011
Its everything I ever wanted from an anime. Hope the quality stays consistent, what i dont think is likely.
Apr 5, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
vigorousjammer said:
All of these characters seem so interesting, and I think stands seems super cool.

As somebody who has never read the manga whatsoever, I really liked part 2, and even after just finishing that a couple days ago, I'm still supremely hyped for more JoJo.

The OP song has already been announced... but, anybody want to take bets on what the ED song will be? I'm guessing it'll be another classic rock song, to keep with the theme of the names, and the previous series' ED.

I doubt they'll go with another Yes track, but I'm guessing it's likely it'd be something similar from that era.
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark, and take a somewhat obscure guess that I feel would fit:

1) Seeing as how Warner Bros. is producing the show, and how Warner Music Group owns the rights to Roundabout, and also owns the rights to all of Cream's songs, it seems like it'd be a simple process of signing it off for use on the show.
2) The song's lyrics & tone seem to reflect the show to some extent, talking about an epic journey.
3) The song has a similarly slow start, much like Roundabout, only to jump into something a bit heavier, with guitar solos and all that good stuff.

If not that song, I'm betting they probably pick some track from Cream. Oooh! or maybe something by King Crimson. That is, if they even stick with theme of a classic rock song at all.

If we don't get a Dio song, Cream would be fine with me. King Crimson is reserved for Part 5, though :P
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2014 3:31 AM

Jun 2008
This looks so bad now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZQqD9T81c

some1 should make a comparison video
Apr 5, 2014 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
Dizzee said:
This looks so bad now

Though, it's better animated in some aspects
Apr 5, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
Dizzee said:
This looks so bad now

That.... actually looks pretty fucking awesome.

I mean, it's a decade ago right? It looks sharper. I'm not gonna say it's better, but it's not worse either. It's just as good with slight differences.
The animation is more fluid though. Might pick it up after this current one is over.
Apr 5, 2014 3:48 AM
Oct 2010
Dizzee said:
This looks so bad now

Ugh, it definitely doesn't look bad, in fact I'd say it looks great. The new jojo just has it own unique artstyle and the benefits of coming out in 2012/14, well and Jotaro looks better.
Apr 5, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
Did someone just compare OVA with TVA and say OVA looked so bad? End of humanity is coming.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 5, 2014 3:57 AM

Jan 2014
DawnJ said:
Did someone just compare OVA with TVA and say OVA looked so bad? End of humanity is coming.

< New fan here actually thinks it's slightly better

End of humanity delayed.
Apr 5, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2008
DawnJ said:

The ova was so incomplete, The OVA should not even be mentioned.
Apr 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Jan 2012
Dizzee said:
This looks so bad now

The animation and backgrounds look much better than the new series. Honestly the only thing the new series beats it in is character design, because they look like the actual characters instead of cavemen.
Apr 5, 2014 4:34 AM

May 2009
i dont know how this will fit in 26 episodes actually. "The world" had nearly 18 chapters in manga and there are shit ton of enemies besides that. 152 chapters in total, only 4 chapters are done so far.. ahhh im kind of worried but well you have my full support DP.
Apr 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Sep 2013
Dizzee said:
This looks so bad now

http://i.imgur.com/8wXYLnA.jpg

Not a video but I tried comparing a few shots. Not exactly super fair since the other source was 480p with artifacts and the other one was 720p. Also, my apologies for the horrible stitch, I don't really make those that often.

EDIT/ Goddamnit why did Avdol cut off, oh whatever
Apr 5, 2014 5:31 AM

Oct 2012
It's time for some WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Apr 5, 2014 5:37 AM

Apr 2011
vigorousjammer said:

Man keep reading the manga! :) Im currently at part 5, The beginning of the Stand Era is fricking epic, All of the battles are epic. You'll a lot of things that shounens like HxH etc have adapted from JoJO.
Apr 5, 2014 5:43 AM
Jan 2010
judals said:

That.... actually looks pretty fucking awesome.

I mean, it's a decade ago right? It looks sharper. I'm not gonna say it's better, but it's not worse either. It's just as good with slight differences.
The animation is more fluid though. Might pick it up after this current one is over.

That one is an OVA. This is a TV series.
Apr 5, 2014 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Erina survive the ship sinking by using Dio's coffin as a life raft? If so how was Dio in his coffin for the past 100 years?
Apr 5, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
SimmianPrime said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Erina survive the ship sinking by using Dio's coffin as a life raft? If so how was Dio in his coffin for the past 100 years?

There was two coffin.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

128 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

131 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.