Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2014 1:56 AM

Feb 2013
First season was way better. This gets a 6/10 from me.
Mar 28, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
first season is better, meh sequels are usually bad as they say
Mar 28, 2014 2:16 AM

Nov 2012
So instead of following the cliche line of all romances, we get cat babies and a huge disappointment....
I don't even want a 3rd season. This was just a whole let down for me >.>
Mar 28, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, dat phone call. Typical interrupter for kisses. ㅠ.ㅠ
OMG, LOL at Yuuta's reaction when he knew the guy was Chihiro hahaha
WHO'S THE SEIYUU FOR CHIHIRO?! I must know.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Mar 28, 2014 2:33 AM

Nov 2013
My thoughts during the ending part:
Satone and Rikka touching noses, HOLY SHIT THAT'S THE KEY VISUAL
are they finally gonna kiss? aww Rikka starts crying
it's okay, Yuta set the mood with some flashbacks
kissing on the cheeks, c'mon a real kiss?
IS IT HERE? ARE THEY GONNA KISS FOR REAL?
THE MUSIC IS PLAYING...THE MOOD IS RIGHT...THEY'RE CLOSING IN...
SHIT!!
Nibutani gets it, unlike our two main characters. http://i.imgur.com/0vPdjpu.jpg
And a nice title drop at the end.

Well ASIDE FROM THAT TROLL KISS SCENE, the rest of the episode had me laughing my ass off.
Makoto shows up briefly again to profess his love for Kumin,
Nibutani and Dekomori fighting each other in front of Satone,
the girls' bath scene,
Makoto's boys love guy and Yuta's reaction
better than average for a typical episode in this season. KyoAni did a great job with the episode until they final encounter under the bridge.

i know it's kyoani and they hate kisses so i was already expecting it to get interrupted, but THE SITUATION WAS JUST RIGHT AND THEY DENIED IT FROM US ADSFK;JADSLFK;ADSJFKLADSJ;LFKAJS;FLKSADLFKJADS;

8/10 anyways, same rating as first season. even though the satone arc was resolved lamely and there was less romantic development than expected (COUGH this episode COUGH), this season was way funnier and kept its running gags well.
xxdeathxMar 28, 2014 3:00 AM
Mar 28, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
A befitting crappy end to a crappy sequel.

I'm not the biggest fan of Chuu2byo but at least the first season was fun, this was not.

Seriously, Rikka has better chemistry with Satone than with Yuuta -_-

Seeing them together just makes me cringe.

And it still sucks they cut out Makoto. He only returns as a gag character for 5 seconds.

A generous 6/10 and only because I really like Satone...and Nibu x Deko.
Ga_LaxyMar 28, 2014 2:59 AM
Mar 28, 2014 3:11 AM
Sep 2013
well, if this show didnt deliver any good comedy, i would rate it 5 or 6 .

season end, no kiss. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2014 4:02 AM

Mar 2009
That was really disappointing, I wouldn't watch another season
\
Mar 28, 2014 4:27 AM

Apr 2007
what a waste of my time this entire season's been.
Mar 28, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
Of course the typical cell phone interrupting kiss!!! MY GOD THAT WAS FRUSTRATING!!

This last episode just killed the series. It was nice to see Dekomori's and Mori Summer's love-hate Yuri relationship as always but damn it the kiss tease was too much. Oh well I suppose it was too much to expect a kiss in a KyoAni show. I don't think I've ever seen a kiss in any of their show that I've watched.

Overall a funny season with some very nice animation and development of the side characters but I think they got confused as to what direction they really want to take in this season. Far, faaaar inferior to the 1st season.

7/10 and that's ONLY thanks to the laughs.
MoeGodMar 28, 2014 5:09 AM
Mar 28, 2014 5:32 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad I don't give a rat's ass about those two, would have been pretty irritating, a whole episode of build-up, for naught. At least we have something of a closure, the anime adaptation can end here. 3/5.

Nibutani, Dekomori and Shichimiya had very enjoyable scenes, but the rest of the characters and the story in general was really weak. 4/10.
Mar 28, 2014 5:33 AM
Apr 2013
The first season was better but I would not say, that the whole second season was disappointing. I did like some episodes or moments in this season, so for me it is overall a 7/10.
Mar 28, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2014
S2 was a huge disappointment.

Not even a simple kiss, again? Seriously? Not sure if trolling or just unable to do something properly.

That aside, I was especially annoyed by that redundant love triangle and its meagre resolution.

KyoAni's recent anime were nothing but shiny. Not looking forward to anything from them anymore. Real waste of beautiful visuals. Just give us Haruhi S3.
Mar 28, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
Nice,going from 7/10 to 6/10,or maybe 5.
This was awful and useless.
I prefered Shichimiya over Rikka way too much,she had a huge potential but they ruined her in the end.
And of course,I knew it,I very knew it,if they had a possible chance,the generic interruption would occur. Why would KyoAni give us a kiss? It's that impossible?
If Tamako Love Story (and I mean LOVE STORY) doesn't involve a single kiss then I give up and never watch KyoAni's "romance".
Mar 28, 2014 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
Disturbingly shit sequel, from utterly shit development of Rikka x Yuuta to fucking shit ending.

Shichimiya and Nibutani are the only good things here.

5/10
Mar 28, 2014 7:10 AM

Sep 2013
Last chance to redeem themselves by actually giving us the kiss, but no, couldn't even give us that.. Whole series of build up for that lame ass ending.

Could have at least had Isshiki x Kumin do something, instead we get a completely irrelevant gay scene for a minute, until everything Isshiki related is forgotten again.

Satone's 'bye bye' meant nothing.

What a waste of time.

8/10 first series
6/10 this series, and that's mostly thanks to the 2 school trip episodes, which i did enjoy i must admit.
Mar 28, 2014 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
Damn it all to hell!!! It was so close........anyway.....

Still loved this season, although it looks like a lot of you did not, I don't get why not, it was cute, fun, and exactly what I wanted......except for the whole no kiss part.....fuck!!!
Mar 28, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
UUUUGGGGH 2/10 NO KISS ON LIPS

WHY CANT THEY KISS EACH OTHER AND PUT THEIR TONGUES IN EACH OTHERS MOUTHS AND F*K EACH OTHER AND PROGRESS THEIR RELATIONSHIP LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE even though that's contrary to one of the story's main messages?

It's not that I'm not annoyed that they just had to get that inconvenient phone call right then, it's that I'm also annoyed by all the people in the comments complaining about 'no kissing' and 'not enough relationship development.' If I remember correctly, the theme of 'take your relationship at your own pace' was present even in the first season. It was blatantly obvious by like episode four of this one. I want to see Yuuta and Rikka's relationship progress too, but quite frankly I appreciated the story's message and I'm glad they didn't make the main relationship progress in a way that would defy the characters' established personalities and contradict the point the story seems to be trying to make.

7/10 for the series. Comedy was good, it built on the first season well and presented a consistent theme that didn't contradict the ideas presented in the first season, but the dramatic elements weren't quite as good and the chuunibyou started to drag a little in some serious scenes. It's also becoming painfully obvious that, even if you accept the possibility of Rikka having chuunibyou and being mature, she still needs to grow up. I mean, she doesn't seem able to do her homework or get out of bed without Yuuta berating her, and he seems more like a father than a boyfriend at times.
Mar 28, 2014 9:15 AM
Dec 2012
2nd season wasn't nearly as good as the 1st one. I'll give this 7/10.

And still no kiss on the lips...
Mar 28, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
eh..This episode really felt like it tried to do too much in one episode.Bringing back Isshiki who they[sadly] turned into an irrelevant character i,making him black and gay out of nowhere and putting some disappointing fan service to the show.Also about 1000000000000% more sexual humor than the rest of the show.I felt like this show needed 2 more episodes to not have such a panicky ending.This final episode could have been so much better,it had potential to it.

I would have wanted to see the love triangle to actually continue or Rikka and Togashi to kiss but no..12 episodes and nothing really changed.
removed-userMar 28, 2014 9:42 AM
Mar 28, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
It was fun & all,albeit not as much as the 1st season,but it didn't really go anywhere.

6/10.

Let me get straight to the point now: KyoAni has been lacking big time recently. Fans & haters aside,the people who were neutral to them(*raises hand*) are getting tired of them and some of them are not even bothering to watch their shows anymore.
Mar 28, 2014 9:50 AM
Jul 2011
What a waste of season.
Mar 28, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Isshiki. The writers have been just shittin' on him the whole season. From his tan, it seems like they literally did...

I can't believe it. They got closer, but they seriously pulled out again on that kiss with that classic phone call interruption. I'm so done.
Mar 28, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Cute final episode, as always~! x3
What I didn't expect....was that short yaoi scene! D: What a shame...something like that in a KyoAni anime. xD

We didn't get a kiss scene, but whatever, least there were lots of funny scenes throughout the anime. :3
Kind of sad to see the series end....but oh well....
Got to move on~! x3
Mar 28, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
An odd way to end the series!?

I thought this episode would be the most important one being the last and possible final one but we didn't get a successful kissing scene and got a typical phone call interference. On the bright side, I liked how Yuuta and Rikka are progressing through their own relationship in their own way so perhaps it was good for them. The way how Rikka acted to progressing their relationship further was a good development. It turns out that Chimaera had babies and quite a lot of them!!

Isshiki is such a funny character and that scene with his beloved Chihiro was so hilarious. I'm glad that Sophia has regained herself back and accepted the changes around her as well as being supportive of Rikka's relationship with Yuuta alongside Nibutani and the rest.

Overall this was an alright series but I mainly enjoyed the new character Sophia being involved as this created a suspense change in our main casts' relationship but some parts were average scenes. Nevertheless it was a good ride but didn't really feel the 'final' episode to me so maybe we will get more in the future!?

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 8/10
Story/Plot: 7/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 7/10
Overall Score: 7/10

Final Image: http://i.imgur.com/7nD0Js8.jpg

Mar 28, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
Statistically speaking, it seems someone did "do it." lol

Anyway, not the best ending but it is the perfect setup for a future season. I liked the drama and thanks to it we had some character development and their relationship advanced. I'm looking forward to a continuation of this. Hopefully we will not have to wait too long.

Also, poor Makoto! He had so little screen time this season. I guess that scene was a setup for the upcoming season of Free!

Although I am disappointed that they did not kiss, I really enjoyed watching this. Overall I give it an 8/10 (And only because I'm feeling generous.)
ClementIVMar 28, 2014 10:37 AM
Mar 28, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2012
What a let down. I started off really enjoying this season, but as it went on I just got more and more bored with it, and now this finale sealed the deal. They could have done so much more with this season, the characters, but instead it was mired in a near-total lack of development. Sigh.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Mar 28, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
Ending was mediocre but this season was mediocre so it wasn't as bad as first season in which the ending was the only flaw and an absolute wast of that good buildup.
As many users already pointed out this season was worse then the first season there wasn't much development and most of it was pointlessly focused on the 2nd year syndrome which is a shame.

The biggest plus point was that we got to see Touka in her swimsuit but really i wanted to see more development.
And that's something that really lacked this season.
Mar 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2012
I'm utterly disappointed. After a very predictible love triangle , at least give us a kiss scene in the end, i'm disappointed KyoAni , i'm very disappointed.
Mar 28, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2011
Well , it was good as it lasted. I gotta admit , the kiss interruption really pissed the hell outta me.

7/10
Mar 28, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
Trolled by a cell phone.
This is KyoAni being KyoAni. Scared to show any type of progressing relationship.
Either that, or they are doing some pretty hardcore trolling.
Mar 28, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
Damn what happened to this season, this show was so good in the first season which is why i kept watching this season. This whole season just felt so disappointing, that i just can't even explain my frustration.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2011
THEY DIDN'T KISS I'M SO MAD
Mar 28, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2011
9/10 for most of the season but the ending... almost as bad as Hamatora..
Mar 28, 2014 3:41 PM

May 2012
I've come to the conclusion that the franchise is a metaphor for Japan's declining birthrate/population crisis.

Yuta and Rika are the youth of Japan. They aren't having enough sex.

Yuta's phone interruption is symbolic of men choosing technology over intimacy.

In the same scene where the gang is annoyed that they won't kiss, this is representative of Japan's foreign partners who don't want to bail out Japan in a bunch of years as the country becomes paralyzed in a hopeless attempt to support it's overwhelming retiree demographic.

It was still a bad season though.
Mar 28, 2014 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
TBH This season sucks, I actually like the 1st season better. When Satone was introduced, I knew something bad is going to happen when she is interfering Yuto and Rikka's moments. There are some progression with their romance but still slow for the most part, and WTF no kiss....

7/10, my original was 9, but didn't live out my expectations for this season.

Mar 28, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2013
No! I can't tell you how pissed I was when the phone went off! This season was way worse than the first but I can't say I totally hated it. Chihiro was hilarious and the flower falling off the door (dat symbolism). I still enjoyed myself enough to give it a 6/10 (maybe lower it down to a 5 later). The Satone stuff was good IMO but the resolution was terrible. I didn't like Togashi and Rikka's relationship being like father and daughter either.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Mar 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Nov 2012
Are you serious, how can they let the phone ring in the last ep... just pure unnecessary trolling, no need for it at all. You even set up the situation to end it with a by the book kiss come on now!

season wasn't bad though I liked it. 7/10

Mar 28, 2014 4:36 PM
Apr 2010
What is character development? KyoAni needs to have a really long meeting about this topping because I saw next to nill in this season. Honestly I was getting bored off my mind just to finish this one...
Mar 28, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
Thank god this abomination is now over.
This season is totally pointless. They could've just made an additional OVA or something.

And wow
Novel = 2 kisses
Anime = keiner
5/10
Mar 28, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
IS THAT THE VERY END OF THE CHUUNI SERIES

OG GOOOOOOOOOD NOOOOOO
What are you looking here for
Mar 28, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
For me it feels like 12 episodes for nothing
6/10, only enjoyed Mori Summer's scenes
Mar 28, 2014 9:49 PM
Jun 2010
Hibbington said:
You guys are being way too cruel to season two, I'm still giving it a 8.0 8/10. I want a third season, see what happens in their third and last year in high school before they have to enter the real world. Like they said, their moving slow but their moving in their own way. This isn't a normal couple people.

What really hurts this anime is episodes like number 4 where dekomori and mori-summer getting pretty serious character progression and they whip it all away when Dekomori still calls her fake mori-summer for lols. I'm not going to crucify this anime over it like it seems you all are. Saying your happy that it's over, I hope there isn't a season three, take this anime being the barn and shoot it so another anime can take their slot. For what? Another Mahou Sensou? This is not an I.S. season two esc.
Yes TT3TT needed much more Deko x Nibutani development~
Mar 28, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
And after that it's obvious that there was clearly no point in this season besides the extra $$$ KyoAni will make. Pretty sad since I was looking forward to it : / Nowhere near as good as the first season.

6/10.
Mar 28, 2014 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
so the only kiss we got was Dekomori and Nibutani...

still it was much better than the 3 dogshit anime KyoAni produced last year; so 7/10
Mar 28, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2013
Dagnamiit I can't believe its over already!

This relationship is getting old oh so fast. You wish there'd be some sort of resolution to it all and that they'd just act more like a couple already. Their relationship just went absolutely nowhere...

If they ever plan for a third season, they better come out with better material than these twelve episodes of time waste.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2014 10:29 PM
Jun 2013
KyoAni with the massively built up ginormous middle finger for half an episode. Someone make a gif of this please.

Overall eps 1-5 were garbage, eps 6-11 were a vast improvement, like how the love triangle wasn't the typical two girls fighting over one guy, instead shichimiya is trying to fall out of love which was refreshing.
Mar 28, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 2012
Shichimiya still best girl.
Mar 28, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
pretty safe to say this season was completely unnecessary been a while since i been so disappointed in a sequel

6/10 just because of Nibutani greatness

seriously wonder how free is gonna be in summer lol..
Mar 28, 2014 11:09 PM

Sep 2013
Nibutani, no just no.

That tan had to hurt.

Looks like Rikka has something up top ;)

I never realized Shichimiya's hair was so long.

"What?!" My thought's exactly.

Poor Isshiki.

What a troll >.>

What the heck are with those kitten's coloring lolz?
Zaraquiel99 said:
lol Togashi got cock blocked by a pussy.

Ha nice

Stark700 said:

Mod edit
No mater what the ending was like it's no excuse for offensive language or three word posts, please keep things friendly an remember that single phrase posts are against the rules

First time I've seen that happen and I think Aversa missed a 'd' :P
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:32 AM

» What happend to isshiki screentime?

ShaggyBoyy - May 28, 2023

7 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

175 by FarCritical »»
May 6, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

216 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.