Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 12, 2014 11:52 PM

Aug 2013
Gersen said:
Kyoani and mentally underdeveloped girls is not something that's exactly new, but this is getting to a point where I'm screaming for some parents to get involved and take that girl out of that environment so she can thrive as an adult.

She is not just "playing around" or "letting her inner child out". Her fantasy world affects her daily life and cripples her interactions with other people; it's not something that she can switch on and off. And instead of having people around her helping to overcome her issues, they are just making it worse. Even her older sister, who appears genuinely worried at times, plays along with her delusions.

I like kyoani's art and animation, and they sure can make some of the cutest moeblobs out there, but I can't take a step back, look at this, and not feel dirty. It would be OK if it was all comedy and daily life shenanigans (I highly prefer the filler episodes), but each time they take a slightly more serious tone everything gets dark fast, and now that we're past episode 9, I'm afraid we're only going to get more of that.

Heh and I like it more when it gets dark. Actually the reason I enjoyed S1 was watching Rikka facing with the fact her delusions just aren't exactly right for her development as a human being but a coping strategy.

So I was a little disappointed when she chose to keep them this season.
Mar 13, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
swimsuits, friend noodles, rikka's sister and a cute little girl...who wouldn't want that? lol

its really funny how well they get along with the kid especially that 'catch the sword scene'... :D

rikka losing her powers?! aannnnndd its back again, it is even stronger than before...

and finally, Shichimiya realizing her feelings for Yuuta...about time...

Shichimiya is like a double edge sword in this anime, don't know if i feel relieved or disappointed, 'disreliepointed' maybe? xD

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 18, 2014 9:37 PM

Apr 2009
Kumin's aunt and uncle can afford to lose money in that place? They must have lots of assets to throw around then.

Damn for a second there, I really believed that was Touka's daughter! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 19, 2014 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Damn, that makes me all jittery now that Satone is starting to fall for Yuuta again... I've wanted Satone x Yuuta since the moment she arrived on the scene. I know it's probably unlikely, but it would still make me happy as hell.

I really wonder what ever happened to Makoto... he hasn't been seen since the class trip. I feel bad knowing that he wasn't invited to the beach with them. I can understand why he wasn't in last episode though, since he would've probably laughed at Nibutani.
Mar 22, 2014 11:39 PM

May 2012
Meh episode aside from Touka appearing again.

lm_L said:
Am I the only person who thinks that the new character is really dragging this show down? I'm feeling i'd be enjoying this alot more without her

This season has been lackluster and it's definitively not because of her. The love triangle might be the only interesting this show will have left.
Mar 31, 2014 8:10 AM

May 2010
Touka really had me believing here xD

I am kinda liking Satone x Yuuta now. The flashbacks were good.
Apr 1, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Oh Touka and your serious jokes xD.

Oh noes... she just realized what she lost... It's going to be a battle of tears soon.
Apr 1, 2014 4:51 PM

May 2012
Power of love removes the powers they have he? Well this was rather nice, a quite lovely beach episode actually and well that ending was interesting as well :p

Might there be another love triangle soon?
Apr 2, 2014 6:09 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Context switching, a bit of sun and sea, but not the usual bet made only swimsuits and provocative girls.
At least in this episode is different from the usual.
The plot while contemplating an evolution, in the end seems to dampen itself, and returns to be a step backwards.
Comedic narration, but nothing new under the sun. Better if Nibutani and Dekomori had had more space in the narrative, which seems like a farce and a half twists a bit strange. Sophia is only now, after giving up so easily, rediscovers feelings for Yuta. Plus it's also a little addictive. Chapter in Yuta who is the figure of the fool, for the umpteenth time.
Oh well ...
Apr 7, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Touka and her italian joke xD

I don't know what will happen... But Yuuta x Rikka route please!!
"Signature removed"
Apr 17, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
well until the end on the train scene this was the weakest episode for me i just have a gripe with the generic beach episode i kinda rolled my eyes as if to say 'oh.... this episode'
Jun 27, 2014 4:00 PM
May 2013
randompadley said:
well until the end on the train scene this was the weakest episode for me i just have a gripe with the generic beach episode i kinda rolled my eyes as if to say 'oh.... this episode'
Needs more NTR I tell you.
Jul 6, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, but... I can't help but feel that Rikka accepting her chuunibyou as part of Yuuta's contract feels horribly wrong when I remember first season. It's not like she understands love at all.
On the other hand, Shichimiya never stopped loving him it seems. In light of Rikka showing her there could have been another path for her I understand she regained her feelings again. Man, no way both of the can be happy.
I wonder what next episode comes with.

Also, Touka saying that little girl is her daughter, man, I was speechless for a while. They really should have made her not joking. That would be helluva developement!
Jul 11, 2014 8:59 PM

Jun 2014
That italian joke! xD
Sep 6, 2014 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
Well f***... looks like Shichimiya is falling back in love with Yuuta >.>

TragicRomance said:
Touka really had me believing here xD

lol Same XD
Sep 14, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
Can't help but feel sorry for Satone also, she could have that chance with Yuuta..you can see how she's in love with him back then...shen even imagined the possible things that happen could between them, if they ever became a couple...poor Satone..don't worry you'll find that guy someday...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 29, 2014 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
Wait, I thought that she knows that she loved him, really?
Here I was feeling bad for her, thinking that she was gonna cry, and it happened that?
That... oh wow.
Jan 2, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2013
Rikka's losing her powers.
Meawhile, Touka joins the party with her "daughter", Cento.
Lol, Rikka didn't catch the sword.
As of now, Touka's just disappoint-elieved.

Rikka upgrades herself. Then she decides to choose going both ways.
But in the end, Satone just gets hurt even more. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 2, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2013
Rikka's losing her powers.
Meawhile, Touka joins the party with her "daughter", Cento.
Lol, Rikka didn't catch the sword.
As of now, Touka's just disappoint-elieved.

Rikka upgrades herself. Then she decides to choose going both ways.
But in the end, Satone just gets hurt even more. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 12, 2015 2:01 AM

Aug 2009
heart died of hnnnnnnnng when the loli appeared

great ep, milf that kumin has

shichimiya played a critical role in rikka's regaining of her powers

but wait, tehres gonna be more? me gusta

shichimiya level escalating quickly in me
Mar 21, 2015 5:08 PM
Mar 2015
Sort of reminds me of Golden Time where there's a love triangle involving a girl being attached to the MC's past self and another girl being in a relationship with the current MC.
Apr 19, 2015 2:09 AM

Aug 2014
Satone's definitely growing in my eyes. Woo Touka is back!
May 2, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
Shichimiya pls. D:
Jun 21, 2015 6:45 AM
May 2012
Touka almost gave me a heart attack with her joke. She is just damn hot *^*
I actually really feel sorry for Sophia. I don't mind Yuuta ending up with her.
Sophia's chuunibyou doesn't feel like chuunibyou at all. While Rikka's......She can't stay like that forever.

AlexGK said:
Really the show has too many female characters now, its slowly getting annoying for me.
Going full yuri with Nibutani and Dekomori, albeit cute sometimes, feels like a total waste lately. Especially Nibutani, come on.

It doesn't annoy me, what annoys me is that poor Ishikki remains miserable.
And yeah, waste for Nibutani. I heard that she likes Yuuta in the source material.
Jul 7, 2015 8:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
only worth reaction "Nooo....and magical sci-fi dark witch Rikka just became a mecha..."

-.- meh. Kinda hope Rikka will grow out of her syndrome.. and maybe only occasionally be silly with that syndrome likeYuuta
Nov 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned the kid yelling in the back about getting squid lol, it was so random and hilarious (btw I watched the Dub so that might have something to do with it)
Here's what the kid was yelling
Kid: "MOMMY I LIKE FRIED SQUIIIIIIIIIID"
Mom: "Again? why don't you try octopus this time?"
Kid: "BUT I LIKE SQUID CAUSE SQUID IS DUH BEEEEEEEST"

please watch the dub if you haven't xD
Feb 27, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
Urm... was this episode's drama supposed to make much sense? Why was Sophia insisting that Rikka couldn't "have the eye of the wicked lord" and her "relationship pact with Yuuta" simultaneously?

such sweet fan service though. The ending was also exceptionally moving.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 6, 2016 4:48 PM

Jul 2015
Another romance anime, another triangle............
May 14, 2016 8:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Loved the tengen toppa references here. Believe in me who believes in you!!
PlaycoolMay 14, 2016 9:02 AM
Jun 18, 2016 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
TTGL references for the win!

Ughh kill me now... I don't want a love triangle.

Honestly was hopping rikka would finally develop but she decided to choose both ughhh
Jun 22, 2016 5:28 AM

Jan 2015
Rewatching this anime for the 3. time :3

A Great episode where Rikka Regains her powers and becomes better freinds with Satone-chan :3

The ending of the episode was sad :'(
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jul 15, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2014
Really starting to get annoyed by parts of this show. The comedy that was so strong in the first two thirds of season one, just isn't working anymore. Rikka becomes increasingly unlikeable, especially next to Shichimiya, who actually has the ability to self-reflect, and whose bond with Togashi is build on cameraderie, instead of infantile dependence. Shichimiya chose the thug life.

I'm curious about the thrid token and what Rikka found in the notebook, and am hoping for some interesting plot twist or revelation, but I'm probably going to be dissapointed.

NostalgiaDrive94 said:
Kyoani and mentally underdeveloped girls is not something that's exactly new, but this is getting to a point where I'm screaming for some parents to get involved and take that girl out of that environment so she can thrive as an adult.

She is not just "playing around" or "letting her inner child out". Her fantasy world affects her daily life and cripples her interactions with other people; it's not something that she can switch on and off.

And then there was Hyouka,.. Point taken though. Comparing any slice of life series to Hyouka is still "unfair" in my opinion. It just got too many things right. That said, Chuunibyou doesn't even try: in real life Japan, people would be upset and screaming for some parents too, instead of genuinely standing in awe when Rikka smashes Shichimiya and Deko.

On Rikka; I don't think her fantasy world cripples her interactions with other people. Rather, I think her fantasy world serves to cover up her crippled interactions. That's what makes her different from Shichimiya and the others.

Goku said:
TTGL references for the win!

Liked the Space Battleship Yamato reference too!

AlexGK said:
Really the show has too many female characters now, its slowly getting annoying for me.

I don't think it's that there too much female characters per se, but rather the lack of balance. They could have easily made Cento a boy, or Kumin's aunt an uncle, and not have Japan appear as some kind of Amazonian society. Instead every single character introduced is female for no particular reason.

I also don't like, nor understand, why Ishiki was practically written out of season two, while he was as good as a main character in the first.

Tengai said:
And yeah, waste for Nibutani. I heard that she likes Yuuta in the source material.

I'm glad that was cut. I would make no sense character wise.

Touka, Nibutani, and Kumin are why I am really still watching this.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 26, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2016
Omg this show... I am torn. Now I want Satone x Yuuta. They'll make such a cute couple!
Oct 14, 2016 9:38 PM
Dec 2015
Not sure how I feel Shushimia having feelings for Yuuta all of a sudden like that. If they wanted to do the love triangle angle she should have been around in the season more besides random encounters here and there. At this time its too late. Don't care about the character much. Really wish Rikka would have chosen Yuuta over her Chunibyou. We shall see what happens next
Jan 14, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2016
maaaaaaaan satone is a fucking copy of minori from toradora but i still really like her character.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Nov 2, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2017
So PinkHair girl has a crush on Yuuta aswell? O-O oh shit....
Kokoro Connect <3
May 26, 2018 7:05 AM

Apr 2013
I had some hopes through this episode that Rikka might actually leave her chuuni syndrom behind but I guess that would be too huge of a change. So Satone also has feelings for him now, I thought that would happen way earlier in the show tbh. Touka is kinda annoying hitting everyone for no reason all the time...
Sep 28, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2014
Mercusu said:
lm_L said:
Am I the only person who thinks that the new character is really dragging this show down? I'm feeling i'd be enjoying this alot more without her

This season has been lackluster and it's definitively not because of her. The love triangle might be the only interesting this show will have left.

Totally. I only started the second season for Satone and what she could bring to the table as a love rival.
I started this series hoping for good comedy and maybe some decent romance but not for a useless relationship story between Yuuta and Rikka.
Feb 8, 2019 9:42 PM

May 2014
vvvortic said:

No, I'm with you. I hate this love triangle garbage. The first season was much better tbh.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Mar 13, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
Oh no she better not turn her back now that she’s helped rikka this far in
Jun 4, 2019 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
Why there are only females here, Makoto was throw away as just a comedic relief that contributes nothing and is nowhere to be seen in this season. Anyways Riika's cheating and choosing to be Yuuta's lover without stopping being her chunnibyou self while Sophia had chosen the same but she regrets not choosing otherwise which could have been her chance to had been Yuuta's lover, and is now that realizes that she is in love with him again, but would she choose the same path again? Probably.
Sep 6, 2019 7:31 AM
Sep 2019
1.- I knew it... This girl has a crush on Yuuta (I mean it was revealed earlier but she said herself she's over with it, but I never thought so).

2.- Seeing Sophia for so many scenes is really too much...
I mean I'm glad she helps Rikka but I still hate her.

3.- That talk in the night between Toka and Yuuta was nice; especially when she said that she's kinda both (disappointed and relieved)

4.- When Toka was joking about that girl being her daughter, I really took it serious for a moment, just like all the others. I'm actually also kinda both (disappointed and relieved) that it was just a joke. XD

5.- Also, I was so damn enjoying it in the beginning, when Rikka stood up from her bed and walked towards Yuuta only to touch his hand for a moment. I hope this scene lasted longer and it woldn't cut off right away to a whole different scene.

6.- In the end, at the train scene, I was first like: "Omg! Yes! Shinka and Satanae are leaning on at each other while sleeping!!" but then when I saw Sophia and Yuuta sitting together... I was really angry again. I'm glad she ran off to the bathroom because WHY THE HECK DID YOU FALL ON HER, YUUTA, AND WHY DIDN'T YOU SIT NEXT TO RIKKA?!?!?
TimeFliesAwaySep 6, 2019 7:42 AM
Sep 6, 2019 7:33 AM
Sep 2019
J0HN_L0CKE said:
vvvortic said:

No, I'm with you. I hate this love triangle garbage. The first season was much better tbh.

Same here. Sophia is really annoying and I really don't need her.
Nov 13, 2019 11:51 PM
Jan 2019
F*** man... She thought about it, her heart. It hurts. Feelings are powerful, it really is gonna affect Schichimiya.
Apr 6, 2020 1:06 PM
Jan 2019
AlexGK said:
Going full yuri with Nibutani and Dekomori, albeit cute sometimes, feels like a total waste lately. Especially Nibutani, come on.

Exactly man! Obv I'm late but Isshiki needs so much more screen time. Has he forgotten about kumin? Like he'd miss a chance like this...BS. You either make it all girls and a lad or have the bro there all the time...smh
Aug 20, 2020 7:23 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I got stick bugged by Tooka I legit believed her lmao. Rikka almost lost her powers but, by the power of the saiyans she comes back 2x stronger. Oh dear, Shichimiya is falling in love again with Yuuta. We all know Yuuta and Rikka will never waver but, I enjoy every episode so let's go.
Dec 15, 2020 2:17 PM
Aug 2020
Man, this show is losing me more and more. After all the Mori Summer nonsense, we get a love triangle as the final arc of this season? Bleh. Where's the magic of season 1? A real shame.
Feb 23, 2021 5:44 AM

Aug 2018
Kyoto AnimaT H I C Con... T H I C C fest. especially Touka-san.
Mar 27, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2020
Oh no the harem is beginning
Aug 10, 2021 1:51 AM

Jun 2020
A beach episode once again I'm happy to see this happening, Touka is back but the question is where does she always keep that ladle, Rikka got hit in the head, and I'm you're laughing she's in pain and I'm you're laughing how dare you

A lot of that didn't get the joke and I sure didn't as well, I thought she was hiding this but Cento's a cute little kid who likes samurai's not bad, Rikka is making herself do these ambitious things now she got bonked to oblivion I hope she's alright though

I mean I'm glad that she got her powers back and maybe better but I think not much has changed, But Shichimiya though is she might actually give in.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

170 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:32 AM

» What happend to isshiki screentime?

ShaggyBoyy - May 28, 2023

7 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jun 1, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

415 by FarCritical »»
May 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

175 by FarCritical »»
May 6, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.