Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 25, 2009 6:28 AM

Sep 2008
lol, there's too much material for just 26 episodes

lol, i didnt play a VN nor did i watch any Higurashi (it must be changed though). i just see that there are 5 characters left and 22 more episodes o_O so i thought end is near

but from what you guys say here that game is incomplete yet or something?

Ok now things are so going wrong, how can 4 characters last through the rest of the episodes, dun tell me their gonna restart time like higurashi >_> awww man

restart? wow thats unexpectable, i really have to watch that higurashi thing...
Jul 25, 2009 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
KayChan4U said:
And did anyone else notice the sort of Rena reference?

THIS SO HARD. I almost screamed RENA when I saw this. The hair, the hat, even the clothes. Not to mention her signature axe.
Jul 25, 2009 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
Ok, I've never played the visual novel, but I did see the part where it kind of challenged you to think of a human culprit. By the next episode preview, I have to say that if it is a human culprit, than the murderer is doing a good job of impersonating Beatrice. Most likely that person somehow convinced Maria that's who she is. The culprit then gave the letters to Maria and told her what do do with them and when.

The motivation for this may be that the murderer wants to find the gold. Who is the murderer? Well, It would have to be one of the people who have already been murdered. They only made it look like they've been murdered so nobody would suspect them, of course. My guesses are Shannon or Kinzo. Why would he want his own money? I don't know, maybe he doesn't know where it is either or something. In any case, his body is the least recognisable.

I know I'm going to be laughed at by some of the Visual Novel players, but that's my story so far and I'm sticking to it. If theres anything I learned from Higurashi, especially the first few episodes, It's that things aren't awlays as they seem. Never assume what you are seeing is the truth.
Jul 25, 2009 9:46 AM

Sep 2007
hopperjp said:
The answer arcs are not yet published even in the VN version.

Foggle said:
Especially now that the answer arcs have been announced.

;)
Jul 25, 2009 10:05 AM

Apr 2007
titanguy654 said:

I know I'm going to be laughed at by some of the Visual Novel players, but that's my story so far and I'm sticking to it. If theres anything I learned from Higurashi, especially the first few episodes, It's that things aren't awlays as they seem. Never assume what you are seeing is the truth.

Actually, our theories are as good as yours. Since none of the answer arcs are released yet, we don't know any of the answers. So there's nothing wrong with theorizing.

Besides, Ryukishi said in an interview that fans who watch the anime and/or read the manga will still be able to speculate. :)
Jul 25, 2009 10:42 AM
Nov 2008
Kanon dead. Sounds good for me, never liked this character :)
Jul 25, 2009 10:58 AM

Sep 2007
BakaOnna said:
Besides, Ryukishi said in an interview that fans who watch the anime and/or read the manga will still be able to speculate. :)

Isn't he working directly with DEEN on the anime? I know he did for Higu Kai.
Jul 25, 2009 5:22 PM

Apr 2007
Foggle said:
BakaOnna said:

Isn't he working directly with DEEN on the anime? I know he did for Higu Kai.

Yeah, he is.
Jul 25, 2009 6:02 PM

Sep 2007
SilentXenocide said:
titanguy654 said:
Ok, I've never played the visual novel, but I did see the part where it kind of challenged you to think of a human culprit. By the next episode preview, I have to say that if it is a human culprit, than the murderer is doing a good job of impersonating Beatrice. Most likely that person somehow convinced Maria that's who she is. The culprit then gave the letters to Maria and told her what do do with them and when.

The motivation for this may be that the murderer wants to find the gold. Who is the murderer? Well, It would have to be one of the people who have already been murdered. They only made it look like they've been murdered so nobody would suspect them, of course. My guesses are Shannon or Kinzo. Why would he want his own money? I don't know, maybe he doesn't know where it is either or something. In any case, his body is the least recognisable.

Kinzo wrote the epitaph though. I don't think he could write a riddle for the location of the gold if he himself didn't know where the gold is.

There's no doubt that the gold exists and that Kinzo has it. We also know for sure that Kinzo hid it somewhere on Rokkenjima.
Jul 25, 2009 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
When the seagulls cry...

Jul 25, 2009 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
RazorBeamz said:
How did no one realize that Maria was so evil? Can they not see her face when she talks?

Also, does anyone else find it fun to look up the bible verses that are mentioned?

Psalm 107:16
for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.

Psalm 77:13
Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God?

I'm almost wondering if that second one is sarcastic.

in the new american bible, psalm 77:13 is "I will recite all your works; your explots i will tell."

kinda sounds like maria.
Jul 25, 2009 10:54 PM
May 2008
Loved the episode,it was so intense with some scrapes of comedy in the beginning

....oh and Maria totally went end of The Blair Witch Project out of nowhere..
Jul 25, 2009 11:28 PM

Dec 2008
ScooterT said:
Loved the episode,it was so intense with some scrapes of comedy in the beginning

....oh and Maria totally went end of The Blair Witch Project out of nowhere..

Yeah, I noticed that too. Heh.
Jul 26, 2009 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
Two more episodes and characters will end lol, and Maria continues to scare me >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 2:35 AM

Sep 2008
Maria is the craziest kid ever :D
Jul 26, 2009 3:15 AM
Jul 2009
Isn't it obvious? They're going to do the same thing as Higurashi. There will be four qestion arcs in Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, and a second season with the four answers. I looked on Wikipedia, if the anime's the same as the game then Wikipedia says what shall be in each arc too.
Jul 26, 2009 5:16 AM

Sep 2008
What does Maria-chan mean that when everyone dies, people will all be revived and that everyone will be happy in the end? I don't get it.. Aren't these people sacrifices the founder (grandfather) had gathered for the revival of Beatrice? Why would the sacrifices be revived as opposed to the witch herself? Makes no sense...

its in that epitaph, its not just Maria
Jul 26, 2009 6:04 AM

Oct 2007
lowbitsoundninja said:
I got way too happy when Battler hit Maria. Anyway, I was mad that Kanon got offed and I felt really bad for George ;o;

I agree! Meh, I really dislike Maria.
Jul 26, 2009 6:32 AM
Jul 2009
titanguy654 said:

This guessing is similar to what I've been thinking about. Kinzo's body was burnt well-done, and nobody can deny a theory that any of the deads in the shed had sixth finger and was moved to the basement and roasted.
Jul 26, 2009 9:31 AM
Sep 2008
titanguy654 said:

Being able to recognize a body is incredibly important. But why Shannon? She and Krauss were the only two characters of the first twilight that you could distinguish that it was them. Everyone else had their faces completely screwed with, so the only way you could tell it was them was by clothing. Krauss and Shannon only had half of their face bashed in.

As for Kinzo,

Oh, and I think someone mentioned as to why no one did anything when Jessica fell down coughing when it was mentioned that Kanon died.

Was supposed to be in the introduction, Jessica was born with weak bronchi and had asthma. All she really needed was her inhaler.
z2000Jul 26, 2009 9:39 AM
Jul 26, 2009 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
dEVJE said:
Kanon dead. Sounds good for me, never liked this character :)

*kills you*

sorry, had to
Hidden Moonlight

隠された月光
Jul 26, 2009 10:28 AM
Nov 2008
Maria = Awesome!!!
Jul 26, 2009 4:17 PM
Feb 2009
I just rewatched it and didn't noticed before that you hear Beato's laugh when Kanon sees her face. :o
Jul 26, 2009 7:34 PM

Aug 2007
Shaoran said:
Neilikki said:
26 episodes? are there even enough material for that?

true, in fact I think 26 episodes won't be enough to cover all 4 Question arcs, and we've seen how many important scenes/explanations had been missing in the anime so far.

I think so far the harder murder case to solve (from human point of view) is Eva and Hideyoshi's closed room in the 2nd twilight, considering the door has been manually locked with chain from the inside, and the windows are also locked.

The destinies mend rift in time as men etches fate anew
Jul 26, 2009 7:58 PM

May 2009
Good episode yay for more Maria crazy! What is it with phones in the when they cry series? They seem to like using them for horror elements.

Kanon seemed very hot in this episode. It was sad when he died D:
Jul 26, 2009 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
I thought it was really well done.
It seems like whoever gets the scorpion pendants has the power to become the main character.
It was too bad about Kanon.
I enjoy this style of anime though.
Yay 26 episodes that is wonderful

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 26, 2009 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I'd never expect they'd leave the stake sound and the classic Beato laugh.. hehe

And just like everyone else, I'm pumped for the
Jul 26, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2007
_seraph said:
Shaoran said:
Neilikki said:

true, in fact I think 26 episodes won't be enough to cover all 4 Question arcs, and we've seen how many important scenes/explanations had been missing in the anime so far.

I think so far the harder murder case to solve (from human point of view) is Eva and Hideyoshi's closed room in the 2nd twilight, considering the door has been manually locked with chain from the inside, and the windows are also locked.

I think 5-5-7-9 would work out pretty good.
Jul 26, 2009 11:00 PM

Jul 2008
_seraph said:
Shaoran said:
Neilikki said:

What I am worried about is how long we have to wait for a second season with the answer arcs, because the answer arc games haven't even come out yet. =/
Jul 26, 2009 11:56 PM

Jun 2007
AntiDentite said:
_seraph said:

It's not hard to beat if you assume the servants are the culprits. If they are, then there's no proof that the chain was cut when they say it was.

My theory

Jul 27, 2009 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
MarthX said:
AntiDentite said:
_seraph said:

It's not hard to beat if you assume the servants are the culprits. If they are, then there's no proof that the chain was cut when they say it was.

My theory

I'd more than likely consider Natsuhi, and Nanjo the culprits. Due to her bad treatment she could've easily gone mad enough to kill the first 5 (Shannon probably saw her, and Natsuhi killed her in a different sense to avoid suspicion, and a witness.)

Nanjo comes in towards the master key that he used for the shed to put the bodies in. During the second twilight (Eva, and Hideyoshi's death) they killed them out of Natsuhi's hatred towards them.

Now Kanons death kind of stumps me here due to us actually not seeing him die (A chest wound like that couldn't mortally wound him, unless by blood loss), and Nanjo's death soon afterword....By the time it hits Nanjo, etc. death I start to think of Beato's involvement with the killing.
Jul 28, 2009 3:05 AM

Jun 2009
Well, considering the nature of the series it's very possible NONE of them did it. In any case, Beatrice undoubtedly has a hand in it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2009 4:21 AM

Nov 2007
Fujikira said:
Now Kanons death kind of stumps me here due to us actually not seeing him die (A chest wound like that couldn't mortally wound him, unless by blood loss), and Nanjo's death soon afterword....By the time it hits Nanjo, etc. death I start to think of Beato's involvement with the killing.

I'm pretty sure that if the pointy staff punctured his lungs the wound would be mortal enough.

As the series goes on I'm getting more and more convinced that the murders couldn't have been done by a human culprit. In any case, not all of them could have been done by the same person. The theory that's easier to accept would probably be that the servants were all (or almost all) in cahoots: they have the keys to almost every room and provide an alibi for each other.
In the end... it's easier to say that Beatrice 'exists'.
Jul 28, 2009 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Battler smacking Maria's head, haha. The sakura tree song was a bit weird and then they found Maria... Well, guess she's in shock.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 28, 2009 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
AikoD said:
Fujikira said:

I'm pretty sure that if the pointy staff punctured his lungs the wound would be mortal enough.

As the series goes on I'm getting more and more convinced that the murders couldn't have been done by a human culprit. In any case, not all of them could have been done by the same person. The theory that's easier to accept would probably be that the servants were all (or almost all) in cahoots: they have the keys to almost every room and provide an alibi for each other.
In the end... it's easier to say that Beatrice 'exists'.

The wound was more near the literal tip top end of his rib cage. It was no where close to his lung.
Jul 28, 2009 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
SilentXenocide said:
GarLogan78 said:

What I am worried about is how long we have to wait for a second season with the answer arcs, because the answer arc games haven't even come out yet. =/
All the Answer arcs will be out by December next year, so it isn't that long of a wait.

Okay, thanks for the info :]
Jul 28, 2009 1:48 PM

Sep 2007
GarLogan78 said:

The wound was more near the literal tip top end of his rib cage. It was no where close to his lung.

Well, in the novel it says it punctures one of his lungs.... XD
Jul 28, 2009 2:11 PM
Mar 2008
Lol they just realized Maria was weird now. Should've smoked her just in case XD.
Jul 28, 2009 5:42 PM

Dec 2008
Usually I read everyone's posts before posting, but 10 pages? No thanks. Especially not for an anime I'm starting to not like more and more..

I don't understand why everyone is so crazed about this anime :(

I'm so annoyed by Maria - her character is so forced and just plain annoying.

I'll give it a few more episodes - if all I'm gonna get is some disgusting angles of crazy eyes of Maria. Ugh.

There better be some decent backstory behind all of this >:(!!

Some one please give me some good reason and incentive to continue to watch this..because the art isn't enough to make me stick to the series :(

As for anything I did like about the episode: Despite the cliche-ness, I did like the ending with the whole "dead people and maria singing" part (or as another person said - a blair witch project ending)
Jul 28, 2009 7:34 PM

Jun 2009
robbydesu said:
Usually I read everyone's posts before posting, but 10 pages? No thanks. Especially not for an anime I'm starting to not like more and more..

I'll give it a few more episodes - if all I'm gonna get is some disgusting angles of crazy eyes of Maria. Ugh.

Some one please give me some good reason and incentive to continue to watch this..because the art isn't enough to make me stick to the series :(

As for anything I did like about the episode: Despite the cliche-ness, I did like the ending with the whole "dead people and maria singing" part (or as another person said - a blair witch project ending)

Honestly this is a like it or leave it anime.
I has a traditional Higurashi mold.
So if it is not your thing, this is the direction it is going to keep heading...most likely

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 28, 2009 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
Not really. Umineko is a lot different than Higurashi. It's hard to explain why without spoilers so you'll just have to wait and see why.
Jul 29, 2009 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
Zedrane said:
GarLogan78 said:

Well, in the novel it says it punctures one of his lungs.... XD

Just another thing DEEN decides to leave out -_-'

*sigh* I really hope the arc based on Episode 4 won't have as much cuts as this arc has had. :/
Jul 29, 2009 3:58 AM

Dec 2008
Suzune-chan said:
robbydesu said:

Honestly this is a like it or leave it anime.
I has a traditional Higurashi mold.
So if it is not your thing, this is the direction it is going to keep heading...most likely
Ugh, I was really hoping it won't go the Higurashi route (I didn't watch it and never will - especially not when a friend showed me a tasteless violent scene from it)

:( Thanks for confirming my worries..I guess I'll just give it one or two more episodes. It's a pity to drop it though, I was really attracted by the art and character designs..

Man this really sucks - don't understand why people like these sorts of anime.
Jul 29, 2009 4:16 AM

Nov 2007
robbydesu said:
Ugh, I was really hoping it won't go the Higurashi route (I didn't watch it and never will - especially not when a friend showed me a tasteless violent scene from it)

:( Thanks for confirming my worries..I guess I'll just give it one or two more episodes. It's a pity to drop it though, I was really attracted by the art and character designs..

Man this really sucks - don't understand why people like these sorts of anime.
While not being very similar to each other, both Umineko and Higurashi have horror scenes but are more about the mystery than the horror.

As for the "tasteless violent scenes" in Higurashi, there's a lot more to them than there initially seems to be. I feel like you've misunderstood these 2 shows.

So, since there are certain things that you do like about Umineko, I'd recommend sticking with it until episode 8 and then dropping it if you feel it doesn't improve. It doesn't really begin to shine until then.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 29, 2009 4:42 AM

Dec 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
While not being very similar to each other, both Umineko and Higurashi have horror scenes but are more about the mystery than the horror.

As for the "tasteless violent scenes" in Higurashi, there's a lot more to them than there initially seems to be. I feel like you've misunderstood these 2 shows.

So, since there are certain things that you do like about Umineko, I'd recommend sticking with it until episode 8 and then dropping it if you feel it doesn't improve. It doesn't really begin to shine until then.
Hmm episode 8 huh? That's four more episodes...:(..Let's see if my patience is thick enough to withstand it...(that's literally one month!)

I don't really call them "horror scenes". I dunno, I just don't think the storyline itself is held together appropriately. I can't feel the sense of "oh what's going to happen next? I hope this character doesn't die". We were presented with 18 characters with no backstory except that fact that some of them are greedy bastards. Second episode we're presented with 1/3 of the characters dead - and I'm just left sitting there thinking, "oh.....that is so sad." I knew it was supposed to be sad, but I didn't feel it at all and I didn't really care much because there was nothing to care about. These characters are just so one dimensional. From how everything is built up, I frankly don't care if all of the characters die - except maybe Battler and blonde girl's mother.

There's like a lack of explanation of what's happening, I'm sure it gets explained later - but it better be a damn good and creative explanation to keep me waiting for so long.

If the murderer is Maria - then I need more than just some lame reason with her making a deal with Beatrice or something like that. If the murderer is Beatrice - then there better be more to that than meets the eye.

As for Higurashi and the whole "tasteless violent scene" comment - that comment is truly biased since I only saw a violent scene + a really terrible attempt at evil laughing/screaming/crying/etc. without watching the series therefore I knew nothing of the characters or any backstory of any sort (if there are any). But regardless of backstory, I didn't really find the flood of "crazy girl torturing and killing people with buckets of blood flying out everywhere" scenes particularly creatively meaningful or artistically meaningful..

So you're saying four episodes?....I'll give it three max :P
Jul 29, 2009 6:05 AM

Jun 2007
I dunno, I just don't think the storyline itself is held together appropriately.

The actual story hasn't begun yet. What you're seeing is basically the prologue of the series.

I knew it was supposed to be sad, but I didn't feel it at all and I didn't really care much because there was nothing to care about.

It's not really supposed to be sad. The only death that was sort of touching even in the visual novel was Shannon's.

These characters are just so one dimensional. From how everything is built up, I frankly don't care if all of the characters die - except maybe Battler and blonde girl's mother.

The characters are actually well-rounded but the anime skipped nearly all of the characterization. In the visual novel, the first 4 or so hours is nothing but getting to know the characters. The anime shot past that and beyond in 20 minutes. They probably just wanted to grab the viewer's attention quickly with the killings. The characterization will come later.

There's like a lack of explanation of what's happening, I'm sure it gets explained later - but it better be a damn good and creative explanation to keep me waiting for so long.

Umineko is a mystery/detective show. A large part of the fun is trying to figure out the answers yourself. The characters also go around making theories that can help you. If you're expecting everything to be explained immediately then you're watching the wrong type of show.

But regardless of backstory, I didn't really find the flood of "crazy girl torturing and killing people with buckets of blood flying out everywhere" scenes particularly creatively meaningful or artistically meaningful..

Higurashi actually has very little blood and gore. Especially compared to something like Elfen Lied. Higurashi is more psychological than physical.
Jul 29, 2009 6:50 AM
Jul 2009
I completely agree with MarthX.

Although anime and manga of both Higurashi and Umineko seems to focus too much upon its gore and madness, it is not the most crucial point the original author intended.
And while MarthX describes it as "mystery/detective show", I think it's something more. In my view, both these series are something like a guidebook to a certain psychological journey of the reader or watcher. Anyone can follow the outline by skimming the surface, but to fully appreciate it, one has to commit to the story and think by oneself, "what the hell does this all means?".
As for Higurashi, the original author Ryukishi07 clearly declares that the essence is neither the gore nor merely guessing the culprit, but to tackle with the whole story world by oneself.

So, if you want to simply watch and enjoy an anime, Umineko won't suit your liking.
And if you still think of giving it a try, two more episodes would show this strange nature and structure of Umineko (and Higurashi).
Jul 29, 2009 7:06 AM

Dec 2008
MarthX said:
The actual story hasn't begun yet. What you're seeing is basically the prologue of the series.
Hmm prologue or not it's still part of the story. I always thought that prologues are supposed to be interesting, you know, the purpose of the prologue is to hook in the audience.

It's not really supposed to be sad. The only death that was sort of touching even in the visual novel was Shannon's.
Reeaaally o_o? I would assume that a death of a person is supposed to be a sad thing generally in human nature. Specifically Shannon - yea as cute as she may be and as "touching" as the relationship that was between her and George is supposed to be....eeehh I didn't really feel that said. At most I feel pity, but it was very hard for me to feel empathetic towards George cuz I knew nothing about their relationship.

The characters are actually well-rounded but the anime skipped nearly all of the characterization. In the visual novel, the first 4 or so hours is nothing but getting to know the characters. The anime shot past that and beyond in 20 minutes. They probably just wanted to grab the viewer's attention quickly with the killings. The characterization will come later.
Yea usually characterization comes first, if not then atleast SOME substantial info will be good. I mean Battler's parents? I barely knew much about them. It's funny though, if the purpose of presenting the killings so early is to grab the audience's INTEREST and not attention - then it's not doing a very good job :(

Overall, it's too bad that there is actually more character background in the visual novel - but then again I shouldn't be surprised that Studio DEEN fails yet again at an adaptation (they sorta butchered 07-ghost T_T)..

Umineko is a mystery/detective show. A large part of the fun is trying to figure out the answers yourself. The characters also go around making theories that can help you. If you're expecting everything to be explained immediately then you're watching the wrong type of show.
Errrr yeaa....I'm quite aware of the fact that the genre is mystery - that's one of the two reasons why I picked up the series. When I say "explanation" I mean I want explanation behind the behaviour of characters. I mean come on, Maria is seriously annoying me. If her behaviour is not creatively explained to me, I'm gonna be pissed. I mean the only character right now that I'm somewhat satisfied with is the blonde's mother.

Higurashi actually has very little blood and gore. Especially compared to something like Elfen Lied. Higurashi is more psychological than physical.
Yeaa unless Higurashi has some thought provoking thing going on and not some crazy girl with issues she can't handle...I'm not going to call that psychological. Just because someone goes insane, doesn't mean it's psychological - hopefully I would know a good handful of what it is since I'm studying in that area. If you want something truly psychological hmmmm try...Ergo Proxy. That series blows my mind.
Jul 29, 2009 7:19 AM

Sep 2007
Robby, not even the VN readers know the solutions to the murders in any of the question arcs. The answer arcs aren't out yet. The murderer could be Beatrice, any of the 18, or frankly knowing Ryukishi07 it could be Ronald McDonald.
Jul 29, 2009 7:23 AM

Jun 2007
When I say "explanation" I mean I want explanation behind the behaviour of characters. I mean come on, Maria is seriously annoying me. If her behaviour is not creatively explained to me, I'm gonna be pissed. I mean the only character right now that I'm somewhat satisfied with is the blonde's mother.

Maria fantasies about witches and wants to be one. It's not unusual for a kid her age to have a wish like that. Witches use magic so naturally Maria studies all things magic so she can become a witch. Maria doesn't see studying witch craft as a negative thing, it's something she enjoys and brings her happiness. It's explained in episode 4 why Maria isn't concerned with people dying. The epitaph says everyone will be brought back and Maria fully trusts the witch and the epitaph. More about Maria will be explained later.

One thing to note: Maria doesn't have those distorted faces in the visual novel. In the visual novel, her creepy side is her being smug and condescending. "You don't even know what this? Don't you read the bible? Kihihihihi" She talks down to everyone as if they're the child that knows nothing.

Yeaa unless Higurashi has some thought provoking thing going on and not some crazy girl with issues she can't handle...I'm not going to call that psychological. Just because someone goes insane, doesn't mean it's psychological - hopefully I would know a good handful of what it is since I'm studying in that area. If you want something truly psychological hmmmm try...Ergo Proxy. That series blows my mind.

Higurashi is very thought provoking. Honestly, whatever scene you saw was one of the few like that in the entire series. There's maybe 6 scenes like that total. Judging Higurashi based off that one scene really skews your perception of the series.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.