Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]
Aug 30, 2022 7:29 PM

Aug 2021
Wow…. what an amazing ending to an absolutely masterful show. Such a complex, emotional, and heart felt story. One of the greatest anime I have ever had the pleasure of watching.
Sep 25, 2022 3:39 AM

Jul 2022
Since I didn't understand anything at first, when the girl from the other world and the robot were having their conversation and it turns out that the girl is Ushio and the robot is Tomoya, I cried, but I cried too much, since I didn't know what was happening, I thought I had finally completely passed away.
But once the episode ended, I saw the comments on the site where I watch the anime and they explained it very well. So I can say that it's a beautiful ending, although since I didn't understand it at first it made me dumb at first.

But I'm really happy with the outcome
Oct 28, 2022 11:06 PM

Oct 2021
I'm having an emotional internal breakdown after watching this episode,this anime is beyond masterpiece. Also Akio and sanae best character. 10/10
Nov 3, 2022 7:56 PM

Feb 2009
I understood nothing
Out of nowhere did the episode go back in time as if nothing bad had happened?
I confess that it was kind of anticlimactic, it disappointed me

Fuuko didn't help either.
Well, a pity, it lost points with me and now I would give it a 6.

Even reading some comments, I still don't understand the meaning of all this.

---------------------

Não entendi nada
Do nada o episódio voltou no tempo como se nada de ruim tivesse acontecido?
Confesso que foi meio anticlimático, isso me decepcionou

A Fuuko também não ajudou
Bem, uma pena, perdeu pontos comigo e agora daria uma nota 6.

Mesmo lendo alguns comentários, ainda não entendi o sentido de tudo isso.
SayaneNov 3, 2022 8:11 PM
Jan 28, 2023 11:47 PM

Nov 2020
Although this season's episodes keep getting me surprised. This one is extraordinary, like all of the plot twists happened very fast and it's quite hard to comprehend. The theory that Kotomi Ichinose devised is proven by Ushio being in the 'lonely world' and that every action has different outcomes. Still can't believe that Ushio died and got resurrected by going back in time (?)
Nagisa being alive again is great but it's much of a sudden, KyoAni should've made the last 2 episodes by giving how their life will be, not by just giving a few scenes in the same episode.

It's a bit sad that we didn't get much of Tomoyo, I wonder where is she now based on the OP and a glimpse of everyone's life.

This episode blew my mind, no not literally.
9/10 for making this episode difficult to understand, could've been 10 but nah.
Jan 31, 2023 7:42 PM
Feb 2021
I really don't know why any of that just happened. why can other world Ushio rezero shit
Feb 9, 2023 10:00 PM

May 2022
Seems kind of odd this is technically the ending, but they have 2 more episodes. Would have been better if they explained it as I did look up an explanation, which makes more sense in the VN. Overall though it was a unexpectedly happy ending. I think the show holds up very well compared to Haruhi due to having a more grounded and engaging story, which are timeless. The art is a bit jarring and probably aged this worst, though this is only something that standouts initially. Definitely a pioneer for its time that inspired many other writers. I will remember it fondly.
Feb 20, 2023 3:36 PM
Aug 2020
kotomi's parents discovered the fate of the world lmao, funny how that works. You can hate on clannad for whatever reason but you must admit that everything was calculated and planned out from the very beginning. 10/10 series.
Mar 2, 2023 10:59 PM
Apr 2022
JJ_jose said:
This show would've been infinitely better if it didn't undo the death, it felt a bit cheap and out of nowhere tbh. Yeah I get the robot and girl were foreshadowed in the beginning and whatever but they never said who they were actually meant to be until it actually happened. Still a very beautiful and sad anime, though the sadness part and rewatchability was kinda diminished toward the end there. Solid 8.5/10 nonetheless, visuals were very pretty and music was really good, only complaint was the ending
Pretty sure there was something mentioned about those glowing orbs and Tomoya has been unknowingly collecting them everytime he did a good deed and the last one he received when he finally made up with his father. Wasn't really touched on much during season 1 but it's pretty much been mentioned or shown all through season 2. If I remember correctly from that cat episode the glowing orb thing can grant you a wish?
Mar 18, 2023 9:05 AM
Mar 2023
bro pulled the steins gate
Mar 18, 2023 9:49 PM
Dec 2020
-I know Nagisa's revival can be explained but it would've been better if they had continued with only Tomoya raising Ushio
-Ngl the other world plot was kinda trash, was repetitive as hell even Nagisa's illness was streched out

All in all I enjoyed the show but the ending was a bit disappointing, still a 8/10
Jul 1, 2023 1:56 AM

Dec 2017
This show had many flaws but episodes 9 through 21 are absolutely genius. They took the 'happily ever after' ending of the average SoL and turned it upside down. Didn't like the ending though, too forced.

Zoopiez said:
Seems kind of odd this is technically the ending, but they have 2 more episodes. Would have been better if they explained it as I did look up an explanation, which makes more sense in the VN. Overall though it was a unexpectedly happy ending. I think the show holds up very well compared to Haruhi due to having a more grounded and engaging story, which are timeless. The art is a bit jarring and probably aged this worst, though this is only something that standouts initially. Definitely a pioneer for its time that inspired many other writers. I will remember it fondly.

I wonder how it would be like if we got an Haruhi 'After Story' with older Kyon... I don't think it would work though, as the story goes he'll forever be a freshman in the SOS Brigade...
Jul 7, 2023 5:00 PM

Jun 2021
WHAT........WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED????  Let's see if I understood.....the girl from the other world and the robot is a metaphor for ushio and tomoya and she knows his dimensional counterparts, so the girl was like "dreaming" everything from chapter 16 onwards and actually nagisa didn't died and tomoya had a happy family??? Or was Ushio able to go back in time or create an alternate timeline with those blue-white lights? man this is so confusing...
I liked the final but the confusion was stronger than my feelings about the final so i'm here, thinking of all of this weird things man wtf i'm still shocked -_-
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Sep 22, 2023 10:18 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to KY791
Fuck lol i must be blind.

Great episode though it does bother me they got another episode after this. Its a fairly nice "ending" to the series. Unification of all the lights to grant Tomoya a wish to save Nagisa :D. Also I loved the montage of ushio growing up and the progress of all the former main characters and sub-characters.

I have to say that this episode had like 0 realism winding back time to save Nagisa, but I still loved it nonetheless. (I mean it's even less believable than the ending of Kanon 2006 lol).

A rating for the season: 8.5/10. The second half of the season saved me from dropping it all together since the plot was sorta sluggish. But I say it was well worth it to watch it all

9/10 for the entire series. Good but I thought Kanon 2006 was better
@KY791 I'm replying to this 14 years too late LMAO, but it's kinda the point that the episode had "0 realism". Throughout the entire series you have characters who posses super-human strength and agility, not to mention Kotomi's parents' research, which is related to the constant side-story of the girl and the robot, ghost characters, and mysterious lights that appear out of nowhere. If anything, the alternate universe ending in this episode just gives a better explanation to all the previous things lol
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Oct 10, 2023 1:48 PM
Dec 2022
It was very wholesome end, after the sad events that happend in the episode before.
Although I must say it was also a bit confusing. Took me a few minutes to actually understand what happend xD
Spiele_maus - Vocaloid, Anime & Manga Otaku

Hatsune Miku is my life! <3

Nov 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Apr 2021
Beautiful episode was wonderful, I almost cried. Finally a happy episode, now Tomoya can be happy in his life.

I'll be curious about this final scene forever.
Dec 1, 2023 12:11 AM

Aug 2015
Episode 22 definitely saved my tearducts from further crying. It was truly tragic seeing Tomoya lose both his wife, and then his daughter a few years down the line. Seeing Ushio do her best to walk in the snow was heartbreaking.

When she said "Is it night already, it's getting dark" I thought to myself: Why I am here, just to suffer.
Dec 3, 2023 2:41 PM
Jan 2022
Greatest plot convenience of all time. No idea how she's alive, dont care how she's alive, i dont care if this makes the story "not make sense". Fuck you, its a good plot convenience and they all deserved it.
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
Nov 2020
I know this was based on a VN but just adapting one route of a VN and then doing a fakeout to the true ending is kind of absurd, it feels cheap if anything. Though there's a lot that this show gets right. I like it's themes about the importance of a family, the romance was actually pretty good and I don't mind some of the more fantastical aspects. Other than that I don't see why season 1 spent so much time focusing on other shenanigans that didn't seem to be important.
Apr 30, 5:37 PM

Nov 2020
Kinda bullshit but at least there was some setup and I can actually sleep at night without ruminating on it. In terms of a critical review, though, the masochist ending would have elevated it. episodes 16-21 felt like a psyop to make me bawl my eyes out. especially 17-21 since after cute moe’s death the sadness didn’t feel especially manipulative.
Bruh69XDApr 30, 5:44 PM
May 13, 11:41 PM
Dec 2022
Hmm, tôi chả biết nữa, có lẽ, như cách chúng ta vẫn sống, vẫn sống, ở đây, trong cái phút giây hiện tại này.
May 20, 8:57 AM
May 2022
my understanding is that the city gave life to Nagisa because of Akio's wish, and the life just got transfered when she gave birth to Ushio, but she cant stay at one place forever as she has the responsibility of the entire city
she wanted to be with Otonashi (her papa) as long as possible
she also hinted that it is possible to meet her, but it would take lots of those light orbs for that to happen, luckily our man has done lots of good deeds and had enough in his inventory :D
Its not 100% clearer but I think I have answers now,
edit: this also answers why he knows about that story, and how he was able to interact with the cat.. but cant put it in exact words
Pages (24) « First ... « 22 23 [24]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nightmare7 - Feb 5, 2009

352 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 5:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.