Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 27, 2021 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
Dang, that was really good! I'm happy I stuck with the show, the first episode with the glass like orgmen threw me off just a bit, but the route the show took after starting in the past brought me to a point where I actually think it was pretty cool. The action, camerawork, and story were excellently done; leaving one hell of a ride!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 19, 2021 9:37 AM

May 2020
Well, that quite a finale. I have mixed feelings about this finale and the show as a whole. The finale just wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be but I'd be lying if I said it didn't leave an impression.

As a whole, this show has its ups and downs but after a while it becomes mostly down. I didn't mind the Necrolyze when it was introduced but the series handled its execution pretty poorly. The characters were probably the high point of this series. 6/10.
Jun 17, 2021 12:37 PM

Jun 2019
My 84th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jul 12, 2021 4:31 AM

Feb 2020
it started out better than trigun anime version (more relevant character development of characters) and turned out worser than trigun towards the end (entire present part 8 episode or so turned not so good). but ending was decent, though it am not a big fan of ambiguous ending. it was pretty obvious what happened there, i am not sure why they needed a ambiguous ending there. artistic choice maybe....well, seeing mika go crazy at the end was funny.

anyways, other cons include
-fight scenes were bad (there was no action choreography...it was just villans trashing brandon untill he has flashback and then he somehow become powerful and defeat them)
- lot of age difference romance....normally i dont have a problem with such thing. But u know there is a guy named "big daddy" and he was character developed into suger daddy of main character's lover. ofcourse others are not better, but still....."big daddy". why would there come up with such name....sigh
-female character were not good especially mika. I know its a mafia story trying to add realism, but good doesn't really mean strong. Also mika's repeated dialogues were so irritating.

overall, its still better than 91 days (another mafia anime) both story and ending wise. it a 7/10 for me.

this was my last one out of Yasuhiro Nightow anime adaptation.
so Kekkai Sensen (both season)>Trigun: Badlands Rumble> Trigun anime version = gungrave
AdampkJul 12, 2021 4:39 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
This show turned to shit after the timeskip. All of the characterization that took place between the first and eighteenth episode flew out of the window after Brandon's death. Harry was a shell of his former self in those final 6 episodes, Brandon's undead version remained pretty much unexplored and the presence of Mika brought very little to the table.

It's tragic because I actually felt overwhelmed on multuple occasions during the show's first three episodes. I didn't care much for the sloppy introduction of necrolyze because the character arcs were handled excellently for the most, but once that stopped, the show became overruled by its weaknesses. What could've been a 9/10 became a 6/10 in less then 7 episodes.
Mar 10, 2022 4:46 AM

Jan 2016
Even though I can't forgive Harry killing Maria I am kinda glad that Bradon did not kill him in anger and they still confess their friendship.

But what I really really wished for is that Maria survived and her and Brandon might get a second chance. That would have been a perfect ending as imo Brandon really would deserve to be happy!!

But on the other hand if he can protect Mika and Harry from now on I guess he'll be happy too
in the game continuation he still protects her and this is what he wants the most

So as the anime ending is open imo he is not "dead" or maybe Mika reawakened him after she needs his help again

Is there anyone playing the new game or plans to buy it? I mean gungrave gore

I would be really happy if someone could tell me how the story is going further ^^
Apr 18, 2023 5:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What an incredible ending to be honest, Harry and Brandon's character development couldn't end better... absolutely loved the series overall
May 23, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2020
What a good way to finish this beautiful anime. Friendship and the family are all that matters most in this cruel world.

I was so upset for brandon with each kill he got. That must hurt after all the time he spent with them. He had no choice but kill them all even if they were his friends T_T
Aug 31, 2023 2:55 PM

Dec 2015
underatted show 8.5/10, my bro Brandon deserve better..

i should have watched this long time ago but decided to wait to play the games first, beat both gungrave games on ps2 months ago but after finished the anime, i realized that you can watch anime without play the game lol (do both if you can)

Sep 26, 2023 3:51 AM

Dec 2022
Harry practically spoke for me in this episode. Everything from calling out Big Daddy's hypocritical bullshit preaching, to his utter confusion at Brandon's bipolar behaviour was bang on the money. It's as if he suddenly developed into a nuanced, realistic character in the final two episodes. If he pointed out the flaws in Big Daddy's philosophy towards the Millennion earlier, then his coup and subsequent downfall would've been much more poignant, and perhaps even sympathetic.

Not sure if Grave survived or not. Mika's lines wouldn't make much sense if he died, and considering the gun Harry is using was out of ammo earlier and pointed at Grave's chest, he might live. Guess it's just an ambiguous ending. The video game has a sequel that continues (with Grave surviving) from what is essentially this same scene, for what it's worth.

This anime is fantastic. It had extensive characterisation and developments that grab your attention if you ever dare to think there haven't been any. It also nails how tragically pointless the environment of organised crime can be. Unfortunately, the retarded protagonist and redundant narrative time hopping does bring it down. The villains are oddly stereotypical once they properly turned into antagonists too, as if they all collectively went insane overnight. Harry eventually got some depth to him, but only in the last two episodes. I also can't take the writing seriously when it tries to insinuate that Big Daddy was some sort of messianic figure everyone loves, when he was just another scummy mob boss in the end.

Archean-ReturnSep 26, 2023 4:33 AM

Shaded Horizon

Feb 28, 5:37 AM

Nov 2021
This anime was quite the ride. I really loved the ed, especially the way it slapped during these last few episodes and got me in the feels.
Apr 3, 10:32 PM
May 2017
I feel bad for Mika and everyone else. Everyone's life was destroyed over power and using unreasonable method to protect each other. Also, people still failing to accept the fact that Mika is a 13 year old who acting exactly like she is suppose to be shows a child.

It seem these people never handled a child.
almightybismarckApr 3, 10:40 PM
Apr 7, 6:14 PM
Dec 2023
BRAVO!!!! AMAZING SHOW
Apr 25, 2:13 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell! What the hell people! What happened? Did they shoot each other, because I remember these guns are empty. Did they just perish on their own and die while hugging each other? Shouldn't Brandon's body disappear after he dies? What the hell!

Also, one proof Harry was a scumbag. After all of this, Brandon said he still wasn't able to shoot him.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 25, 2:57 PM
Dec 2014
Es algo lenta al principio, necesitan poner atención para captar los pequeños detalles, si te atrapa es un viaje emocional muy bueno, que a mi parecer, le sobran elementos de fantasía, con la historia humana bastaba.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 15 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Sep 10, 2009

28 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Jun 5, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2013

23 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Jun 3, 11:57 AM

» Gungrave Final

Romeo - May 2, 2008

41 by Beguni »»
May 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cantius - Apr 18, 2009

75 by AzafuseKingTora »»
May 10, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 13 Discussion

Tzuno - Jun 30, 2009

39 by AzafuseKingTora »»
May 10, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.