Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2008 12:01 AM

May 2008
That was a powerful episode in many ways; well done. I especially like the bit about Yusuke, his past was more interesting than I thought it would be. Poor guy :(
Dec 26, 2008 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
i cry..
Dec 27, 2008 11:56 AM

Oct 2008
I just realized.. After visiting here.. The last episode is not 13, but rather that this is actually a 24-episode anime.
Dec 28, 2008 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
wow... the greatest ep i've ever seen. and the very unexpected ending. they're about... 17? 18 years old? wedding... well, some people are connected with fate and i'm sure - they're the one of them ^^'
Dec 28, 2008 2:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
jotka said:
wow... the greatest ep i've ever seen. and the very unexpected ending. they're about... 17? 18 years old?

More like 18 or 19, maybe even close to 20 as some time passed since Tomoya graduated from High School. Nagisa would have graduated too if she didn't have to repeat the year for the second time now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2008 6:43 PM

Sep 2008
like always it ws a good episode
the declaration out of the ble was incredible
i wonder when will they move on in their relationship
they havent even kissed themselfs
go to hell tomoyas father
....he hasto be gentle with nagisa jeje
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 30, 2008 3:06 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode ! BUT I WANT A KISS !
Dec 30, 2008 5:09 PM

Apr 2007
This is so sad .. I don't want it to fall to pieces!
The moment she said "I will be with you forever" it was crystal-clear, she will die :(

Dec 30, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2007
Flyleaf said:
Amazing episode. The music is SO powerful in Clannad, and with the support of the actual script, it makes a really good anime ... well, it's Clannad, what do you expect?

I cried 80% of this episode, everything was so sad, and I could relate to EVERYTHING.

I particularly cried the most when Tomoya asked Nagisa to marry him and he said that he was pathetic (pointing out the flaws in himself).

*sigh* 10/10 most definitely!

xXxollinxXx said:
looks like its gonna play out like clannad ( movie)

Um, it may look like it, but it might not play out like the movie. You're assuming things WAY too soon.

Agree with you a 100 percent :)

I also cried at that point :')

It just proves Clannad is just the BEST anime there is!
Dec 30, 2008 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
M_A said:
Great episode, Tomoya just asked her to marry him on a whim because his feelings were all messed up at the time, so i don't find the timing of the proposal to be too strange.

I agree.

Also, I think this is one of my all time favorite episodes... they did a really good job of showing Tomoya's feelings. The part where he punches the wall and Nagisa tries to stop him was heartbreaking. I feel really satisfied after watching this episode... it seemed very real to me.
restivesilenceDec 30, 2008 5:51 PM

Dec 31, 2008 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
I really like these two images ^_^ They go into my hall of favorite screencaps :O
Jan 3, 2009 12:06 PM

Mar 2008
Does anyone know the schedule for Clannad AS. Is episode 13 being aired next week or did it already aired this past thursday?
Jan 3, 2009 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
It was supposed to be a two-weeks break, so next thursday episode 13 should air.
Jan 3, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2007
Darn. I came expecting to have two episodes to watch...
Jan 4, 2009 1:40 PM

May 2008
One of the best episodes yet without a doubt. Great from so many aspects, can't wait until 13 airs D:
Jan 4, 2009 4:21 PM

Jul 2008
Tohdman said:
Darn. I came expecting to have two episodes to watch...

same exact thought here :[
Jan 13, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
I just don't understand. How is this good? I mean how? The story makes no sense whatsoever. Their so-called "relationship" makes no sense. How is it that they've been dating for what? Like a year now? And yet, they've never kissed? They just barely started holding hands without blushing like 13-year-olds.

What this anime is trying to make the viewer believe is that this is a bond of love - some kind of relationship that transcends intimacy, but it's unrealistic on every level. Two people of their age with the kind of freedom of expression and emotional range that they do don't act like this!!! And it's frustrating because it's just rediculously stupid!

I mean look at his egregious marriage proposal. He's so in love with Nagisa that he's crying and wants her to be by his side forever and leave the city with him and marry him. In that moment, he should have WANTED to kiss her more than any other moment in his life, even if they were intimate to the level of regular kissing... and he STILL doesn't kiss her??? In that single epic moment of his life when he proposes to his girlfriend???

This doesn't fly. It's stupid. Outright and utter failure. This makes no sense and its impossible to connect with these characters because we all know none of us would be in a relationship like this, whether you deny it or not. Unless bound by extreme family or religious ethic that disallows it, which Nagisa and Tomoya aren't, you would not be in a loving relationship with a non-arranged fiance who you've been dating for at least a year, but you haven't even kissed, let alone shown some level of intimacy on a regular basis. And this is all away from the fact that the second season of this anime is going absolutely nowhere. The first season of Clannad was not solely slice of life, like this is. It was romance, but it has descended into something so boring to the point of assumed malcontent on the part of the story-tellers.

This anime is FAIL.
mcjazzman32Jan 13, 2009 9:50 PM
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 15, 2009 5:18 AM

Jul 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
I just don't understand. How is this good? I mean how? The story makes no sense whatsoever. Their so-called "relationship" makes no sense. How is it that they've been dating for what? Like a year now? And yet, they've never kissed? They just barely started holding hands without blushing like 13-year-olds.

What this anime is trying to make the viewer believe is that this is a bond of love - some kind of relationship that transcends intimacy, but it's unrealistic on every level. Two people of their age with the kind of freedom of expression and emotional range that they do don't act like this!!! And it's frustrating because it's just rediculously stupid!

I mean look at his egregious marriage proposal. He's so in love with Nagisa that he's crying and wants her to be by his side forever and leave the city with him and marry him. In that moment, he should have WANTED to kiss her more than any other moment in his life, even if they were intimate to the level of regular kissing... and he STILL doesn't kiss her??? In that single epic moment of his life when he proposes to his girlfriend???

This doesn't fly. It's stupid. Outright and utter failure. This makes no sense and its impossible to connect with these characters because we all know none of us would be in a relationship like this, whether you deny it or not. Unless bound by extreme family or religious ethic that disallows it, which Nagisa and Tomoya aren't, you would not be in a loving relationship with a non-arranged fiance who you've been dating for at least a year, but you haven't even kissed, let alone shown some level of intimacy on a regular basis. And this is all away from the fact that the second season of this anime is going absolutely nowhere. The first season of Clannad was not solely slice of life, like this is. It was romance, but it has descended into something so boring to the point of assumed malcontent on the part of the story-tellers.

This anime is FAIL.

If you've known Japanese people you wouldnt say it. Holding hands, kissing these kind of stuff are not SO unique for them. They consider about it and treasures. They even don't use "ai" so much.
Jan 18, 2009 11:19 PM

Oct 2007
I REFUSE! to let the second season tear me up like the first did! 19 years old sitting in the middle of my bed holding a pillow and balling. It's so ridiculous! Alas I'm fighting a loosing battle. =/

Damn you Key!!!

That being said super powerful episode. Loved it. The build up with the daily life episodes before this one made this one feel that much more personal. I'm sure it will only get better with time.
Jan 21, 2009 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
Powerful.

The ending had me in tears and I'm finally getting some respect for Nagisa.
Excellent episode.
Jan 21, 2009 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

This anime is FAIL.

I do see your point; however, Japanese traditions do have a slight difference to westerners in terms of showing affections of each other in a relationship;

But after all, you could possibly enjoy it maybe just regarding it as a "fantasy tale" ; that's what animation is. it's a written story, not a true depiction.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 1, 2009 10:58 PM
Mar 2008
Loved this episode. Yoshino's part was great and also the unexpected end. Never was a Nagisa fan from the beginning but she really started growing on me since episode 9.
May 7, 2009 5:28 AM
Apr 2009
I thought it was kind of funny when that couple passed by as Tomoya ans Nagisa were on the floor.

For a second, when he had his fists clenched, I thought he was going to hit her.
May 8, 2009 9:02 AM

Feb 2009
Very intense episode i LOVED it!!
still weirded out about htem not kissing lol.
May 10, 2009 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
Well, I dunno. I think that embracing can be much more emotional than a kiss. The way he hugged her spoke a great deal of his feelings in my opinion. I personally enjoy hugs more than kisses as well. There's just something so comforting about holding onto the person you love and having them embrace you back. You feel safe, secure, and close. I have no problem that they haven't kissed because the hugs do a perfectly good job of expressing their love.
May 10, 2009 11:03 PM

Mar 2009
nice episode.
key really makes the best anime.
Jun 17, 2009 7:02 PM

Jun 2009
Damn i should not have watched Clannad the movie... a friend told me its after season 1 then before season 2.. now everytime i watch the episode i know now whats gonna happen. Even its a happy episode lols. Can anyone state me the sequence of Clannads
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 18, 2009 6:48 PM
Apr 2009
I must admit I didn't really like the beginning of After Story. But the quality of the show is really improving.
This episode was really good.
Jul 15, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2008
Well they finally embraced each other. Powerful moment at the end.
Jul 15, 2009 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
Sweet moment. I would have to agree this was one of the key romantic moments I was waiting for which was very powerful, besides Tomoya's confession to Nagisa at season 1 episode 22 at the end.
Fear the finger of death
Aug 16, 2009 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode!
Sep 7, 2009 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Dramatic, Brilliant, Realistic. What else would you want? Everything was perfect!
Zooomg, I'm so loving this.
Sep 13, 2009 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
I liked Yoshino's backstory. It was thoughtful and actually a good piece of growing up advice.

It's funny that Nagisa points out that Tomoyo has changed...

It's a little aggravating on how "quickly" he did... Practiacally overnight...

He should have progressively changed.

Overall, this series is now going in the right direction. But it's not enough to make up for the rest of the blunders.
Oct 9, 2009 4:11 PM
Jun 2008
I liked this episode, but I couldn't get what crime Yoshino commited... Maybe I'm just too tired?

Also, Tomoya's question was so out of blue...
Oct 29, 2009 10:49 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was amazing! I just had to say that.
Oct 30, 2009 2:05 AM
Jul 2008
AkariChan said:

I do see your point; however, Japanese traditions do have a slight difference to westerners in terms of showing affections of each other in a relationship;

about that... why would he be rejected just because his dad's a druggy? im pretty sure if they did that here there would BE no repairmen...

MistressMorbid said:
Well, I dunno. I think that embracing can be much more emotional than a kiss. The way he hugged her spoke a great deal of his feelings in my opinion. I personally enjoy hugs more than kisses as well. There's just something so comforting about holding onto the person you love and having them embrace you back. You feel safe, secure, and close. I have no problem that they haven't kissed because the hugs do a perfectly good job of expressing their love.

about this... i think to SOME degree, and baring whether or not a Nagisa-type person actually exists...
i think its fairly realistic, but still Tom worrys me wif his shyness, reminds me of nozomu eien a bit but with less wanting to knock someone out...maby its the music haha
neway, i mostly agree with above posts EXCEPT about the quality of the episode, i dont think this season's reached the level the first was on by the time it finished,, but since the 1st was a such a perfect story arc, with the windown after the climax, i reaken the hill back up to climax WAS pretty steep and somehow theyve managed to get back up there despite 'filler'
now i spose is to wait to see what hapens around ep 19-22, (prolly gona be another late climax like the 1st i bet)
Nov 12, 2009 7:34 PM

Sep 2008
The constant melancholy that this series has begun swirling into is making it harder for me to enjoy this series like I used to. The lighting is ugly and melancholic now, the plot is slow and boring, and Tomoya is becoming less and less cool as he becomes more of a lame adult. No more comedy, no more friends.

This series better fix itself up in an epic way cause as it stands, After Story isn't anywhere near as good as the original Clannad was.
Feb 7, 2010 7:50 PM
Jul 2009
Ouch! That's gotta hurt, Tomoya-kun. :P
Mar 2, 2010 4:24 PM

May 2009
This is getting so good! Grr and this idiot friend of mine still doesn't want to finish Clannad what the hell is he thinking?
Apr 7, 2010 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
It's the little things that makes Tomoya like Nagisa. To stop him from hurting himself…T_T I cried a little, I have to admit. I guess that's how you truly know when you want to be some someone forever.
Apr 12, 2010 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
Ending caught me by surprise. :|
Not really sure what to say.
Apr 18, 2010 12:44 PM

Jan 2010
wow many things happened this episode O.o

we find about Yoshino's past(wich seriously i almost forgot)...poor guy,but he managed to find happiness in the end so it's better this way :-)

and Tomoya's pop got into trouble...meh

i knew Tomoya wouldn't hit Nagisa because i remember this scene well,but it still was annoing to see Tomoya acting like that :(...well i am short of temper also,so i understand him :(

but at least he proposed to her :-),it was quite a bad moment for it tho...but still cool :-)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 18, 2010 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
clannad4ever said:
wow many things happened this episode O.o

we find about Yoshino's past(wich seriously i almost forgot)...poor guy,but he managed to find happiness in the end so it's better this way :-)

and Tomoya's pop got into trouble...meh

i knew Tomoya wouldn't hit Nagisa because i remember this scene well,but it still was annoing to see Tomoya acting like that :(...well i am short of temper also,so i understand him :(

Actually, for some reason Tomoya's proposal to Nagisa is probably one of my favorite scenes from the show.
but at least he proposed to her :-),it was quite a bad moment for it tho...but still cool :-)

5/5

Actually this is one of my favorite scenes from the show.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 25, 2010 1:07 PM

Feb 2010
Finally an Awesome Episode. And some Background 'bout Yoshino. But seriously, Tomoya's Dad will destroy his life.
Apr 28, 2010 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
why is everyone so annoyed that they havent kissed? Just because it is more practical for westerners to show their affection that way doesn't mean everywhere in the world has to as well... I mean look at My sassy girl (original, not the butcher of an American remake)... they did not kiss once in the whole movie, but did it take away the effect of how much love the 2 main characters had? no. Plus it is considered to be one of the best movies in the present in Korea.

/end rant

That being said, this episode was beautiful. The title referred to one incident, but I saw at least 3 unexpected ones.
May 5, 2010 6:04 PM
Nov 2009
What a strange way to turn the mood around. Going from getting an awkward job choice, to losing it due to his father's mistakes, to getting really pissed at the police station, to punching a wall, to popping the question. I'm very confused with Tomoya's father.? But I'm glad that Tomoyo and Nagisa can feel so connected after a situation at the police station.
Jul 11, 2010 10:12 AM
Jul 2008
Getting married.... kinda weird if you consider that the farthest they got is holding hands.....
Jul 20, 2010 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
"Let's get married" was so random.
Aug 5, 2010 11:11 AM

Feb 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
"Let's get married" was so random.

Agree.. kinda. I know why he did and everything, but I feel that their relationship should progress more before marriage happens. But we shall see...
Aug 11, 2010 11:35 PM
Feb 2008
Yoshino's backstory was awesome. Very sad and interesting.

The beef with Okazaki's dad was unexpected. I thought they were gonna say he died. But the drama was nice. His anger felt realistic and his random ass proposal is definitely a reaction from it but still fit within the scope of the story.

Much better than that last episode.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.