Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
Given they have barely reached Kuriltai after 1-cour, I can see why fans of the LN said it needs at least four cours to tell the whole story because they have animated just 1 volume out of the whole 5 volumes (not counting the spinoffs) !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 30, 2013 4:50 AM
Dec 2010
Well, we can only hope there will be sequel, since that ending wasn't an ending at all. I had hoped they wrap this up a bit more, instead we got this unpleasant feeling there should be next episode - except there won't be.

Depending on popularity maybe there will be continuation, who knows, however looking at twin series - spice and wolf, which also should be animated further I'm not an optimist on the matter...
Mar 30, 2013 5:32 AM
Jan 2013
I particularly liked this anime. It was something new to the anime genre and it was very comedic throughout the whole anime with some heartwarming moments. Although there are too much political and economic talk within the anime, it was still refreshing to hear some intelligent talk within the forever orthodox anime world.

8/10
Mar 30, 2013 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
joshlul said:
what is with that ending
i can't even call that an ending
what the fuck

Words said of a person who knows what they are talking about...

What the fuck was that. I loved the art of this anime... That's about it. I wish I could say more because I really, really, really wanted to like this show. The fact that they sped through every episode in full fuckin' force ruined it.
This story was all over the place. The characters were all over the place. The romance which I thought was going to be there wasn't. Just wtf. I have to lower my score and I never do this...
/rant
Mar 30, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2011
It was really interesting at first and then I just kind of got bored because it was literally the same thing again and again. The only other thing that stuck out was the 'I am Human' speech by the Maid. It was alright, but I was literally checking the time every five minutes.

6/10 because I was letdown by this anime. I really did enjoy it at first though. :/ Plus the horrible ending and the horribly written romance.
Mar 30, 2013 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
The way it ended makes me think it may have a S2 and go past the manga's end. Which is set to have a "aftermath" chapter in a couple of months I think.
Mar 30, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty open ending to this. Maybe a second season?

Overall an enjoyable but not overly special series. It had it's moments. 7/10.

Mar 30, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2007
I loved this show, but the last episode was kind of a let down. The demon king possession thing got fixed way to easy and everything else kind of fell flat
Mar 30, 2013 7:16 AM

May 2010
after watching this .I am in love with MAGE!..3 personalities are awesome.

It was a nice series..Not the best but still good..8/10
Mar 30, 2013 7:26 AM

Jan 2012
This could have been better and a little less confusing.
Mar 30, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2011
So it ended with them having the solution... but just not implemented yet.
It was quite a decent series. 7/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
Even though I really liked this show it still feels like I read every second-third page of a book. And stopped at the end of chapter one.
Mar 30, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2010
Thats the ending? i knew it i feel that they add more questions in the last episode so i was thinking how it will end but it wasnt a good ending couldve been better to make it 13 episodes
Mar 30, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2011
The end gave me the feeling that there will be a second season.
Mar 30, 2013 8:51 AM
May 2009
Wordsmith said:
I liked this anime, though I think it was way too short. Would have been better as two-cour anime.

Yeah this show definitely needed more breathing room. They skipped completely over the Hero's time in the Demon Realm, the Mage really should've gotten more attention since her character(or characters ;) had tons of potential but none of it was explored, and we still don't know how the upcoming alliance of Bad Demons & Bad Church will turn out.

So much was skimmed over, it's a real shame. I nearly gave this show a Ten but then I realized that there wasn't enough space for it to do what it needs to do. I'm hoping that they'll come out with a Sequel series or OVA that explores what the Hero did in Demon realm, the Mage, and this final conflict. It would make this series into the Perfection it deserves if they did that.
Mar 30, 2013 9:18 AM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed this anime quite a bit but i feel the adaption team rushed the series which is a real shame because as others have said it had a lot of potential. The series needed more character development overall and especially between the demon king and hero as their relationship is hardly enough to glue the series together.

From what I've heard it would take 60 episodes to adapt the whole series but even with that it would be butchered and really pushing it, so as i said around episode 4 or 5 this definitively needed a 2 cour adaption as a first season but we'll just have to see how they take it from here.

7/10 overall but a thoroughly enjoyable series that i hope sells well.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 30, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
6/10 because I was letdown by this anime. I really did enjoy it at first though. :/ Plus the horrible ending and the horribly written romance.

Shitty ending and shitty romance. Corrected. For people who are hoping that it sells well and gets second season, sorry, I sure don't see it coming true.
Mar 30, 2013 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
I expected to see over the mountain in the final episode, but instead was given a lead into an unconfirmed second season. The romance was forced and the pacing was just silly. This series got a 6 from me, in that it was just above average but it definitely wasn't anything particularly memorable. Just what you'd expect from a winter anime.
Mar 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2010
Lackluster ending... Things just didn't conclude very well... But enjoyed the series..... Need a second season....

Final ep. - 3/5

Series - 7/10
Mar 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Feb 2009
And Yuusha and Mao didn't even kiss yet. *sigh*
Mar 30, 2013 10:17 AM
Sep 2012
Yeah this episode didn't feel like an ending to me.
Mar 30, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
Overrated. 7/10 from me and thats even too high somewhat. Whatever, next.
Mar 30, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2012
twonline said:
Lackluster ending... Things just didn't conclude very well... But enjoyed the series..... Need a second season....

Final ep. - 3/5

Series - 7/10

Agreed. They should have aimed at 24 episodes instead of this few. They could have expanded on A LOT of things to make the general story better.
Mar 30, 2013 11:09 AM
Feb 2012
It seems people are underestimating this show. Maoyuu has a lot of potential and given the chance, a second season could make use of it. Since the first one concentrated on world building and the overall situations of the two worlds, the sequel could opt to find, or at least work towards, a permanent ceasefire and a world in which demons and humans live together. I, for one, enjoyed this show and am fairly positive that we'll see a season two. 7/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 30, 2013 11:44 AM

Jun 2009
I really do like the series.

The importance of education.
The development of liberalism.
The social structure and control.
The foundation of cities and wealth.
The meaninglessness of war.

Not quite what I expected when I first come in, but in return, I get something much better.

Despite the very limited funding on animation, it manage to tell a good enough story.

7/10
AirStylesMar 30, 2013 11:48 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
LOL at this scene at ending credit

Boobs, chicken and wine. What more could you honestly want?
Mar 30, 2013 1:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is clearly just the first part of the series. They cannot leave it there. They've set up the world, the characters and the conditions. They can really do a much better second part if they focus on the story and leave most of the thematic stuff aside. I hope they make it hapen.

LOL'ed at the plasma annihilator moment.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 30, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing much happened, but it's probably the first part of the series. Hopefully there will be more as there's much left to be done.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Really hope there's another season this ending didn't really feel like an ending.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 30, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
Open Ending!!!

There are still many things to conclude and so many things to be solved and discussed so I'm hoping for a second season.

Art: 9/10
Story: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 8/10
Overall Rating: 8

Overall the series was decent enough to be entertaining but some scenes were very open to the point where it didn't make much sense. We also need more character development with some like the Onna Mahoutsukai and some others. The MOST thing I was constantly thinking of was that I thought I was watching a sequel or something (felt like a second season instead of a first) as the characters seemed as if the audience had some foreknowledge about them. Initially I researched thinking that I accidentally started a second season to something but instead found out that this was the first season which felt a bit strange as I was watching this series.

Nevertheless, the concept of the story especially the economics really interested me and felt like I was watching Spice & Wolf with the similar styles.

Looking forward to the Second Season if it does get produced as so many things are not finished and the story wouldn't make sense if it finishes at this point so hoping for a potential sequel!!

Episode Rating: 4/5
ShiroiKishi-Mar 30, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 30, 2013 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
This show surprised me, ended up liking it more than I thought I would. Hope it gets a second season
Mar 30, 2013 2:27 PM
Jul 2009
This felt a lot like a second-to-last episode rather than a final episode.

Best part of the episode was either the Hero being "flashy" or nameless Soldier being a badass.

Liked the show overall, wasn't anything super special, but I liked it the whole way through, so it gets a 7.
Mar 30, 2013 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
LOL at this scene at ending credit

B

Best part of the last episode! haha
Mar 30, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
An interesting show with interesting concept but too bad it didn't pass that point. From the character to plot, every should have been done openly with all the detail being put out yet all we got was "Our hero is overpower and our demon king is smartass"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 30, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
Huh, this just seemed like a bunch of thrown together random scenes.
Not enough focus on the main duo. Don't care for the setting or economy.
6/10
Mar 30, 2013 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
Clearly a lot of people should watch this anime again, because they seem they didn't understand it.
Well, not a surprise, it was a very dialogue driven story, though.

Somewhat of a good surprise for me this season. Didn't start watching it when it aired and the criticism about it after the first episodes were actually just around the Demon King's "useless meat".
But behind that unsubstantial criticism I actually discovered an interesting plot.
Just a bit too rushed. Still some nice concepts were portrayed and explained very well.
Mar 30, 2013 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
It was an okay anime but it could have been better.
7/10
Mar 30, 2013 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was fine overall for me

7/10

Damn, the Hero annihilating that mountain XD
Mar 30, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
5/10 but I'll give it a 6 if they come out with a second season that concludes things. The show is kinda slow, which makes it kinda boring, and the characters aren't really deep. I really do like the concept and plot though, so I'm hoping there's a second season.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 30, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
what was the deal with the black powder guns? i was sure they were going to be fired and the crimson scholer was going to get assasinated publicly JFK style in front of everyone when she was giving that speech

^ Why isn't this updating...
Mar 30, 2013 8:15 PM

Dec 2012
Show was painfully boring at times. Overall, felt like a average show to me.

5/10
Mar 30, 2013 8:31 PM

Mar 2009
Another disappointing final episode. What's going on this season?
Disappointing show in general. A poor man's Spice and Wolf, I'd say. Yuusha and Maou spent most of the series separated from each other...for some stupid reason.

And a strange choice that this was adapted by Arms, known for Queen's Blade, ecchi anime, and even some hentai. There was very little fanservice in this show, despite Maou's assets. What a waste.
Mar 31, 2013 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
Despite receiving many positive reviews, I didn't really feel anything in this anime that made me look forward to the next episode. In fact, it wasn't a memorable anime for me at all.

I guess that anime set in this kind of medieval English setting and all the politics, economy and war that goes on in this manga is just not suited to my taste. I didn't think it was so boring that it was bad, but I definitely did not find it very interesting either. 5/10 for me
Mar 31, 2013 3:30 AM
Apr 2011
This anime is very good, and it's will be the best if they not make the pace so fast...
I want more war action, more Hero fighting action, etc...
I hope there will be Second Seasion....
i will rewatch the whole episode again....
oh, i give score 9/10
Mar 31, 2013 4:53 AM
Mar 2012
161 said:
Best moment

This was one of the most average shows ever made.

7/10

If it was average why are you giving it a 7?! 7 = good, 5 = average.

I honestly disliked this anime. It had great potential in the beginning. The story was interesting, but as it progressed it started getting all over the place and sometimes being hard to follow and keep and interest in. I guess you can call me stupid, but it felt like an extremly detailed documentary about WW1 or something alike. Just because I'm not paying attention, doesn't mean I lack brain but instead interest.

4/10 from me, sorry.
Dana_tigerMar 31, 2013 4:57 AM
Mar 31, 2013 6:01 AM

Feb 2005
Kept feeling like someone just flipped through a history book and piled every major medieval innovation neatly between the demon queen's boobs without any kind of explanation. Where the hell did she pull all this stuff from anyways? We're talking about compasses, vaccine theory and the printing press, all coming from one person in what seems to be a span of months. Honestly, it's like watching someone cheating on Civilizations and just churning out techs at an early age.

And the characters are not really fleshed out too much beside their stereotypes either. The political drama is still pretty fun though, even if it is presented a bit shallow and simple at times. It feels very much like it tries to do too much without much time to focus properly on anything. Frankly, whoever thought to give this a half season instead of a full 24-26 episodes really dun goofed.

A 6 for having a interesting premise and being entertaining I guess. Hopefully a followup season might improve it.
Dana_tiger said:
I guess you can call me stupid, but it felt like an extremly detailed documentary about WW1 or something alike
lolwut. You should look up history.
Mar 31, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2008
Dana_tiger said:
If it was average why are you giving it a 7?! 7 = good, 5 = average. I honestly disliked this anime. It had great potential in the beginning. The story was interesting, but as it progressed it started getting all over the place and sometimes being hard to follow and keep and interest in. I guess you can call me stupid, but it felt like an extremly detailed documentary about WW1 or something alike. Just because I'm not paying attention, doesn't mean I lack brain but instead interest.
4/10 from me, sorry.

How is this related to world war 1? MC-kun can teleport like level 10 esper, fly like superman and pulverize a mountain. My score is 3/10.
Mar 31, 2013 7:08 AM

Jan 2011
This had a lot of potential, but it was horribly rushed. If they had taken their time this would've been way better, but instead we got to see a rushed 1-cour long show. This was definitely a tad better than average imo since the story is definitely great. 6/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 31, 2013 7:23 AM

Jun 2012
I had really liked the show thus far but it didn't really feel like a final episode to me? I'm hoping that is because this was a setup episode for the second season but if it wasn't then I am quite disappointed with the extremely open ending.
Mar 31, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2011
I actually liked the series a lot. The conversation between Female Knight and Maou is too funny. The Maou regaining back her senses because she wants a touching reunion was a plus too.

The end shows that it has potential to have a second season.

Overall great show with good songs, the art quality actually fits the series IMO but the character design is just really bad. The manga had more better design and really captures the essence of who each character is.

9/10
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.