Forum Settings
Forums

[Anime] An anime that everyone likes yet you can't be bothered to watch?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 19, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2012
Tbh, I've been trying to get into some good anime lately, and I CAN'T START CLANNAD. I..just...can't. Its supposed to be one of the best (or so people say), but..

;u;

And Cowboy Bebopdon'tmurdermeplease.
When I actaully start the episode, and I get around halfwaythrought it, I love it, but when it's done, I feel like I have to force my self to start a new episode. Now,I'm only a few episodes in so idk if it's gonna change but....

Don't kill me
Feb 19, 2013 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
Chesuwafu said:
Tbh, I've been trying to get into some good anime lately, and I CAN'T START CLANNAD. I..just...can't. Its supposed to be one of the best (or so people say), but..

;u;

And Cowboy Bebopdon'tmurdermeplease.
When I actaully start the episode, and I get around halfwaythrought it, I love it, but when it's done, I feel like I have to force my self to start a new episode. Now,I'm only a few episodes in so idk if it's gonna change but....

Don't kill me

Clannad just ended up boring for me, thus out of any aisle of my list. People tend to drool over romances now matter how cliche or how annoying it is.

I guess it's because it's episodic? I kinda feel the same with Mushishi since there's not much of a head goal and when there's no main goal, you're just not on the edge of your seat. However when I start a new episode I just end up puking rainbows...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 19, 2013 9:52 PM
May 2012
Mihoko-chan said:
KazukiJurai said:
IceBlade01 said:
Everybody likes Rose of Versailles for some reason, but I just cant watch it. They're all saying its so good and all, but its just crappy cartoon in my opinion.

...what's Rose of Versailles? *scratches head*

Oh my...Historical shoujo anime with the typical disgusting shoujo art...Wouldn't watch it not even if someone would pay me for it.

ummm Rose of Versailles is not shoujo at all.. It is a historical drama. And the best 1 ever made. It was made in 78 so yea, it is aged. But that is hardly a reason to dislike a show. Everyone talking about it? Wrong. Very few people talk about it. A lot of people talk about Naruto or One Piece.
Feb 19, 2013 9:55 PM
May 2012
Madoka Magica and Evangelion. I watched both and I found them both to be pretentious and highly overrated. Madoka didn't offer anything that hadn't already been covered in a better title. NGE was just a typical end of the world nonsense that had inaccurate real world references. I get anno was crazy or whatever when he made the show, but that is no excuse for such a terrible story. I liked the ending and the animation though.
Feb 21, 2013 2:22 AM

Jan 2011
Fate/Zero..been postponing it for so long
Feb 21, 2013 5:59 PM
Feb 2013
Bakuman.
Trigun.
Akame Ga Kill.
Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica.
Medaka Box.
Princess Princess.
Feb 22, 2013 1:37 AM

Oct 2012
xFangero said:

You too?

Feb 22, 2013 3:24 AM

Oct 2012
Itermin8rX said:
xFangero said:

You too?

I watched it by I skipped to the last episode because it felt so boring and the ending was crap

Feb 23, 2013 7:56 PM

Feb 2013
evangelion. can't get myself to watch it. my friend keeps bugging me to watch it, but it looks boring.

Feb 24, 2013 7:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Itermin8rX said:
Chesuwafu said:

;u;

Don't kill me

Clannad just ended up boring for me, thus out of any aisle of my list. People tend to drool over romances now matter how cliche or how annoying it is.

I guess it's because it's episodic? I kinda feel the same with Mushishi since there's not much of a head goal and when there's no main goal, you're just not on the edge of your seat. However when I start a new episode I just end up puking rainbows...

I started watching Clannad, like three episodes, and I just can't seem to continue it. Right now it's on my on-hold list, but I don't know if I'll ever continue watching it...I know most people like Clannad because After Story was just so heartbreaking (I wouldn't know), but I can't even finish the prequel. I was dozing off in all three of the episodes I watched, and I just couldn't continue.

Also Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica. It's on ptw list, but meh. It might be on that list for quite awhile.

Oh yeah, how can I forget Code Geass? It's on my on-hold list as well...watched 4 episodes but I don't know, still hasn't clicked with me yet. I don't like Lelouch so far, and it's not like I anything against evil- people-who-want-justice-to-be-done type of characters either (I liked Light).
Feb 24, 2013 11:01 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
Itermin8rX said:
Chesuwafu said:

;u;

Don't kill me

I started watching Clannad, like three episodes, and I just can't seem to continue it. Right now it's on my on-hold list, but I don't know if I'll ever continue watching it...I know most people like Clannad because After Story was just so heartbreaking (I wouldn't know), but I can't even finish the prequel. I was dozing off in all three of the episodes I watched, and I just couldn't continue.

Also Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica. It's on ptw list, but meh. It might be on that list for quite awhile.

Oh yeah, how can I forget Code Geass? It's on my on-hold list as well...watched 4 episodes but I don't know, still hasn't clicked with me yet. I don't like Lelouch so far, and it's not like I anything against evil- people-who-want-justice-to-be-done type of characters either (I liked Light).

I liked LuLu, I just hated everyone else. usually sucky characters just... ruin anime for me...
Feb 25, 2013 4:00 PM
Feb 2013
Soul Eater
Angel Beats
Bleach
Feb 25, 2013 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
97BlueFlame said:
Soul Eater
Angel Beats
Bleach

soul eater got so boring. watched 20ish episodes and could never get motivated to get back to it.

Feb 25, 2013 7:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Itermin8rX said:
tingy said:

I liked LuLu, I just hated everyone else. usually sucky characters just... ruin anime for me...

Haha, yeah I know a lot of people like Lelouch. I don't know why I don't like him :/ I'll give him a chance when I continue it...one day.
Feb 25, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
Itermin8rX said:
tingy said:

Haha, yeah I know a lot of people like Lelouch. I don't know why I don't like him :/ I'll give him a chance when I continue it...one day.

I guess it's because he yaps too much, that's probably 1 quality i dislike about him. I guess most girls like him because of that shower episode.

....not that I liked him for that reason too. >_>
Feb 26, 2013 9:47 AM
Jan 2010
death note everyone recommends it but cant be bothered to watch it
Feb 26, 2013 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
joey989 said:

It is good but I understand if you don't see any interest in it.
Feb 26, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
joey989 said:

Yes it could be a litle boring if you dont get the story or dont like the style of anime, i actualy love it is my fav anime...

ON Topic: For me One Piece, i cant watch more than 5 eps of it xD
Feb 26, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
I mean to start Death Note too.. but I've been reading the manga. Is the manga better?

tbh, I can't really stand the art style of One Piece.

that may or may not contribute to my inability to start it.
Feb 26, 2013 9:24 PM

Aug 2011
sarimster said:
evangelion. can't get myself to watch it. my friend keeps bugging me to watch it, but it looks boring.

Evangelion is very good. But it is not for 46 completed.
Sorry for my bad English.
Feb 26, 2013 9:50 PM

Feb 2013
bxyhxyh said:
sarimster said:

Evangelion is very good. But it is not for 46 completed.

46 completed that i can remember from the past 5-6 years. why should amount completed matter anyways? if it's good it's good.

Feb 27, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2011
Sorry if I was being prude. Most of your completed anime was shounen and fantasy.
So I thought maybe it is not your genre. That post was just a sarcasm.
Still evangelion is very good to me.

Mine is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just saving for later.
bxyhxyhFeb 27, 2013 9:29 AM
Feb 27, 2013 1:38 PM

Feb 2013
bxyhxyh said:
Sorry if I was being prude. Most of your completed anime was shounen and fantasy.
So I thought maybe it is not your genre. That post was just a sarcasm.
Still evangelion is very good to me.

Mine is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just saving for later.

that's quite alright. what exactly is it about evangelion that makes it good if you don't mind me asking?

Feb 27, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2011
I like twisted anime. It has very good twists and plot.
Plot is more philosophical then mecha which is I like too. And it has good pace.

I bit disappointed after watching last 2 episodes (Many people disappointed I think). Still was good for me
Feb 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
interesting. i guess i might check it out and see if i like it.

Feb 28, 2013 7:31 PM

Dec 2012
One Piece, I just can't be bothered to watch a show that long, and the episodes I did watch didn't make the show out to be something I'd enjoy
Feb 28, 2013 8:34 PM

Feb 2009
These are a few

Puella Magi Mahou Shoujo Magika
Clannad
Rose of Versailles
Fruits Basket
Haruhi Suzumiya
Ef - a tale of memories
Highschool of the Dead
Steins; Gate
K-on
Mar 5, 2013 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
One Piece, I hear a lot abut it, but I dropped it after watching the first few eps. Can't bother myself with elastic-man anymore ~_~

Dragon Ball Z. I give up ! The sight of muscular, over-powered shorties is too much for a bishounen-lover like me.
Mar 6, 2013 12:49 PM
Feb 2013
Rinetto said:

Dragon Ball Z. I give up ! The sight of muscular, over-powered shorties is too much for a bishounen-lover like me.

Agreed. Very much so.
Mar 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2012
Zero_sama said:
These are a few

Puella Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
Clannad
Rose of Versailles
Fruits Basket
Haruhi Suzumiya
Ef - a tale of memories
Highschool of the Dead
Steins; Gate
K-on

Fixed, and I actually suggest you try to rewatch it. It gets REALLY good around episode... 4 I think? I can't remember.

Same goes for Steins;Gate, it gets pretty good around the episode 12 mark. The rest are meh.
Mar 15, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2012
Code Geass
Bleach
One Piece

I just don't want to. I can't. I wanted to try a time ago but... No. That's definitely a no.
Mar 16, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
Suzumiya Haruhi
Hitman Reborn
Bleach
+++
Mar 16, 2013 3:25 PM
Feb 2013
Mentalii said:
Code Geass

Try watching R2 first. *~*
Mar 18, 2013 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
Fate/Zero
Cause:
1.it was battle royale
2.ending was spoiled by Fate/Stay Night
3.Historic People of real time were used (it would have been better if they were named something else)
4.Dont remember any background stories except kiritsugu's
Mar 18, 2013 10:13 AM

Jun 2010
LoGH.

I know I'd definitely enjoy it, but the animation and the fact that it's 100+ episodes...
Mar 19, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2012
Luxanna said:
LoGH.

I know I'd definitely enjoy it, but the animation and the fact that it's 100+ episodes...

I'd say the same

>watches Katekyo hitman reborn which is 203 eps

i should shaddup ;w;
Mar 25, 2013 3:53 PM
Jul 2012
Haruhi Suzumiya,I always wanted to start watching it because it's a clasic and it makes a pretty good first impresion too, but...I just can't watch it....at least for now.
Mar 29, 2013 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Zero_sama said:
These are a few

Puella Magi Mahou Shoujo Magika
Clannad
Rose of Versailles
Fruits Basket
Haruhi Suzumiya
Ef - a tale of memories
Highschool of the Dead
Steins; Gate
K-on

Try watch Steins;Gate.
IMO:
Episode 1-11: character introduction and kind of a background story for the next arc. It's very very very boring (for me), but just try to watch it because..
Episode 12 (especially the ending): BOOM.
Episode 13-end: can't stop watching.

Besides Steins;Gate, my friend also recommended Clannad and Madoka Magica. But I guess I'll skip Clannad (not my liking) and try to watch Madoka Magica (later).
Mar 30, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
For me it's Madoka Magika, no doubt it's Madoka Magika.
I've had it recommended to me since it first began airing, but I only ever watched a single episode.
I'll probably watch it eventually though.

Others include:
Gurren Lagann
Haruhi Suzumiya
Clannad
Apr 1, 2013 10:39 AM
Jul 2012
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni A friend wants me to watch it. But after I've watch 10 episodes, it gets too repetive that i really want answers.
Apr 6, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
Gosh, I know I'm going to get killed for this, but:

Sword Art Online

I've watched the first 4 or so episodes of it, but... I cannot handle the plot holes and.. safdaf ;-;
Apr 10, 2013 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
Kirapi_101 said:
Gosh, I know I'm going to get killed for this, but:

Sword Art Online

I've watched the first 4 or so episodes of it, but... I cannot handle the plot holes and.. safdaf ;-;

Don't worry, I even haven't finished watching it yet. Already downloaded all the episodes, but I'm not even close to watch half of it.
Apr 22, 2013 8:15 PM
Apr 2013
GoldenBRS said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni A friend wants me to watch it. But after I've watch 10 episodes, it gets too repetive that i really want answers.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is the first half of the story, and is considered the mystery portion, you're left to ponder what is happening based on different viewpoints and different possibilities.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai is the second half of the story, which is the answers portion. They start explaining what is happening and work towards a resolution. This part is also a bit less psycho and more uplifting, and serves well to relieve the tension build up in the first half.

Anyway, I would recommend sticking with it .. but if you really can't wait, then all your answers are in Kai.
Apr 27, 2013 5:05 AM

Feb 2012
K On!

Dropped it after the three episode rule. I just don't understand all the hype for it. Admittedly slice-of-life is not my favorite genre to say the least but still there are much better ones out there.
Apr 27, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2012
One Piece-It's just tooooooo long
May 3, 2013 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I'm not cool enough to join such an elite club
May 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
Uh... let's see.... other than the obvious orange ninjas and the rubber arms kid...

I would say Death Note. I am considering watching it but I always fall back on my decision. either because it looks too long or because the plot itself doesn't captivate me that much.
May 8, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
One Piece - Boring and too long
Bleach - Same as One Piece
Jun 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Clannad, Sword Art Online, GTO, Monster, Ef, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, deadman wonderland, highschool of the dead ...
My list is so long.
Jun 13, 2013 11:34 AM
May 2013
A lot actually... Naruto, One piece, bleach... am I really going to list all of them? Also, I've never watched Pokemon. Don't laugh...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Underrated anime

TigerD - Apr 20, 2014

2 by Netori »»
Mar 17, 2016 1:51 PM

» [Anime] Annoying animes, and why are they irritating? ( 1 2 )

ShintakoInari - Dec 2, 2012

63 by HijikataMayora13 »»
Jun 2, 2015 10:57 AM

» [Anime] Underrated genres?

Figma - Oct 9, 2013

5 by BohemianRhapsody »»
Apr 21, 2015 7:01 AM

» [Anime&Manga] The bottom of the sea, aka the most underrated anime/manga titles!

ShintakoInari - Dec 9, 2012

43 by hahailham1 »»
Jan 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Member Cards!~

AnimeForDummies - Mar 3, 2013

26 by AznPandaOo »»
Jan 13, 2014 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.