Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 22, 2012 9:31 PM
Mar 2011
Well contrary to what some people say I thought the episode was pretty okay and the only thing I can really say I don't like it so far stems from personal preferences.

Explanation (If you want to know my personal preference reasoning that lead me to dislike the episode/show a bit):

I'm a hardcore Nintendo fangirl (Nintendo for the win!!) and a hardcore Legend of Zelda fangirl (Link I love you!!) and I don't really like that Nintendo is made to look like a bad guy and what did they do with Link T.T he's soo hot headed! I know it's supposed to be a parody but I don't think it's the least bit funny them tearing his bad ass character to shreds. Liiiiiiiiinnnnkkkkk!!! Whyyyyyyy???
Oct 23, 2012 8:10 AM

Mar 2010
i found it Ecchi and ther isn't any parody moment !!
so how can i change the Genre to Ecchi ?

Oct 23, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2012
What dafuq was this? Lol, this is not a successful parody. Aside from the similar names to the game companies and obvious Blue-Sonic and Yellow-Tails(who dies, lol), i could not recognize any characters. Mario and Link just looked too out there to even be connected to their originals anymore. Lots of wasted potential in my opinion.

On the upside, that Tetris guy gave me a good laugh. He is now my favorite. I will never look at Tetris the same way again.
VyudaliOct 24, 2012 10:22 AM
Oct 23, 2012 7:20 PM

May 2011
I am probably not going to get into this. While the comedy is pretty damn awesome and it appeals to my love for old school gaming, I just could not appreciate how this anime handled itself in the action shounen category.

Normally I don't even care if an anime is fast paced or not, but it stuck out incredibly bad in this episode and there was just little to take in and savor that it doesn't make up for its speed. I'll give it another chance if I hear that it's improving, but for now I'll just leave this anime alone.
Oct 24, 2012 4:52 AM

Jun 2012
What I was hoping to get: Gaming parody
What I got instead: Fanservice
FUCK THIS!
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Oct 24, 2012 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
Perverted humor + parody + randomness = totally worth the watch.
Oct 24, 2012 9:53 PM

May 2011
Pizuya said:
Isn't Opal a reference of Knuckles? It's like how Knuckles and Sonic first fought each other and then suddenly they are friends.

No, she's a reference of Opa Opa, a mascot used before being replaced by Sonic.
Oct 25, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
MusashiRose said:
Perverted humor + parody + randomness = totally worth the watch.

^ This. Im absolutely loving this! so funny and good.

Episode Naxcore: 5/5

Why couldnt this have been weekly? :(
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 27, 2012 12:06 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I'm a retro game fanatic and collector, but this was pretty mediocre. It felt crammed and moved along too quickly. I liked the references and the show was still decent, just not as good as it could have been, I suppose. Male lead is really enjoyable with his Sonic character. AND there was a Yoshi sighting...oh yeah!!
Oct 27, 2012 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
A friend recommended me to watch it.
I was like: WTF?! Sonic?!

Didn't like it, actually .-.
Oct 27, 2012 8:42 PM
Jul 2012
i dont get whats wrong with this anime. i think its pretty good
Oct 28, 2012 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
Which fan-sub group should I go with?
Oct 29, 2012 8:18 AM

Oct 2008
I liked the first episode. I wasn't expecting that much from it, to be honest, so it turned out okay for me.

The thing that bothers me though is the ecchi. I don't mind ecchi, but the ecchi used in this anime seems so forced, and at the most random times. I'm mostly referring to Ramsus' clothes suddenly going off when Gear shows his power.

Ah well. We'll see what this will become, but for now I give it a 4/5.
Oct 31, 2012 2:40 AM
Mar 2012
KirstenNintendo said:

The thing that bothers me though is the ecchi. I don't mind ecchi, but the ecchi used in this anime seems so forced, and at the most random times. I'm mostly referring to Ramsus' clothes suddenly going off when Gear shows his power.

That ecchi scenes in this episode actually doesn't exist in the manga, that's why it seems so forced. Gotta to blame Crimson putting unnecessary fan service.
Oct 31, 2012 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
-Opal "Blah blah blah I'm stronger than barbarian blah blah blah"
-Rock touches ground
-Headbutt
-Unconscious

Lol.

melina_putri said:
KirstenNintendo said:

That ecchi scenes in this episode actually doesn't exist in the manga, that's why it seems so forced. Gotta to blame Crimson putting unnecessary fan service.

Crimson simply can't not add ecchi to any of his work. Doesn't work that way.
Nov 1, 2012 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
This show is pretty interesting...

Nov 1, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2011
Finally. I never bothered reading Crimson's manga so I was interested in seeing what this was about. Entertaining episode. I found the video game references enjoyable and sometimes too silly. The end preview is great with how they incorporated the manga scenes in there.
Nov 4, 2012 11:15 AM

Jul 2008
Rito2Ru said:
Reading the previous posts, was every one watching this going in with low expectations or what?
I'll be honest, other than the fanservice and dirty jokes, the first ep was just downright bad.
It was like they crammed 4 episodes into 1 and said here you go.

Yeah you can disagree with me if you want, say that its a parody so don't go expecting a fantastic plot and characters, whatever. This show just doesn't appeal to me anymore as the synopsis made it out to be, it could've been done so much better even for a parody.

dame i was looking for same one hate these shit

whin i hear about these anime i was so happey
but look like it not that good
buy Why So Serious

these kind of shows
turn samething to human
(animels or countrys )
it the best as comedy and short

these anime so slow and dumb
the lots of unnecessary ecchi

and characters not that good to
mario and sonic was done right ( and titres )

but for a parody it so unclear if not for evryone saying it about sega and Nintendo i will never know

as parody it not that good (Hyperdimension Neptunia) did the same idea better
as stand alone ..... -__-;

these anime is one joke, who is that pokemon game
Nov 4, 2012 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
18 mins into the episode, quite boring.
I'm looking at how much I have left of it and going "ugh, I don't want to" :P

Nov 17, 2012 7:46 PM
Nov 2012
Do you guys know where can i find a translation for the manga?
Nov 21, 2012 4:46 PM

Sep 2008
I wondering where I knew the song from the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCBL33NKvPA

Matrix :Þ
Dec 28, 2012 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
wow all the reviews.. is it really that bad.. o.O?
Dec 28, 2012 2:50 AM

May 2010
I had feeling nel looked like nei although I hope she does not die:((
Jan 2, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder if it's just better to read the manga than watch the anime...I just finished this episode but I am not sure about this one.
Jan 15, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Rito2Ru said:
Reading the previous posts, was every one watching this going in with low expectations or what?
I'll be honest, other than the fanservice and dirty jokes, the first ep was just downright bad.
It was like they crammed 4 episodes into 1 and said here you go.

Yeah you can disagree with me if you want, say that its a parody so don't go expecting a fantastic plot and characters, whatever. This show just doesn't appeal to me anymore as the synopsis made it out to be, it could've been done so much better even for a parody.

I agree with you about the fact that it was like they crammed several episodes into one. If they had taken this a little more seriously(yes I know its a parody) it could have been pretty good even if it was a joke.

It wasn't terrible I was thinking it was between a 2 and 3 but since 2 is dislike (I didn't really dislike it) I put it as a three. I think I will watch more but I had hoped for better since I grew up watching sonic and others and I liked both Nintendo and Sega.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jan 27, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
well...have to say that this was ok first episode.

I have watch the rest of the series to say if this was good. Somewhat odd Serie tough.
Humor was Somewhat okay, but not the kind where I would laugh a lot.

Gear i ok main character and That Terijov, while Pervert his dirty jokes make me laugh for some reason. well have watch rest of this to say more
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 31, 2014 7:16 AM

Apr 2012
nice vibe too bad its only 3 eps
Feb 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
It didn't seem that bad to me just give it a chance.
Sep 16, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
that was quite enjoyable. I didn't expect much since the reviews are all negative about it.
Oct 3, 2015 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
In this episode I learned that I have to stick it in.
Sep 25, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 2019
Amazing it is anime most good
Oct 1, 2022 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty stupid start, but after the first 5 minutes or so it got somewhat ok.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

53 by Scratxhh »»
Apr 29, 12:43 AM

» How and why this anime got only three episodes instead of at least 24 is beyond belief

88NickC - Apr 4

1 by Untord »»
Apr 8, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de Episode 2 Discussion

GotenSakurauchi - Dec 27, 2012

44 by BOSS01 »»
Jan 29, 2019 7:48 AM

nextday - Sep 12, 2012

25 by melina_putri »»
Mar 25, 2013 9:47 AM

» characters?

demonichatered - Oct 20, 2012

7 by brazileirobr »»
Oct 21, 2012 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.