Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
Uberchu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
[Then don't watch shows with drama and stick to your K-ON, it should be clear that this kinda series isn't for you.

...what? Didn't you read my earlier posts? My problem wasn't with the drama itself, it was with the execution. The drama was so forced and corny, telling us details instead of showing them. Early Kokoro Connect's drama was far more subtle and less overblown, and it was coincidentally more light-hearted. And are you criticizing my tastes? I might as well criticize you for rating SAO a 10.

First off bringing other ratings in shows your immaturity (I could also say the same to you giving K ON and DxD 10s) i simply said K-ON as a reference for its genre, not because its bad or anything; yet you bring other ratings in, well whatever its likely the best you can do anyway. Also your statement that the drama is corny is simply your opinion, it doesn't even have basis, its just your distaste for the developments thus why i said the show wasn't for you; or am i wrong and you actually enjoy it? making you previous statement contradictory. Ya...i didn't think so, i never criticized your taste, i criticized your common sense; if someone doesn't like something they don't watch it, you should have learned way before now that the drama wasn't your thing; and also you say Kokoro Connects drama is corny, you honestly going to tell me that Tari Tari's drama was better? seeing as you gave it a 10? You want to bring in ratings fine, but at least i will stick to the same concept and not give random ratings, this rating applies to my point unlike yours.
Sep 29, 2012 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
HauntingShock said:
*Readies popcorn*

Lol, the SAO forum was quite today, so i guess you still have popcorn left over huh :P
Sep 29, 2012 9:21 PM

Jun 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
First off bringing other ratings in shows your immaturity (I could also say the same to you giving K ON and DxD 10s) i simply said K-ON as a reference for its genre, not because its bad or anything; yet you bring other ratings in, well whatever its likely the best you can do anyway. Also your statement that the drama is corny is simply your opinion, it doesn't even have basis, its just your distaste for the developments thus why i said the show wasn't for you; or am i wrong and you actually enjoy it? making you previous statement contradictory. Ya...i didn't think so, i never criticized your taste, i criticized your common sense; if someone doesn't like something they don't watch it, you should have learned way before now that the drama wasn't your thing; and also you say Kokoro Connects drama is corny, you honestly going to tell me that Tari Tari's drama was better? seeing as you gave it a 10? You want to bring in ratings fine, but at least i will stick to the same concept and not give random ratings, this rating applies to my point unlike yours.

All I was doing was stating in my opinion: Kokoro Connect would have worked better if it didn't take itself so seriously. Then you come along and tell me to go back to K-ON!, implying that I like shallow moe shows (whether K-ON! is shallow is for another time). So basically you come off as:

BTW I don't care about ratings, it was just a joke about how you tell me to go back to K-ON! yet like a show that I perceive as just as shallow.
Sep 29, 2012 9:27 PM
Apr 2011
Wtf InfiniteDestiny you gave SAO a ten?! Man that show is baaaaaaaalllllsss. Who wants to play a shitty MMO with no magic, no range, and you need permission from the game to wield two swords. Fricken today's episode Asuna wouldn't shut up! Just talking on and on and on about Kirito right next to him. The old dude was like 'fuuuuuuck lemme go fish already!'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 9:30 PM

Jun 2012
makoa69 said:
Wtf InfiniteDestiny you gave SAO a ten?! Man that show is baaaaaaaalllllsss. Who wants to play a shitty MMO with no magic, no range, and you need permission from the game to wield two swords. Fricken today's episode Asuna wouldn't shut up! Just talking on and on and on about Kirito right next to him. The old dude was like 'fuuuuuuck lemme go fish already!'

SAO would have been acceptable if it took place in the Runescape universe, because that was honestly the only MMO I played.
Sep 29, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2012
And thus ends another anime I've waited eagerly for every week, hopefully the BD eps come with new VA's for Yui and Aoki (i don't think i need to explain why)
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Sep 29, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
lightXTC said:
This anime can be summed up in a couple of words: manufactured drama. I honestly don't understand why this is so popular.

Pretty much my opinion.
SawashInaba was pretty much the reason why I watched this.
I mean the anime had it's moments.. but...
Sep 29, 2012 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
The fact that the pretensed episode 14 is pretty shitty since we won't be seeing it for several weeks at least I would assume.

My opinion was this show was the sleeper hit of this season. Bad call to delay the final arc this way. Bad call.
Sep 29, 2012 10:28 PM

Feb 2012
makoa69 said:

I lol'd :D
Sep 29, 2012 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Uberchu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
[Then don't watch shows with drama and stick to your K-ON, it should be clear that this kinda series isn't for you.

...what? Didn't you read my earlier posts? My problem wasn't with the drama itself, it was with the execution. The drama was so forced and corny, telling us details instead of showing them. Early Kokoro Connect's drama was far more subtle and less overblown, and it was coincidentally more light-hearted. And are you criticizing my tastes? I might as well criticize you for rating SAO a 10.

I have to agree with you here. I like the balance between drama and comedy in the earlier episodes. In this arc, the first few episodes were comedy heavy, while the last 2 were drama heavy and I don't think this works as well. I liked Iori's part of the drama in this episode, but I wasn't much of a fan of Yui's. Her's passes off more as a self-confidence issue and was slightly overblown. Iori had a actual family issue and was much easier to relate to and sympathize with.

Overall still a great show. I think that however since this suddenly became the last episode, it wasn't that nicely wrapped up as it should have been. I'm not sure whether this is due to the massively overblown prank or simply because they couldn't secure time for the last 4 episodes.

I loved the character interactions in this show and the writers really went into great depths with the characters. The tight cast makes these interactions essential and I think they nailed it. The comedy was also pretty spot on. I will honestly miss this show and eagerly await the last arc in the near future.
_____
On a side note, I also have to agree with you on SAO not being a 10. It is entertaining and there is Asuna. But the pacing is all over the place and the story in general is very disjointed. It's kind of a hit and miss for me, with it hitting slightly more than it missing.

IZEROII said:
The fact that the pretensed episode 14 is pretty shitty since we won't be seeing it for several weeks at least I would assume.

My opinion was this show was the sleeper hit of this season. Bad call to delay the final arc this way. Bad call.

Will agree on the sleeper hit and the bad choice to delay. Kokoro Connect is my choice for top anime of summer 2012. I heard that the last arc might be Blu-ray only (totally not confirmed, just a rumour).
OmniknightSep 29, 2012 10:35 PM
Sep 29, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2008
... FOURTH ARC! This one ended alot faster , but we pretty much solved all of Iori's problems... right ? Well there still is Taichi .

ANYWAYS beautifully done , i am seriously amazed at how much character development that the author managed to come up with . To add on to the different problems they are facing , through these problems it affected them , their past and the relationship between each other .

Once again a pat on the back to the creators of Kokoro Connect , definitely one of the best animes this season in my opinion.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2012 10:43 PM

Apr 2008
Really liked this series, was completely not what I was expecting in a totally good way. I was originally interested for the hilarity that would result from body switching and I got so much more than that.

Now I'll just move the series to on-hold until the last episodes air... eventually... wherever =\
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Sep 29, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2009
No Iori, you don't. Now leave him and Inaba alone.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 29, 2012 11:00 PM

Apr 2008
wheresthehandle said:

But... I like Iori D:
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Sep 29, 2012 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
wheresthehandle said:

Iori's alright... but shes not my favorite. I totally ship Taichi x Inaba though ♥
Sep 29, 2012 11:15 PM

Dec 2010
wheresthehandle said:

+1, TaichixInaba all the way :D nuff said
Sep 29, 2012 11:24 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
This episode ended the Kako Random arc and I did find this to be the weakest arc of all the ones shown so far. It was a bit short and rather the drama felt more forced and all the stuff about Iori just really suddenly surfaced again this episode.

Also this episode felt really sloppy with all the serious stuff and I kinda missed the lighter moments several episodes back.

Guess they still have a chance to improve this with the next arc but if it's going to be all about whether Iori loves Taichi or not...

Anyway it seems that there'll be a long wait for the final arc so I guess provisionally set this as on-hold.
Sep 29, 2012 11:44 PM
Mar 2012
Tensho said:
This episode ended the Kako Random arc and I did find this to be the weakest arc of all the ones shown so far. It was a bit short and rather the drama felt more forced and all the stuff about Iori just really suddenly surfaced again this episode.

Also this episode felt really sloppy with all the serious stuff and I kinda missed the lighter moments several episodes back.

Guess they still have a chance to improve this with the next arc but if it's going to be all about whether Iori loves Taichi or not...

Anyway it seems that there'll be a long wait for the final arc so I guess provisionally set this as on-hold.

yea, the drama at the end just felt forced and the series failed at repeating the kind of brilliance that was the finale of the first arc (i dunno, i guess we just got used to Heartseed's trolling after that set piece)...but i still have high hopes for the final four episodes since a lot of people have been saying that they cover the best volume of the l/n, that's why i want them now.....

all in all, a very decent drama pulled off by silver link, it might seem a bit contrived at times...but this is more than a worthy addition to the drama genre...well done....

8.5/10
Sep 29, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
greenmush said:
... FOURTH ARC! This one ended alot faster , but we pretty much solved all of Iori's problems... right ?

Did we? Hmm........
Sep 30, 2012 12:05 AM

Oct 2011
This felt like te end of the seriesto me ,
i'm guessing it will be awhile for 14-17 to come out...if they do

...this forum is so busy :D
Sep 30, 2012 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
I hope we don't have to wait. :(
If the next arc is the last one, it may be about Iori and Taichi.
I kind of hope it's about Inaba and Taichi though since I prefer Inaba's character a lot more and they haven't revealed her past yet. >.<
Sep 30, 2012 12:45 AM

Aug 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Taichi > All.

Isn't he the only one who hasn't had a whole story of his past brought up?
lol yea and I think now its Taichi's time to let us know about his past.
Sep 30, 2012 12:55 AM

Oct 2009
Can't wait for the next 4 episodes O_O
Sep 30, 2012 1:11 AM

Nov 2009
They will probably be included in BD, well the sales dropped so it's understandable why they do so. And it might takes a while to be aired. Guess we will have to wait

And MAL should fix this,
tvs 13episode
ova 4episode
Sep 30, 2012 1:14 AM
Feb 2012
Lol I just had to pick this one apart.
Uberchu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

InfiniteDestiny said:
Then don't watch shows with drama and stick to your K-ON, it should be clear that this kinda series isn't for you.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Then don't watch shows with drama and stick to your K-ON, it should be clear that this kinda series isn't for you.

InfiniteDestiny said:

This is the dumbest fucking logic in the world.

I like the part where you have to go visit some stranger's profile is to see what their favorite anime is just to try to validate something.

Because no one is allowed to enjoy different genres!!!!!!!!!!111
ahneemeSep 30, 2012 1:18 AM
Sep 30, 2012 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
They will probably be included in BD, well the sales dropped so it's understandable why they do so. And it might takes a while to be aired. Guess we will have to wait

And MAL should fix this,
tvs 13episode
ova 4episode

I'm not sure if it can be considered an ova, cuz as of now the series itself clearly hasn't ended yet much like Saki A, and the remaining episodes are a direct continuation of the series. What's MAL's definition of ova anyway? Just wondering. Cuz my knowledge of that can be wrong.

Anyway, I think we should hold on for now as SL is suppose to announce more details regarding the release in a few days.
Sep 30, 2012 1:41 AM
May 2012
the third arc is finally finished!
it was brilliant!
I didn't know yui could jump like that!that was amazing!
waiting to see the last arc!
looking forward to see taichi,iori,inaba struggle!

Sep 30, 2012 2:54 AM

May 2010
What's this Iori is having some second thought about Taichi, oh come on this is not good !!
Sep 30, 2012 3:03 AM

Jun 2009
Wait how long do we have to wait for the next episode 0.0 I really want to see that one. Iori struggling with her feelings for Taichi, aah can't wait. Now the road is clear for InabanxTaichi right =D
Sep 30, 2012 3:06 AM

Feb 2012
Yang94 said:
Wait how long do we have to wait for the next episode 0.0 I really want to see that one. Iori struggling with her feelings for Taichi, aah can't wait. Now the road is clear for InabanxTaichi right =D

Unless you go to the live event at Japan, you'll be seeing the next episodes at the BD release in March-April.
Sep 30, 2012 3:16 AM

Jul 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

And MAL should fix this,
tvs 13episode
ova 4episode

If I am not wrong, this had already been decided a long time ago.

Iori's mom win!

But dat ending...lol mindfuck. What happened to Iori ?!

Next arc when ??? I just hope I don't have to wait too much >.<

Well, it's not finished yet but'll make an exception and give a vote.

9/10
Sep 30, 2012 3:25 AM

Apr 2012
good episode !
oh my god i can't wait for the next arc :D
really curious about what iori says
"do I truly love Yaegashi Taichi?"
Sep 30, 2012 4:55 AM

Jul 2012
Got to admit, that last 2 minutes or so seriously felt like the ending. For a moment i got stunned as i always thought that it was 17 episodes long xD (it is).
Sep 30, 2012 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
Oh shit another cliffhanger.. Any information for eps 14..? Hope it won't be long..
Keep moving forward
Sep 30, 2012 5:38 AM
Feb 2012
I didn't really like this last episode. The arc was alright, but not as good as the previous two.

That end bit from Iori was a bit of a twist, but whatever, I much prefer Inaba and would like to see Taichi x Inaba. I don't really like Iori's character. I don't like many of Toyosaki's characters aside from Yui in K-On.
Sep 30, 2012 7:58 AM

Jul 2011
show was subpar throughout, tier 5 drama, but it did have some pretty kawaii moments
Sep 30, 2012 8:43 AM

Jun 2011
So everyone is ok with Iori's mum letting a violent abusive venomous man back into their lives just because she had some vague feeling Iori was trying to gain something from it (which she did not even get right) at the risk of either of them being beaten, abused or even worse?

For me at that point when she said she let him back into their lifes for their Iori i instantly thought that was beyond messed up, she is a crappy parent, her trail of thought is pretty much non existent. If she was doing it for Iori then really how so? Iori pretty much stopped even being able to see her mum or even go home and was even told by her mum not to come home and both of their lives became worse. So I really failed to see how this mum's plan was even meant to work.
DragoonDeusSep 30, 2012 8:49 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 30, 2012 8:46 AM

Jun 2009
Well...

That was rather... Anti-climatic...

Oh wellz... Oh hold till further notice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2012 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it seems we'll get to the romance part now.
But when the other 4 episodes air, will they be DVD/BD-only or something?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 30, 2012 12:06 PM

May 2010
So it was a simple thing of people not talking gezz, who would of thought?

this episode was boring
Sep 30, 2012 6:42 PM
Sep 2012
Slicer22 said:
So everyone is ok with Iori's mum letting a violent abusive venomous man back into their lives just because she had some vague feeling Iori was trying to gain something from it (which she did not even get right) at the risk of either of them being beaten, abused or even worse?

For me at that point when she said she let him back into their lifes for their Iori i instantly thought that was beyond messed up, she is a crappy parent, her trail of thought is pretty much non existent. If she was doing it for Iori then really how so? Iori pretty much stopped even being able to see her mum or even go home and was even told by her mum not to come home and both of their lives became worse. So I really failed to see how this mum's plan was even meant to work.

Co-signed. It must be a Japanese thing? Cause letting an abusive parent back in the house should be clear warning signs for someone to call child services. I was thinking Stockholm syndrome the entire time.

3/5 for this series. There was something about this show throughout the series that just did not click with me.

So anyway is this show really over now? No more episodes on TV till the BD/DVD? Can I de-list this from my queue on Crunchyroll?
Sep 30, 2012 6:47 PM
Jan 2010
LancelotTypeZero said:
I hope this doesnt mean Iori doesnt love Taichi anymore that would suck

but then inaba has a chance!!!!! they can still be friends you know
Sep 30, 2012 9:49 PM
Dec 2011
Great ep. Great series.
Sep 30, 2012 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
Well I was very confused at the end of the episode. The whole episode felt like an ending to the series, especially with the last few minutes. I guess that it's just the arc is over and there is another arc that won't be broadcasted? So will it still be releasing every week or at some events as some people said?... I'm sorry, I feel so hopeless and confused.
--
Anyway, the episode was good, but not spectacular. I think it kind of put a lot into one episode, so not much happened with each individual event. The series itself (up to this point?) was really great, I liked each arc and brought concepts I've never even heard of before (except body-swapping). I am looking forward to the next episode and arc (gets personal, meaning no Heartseed, I assume), whenever that may be. If you know when it will continue, please message me or leave a comment.

Oct 1, 2012 1:35 AM

Nov 2009
You should be prepared to wait like 3 to 5 months before the next releases.
Oct 1, 2012 3:33 AM

Jun 2008
Shouldnt this series be here on MAL as 13 episodes (finished airing) and then the remaining 4 eps added as "special"(not yet aired) or something? Lol.
Anyway, excelent series. It really felt like an end.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 1, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
Orulyon said:
Shouldnt this series be here on MAL as 13 episodes (finished airing) and then the remaining 4 eps added as "special"(not yet aired) or something? Lol.
Anyway, excelent series. It really felt like an end.

Don't think so. Quoting someone else:

2thuriel said:
Araya said:
Shouldn't the number of episode be changed for 13 and put the rest under a new OVA series then?

I don't think so, look at Bakemonogatari.
Oct 1, 2012 11:44 AM

Sep 2010
Good episode.... But not that epic..... All drama seems too faked.....

3.5/5
Oct 1, 2012 8:21 PM

May 2012
Nagase's mum is hilarious.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE LAST SENTENCE OF THE LAST EPISODE FOR A WHILE A CLIFFHANGER?
Oct 1, 2012 8:33 PM

Sep 2012
kelpso said:
Nagase's mum is hilarious.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE LAST SENTENCE OF THE LAST EPISODE FOR A WHILE A CLIFFHANGER?

Because that's exactly how the arc ended in the novel!

Feel our pain of waiting four full months for the next publish back then! Buahaha.... just kidding.

I know... it sucks =.=

Hopefully we'll be getting some news soon according to twitter news... hopefully.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.