Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 6, 2012 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
It was great to see Chihiro-chan and Kei together. <3

Aren't those the sisters in the Ef series? What?
Jul 7, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2011
I think this was too important for Mei's character and should've been part of the series in some way--i.e. flashbacks.

But the ecchi/yuri/incest/fanservice scene was retarded. No sisters EVER do that. I don't care WHAT you say. That's like a dude going up to his naked brother in the bathroom and grabbing his ass. Doesn't happen.
Jul 16, 2012 3:18 PM

Feb 2010
I like how they just shrugged it off after the incident on the ferris wheel Lol. After seeing this episode I hope someone makes a twincest doujin :o the last NTR another doujin was great.

DraconisMarch said:
But the ecchi/yuri/incest/fanservice scene was retarded. No sisters EVER do that. I don't care WHAT you say. That's like a dude going up to his naked brother in the bathroom and grabbing his ass. Doesn't happen.

But having a dead person walking around thinking they're still alive is perfectly normal?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2012 8:18 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Well I don't CARE WHAT YOU THINK but facts are Mei's sister was already a tease and for all we know perverted perhaps deep in her mind and hence none of much being shown but still possible. If you missed on that I suggest you review the facials and voice tones Mei's sister takes. That is meant to look perverted and I don't see it much any other way.

That being said a sister like the one of Mei can very well DO what she did in the bathroom. Blame the parents for not controlling her media feed. I am sure they were not around too much.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 22, 2012 3:06 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty good OVA, although it wasted a lot of time. It really is an episode 0, ending at the start of the series. We got to learn about how Mei got to be who she is, although I was kind of disappointed in the twin's (forgot her name) death, wasn't gory like the series. I did like that she reached for the dolls, though, creepy. 4/5

Jul 26, 2012 11:40 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed this.
8/10
Aug 9, 2012 3:36 AM

Aug 2010
At the beginning I wasn't sure whether this would be a prequel or an alternative little story, but when Fujioka asked Mei about her class I knew what was coming. I even hoped for the elevator scene and they included it! A huge bonus point for that. In the end she got the doll she had wanted...

The ferris wheel scene...had me fooled completely, marvelous job (though it actually felt like a parody in the end, but still). I like how we could see a glimpse of Mei before she became (even more) introverted.

A very good OVA, loved it 5/5.
Aug 10, 2012 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
almost got a heart attack here
Aug 16, 2012 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
I started watching and I thought, this'll be heart-warming and cute and whatnot.
And then I remembered what Misaki told us during the main series, at which point I was watching it with a long face, waiting for what I knew would happen.
Still feeling sad, man.
You have only one life to live. Are you doing what you want to do?
- Waiter Lennart, Pokémon Black and White
Aug 28, 2012 11:50 AM

Aug 2012
Not bad. It makes a good presentation to the main serie, as you see the main character encountering misaki in the elevator in the ending...

Doesn't explain a lot, but it was nice to see misaki mei "normal" ... Poor girl. I feel bad for her considering all of her story.

Aug 29, 2012 10:24 PM

Jan 2012
Brilliant ova. why? its not a recap! there was only one thing its lacking more of... i think they could of add a couple more sponsors at the beginning!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 3, 2012 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
Great ova.
That stupid bird.
At the feries wheel i got tricked. Thought her sis died in that part.
5/5 Needs season 2 now!
Sep 9, 2012 6:20 AM
Sep 2011
It was said in the series she died of a disease in a hospital so really I'm wasn't all that suprised the ferris wheel was just a troll moment. Still a good OVA though,in fact this is my favorite type of OVA's the ones that expand the universe and add to the story/characters rather than just a pointless added 20 minute comedy or something.
Sep 19, 2012 5:47 AM

Nov 2008
That was boring as hell.
Oct 13, 2012 2:36 PM
Oct 2009
Bird crash = WHUT. No bird's ever done that by crashing into MY window! Hahaha!
Oct 14, 2012 11:33 AM
Jan 2011
This was better than the anime series.
Nov 8, 2012 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
Rofl, we got trolled
Nov 11, 2012 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
'Twas good...I just didn't think the Ferris wheel accident scene funny...If this was an ep of Gintama, I would have definitely lol'd there...Still, nice try in making this ep a little light hearted...
Nov 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Jun 2008
Very sad.....Mei was such a cheerful girl and she really loved her sister.
Dec 10, 2012 12:05 AM

Feb 2011
really good ova, but very sad though. Poor mei. No wonder why she was like that in the series. I agree that bird scene was epic, in fact gory. Really love this ova episode.
Dec 21, 2012 5:40 PM
Dec 2010
It's pretty weird to see Mei so happy, but I think it was nice. She really did love her sister, and I really wished she wouldn't die so Mei would be happy. Still, we knew she was gonna die. Oh, and that bird scene was beautiful.
Jan 16, 2013 9:58 AM

Jun 2012
Dat titty grab. Nice OVA.
Jan 16, 2013 3:00 PM

Apr 2012
I thought this was pretty nice. It was sweet to see another side of Mei as a normal girl having fun with her sister (admittedly, the circumstances under which she had to meet her sister were pretty weird and all, but she just acted like any normal happy girl when she was with Misaki).

I thought the ferris wheel part was weirdly funny, I can't really explain why... it was just so bizarre how they shrugged it off afterwards, or something. Plus the shock and horror on Mei's face even though she must have known Misaki was only going to fall a few feet, if that?

The whole bathroom thing was possibly a little unneeded but hey I guess that's what Misaki's into, and it didn't bring down the episode entirely or anything. And the ending was really sad, I liked how they tied it into the elevator scene in the main series. It was so bittersweet that Mei still gave Misaki the doll she'd wanted. Bawww.

I think I gave it 7 or 8 out of 10, about the same as the main series. Not too much to complain about!
Feb 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2008
Must be one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Good sleeping pill, I suppose.
Mar 17, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
great ^^ but very sad... ;c
May 6, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
I thought she was going to die from the fall. Even if she fell as soon as she flew out she would probably only had strained her leg. The bird was great for fear factor. Otherwise it's just them doing normal things with Misaki's death in the end and Mei's first meeting with Sakakibara.

7/10
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 18, 2013 6:33 AM
Jul 2018

Misaki. ;____; Poor her.
Dang, the bird spat blood.
Jun 20, 2013 1:11 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit my stomach dropped when she let go. Then 2 seconds later it turns out she was perfectly fine. T_T
Jun 23, 2013 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
This explains why she was so gloomy and unfeeling.

I really thought Misaki was going to die from falling. My heart skipped a beat or two. o_O

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 4, 2013 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
the prologue of "another" story
really enjoying this OVA!

i thought that misaki died at ferris wheel -_-
Jul 22, 2013 1:41 AM

May 2013
This was a good OVA.
Aug 6, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
This episode really tore into my heart. Watching this woulda made the atmosphere a lot different for series. I was suspicious of Mei the whole time in Another, if I watched the ova first, I probably woulda thought otherwise. Watching this, was a great ending to the series for me. Topped off my "FUCK FATE" attitude =)
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Sep 28, 2013 9:07 AM

Feb 2012
Very good ova. 8/10 case the trolled at the ferris wheel lol
Oct 7, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2010
The best:

-Sisterly giggles all over the place. I found them absurdly funny.
-The ferris wheel accident. The bird and Misaki falling.

Other than that, pretty boring stuff. The first 14 minutes were a chore to watch, and the last 10 felt like a waste of potential. Anyway it is still watchable I guess.
Oct 20, 2013 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
It was an excellent episode which was the prequel of the horror anime-manga series "Another".
That ferris whell scene freaked me out!!!
Animation quality is 10/10..I could still have watched this anime just for its beautiful animation.
Nov 13, 2013 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
This was the happies and the saddes episode from Another.
The start was soo good,Mei was very happy with her sister,but when she died everything changed :/ :/ "cry moment"
The bath part was verry funny,at least we got some fan service ahah
Mei and Misaki were both very pretty and cute,i feel sad for them..
The bird part was so epic,my hearth almost blew up,becauase i was disappointed that she is going to die.
I wish everything was different.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 14, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 2013
It was nice to see the pair of twins, sorry for Misaki.
Jan 16, 2014 2:17 PM
Oct 2011
Well that's a nice OVA.
Y U NO SIGNATURE
Mar 16, 2014 10:07 PM

Jul 2009
Nice OVA!!!

It's nice to see Misaki used to be a cheerful girl back then :)

They really look alike huh?? :D

So that's why Misaki referred the doll that looks like her, her sister :D

Ahh that bath scene!! There's no malice or anything, just two girl having fun with each other ^^

So she she had leukemia huh? To be honest i actually thought that she would die in the fall, but i remember in the first episode that Mei said that her sister died in the hospital due to a failure.

That eagle was kinda unbelievable though, I knew something was off with the ferris wheel once that screw got knocked out.

Still why didn't Mei look at the ground?? Then again she must be concentrated on saving her so she didn't see the ground.

It's definitely disturbing to see a person just falls flat on her face just like that. She really was the first victim huh? Her eyes went crazy.

And what did Mei do to the glass? I think she cut her eye once more? Then again it looks fine in the main storyline.

Finally they showed how Mei got into the elevator and met Sakakibara. Guess he didn't notice her when he was looking at the phone.

So it was really her at the morgue delivering the doll to her dead sister Misaki.

At least that confirms that Mei was the real one that Sakakibara met.

Great episode all around! Still wish the main series was long.

I give it a 8/10 just like the main series ^^
Apr 8, 2014 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
So... the twin sister liked heavy metal huh? Shame we didn't hear what bands.

Yup, that's what I took from this OVA.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 24, 2014 9:42 AM

Feb 2014
whoa that was deep. Mei personality went 360. I felt really bad for her. I'm definitely going to rewatch Another.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

May 13, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
Very good episode.
Misaki Mei and her sister were so cute. (Scene when she scared that boy -> perfect! :D )
I was thinking she would die at the amusement park. I was wrong but it's ok.
For me, that moment when she dropped (on the road) was really surprising.

Score: 8/10
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

May 17, 2014 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
Well I did not see yet the series, I started with this OVA. I felt even from the beginning that this is going to end badly. I feel sorry for Misaki tho'. ;-;

8/10.
Jun 28, 2014 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Amazing OVA. Really liked the funny part from the beginning.
Aug 18, 2014 11:47 PM
Jun 2014
I was aroused with the wincest scene
Sep 24, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2008
I think mostly everyone got startled when the bird came and then we got trolled twice with her death.

But it made her real death all the sadder, but at least it wasn't in a gruesome way.
Nov 10, 2014 5:01 PM
Jul 2013
TWINCEST!!

TWINCEST!!

season 2 please and bring misaki back, the dead twin sister of course
Dec 25, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
The story between the two sisters, I feel bad for the way that her sis died. :(
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 11, 2015 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
09/10
Feb 1, 2015 8:03 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, the Ferris Wheel freaked me out and I was thinking there will be some human pancake on the ground in a second. The bird scene was awesome, especially when he or she splatter blood on the window even tho I got startled. I dunno how many people have noticed it but I knew something will be happening after the screw fell out from the doors when that guy was closing the doors. I must also admit that it's the best episode of Another fully filled with a lot of Happiness just right here in front of you. I'm giving 9/10. Totally worth watching it ! What a shame there's no season 2 ....

Tomasz-SamaFeb 1, 2015 8:07 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Another 0 Promo

CuriousThing - Mar 2, 2012

19 by st_nick5 »»
Jun 12, 2012 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.