Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 14, 2013 11:42 PM

Feb 2011
I´m getting my hopes up as well, though I know Rika will suffer greatly in the end. I hope that doesn´t happen, but if I´ve learned something from good anime like this is that happy endings are something of a rarity.
Aug 15, 2013 9:33 PM

Jun 2011
FateSyka said:
"My image of Takano is very disturbed now."

Couldn't agree more xD
Aug 21, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2013
Everybody is starting to remember bits of what they did in other arcs. It is getting interesting.
Aug 22, 2013 11:58 PM
Aug 2013
the future is about to change ...
everybody seems have realized about their existence in the another world of hinamizawa ...
Oct 3, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Things are indeed looking good so far, but:
1. It's only episode 7
2. The chapter must be called "massacre chapter" for a reason...
3. As for those guys who protected Rika after she started kicking the motorbikes, aren't they the same who (seemed to have) killed her in the previous arc?

BTW does "nipaa" mean anything?
KnKTGoSOct 3, 2013 3:45 PM
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Nov 17, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Too early for a happy ending in a chapter called "Massacre Chapter".

But still, things are waaaay too different than before now... Akasaka's wife is alive, that means he did not rescue the Inukai grandson.
Dec 15, 2013 7:12 PM

Dec 2012
This world seems so perfect... perfect for a terrible ending. As disturbing as it sounds I can't really imagine that this will end well considering it's so early in the series.
Feb 25, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
1. everything seems to be going as planned, but it's only ep 7/24. something's gonna fail.

2. rika's confidence near the end of this ep has got me pumped.

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 21, 2014 4:13 AM

Jun 2011
I kind of don't like how forced the situation seems to have these characters changing their fate or conveniently remember what happened before, but that's probably done intentionally, and if that's so, without a doubt, something will go wrong later.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 2013
A lot of things seem to be going right, but that is what is scaring me in the end. What can make it all go wrong in the end. Also how did Rika enter a time loop where Akasaka's wife is alive. Leading up to the festival made sense but that was a bit out there.
May 1, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2014
I agree that the remembering thing seemed quite forced, but let's see how it will continue.

By the way, who is "Tokyo" and "Yamainu" Tomitake and Takano nominated?
And why the Van Mens now are protecting Rika? what changed?
May 12, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode and I really wish that everything will go well, but I know it won't. Because yeah, like mentioned a lot, the chapter-title and episode count at this point don't point in that direction :/
I have absolutely no idea how it will go wrong, though, and that's what kinda makes it exciting right now^^

Happy Takano was interesting, to see her completely different than anytime else.
May 20, 2014 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Now it leaves me wondering what will happen in this arc?
Aug 13, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
come on get back to being serious, this light heartedness is getting on my nerves
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Sep 25, 2014 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
I just have a feeling that this arc will be the most heartbreaking.
Everything is just too beautiful.

+I am amazed, 30+ episodes about time loop and I'm not bored!!
I want more!!!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 29, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, we sure learned a lot of thing in that episode. First, we still don't know why Rika is killed, but we know why Miyo and the photograph are killed. They are in fact part of somekind of security organization. But somehow, I just can't trust Takano... The odd thing that strike me in each of the Watanagashi murders is that each time, someone disappear. The most obvious fact related to these murder would be that the one who is missing is the murderer. I do remember that Satoshi was the missing one in one of the murder and that we saw him briefly in an episode, wandering around the town. So if the photograph dies, wouldn't his killer be Takano herself? But then, why would she kill him? Sooo confused.

Takano going all ''Nipa~!!'' was totally hilarious xD

This iteration really is totally different. Three people remember the events from another world. This give a lot more credibility to Rika plea.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 6, 2014 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
Well seeing Takano that happy was unexpected.

So it seems that all of Rika's friends have part of their memories from other worlds.

Looks like that man listened to Rika this time and went back to Tokyo and as a result, saved his wife!

Still want to know who those van guys are. Hope we find out soon.

Great episode! It feels like this is the last arc even though it is only episode 7. Makes me wonder what will happen in the final arc?

Nov 14, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2012
I can't wait to see how this all goes wrong. Higurashi just doesn't feel right when stuff's going right.

Also, Keiichi as the seme and Ooishi as the uke? That's... interesting to say the least.
Core1019Nov 14, 2014 3:37 PM
Nov 18, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2014
Happy takano is a cute takano <3
Feb 19, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
i'm with hanyuu on this... as much as i want a happy end, i don't think things will keep going smoothly ;_;
Mar 23, 2015 10:21 PM
Nov 2014
Another awesome ep.....

Rika's plan might actually work

inb4 more murder :P
Apr 17, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
I'm already hearing the insane laughter in the distance... >:)
May 3, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2008
Wait a sec, those are the guys! Stop them already and she breaks free.
May 18, 2015 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
kapanihan said:
I'm already hearing the insane laughter in the distance... >:)

^Seriously! It's just too good to be true.

Tanako is probably up to something and I feel she will be the villain of this story (totally by assumption, though). Like you guys said, those men in grey killed Rika -- but then again, Tanako is probably murdered by this rival organization planning to release the gas.

It's admirable that Rika is trying to change the future of this forsaken village, but you should know your enemy more than anyone before you engage in your assault...

Perhaps it'll be a race against time. Rika will come back and figure out a new battle plan after finding out things from this arc. Or at least, so I hope.
May 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, what an episode.

Not only have most of the previous disasters we've seen been avoided due to everyone starting to remember what went wrong in the other worlds. But, Rika has also managed to warn Takano and Tomitake of their impending deaths, which in turn got the van guys on her side this time around. Everything seems to be going perfectly in this world.

Which is why I'm really interested to see what could possibly cause it to all go horribly wrong. Because we all know it's not gonna end well, the title of this chapter alone makes that pretty obvious lol.

Also lol @ Takano this episode.
Aug 5, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
Very interesting LOVE IT but I think Hanyuu is right - Rika is quickly becoming overconfident. I think it will end in failure this time but eventually there will be a happy ending.
Aug 11, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2014
If only this was episode 22 and not 7 it would be exciting. But you know with so many episodes left that something's bound to go horribly wrong. :/
Oct 13, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2015
“Just now, my image of Takano flew out the window.”

Amen. Seeing her act like that was so weird yet delightful. XD

But oh my gosh, this episode gave me goose bumps! I got the ending spoiled for me by accidentally reading the season 3 description, but I still have no clue how it’s going to go down. I’m dying to see what happens!

Also, they’re giving me more shipping material for Mion and Keiichi, so that’s always a good thing.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 13, 2015 12:39 PM

May 2015
Montrovant1488 said:
I´m getting my hopes up as well, though I know Rika will suffer greatly in the end. I hope that doesn´t happen, but if I´ve learned something from good anime like this is that happy endings are something of a rarity.

This had better be a prediction and not a spoiler or I'll be mega-hardcore-pissed off.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 1, 2015 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
I have to say, following the revelation of Rika reliving timelines my entire experience of Higurashi has changed..for the better, i found most of those SoL moments dull and melodramatic a times but now they take on a whole new meaning, might just rewatch the whole show for the heck of it, brilliant storytelling.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2015 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
Welp Takano just blew my scared me more than the Shion torture scenes ever did. Also aren't the Van guys the one who kill her in the first place?
Sep 5, 2016 4:10 PM
Nov 2010
Heart_of_Storm said:
White van guys are interesting - where they trying to protect Rika this whole time?

Which means theres an unknown third party in the mix?

This makes me remember.... Whatever we've seen of their behavior towards other characters, I don't think we actually *saw* them murder Rika in that arc, did we? I mean, they entered the house and they took her body out it was more an assumption on our part that they were the ones that did it. Maybe something else happened there?

Normally, I'd say that that would be quite a stretch, but this show seems to do really well at setting us up for making assumptions and then subverting them...
Sep 5, 2016 4:17 PM
Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
I kind of don't like how forced the situation seems to have these characters changing their fate or conveniently remember what happened before, but that's probably done intentionally, and if that's so, without a doubt, something will go wrong later.

I think it was more forced at the end of the last episode, where it seemed like "if only Kei-chan had made one change, this whole thing could be solved," than it is here.

1) Perhaps after so many repetitions *everyone* is coming to the dream realizations at around the same time, for the first time. If so, them repeating them to each other would reinforce the fate-changing dynamic.
2) With Awasaka-san's decision to trust Rika 5 years before, it's clear that this entire world has had a possibility for taking the more hopeful path, even before whatever changes Rika can make in these specific two weeks.

I think the anime does a good job and building the case that this world/loop really does have the potential to be different. The asides from their discussion where she's genre-savvy enough to try to disillusion Rika from hope also seem to be done well.

Edit: So far, I'm getting so many Groundhog Day meets Sliders meets 12:01pm meets that one episode of Star Trek TNG vibes it's not even funny XD
EtceteralSep 5, 2016 4:31 PM
Oct 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2016
Rika is getting overconfident here.....
well I can't blame her for that though, she has been in despair for too long and now getting a glimpse of hope.
Dec 25, 2016 8:38 PM
Mar 2016
Really happy to see this show take a turn. I mean, seeing everyone lose their shit is nice, but it all was important and is leading up to something.
Jan 27, 2017 7:58 PM

Apr 2016
Daaaamn, shit's getting good. The only problem is that it's all gonna be futile since it's way too early in the series for any real resolution to come along. And let's not forget that the arc title is "Massacre" :P
Mar 11, 2017 2:35 AM

Feb 2016
Well, it goes without saying that this will ending in failure, being called the massacre arc, it doesn't help that the Hanyuu's premonitions are weighted with uncertainty. I get the feeling that Hanyuu is a fiend on this whole charade. I have no evidence, I am not spoiling anything, I just get the gut feeling.

I am still mindblown that Rika has supposedly lived a 100 years like this (prior episode mentioned). How has she not lost hope!? How can she only now start to crack? Strong girl.

Also mindblowing that only now, only after so many of these tragedies are the other characters who don't remember completely their lives in a past universe subconsciously making attempts to avoid that fate... Also crazy, was all it took was Kei to foster this sharing is caring mentality that is only slightly nudging the pendulum of fate to the left.

It is a bit unbelievable that only now are the characters are doing out of ordinary moves of preservation and it is a miracle that it was able to happen and continue to progress with each rewrite.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 30, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
There's something I've been wondering about Hanyuu. If she is a god, and is invisible to people other than Rika, then why doesn't she spy to see who the real culprit is behind Rika's murder?
You are now breathing manually.
Jan 30, 2018 7:24 PM
Jan 2018
It's actually explained that Hanyuu is too scared to watch.
Apr 24, 2020 3:52 AM

Feb 2018
Takano still mysterious, xD.
May 6, 2020 5:04 PM
Apr 2019
Power to fight against fate? It's almost as if you can say Friendship IS Magic; also, this is indeed a disturbing universe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuSbrghzmk
May 27, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2018
oh god. I am 200% sure that everyone is going to die brutally
May 27, 2020 6:32 PM
Oct 2019
Well, well. This timeline is FANTASTIC. Still think it fails but I'm really excited to see where it goes.
Jul 14, 2020 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
The people who usually kill her are on her side now. so I wonder how shes gonna get killed this time.

Sep 21, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Takano completely out of character somehow lol. This time everything is going very well... too well I'd say. Especially since this is only episode 7, so things will probably go horribly wrong at some point. Which will be a shame, but at least Rika now knows how to set the gears in place.
Oct 25, 2020 7:33 AM
Oct 2019
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai Episode 7

So, everyone remember a little piece information from the other world huh.... This is interesting, could this be the key for rena to break the fate???

I can't believe Takano has a personality like this 😆

Oh my look who is here...
Akasaka-san showing up in this world...
He listen to what Rika-chan said before about his wife...

More sign that something is different about this world...
Oct 28, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2020
rika gaining too much control now hmm.. how will this play out?

after 100 years of observing everyone, rika and hanyu are so surprised to see takano act like that lmao
Nov 5, 2020 8:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A bunch of revelations slowly filled the air on their surrounding. All of them started to remember a glimpse from their previous parallel world to made them avoid the same mistakes. Which was why everything just felt so strange and unusual, like the example of how Shion suddenly became so close to Satoko. She rememberred the past story of her!

So, with that kind of twist, the world slowly changed itself. Rika started to regain her motivation and determination again to changed the fate completely. However, Hanyu still warned her the possibility of a worst scenario that might happened at the front. Even though everything seemed to led them into a better future. But, it still blurred, like that van persons that still creeping out behind Rika's back. Oh, well! The suspension start again! The critical point already pinpointed to Takano and Tomitake appearance at the night of festival. A little prevent action already launched by Rika to avoided the same mistake. But could they believed her, and launched a preventive security within them? Or, the world drastically twisted itself again into an unknown conditions that led them into a sudden cruelty? Well, whatever the role that two adult had at their back, and why that thing existed, together with how happy Rika against the whole route. Lemme see the continuations of her determination! The butterfly really existed on their universe!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 5:27 PM

Nov 2012
Everything seem to be going to well for Rika atm which make me doubt she will succeed this time, that and well the fact there one more arc left after this.
Nov 18, 2020 12:25 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, I really liked that episode where things seem to be going well. Those that have gone crazy before remember what they did in another world and managed to avoid those outcomes but, still that is not enough to break fate as we still don't know who is behind Rika's deaths.

Also cool to see Akasaka in here, he will surely be really great help. Glad he listened to Rika and managed to avoid tragedy. Though, those men though that helped Rika. They're the same fuckers that killed her. So, if they work for Takano then Takano is a prime suspect.

I agree with Hanyuu, my image of Takano just flew out of the window lmao. Never say ~nipa~ again Takano. But, shit this is still worrying even with how good this world is so far.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

365 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.