Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 12, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
Basically what i learned from the Endless Eight arc is that Kyon repeated the same 2 weeks over 15,000+ times until he finally finishes his homework...
May 19, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
I loved it. I'll admit, I'm kind of a sucker for these "summer themed" episodes because it reminds me of my summers in high school. Nice weather, hanging out with your friends, all fond memories. As far as I'm concerned this arc was re-runs of one of my favorite episodes, which was just fine with me.

But I also think this is probably one of the most important arcs/episodes in the entire anime as far as the movie goes. It really makes you feel for Yuki (seriously, you had to sit through the same 23 minutes 8 times. She had to sit through 2 WEEKS 15,000 times, WITHOUT the option to fast-forward or any assurance when or if it was going to end) and that makes Disappearance that much more impactful.

Is it entirely necessary to watch all 8? No, but you're robbing yourself a better experience in the end :D

(Just want to say, I've watched the anime 3 times through now and every time I've watched the Endless Eight all the way through. I really enjoy it that much lol)
Aug 21, 2014 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
Even since the second episode of endless eight it was obvious how will it end and it was really, really boring.
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 21, 2014 5:41 AM

Mar 2014
To a huge Haruhi fan, they might find the enjoyable.
But to normal fan like myself, I find it a huge waste of time.
Oct 29, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
I'm watching them right now and on part 4 an ready to kill myself WTF is the reason for 8 of them.
Nov 14, 2014 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't have mal when I first watched this but this is still the most annoying this ever to me.
such a waste imo
Nov 30, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the concept, but it really needed to be 3 episodes max. I was quite shocked to see that for such a popular series, that they would waste 8 episodes to practically repeat the same episode.
Jan 4, 2015 9:28 PM
Mar 2013
I thought it was a somewhat clever way to troll the audience, but it got old very fast, so I ended up skipping to the very end of it where they

But seriously, repeating it once for effect, I could get, but eight times? If that's not trolling, I don't know what is!
Mar 20, 2015 10:48 AM
Dec 2014
Ok, finally, i have dropped this series twice before thanks to this arc, this time i finished it and can continue
Apr 9, 2015 12:55 PM
Mar 2012
Thing with endless 8 is I think 3 episodes would've driven home the point. But 8!!
May 19, 2015 2:15 AM
Jun 2013
I have done it 2half years ago buy really it take some place on my hardisk😤😤😤
Jun 6, 2015 4:34 PM
Jan 2014
An interesting idea perhaps, but I hated it. It will definitely negatively affect my rating of the show overall once I finish it.
Jun 15, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
I think the staff are slacking.
This episode remind me of Space Dandy. Where they tought they can preditct future. So stupid. Haha
.. And I really have fun where Asahina-san <classified Information> while they <classified information> and <classified information>!! I really <classified information>
maelstrom16Jun 15, 2015 10:40 AM
Every dollar spent on drug war is a dollar not spent for Genetically Engineered Cat-Girl!
Jun 16, 2015 6:52 PM

May 2015
I think the endless 8 was a great idea, I personally had never seen it before. It kind of puts you in Yuki's position on how boring it would have been repeating it over and over.
Jun 23, 2015 10:17 AM
May 2015
I got through six before I was bored stiff. STIFF. No, I didn't GAS about Nagato — she's a data interface and was doing her job; must be what all her life is like, same as the device you're reading this on. In fact, I don't care about anyone in Haruhi anymore except maybe Mikuru, except that since I've learned to HATE Kyon through the EE (and I never liked that idiot Haruhi), that Mikiru/Nagato care about that brat Haruhi (who is a criminal that should be shot) or Kyon makes me sick. (Not to mention that FREAK Esper, whoever).

To get to the end and have the "EE" secret be the stupid homework killed it for me. And to think I had it up at 8 in (chrono) S1, until S2. They don't make negative number ratings, do they? So a "1" and DROPPED will have to do it.

^^^
Edit: will leave this up because I polished off the last episode (only) and the movie, and my opinion of the anime is much better again. Seriously, I'd CUT "Endless Eight" entirely out of TMOHS. It would have improved my experience a hundred-fold.
Locke081-aJun 27, 2015 8:42 AM
Jun 30, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
I laughed so much when I watch the endless eight arc because I wondering why did they put so much effort into trolling us? it's basically the same content but with different cut scene in each episode and they did it for 8 episode.
It could worth all they repetition if the climax were a bit more 'climatic'.
I do find it boring, enraging and needless but still I respect Kyo Ani for pulling this random stunt perfectly.
Jul 3, 2015 8:46 PM
May 2014
I gave this anime 4/10 because of this endless bullshit. It deserves less, but the other episodes aren't trash like these. I watched it all in two sittings because I seriously didn't fucking expect that it would last this long
Jul 10, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2015
Requinix said:
There need to be major differences between the episodes and there has to be some kind of progression. Or how about doing the different episodes from different characters' points of view?
I didn’t hate the episodes because I think it was a great concept just the execution was a bit off. You may say: but you got different angles and different dialogue combine with different clothes however that was not the problem for me...

I understand what the producer where trying to do (make us feel the same way Kyon,Yuki and co. felt when they learned the truth about the loop)In my opinion the problem here is that we never had the opportunity to see Koizumi or Mikuru inner thoughts, feeling about the whole ordeal unless you count body language and that kind of expression wasn’t enough for me. Sure you may say Yuki only gave that kind of expression and it work and I say to that yes but it was because Yuki (expression less girl) is a recorder who’s only function is to record everything without interfering so for her character it works since we got to see little by little how she crumble under the situation not because she isn’t incapable of solving the situation but because she is not going to interfere on the other hand for the others apart from Kyon not so much, hey! we all know that Koizumi & Mikuru are in a more support kind of approach that watching mode to Haruhi shenanigans and that is why we needed at least 1 or 2 episodes from the perspective of them to work for us by breaking the same pattern that we got in those 8 episodes since by episode 4 of the EE we understood the concept and the magnitude of the situation that the SOS were in, it’s that we never got the opportunity to go inside the head of Mikuru & Koizumi to feel their despair.

Imagine if the staff used Miku & Koizu perspective not only you flesh more the characters but you also have an opportunity to animate the other variations that Yuki mentioned via interference from Mikuru or Koizumi to try to escape the loop. The famous what if? Nuff said…
Roy_FockerJul 10, 2015 12:23 PM
Jul 13, 2015 11:27 PM

Sep 2014
It's frightening how people actually defend this.
Jul 23, 2015 11:44 PM
Jul 2015
Jesus Christ. I made an account just for this. I watched this show a couple years back and I have no recollection of it being this tedious. I remember I watched every episode because I was sad when it ended and I looked all over for any more Haruhi...anything. Anyway, that could've been because I spaced it out over a few days, while this time I watch episode after episode after episode of the 8 within 2 days. Currently on 6/8. I thought for sure it'd end after the 5th and when it didn't I did some research and...well, here I am. At first I actually really enjoyed the concept and thought it was kinda cool (would be an ingenious idea for filler episodes) . 2nd episode--wow, cool. 3rd episode--all right! I'm really feeling this loop now. 4th episode--okay, let's get on with it. 5th episode--I have a good feeling that this is the last one... Anyway, I feel the obligation to watch each one anyway because....idk I just do. I'm almost done anyway. AND YES KYON IT'S CALLED A PUBLIC POOL BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING PUBLIC!!!

Edit: I think I have gone insane because I am actually enjoying watching this now. I've reached some pinnacle of..something idk

Edit 2: YEES! THAT FEELING OF TRIUMPH WHEN KYON FINALLY SPEAKS! YAAAAS! Lmao. I did it. I'm done. The feeling earlier in the episode ^^ was an on and off thing. I guess I just liked knowing more or less what was going to be said by everyone.
JaydeeTrzaJul 24, 2015 12:44 AM
Jul 24, 2015 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
it was pretty boring from the 2nd and 3rd episode, i would not recommend to anyone to see the 8 episodes

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Jul 27, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, it's tedious, but, you know... it's been six years. I have the option to skip it now, so there's really no reason to get furiously mad over it anymore.
Jul 29, 2015 10:34 AM
Dec 2012
From an artistic standpoint, the endless 8 is, by far, one of the bravest and most ambitious moves in anime. It values immersion into the storyline so much, it had you experience the event 8 straight times. Not once does it tip you off to the idea that it might stray from the original episode, nor do the animators get lazy, each episode features different clothes, angles, etc. By the time you get that Haruhi is rewinding time, you're as terrified of another loop happening as the main characters become. You get their pain perfectly, especially Nagato, who has experienced it well over 15,000 times. For that alone, people can debate it as one of the most artistic and creative arcs in anime history.

Production wise, I can't believe anyone signed off on it. They had to have known people were going to drop the anime after seeing the same thing EIGHT TIMES in a row. I started losing it after the third time. It's really the hardest thing to watch, even if you were interested in seeing where it went. At the end of it, they really do offer proper closure, but at the point, a lot of people weren't around to see it. It really deterred the effect.
Aug 6, 2015 1:36 PM
Mar 2012
AuronPond said:
From an artistic standpoint, the endless 8 is, by far, one of the bravest and most ambitious moves in anime. It values immersion into the storyline so much, it had you experience the event 8 straight times. Not once does it tip you off to the idea that it might stray from the original episode, nor do the animators get lazy, each episode features different clothes, angles, etc. By the time you get that Haruhi is rewinding time, you're as terrified of another loop happening as the main characters become. You get their pain perfectly, especially Nagato, who has experienced it well over 15,000 times. For that alone, people can debate it as one of the most artistic and creative arcs in anime history.

Production wise, I can't believe anyone signed off on it. They had to have known people were going to drop the anime after seeing the same thing EIGHT TIMES in a row. I started losing it after the third time. It's really the hardest thing to watch, even if you were interested in seeing where it went. At the end of it, they really do offer proper closure, but at the point, a lot of people weren't around to see it. It really deterred the effect.

Thing is I think they could've had the same effect in 3-4 episodes. And then rather than being so controversial and polarizing as it is now, people would've lost their minds but in a good way.
Aug 12, 2015 12:05 AM
Aug 2015
I didn't mind it. Think of what Yuki Nagato had to go through, then it doesn't seem so bad. I also liked when Mikuru kept crying, she sounded so cute!
Nov 5, 2015 2:48 AM
Feb 2015
Just had to post something like this for my first post since it was driving me a bit crazy.

I'm sorry if someone else already noticed this and posted it elsewhere, but I'd just like to tell everyone who watched this to realize that the number of days in August 17 to August 31 is actually 15 [17 (the day that Suzumiya calls Kyon over to meet at the station at 2 o'clock), 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 (the day that Kyon decides to not touch his homework for over 15500 loops, and time is reset for looping at 24:00)], and not 2 weeks (14 days) as the anime assumes. Would have probably ignored this if it was like under a hundred loops or something and it didn't matter if they wanted up to count up the years that Nagato had to endure, but since it became a really huge scale like 15000+ loops, the last day of the 15532th loop (at which they were able to progress by finishing their homework assigned over the summer break), would be 638 years and 110 days after the first day of the original loop sequence.
Kinda found it a bit careless of a mistake to make considering that they added so much variation in dialogue and payed attention to the smallest details in each and every loop that they decided to show after the original sequence.

As for the actual "Endless Eight" concept, I personally think that it's way too shallow to interpret it as a mere repetition of the 'same event', considering the fact that the scriptwriters and the producers and every staff at the time that this anime was produced worked on this. Call it circumstantial evidence, but the people in that industry probably know a lot more about the anime world than a random guy in the audience.
The 7 loops following the first one are variations of the original episode, with an add-on scene of 'realization of the time loop'. Interestingly, the narrator of this story, Kyon, describes this experience from the present point-of-view, and not from the future in which the time loop has ended, which really makes the disconnection from each episode to another come to light. However, unlike in most stories, the viewer of the anime, as they watch through the 7 scenarios, feel more empathy towards Nagato, instead of the narrator of the story (well, at least I did).
Try to even imagine the feelings of Nagato when the group around her doesn't realize anything for over 600 years and then finally realizes something on the 15498th loop (and how the same meeting goes on for another 34 loops), or when Kyon calls out to her and asks her if she's fine, or when she had to answer the same question with the same answer for over 15000 times.
Furthermore, each scenario, even while following the same 'script', has subtle changes, which viewers notice while progressing through them; the clothes, the nuances of their voices (even while saying the same line), the amount of tears shed by Asahina in the 'can't go back to the future' phone call, the way that the things-to-do list is organized, et cetera. Meanwhile, the only hint of how much more this is going to continue is the title, and the fact that there is no 'piling' of memory remnants, and that getting out of the loop is in the hands of a chance lower than 1/15000 (apparently) dawns upon the viewer.
It was a great device to actually make the experience be felt by the audience, with not even 0.1% of the actual experience that the characters have gone through; just watching the near-20-minute summaries of the loops for 8 consecutive times, the viewer is left at the mercy of the same fears that our protagonists feel at the moment that the loop is about to be repeated.
However, seeing as most viewers in reality complained about having forced to feel this, or didn't even follow the intentions of the story in the first place, it might have been way too unconventional for its time. Also, seeing as this was intended to be a show broadcasting once a week when it was first aired, I do think that there probably was a better way of giving this to the initial audience.
I personally enjoyed this arc a lot, and thought of it like a piece of contemporary art, but I also do get why this received as much criticism and viewer complaints as it did; I mean, imagine the disappointment when the half of the show that you watch is composed of the same thing.

Thanks for reading this Wall of Text if you did.
Sorry if it was a waste of time for you.
Cadmium_ZeroNov 5, 2015 3:01 AM
Nov 18, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2014
ok watched them but skimmed through
Dec 31, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
Anyone who put this anime as completed on their list and didn't watch the entire endless eight arc is a fucking liar
OrangeJPMay 22, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 15, 2016 7:08 AM
Dec 2014
I marathoned through it... Without sleeping... Read every dialogues, watch every scenes and I can't even begin to discribe how good it felt at episode 8...

Did I do a good job? :D
FloockdeApr 15, 2016 7:11 AM
May 22, 2016 4:04 AM

Jul 2013
OrangeJP said:
Anyone who put this anime as completed on their list and didn't watch the entire endless eight arc is a fucking liar

To be fair, as long as they saw the first episode, any of the middle episodes, and the ending to the last episode then they HAVE seen the entire thing. So they aren't lying :p
SMU_PonyMay 22, 2016 5:28 AM
May 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
Complete trash. I can respect the arc in the same way I can respect someone eating a light bulb. Good job ruining your show. I appreciate the effort, but you still ruined it.

And before anyone smugly says "Well, if you thought it was bad for 8 episodes then imagine how bad it would be to watch it for 500 years like Nagato", you could have had the exact same effect by making the loop 3-4 minutes long and looping it several times an episode. You didn't make me sympathize with Nagato, you just made me give the show a 1.
Jun 6, 2016 8:05 PM

Mar 2015
Ok,, found something good from someone review.

Endless Eight Arc - Enough Said?

The entirety of the season can be summed up almost in much the same way as the first season, so i am going to focus my attention on the Endless Eight arc of this season. This arc seems to be the part most mentioned in reviews and in most cases negatively so. It is also the most prominent memory we have of the season when you mention the 2nd season.

Eight episodes of the same events, over, and over again. Everyone can agree that this was not a cheap measure to save money. since the animation, clothing, and scene of every event were unique to each of the eight episodes. But hatred still seems to fill the hearts of the viewers about this arc.

Indeed it is long and boring over time. But like how FLCL must be completely confusing to get it's point across, so must this be the way of Endless Eight. This arc is the lead up to the movie "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" For those of you who've read the novels or have done your research you should already know this, but if not well now you know. This arc was intended to bore bore you. it was designed to make you angry. But what can you do? you are only the viewer of this show. you can only sit there and hope the next episode will advance the plot. sounding familiar?

if you have not guessed already the main character of this arc is not actually Kyon. Although the show is told through him It's Yuki we should be paying attention to. Ms. Nagato, the alien computer interface placed on earth as an observation tool unaffected by time loops or altered realities. she has the omnipotent power to know all and to do all, the only catch? she cannot do anything. her job is simply to observe and assist when absolutely necessary.

now in order for us to fully understand this we'll also need to understand the philosophy behind Artificial intelligence and how it works. but to keep it simple, intelligence is intelligence. Be it natural or artificial it will learn and develop things called emotions. we are not born with emotions. they are learned, just like data being collected, compiled and processed. It is inappropriate even to call it "excess" data build up. For us humans the compilation of data for emotions happens between age 8 and 18 this is when we try to establish what everything is to us. Yuki has entered as an AI into this stage of her life. and it is a confusing and frustrating time.

now you're angry having to sit through this 8 times. each time is ~25 minutes for us. Now then, lets do the math shall we?(sort of, not really) those 25 minutes each represent in that universe 14 days, an entire 2 weeks. Those two weeks have repeated, in one of the episodes the number was, 15,521 times. Yuki has sat through not only 15,521 episodes, rather she has sat through that many iterations of a 14 day cycle. Imagine how frustrated and angry she must be.

Not only did he anger the fans, it was his exact intention to do so. the same effect cannot have been achieved with 3 or even 5 episodes. If this arc did not completely piss you off it would have failed to deliver the emotions of the characters in the story. Tatsuya Ishihara, i salute you for this bold move.
This salad is salty favored
Jun 14, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
Esper said:
Ok,, found something good from someone review.

Endless Eight Arc - Enough Said?

The entirety of the season can be summed up almost in much the same way as the first season, so i am going to focus my attention on the Endless Eight arc of this season. This arc seems to be the part most mentioned in reviews and in most cases negatively so. It is also the most prominent memory we have of the season when you mention the 2nd season.

Eight episodes of the same events, over, and over again. Everyone can agree that this was not a cheap measure to save money. since the animation, clothing, and scene of every event were unique to each of the eight episodes. But hatred still seems to fill the hearts of the viewers about this arc.

Indeed it is long and boring over time. But like how FLCL must be completely confusing to get it's point across, so must this be the way of Endless Eight. This arc is the lead up to the movie "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" For those of you who've read the novels or have done your research you should already know this, but if not well now you know. This arc was intended to bore bore you. it was designed to make you angry. But what can you do? you are only the viewer of this show. you can only sit there and hope the next episode will advance the plot. sounding familiar?

if you have not guessed already the main character of this arc is not actually Kyon. Although the show is told through him It's Yuki we should be paying attention to. Ms. Nagato, the alien computer interface placed on earth as an observation tool unaffected by time loops or altered realities. she has the omnipotent power to know all and to do all, the only catch? she cannot do anything. her job is simply to observe and assist when absolutely necessary.

now in order for us to fully understand this we'll also need to understand the philosophy behind Artificial intelligence and how it works. but to keep it simple, intelligence is intelligence. Be it natural or artificial it will learn and develop things called emotions. we are not born with emotions. they are learned, just like data being collected, compiled and processed. It is inappropriate even to call it "excess" data build up. For us humans the compilation of data for emotions happens between age 8 and 18 this is when we try to establish what everything is to us. Yuki has entered as an AI into this stage of her life. and it is a confusing and frustrating time.

now you're angry having to sit through this 8 times. each time is ~25 minutes for us. Now then, lets do the math shall we?(sort of, not really) those 25 minutes each represent in that universe 14 days, an entire 2 weeks. Those two weeks have repeated, in one of the episodes the number was, 15,521 times. Yuki has sat through not only 15,521 episodes, rather she has sat through that many iterations of a 14 day cycle. Imagine how frustrated and angry she must be.

Not only did he anger the fans, it was his exact intention to do so. the same effect cannot have been achieved with 3 or even 5 episodes. If this arc did not completely piss you off it would have failed to deliver the emotions of the characters in the story. Tatsuya Ishihara, i salute you for this bold move.

I agree. I felt sorry for Nagato.

And I don't unterstand the dislike for Endless Eight, when there are anime, whose entire premise is some kind of time loop.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 28, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Watched all of them. Tbh I actually liked them.
Jun 28, 2016 8:46 AM

Sep 2015
I honestly thought I was clicking on the same episode, at this time I used to watch anime on YouTube so I had to keep checking the title to make sure I didn't replay an episode. It got a little boring but I mainly had to idea what was going on.
Jun 28, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2014
Kind of liked how the camera angles would still change even if the event was the same, plus the occasional differences were interesting.

But overall it should have been half the length, 1st episode as normal, 2nd episode where they discover the loop, 3rd episode showing the same thing as 2nd episode (basically how episodes 3-7 were), and 4th episode where they break the loop. It still would maintain the same effect, but without KyoAni sucking their own dick as much.
Jul 1, 2016 2:07 AM
May 2016
I know this is an old post and wow im really bored watching them in a row... buuut Steins;Gate is almost annoying as this
Jul 18, 2016 10:03 AM
The White Hope

Dec 2015
Just finished the 2nd season and I've to say: It was the best part of it, imo. :)

~Mirror, tell me something~
Sep 28, 2016 7:26 AM
Aug 2016
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING!?!?! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3 EPISODES TOPS! I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT THEN!
Sep 28, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2016
Absolutely terrible but I still watched the whole thing for whatever reason
And then I watched it again a few months ago.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 10, 2016 10:04 AM
Dec 2016
i fucking waaaaaaaaatched nearly all of em but now im tired what episode does it stop on ughhh
Jan 6, 2017 3:21 AM

Jan 2015
its_just_me_unno said:
i fucking waaaaaaaaatched nearly all of em but now im tired what episode does it stop on ughhh

Season 2, Episode 5 (Episode 19 if you consider the one anime with both seasons :3) :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jan 6, 2017 3:23 AM

Jan 2015
poppyface said:
Absolutely terrible but I still watched the whole thing for whatever reason
And then I watched it again a few months ago.

What do you mean it's really good, although they did the same things over and over again that makes you cheer for them to succeed :3

lol I watched it too ;3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jan 6, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
Coreylordo said:
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING!?!?! THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3 EPISODES TOPS! I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT THEN!

You could have stopped watching it then if you really disliked it so much -w-

You can't please everyone that's a fact :3
UltimateDeathJan 6, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 6, 2017 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
MkayShock said:
Just finished the 2nd season and I've to say: It was the best part of it, imo. :)

Good for you ;3
Remember to watch the movie it's really great ;3

Jan 11, 2017 2:12 AM

Aug 2016
Spend 3 minutes on each episode after the second one... (so I basically skipped 90% of the episode)..

This arc should have been around 3 episodes, 4 at maximum.
Feb 12, 2017 11:59 PM
Jan 2017
Come on 8 of the same episode. Two times was enough for me. I honestly skipped through all the rest. Why did they even put that in?
Apr 30, 2017 4:16 PM
Apr 2017
I feel kinda bad for the people that waited (lets say a week) for each episode, even though those eight episodes are the same. I'm watching this anime after it's already over so I don't have to wait for each episode.
May 18, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2017
I'm new to anime and this would be my second randomly chosen series to watch after finishing Tales of Zesteria. I ran across this last night and binged through all 8 episodes.

I liked this in part because it reminded me of one of my favorite Star Trek TNG episodes "Cause and Effect" where the Enterprise was stuck in a Causality Loop and they had to figure out what to do differently to get out of it. I was excited, it was the exact same thing.

I hated this mostly because nothing really changed until the 8th episode, and this reminded me of annoying Seth McFarlane tropes of running so-so jokes far into the ground, past the molten lava of the Earth's core underground.

I mean, I kept waiting for Kyon to piece something slowly together over the course of 8 episodes. They had so many opportunities to, he always noticed Nagato looking bored, he always watched her buy the mask, he always almost talked to her about something, he always had that somber realization that she had endured 15k repetitions of the past two weeks...I felt like the writers were dangling that carrot out in front of us and they never did anything with it. Every episode ended the same, with no progress to finding the truth.

And then in the last moments of episode 8 the reveal, which was one of my guesses going back to probably episode 3 or 4, was brought on suddenly, even throughout episode 8 they never really explain Kyon's thought process that led him to this solution.

So my opinion is this could have been done alot better. 8 episodes could feel like trolling, but it could also serve to give the viewer a small taste of the experience the time loop caused, reinforcing it. But to make no progress up until the last moments of episode 8 was disappointing, because unlike the characters except for Nagato, at least they couldn't remember watching the last 7 episodes.

Jun 16, 2017 11:39 AM

May 2014
Got through 5, 3 more to go (although I assume episode 8 is finally different). I was contemplating fast forwarding through these next 2, but I'm just gonna watch it properly at this point.

This is pretty insane tho lol. I get it- I feel trapped with them and the despair-inducingness of this would make Monokuma proud... but like 8 episodes worth is WAY too much. If you wanna do something like this, hell 3 repeats would have been overkill. I mean, they don't even make the slightest bit of minimal progress towards getting out the loop each episode to give SOME feeling of progression. Not the slightest damn bit lol.

It's weird, idk how it will/should effect my view/rating of the series at the end because (and I really enjoy the show so far) and if it continues to be great and wraps up satisfyingly to me, am I going to have to just ignore that I kinda hated a significant chunk of episodes haha?
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

293 by AbrahamGAGA2002 »»
Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

204 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 6, 9:44 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1540 by nicosb2810 »»
Jun 5, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.