Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 14, 2011 6:09 AM

Nov 2009
LOVEEE IIIIIIIIIIT <333333333333333333333333333
OMG! Aria and Kinji kissed FINALLY!
I paused the anime in this scene and started jumping around my room. xD
This episode was too perfect and too many scenes of Aria X Kinji! *-*
I need ep 6! <3
Oh, and I hate Riko! e__e '
May 14, 2011 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
HsXIII said:
Am I the only who think that the series is getting more and more dumb?

Riko uses her strange hair for some combat action, then uses her uniform as parachute.
The EU ist firing missiles to destroy the plane? The EU? WTF?
Aria is related to Sherlock Holmes? *Of course, what else....*
At the end, the way too often used scene: "You have a girl with you? I won't forgive you. *slash* ".

I gave 8/10 for the first episode, but now it's getting worse and worse. If it continues like this, it will be a 4/10-score. I feel pity for the series. ^^

Well thankfully i didn't expect much anyways. From the moment you see some big eye loli shouting pervert and a guy like that you know it's not exactly gonna be a masterpiece.
This show is stupid and without much script quality but it's not bad for some time killing and that's how i see it.
The crazy staff and inconsistencies are out of proportion really. Most crazy for me was the fact that they managed to put huge lights and form a corridor in a desolated area in 10 minutes.
WTF 10 minutes shouldn't be enough even to get there. That shit needs a few hours to be done. The way the JSDF aborted their plans was ridiculous too.
A loli is saved from a gunshot wound by a needle shot directly through the heart o_0 WTF? .
Missiles surgely removing engines, helicopter jumping.
Hell, when making your school uniform into a parachute, seems to be the most believable thing shown, you know craziness is unfolding.

In general you can write a book with the stupidities of this show so just watch it without thinking too much. The problem is that i have the feeling the creators really think they are making a decent show and not something that you need to switch your brain off to enjoy and that the problem with it.
MonadMay 14, 2011 3:02 PM
May 14, 2011 6:26 AM

Jul 2010
wow that was....horrible.this is even worse than shakugan no shana.holy cow.and the subs:"bakakinji" - "TL note: baka means stupid"..wtf?stupid weeaboo subs.
May 14, 2011 8:27 AM
Apr 2011
could have been SO much better..
~_~
i'm happy about the kiss but that's as far as it goes..
May 14, 2011 8:34 AM

Nov 2008
KaitoDash said:
DenjaX said:
Who's this girl and what was she doing?:

^I suppose she is Reki, the sniper girl but idk what was she doing in there. XDD
Follow the LN, she's said to stand there reading wind. Together, they were calculating how long the runway they will need under those conditions.
^Ahh that would make sense, thank you. I was worried if she was planning something evil. I don't want another sudden psycho transformation like Riko >.>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 14, 2011 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
i was actually disappointed with the ep. the pacing and everything felt way too disjointed...things didnt transition well, and the "sentimental" moments were hardly such..

the only good thing about this ep was.

the OP
the ED
and shirayuki going yandere at the end

the rest of the ep was very subpar...and i had high hopes for the series. i def wont drop it, since im a tsundere fanboy...
May 14, 2011 8:51 AM

Oct 2010
Don't you guys think the idea of the light were arranged to form a aeroplane railway similar to one of the Detective Conan's movie scene?
Signature Removed
May 14, 2011 9:07 AM

Sep 2010
best episode so far from the series, just really great.
seeing the original post, a bit sad the kiss wasnt so deeply done :(, but i guess they didnt have time for that.

also the opening music, which was also used in the episode itselfs is really really awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2011 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
groundfish said:
Don't you guys think the idea of the light were arranged to form a aeroplane railway similar to one of the Detective Conan's movie scene?
Now I lucky. There's someone think exactly me.
For me, I actually think that the LN author intentionally mimic the scene out of Conan.
May 14, 2011 9:37 AM
Feb 2011
Monad said:

Most crazy for me was the fact that they managed to put huge lights and form a corridor in a desolated area in 10 minutes.
WTF 10 minutes shouldn't be enough even to get there. That shits needs a few hours to be done.

From Baka-Tsuki:
A light suddenly appeared on "Empty Island", right in front of the Rainbow Bridge...!
"Kinji! Can you see, you bastard!"
The line with Muto came back to life, and we could hear the pattering sound of heavy rain through it.
"Muto!?"
"If I let you die, Shira...no, people will cry for your soul! I hijacked the biggest motorboat in Logi! And everybody willingly gave up their Amdo issue flashlights! You're going to have to write disciplinary reports for all of us!"
Following his voice, a connection suddenly interrupted the one between Muto and I, two connections, three...several connections linked with ours.
"Kinji!" "We can see the plane!" "Just a little bit more!" "Come on, you can do it!"
The me in Hysteria Mode, could understand.
These voices.
It's them.
The classmates that we saved during the bus-jacking--!!
They came from Academy Island to Empty Island, and used their flashlights to act as landing lights for us!
--Butei Law article 1. Believe in your comrades and help each other--
I slowly reduced our altitude, going towards the flat surface they had prepared for me!

(Personally I believe it was better in the LN than the anime. All those searchlights made me go "What?! How?!". I liked the idea of all the students they saved rushing over there and using their flashlights to make a runway.
Drago643May 14, 2011 9:42 AM
May 14, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2009
love that kiss scene,

I always wait to more action scene in this anime, I am satisfied with this episode xD

I lol-ed at the TL-note...what kind of note is that --;

shiroto said:
wow that was....horrible.this is even worse than shakugan no shana.holy cow.and the subs:"bakakinji" - "TL note: baka means stupid"..wtf?stupid weeaboo subs.

this
"Miracles isn't something that just happen. You have to make it happen"

May 14, 2011 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
vanhossen said:

WTF!!! I can't see Aria's face, damn it.
May 14, 2011 10:27 AM

Sep 2010
vanhossen said:

shiroto said:

this

Instead of whining about the series, how about finding some decent subbers first.
my version had no tl notes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2011 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
Cool episode.

Hoping in the future episodes there'll be more characters introduced from the LN.
May 14, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2009
This show tries to be cool but fails epicly in all possible way. The subs are more entertaining than the show itself~ gg <3
How the hell did the bullet hole on Aria's shirt disappear suddenly?
Aria leave already >.>
May 14, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Drago643 said:

(Personally I believe it was better in the LN than the anime. All those searchlights made me go "What?! How?!". I liked the idea of all the students they saved rushing over there and using their flashlights to make a runway.

Flashlights?!!! those are mighty big pockets they have.
May 14, 2011 12:08 PM
Aug 2007
I LOOOOO~VE Yandere Riko !
May 14, 2011 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
A loli is saved from a gunshot wound by a needle shot directly through the heart o_0 WTF?
That's because she never got the bullet through only a major shock. These uniforms look to withstand even armour piercing rounds. Anyway the shot was some sort of adrenalin that kick started the heart again.
Monad said:
Missiles surgically removing engines
No, again they were a type of homing missile of heat seekers. The whole thing was to make things difficult. If they wanted to, they would have killed them.
KaitoDash said:
vanhossen said:

Terrbile subs are to be avoided and I do so.
Monad said:
Drago643 said:

Flashlights?!!! those are mighty big pockets they have.
Indeed and that is a screw up. They should have made it into flash lights.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 14, 2011 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I agree but the fact comes back in this episode that F-15 are obsolete. I mean come on, this way past our time into the future. Japan should have had at least super Hornets. It was a shame the author did not incorporate something more modern was my point of this episode.

The MIG-29 is a fighter far better than the Eagle in the fact that it can fly higher and manoeuvres better around than the Eagle. What you are mentioning is the SU line which is multi/role not MIGs. Their main role is fighters.
I think your underestimating the F-15 here it entered service in 1976 and i agree that's a long time but like Brickbreak mentioned it's still a pretty modern jet fighter that has been constantly improved.
It's actually considered such a modern jet fighter that the US air force is expecting it to remain in service till 2025.
So it would not be weird for Japan to keep them in service for some time as well, especially considering the state of there current economy which suffered badly from the credit crunch and the recent earthquake and Tsunami.
Tho i did read somewhere that Japan was thinking about replacing some of there jet fighters and that they where showing interest in the F-22 or the F-35.
Tho i think they will first replace the F-4's before they start replacing there F-15's.
I also doubt that they would consider the F-18 as a possible contender since the F-18 is a forth generation jet fighter and the F-22 and F-35 or fifth generation jet fighters.
The most modern jet fighter currently in use of the Japanese Air Self Defense Force is the Mitsubishi F-2 which is a 4.5 generation jet fighter.

About a fight between a F-15 and a F-22.
F-15 are forth generation jet fighters F-22 are fifth generation jet fighters.
The difference between forth and fifth generation jet fighters is there computer system which gives the pilot more accurate information about what's happening around him and which helps to control the aircraft allot better no matter the circumstances.
And stealth even when the aircraft is armed.
And the price tag which is on average 100 million dollars per aircraft. (Tho the F-22 where allot more expensive considering the amount of money that was spent on the project and the number of aircraft build)
Both the F-15 and the F-22 where build for air superiority and despite it's long carrier the F-15 never lost in a dogfight. (According to my information at least)
When it comes down to it tho it depends on the pilots which aircraft will win but the F-22 will have to advantage in age and technology.
May 14, 2011 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
Riko is the best character of this show. MAGICAL HAIR AND UNIFORM PARACHUTE, NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT.

But my God, this show is so stupid. It's so ridiculously bad that it's kinda good.
And I hope Aria's bitch personality's gone for good now.

BELIEVE IN YOUR NAKAMA
TL-Note: Nakama is an extremely complicated and utterly mystical Japanese word that baka gaijin cannot hope to understand.

-Sora- said:

She is NOT a yandere, she's a yangire.
God, people really need to learn the difference between the two.
May 14, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2010
UNIFORM PARACHUTE, NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT

when i saw that, i was like "wtf that was pro!"
May 14, 2011 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
-Sora- said:

So what is the difference of yangire and yandere? Why would Riko fit in the yangire section?

May 14, 2011 2:05 PM

Dec 2010
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I agree but the fact comes back in this episode that F-15 are obsolete. I mean come on, this way past our time into the future. Japan should have had at least super Hornets. It was a shame the author did not incorporate something more modern was my point of this episode.

The MIG-29 is a fighter far better than the Eagle in the fact that it can fly higher and manoeuvres better around than the Eagle. What you are mentioning is the SU line which is multi/role not MIGs. Their main role is fighters.
I think your underestimating the F-15 here it entered service in 1976 and i agree that's a long time but like Brickbreak mentioned it's still a pretty modern jet fighter that has been constantly improved.
It's actually considered such a modern jet fighter that the US air force is expecting it to remain in service till 2025.
So it would not be weird for Japan to keep them in service for some time as well, especially considering the state of there current economy which suffered badly from the credit crunch and the recent earthquake and Tsunami.
Tho i did read somewhere that Japan was thinking about replacing some of there jet fighters and that they where showing interest in the F-22 or the F-35.
Tho i think they will first replace the F-4's before they start replacing there F-15's.
I also doubt that they would consider the F-18 as a possible contender since the F-18 is a forth generation jet fighter and the F-22 and F-35 or fifth generation jet fighters.
The most modern jet fighter currently in use of the Japanese Air Self Defense Force is the Mitsubishi F-2 which is a 4.5 generation jet fighter.

About a fight between a F-15 and a F-22.
F-15 are forth generation jet fighters F-22 are fifth generation jet fighters.
The difference between forth and fifth generation jet fighters is there computer system which gives the pilot more accurate information about what's happening around him and which helps to control the aircraft allot better no matter the circumstances.
And stealth even when the aircraft is armed.
And the price tag which is on average 100 million dollars per aircraft. (Tho the F-22 where allot more expensive considering the amount of money that was spent on the project and the number of aircraft build)
Both the F-15 and the F-22 where build for air superiority and despite it's long carrier the F-15 never lost in a dogfight. (According to my information at least)
When it comes down to it tho it depends on the pilots which aircraft will win but the F-22 will have to advantage in age and technology.

Japan will not be buying anything any time soon. The F-2's were a financial disaster: it's not that it's bad, it's actually a decent fighter, but 94M$ per unit is absolutely ridiculous, considering it makes it the most expensive non-stealth fighter in the world, a position it definitely does not hold in terms of effectiveness. So they'll be quite cautious of any future purchase.

This is just speculation, but I'm not seeing them buying anything soon. The DJ's and Viper Zeros, despite their flaws, will cover them for years to come. A Super Hornet (not even going t consider regular hornets), or anything available on the market, to be honest, isn't worth putting money down for it, apart from a stealth. They tried the Raptors, but the US are keeping them restricted, and they haven't entered the JSF program.

However, they are developing their own: the Mistubishi ATD-X. However, it's just a tech demonstrator, pending further developments.

We are way off-topic here, though. But I will admit that most of this discussion was my fault: the general thought seems to be that Aria is set in the near future, while I thought it was in the present day. Oh well.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

May 14, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
STM said:
-Sora- said:

So what is the difference of yangire and yandere? Why would Riko fit in the yangire section?
Yandere and Yangire are more or less the same, except that Yangire has nothing to do with love or attraction.
So Riko might be classified as Yangire.

Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
A loli is saved from a gunshot wound by a needle shot directly through the heart o_0 WTF?
That's because she never got the bullet through only a major shock. These uniforms look to withstand even armour piercing rounds. Anyway the shot was some sort of adrenalin that kick started the heart again.
Well, I don't think the uniforms are that awesome. If you get armour piercing bullet, you'll die.
But no, in this case the bullet didn't pierce her. So you're right, let's say it's just a major shock. JC screwed up the plot anyway.

Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
vanhossen said:

Yes, I'm going with RAW or UTW too.
May 14, 2011 3:01 PM
Aug 2009
I laughed very hard at that translater note in the post above mine.

This episode left a ton to be desired for those that had read the novels, so I was pretty disappointed. Worst part in my view, the end with Shirayuki, she's WAY more menacing in the novels (whereas here it just looked like she was throwing a fit).

To the people with the Yangire vs Yandere arguement on Riko, she's neither, you'll find that out pretty quickly if you read volume 3. Her "Evil Riko" is only reserved for Aria. Now Shirayuki on the otherhand..... I REALLY hope they don't continue to mess up her character up, because she is VERY Yandere. In the spoiler is her plan for Kinji:

I really hope they get at least the beginning part of next weeks episode right, cause if it's just Shirayuki throwing a fit like the end of this one I'll be quite pissed.
May 14, 2011 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
KaitoDash said:
vanhossen said:
Yes, I'm going with RAW or UTW too.
Everyone in this thread is in denial. You all know gg's trollsubs are full of win.
Besides, I wouldn't mind moar TL-notes if they cover Aria all the time.
Yes, the subs make the show more somewhat enjoyable. It was the same with CoalGuys' subs back in B Gata H Kei.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 14, 2011 4:08 PM

Dec 2010
Oosran said:
Everyone in this thread is in denial. You all know gg's trollsubs are full of win.
Yes, the subs make the show more somewhat enjoyable. It was the same with CoalGuys' subs back in B Gata H Kei.
I'm all for some trolling.

So long as things remain readable and watchable.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

May 14, 2011 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
The pacing is a little too fast though.
May 14, 2011 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
Ikano said:
So Kinji WAS in hysteria mode the whole time?

I couldn't really tell besides him cutting that bullet while having that 'taunting' smile on his face and then calling Riko "a cute squirrel"
....and that's a major bummer cuz I find the extreme differentiation between normal and hysteria mode Kinji so amusing/interesting and (as lame as it may sound) currently the main reason I watch this show.

So this episode is a let down for me since they downplayed it....and hope it isn't downplayed like this for the rest of the series....(cuz Aria doesn't have an interesting personality/quirk/etc that's making me interested enough in watching the show just for her)...otherwise I may just drop...

He was in hysteria mode from the moment of the kiss until after they landed the plane. It doesn't just improve him as a fighter. It also improves his capacity for rational thought.

Kinji took out some gun toting segways, but from what I can gather he's not really a prime fighter even with hysteria mode. It only multiplies his abilities, and his fighting abilities are very poor to begin with. His main strength is intellect.

It wasn't "Downplayed". He was just against an S(or A, can't remember which) rank Butei instead of some remote control segways, thus he relied on his enhanced intellect rather than choosing to fight her head to head.

Personally, I approve of this. We already have Aria as the combat expert. If Kinji had surpassed her in combat every time he went hysteric it would have been redundant and made her unnecessary.

Even if you go back to episode one, Kinji didn't out-combat aria. He outsmarted her. Planned a couple steps ahead and allowed her to trip over herself in her emotional state. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if Kinji fought aria head to head is a sheer display of skill, hysteria or not Kinji would lose.

Which is how it should be. Otherwise what should be a partnership becomes a sidekick situation akin to Dick Grayson in the early comics, spending more time getting kidnapped and causing trouble than actually contributing, or a glorified cheerleading squad like in Yugioh. With Shonen action it's not exactly uncommon to just phase out the other character(s) entirely to the point that they're just awed onlookers while the badass main does everything.

Yumekichi11 said:

Military shit be expensive. Unless you're a militant nation your stuff's gonna be a little out of date. I'm sure the United States has all sorts of nasty planes, as would North Korea and other such nations who's military is blatantly huge and intimidating.

Last I heard, Japan wasn't such a nation. Even the Anime that portray it as having a crazy awesome military tend to lean towards outlandish fictional tech and the supernatural. It seems here that Japan has a perfectly respectable military. It's a perfectly respectable plane that gets the job done. Still, to just say "Get with the times" kind of reveals a lack of understanding of the entire issue. This isn't just some Ipod you're gonna upgrade every time a new one comes out. It's not a toy, it's a tool, and it does what it's supposed to do. There might be better tools out there, but we got an economy to look after, and there aren't any wars in the horrizon that have been mentioned in show.

Heck, speaking reasonably, even if they had the bitching top of the line plane at their disposal (and I suppose theoretically they might), they wouldn't pull it out just to shoot down some damaged commercial airplane. That's way more than is required of the situation. It's a freaking passenger plane with two busted engines. No one's pulling out the newer models for this guy.

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about specific models for planes, but I can understand having out of date military equipment. I'm Canadian. We're not exactly known as a military superpower these days. I can also understand that if I were in the position of deploying the aircraft to take down a damaged passenger plane I'd probably just use whatever could get there on time. No reason to put the big nasty war machine through wear and tear for a job like this. Not unless I just want someone to get some field practice with the machine.

Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

Yep. The good ol' addrenelin shot. No idea if it works in real life, but it's got a history in everything from spy movies to action flicks to pulp fiction. Think I might have seen it in a post apocalypse somewhere, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. Always has to go directly to the heart. Time is of the essence. Can't wait for it to work it's way from a blood vessel over. Once again, have no idea if that's a real thing or not, I just know that's how it's done in the movies.

Regarding the uniform this looks like a bullet wound to me. We didn't see it come out the other side, but it certainly seems to have made an entrance wound. I'm thinking that it couldn't handle a point blank shot. She did have it pressed right into her when she shot.

However, you'll notice that in the next scene the wound is completely absent, which is odd, because even if it was superficial damage to the uniform it wouldn't just heal. Thoughts? Continuity error, or a nanotech suit capable of self repair? Did Aria actually receive a bullet wound or not?
May 14, 2011 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:

I do not think "troll" and "win" should ever be in the same sentence. >_> Ever.

The show doesn't need trolled to be more enjoyable. I remember watching episodes of Code Geass that had trollsubs too. Although the anime was still translated properly, the group kept adding stupid little comments in between the sentences and it was the most distracting and irritating thing I'd ever seen in a subbed anime.
Seriously, troll subs=ANNOYING. T_T

However, you'll notice that in the next scene the wound is completely absent, which is odd, because even if it was superficial damage to the uniform it wouldn't just heal.

*facepalms JC Staff*
You guys.
Really? XD;

May 14, 2011 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode...

That was awesome!!!!

http://blog.draggle.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/aria_05_5.png

Ok... maybe only this^ XD

but supposed be more Echhi by the manga, where is it??

May 15, 2011 1:03 AM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
What the fuck? Uniform parachute? LOLWUT? God this show is so ridiculously bad.

I agree with most of the things you say, however I don't think it's that bad...

Yes it's FUCKING ridiculous to a new level of Deux Ex Machina and ULTIMATE HAX that I don't think I've ever seen before.

Seriously....NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING makes sense in this show....

They don't follow ANY RULES whatsoever.....in regards to gravity, nature, and for that matter physics, time and space....LOL.

However, having said all of that, it's still somewhat entertaining, and I do want to see what happens next.

Also....FUCK YOU GG, NO!!!, you're not funny and your retarded troll antics are annoying and not appreciated by anyone.

I swear, I'm never downloading from GG again.....FUCKING RETARDS!!!
May 15, 2011 1:58 AM
Apr 2011
Lol Sherlock Holmes, so fucking stupid.
May 15, 2011 4:31 AM

Mar 2011
Mehh, they sure dragged out landing the plane ffs.
May 15, 2011 4:51 AM

Apr 2010
BrickBreak said:

Japan will not be buying anything any time soon. The F-2's were a financial disaster: it's not that it's bad, it's actually a decent fighter, but 94M$ per unit is absolutely ridiculous, considering it makes it the most expensive non-stealth fighter in the world, a position it definitely does not hold in terms of effectiveness. So they'll be quite cautious of any future purchase.

This is just speculation, but I'm not seeing them buying anything soon. The DJ's and Viper Zeros, despite their flaws, will cover them for years to come. A Super Hornet (not even going t consider regular hornets), or anything available on the market, to be honest, isn't worth putting money down for it, apart from a stealth. They tried the Raptors, but the US are keeping them restricted, and they haven't entered the JSF program.

However, they are developing their own: the Mistubishi ATD-X. However, it's just a tech demonstrator, pending further developments.

We are way off-topic here, though. But I will admit that most of this discussion was my fault: the general thought seems to be that Aria is set in the near future, while I thought it was in the present day. Oh well.
It's suppose to take place in the near future and judging by the cars on the landing strip which where Suzuki Wagon R's it will most likely be 5 to 10 years from now.
Since it's currently the best selling car in Japan.
And there are several other things suggesting it doesn't take place to far in the future.
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Military shit be expensive. Unless you're a militant nation your stuff's gonna be a little out of date. I'm sure the United States has all sorts of nasty planes, as would North Korea and other such nations who's military is blatantly huge and intimidating.

Last I heard, Japan wasn't such a nation. Even the Anime that portray it as having a crazy awesome military tend to lean towards outlandish fictional tech and the supernatural. It seems here that Japan has a perfectly respectable military. It's a perfectly respectable plane that gets the job done. Still, to just say "Get with the times" kind of reveals a lack of understanding of the entire issue. This isn't just some Ipod you're gonna upgrade every time a new one comes out. It's not a toy, it's a tool, and it does what it's supposed to do. There might be better tools out there, but we got an economy to look after, and there aren't any wars in the horrizon that have been mentioned in show.

Heck, speaking reasonably, even if they had the bitching top of the line plane at their disposal (and I suppose theoretically they might), they wouldn't pull it out just to shoot down some damaged commercial airplane. That's way more than is required of the situation. It's a freaking passenger plane with two busted engines. No one's pulling out the newer models for this guy.

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about specific models for planes, but I can understand having out of date military equipment. I'm Canadian. We're not exactly known as a military superpower these days. I can also understand that if I were in the position of deploying the aircraft to take down a damaged passenger plane I'd probably just use whatever could get there on time. No reason to put the big nasty war machine through wear and tear for a job like this. Not unless I just want someone to get some field practice with the machine.
I agree with you sending your most advanced jet fighter to bring guide a unarmed passenger jet seems a to much.
It's like sending a tank after a shoplifter.

About Japan's military power.
There might not be a war on the horizon but don't forget that Japan has some constant threats around it with North Korea and China.
So having respectable military power is no luxury for them.
Besides who know what will happen in the future even the near future.
May 15, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2009
This was the best episode so far. 5/5. Show: 10/10.
The ending was epic and so sweet.
あらあら。。。
May 15, 2011 12:26 PM

Oct 2009
BrickBreak, was pretty interesting reading all dat stuff. Also, 2014 - waiting for Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin ^_^
あらあら。。。
May 15, 2011 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
alexcampos said:

They don't follow ANY RULES whatsoever.....in regards to gravity, nature, and for that matter physics, time and space....LOL.

Just like good old American action movies. 8D

May 15, 2011 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
Chiibi said:
alexcampos said:

Just like good old American action movies. 8D

I'm actually convinced that action movies just operate on their own physics engine;)

May 15, 2011 9:18 PM

Jan 2009
It was an alright episode but wut got me most was the censors, if Aria was wearing a bra why did they censor some parts? I mean wuts the point....lol
May 15, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
BrickBreak said:
Oosran said:
I'm all for some trolling.

So long as things remain readable and watchable.

The show isn't watchable without gg's subs, which makes your point moot! :D

I'm actually thinking about picking this show back up just because of these subs.
May 16, 2011 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
Wow beginning totally ruined the buildup from last episode. Bad first kiss too as it was way too sudden and felt meaningless.

Lol Riko's clothes were her parachute?

Two missles hit each of the airplane's wing respectively - yet plane flies? Hmmm..ok.

It was pretty dramatic what Mutou did to help Kinji and Aria. Too bad we didn't get to see the actual landing.

Whaaatt???? Are pigs flying?!? Aria won't call Kinji her slave anymore??!!! Whaattt?! This is ludacris. No way...

Omfg the ending was my favorite. Shirayuki comes out of nowhere with a sword going psycho! Awesome.

May 16, 2011 12:54 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
Yes indeed it is.
Gangler said:
Well said, I do agree with this concept of how the author might have though and also in the guns as in Berettas and 1911s do the job right and is all that is needed. My point was that if you fall behind then so does your defence. It would have been far better to have something realistic more advance such as the F-18 Super Hornet. I would have put a MIG-37. That looks cool and would show that Japan when in the future, sides with Russia. After all their country is far close to Japan.
Gangler said:
Yes, situation wise you got me on that one for sure.
Gangler said:
I am Canadian too and we did upgrades point being is that in Aria they used it most likely for the purpose you outlined that I agree but being in the future it does not seems reassuring to me anything other than we still keep old stuff as long as we can use them.
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

Gangler said:
Yep. The good ol' addrenelin shot. No idea if it works in real life, but it's got a history in everything from spy movies to action flicks to pulp fiction. Think I might have seen it in a post apocalypse somewhere, but I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. Always has to go directly to the heart. Time is of the essence. Can't wait for it to work it's way from a blood vessel over. Once again, have no idea if that's a real thing or not, I just know that's how it's done in the movies.
Yes it is the one because notice how pumped up Aria was? She would go after Riko right away not even caring about her unbuttoned shirt so yeah it's the real deal. The heart thing is like you mentioned direct effect and fast!

Gangler said:
Regarding the uniform this looks like a bullet wound to me. We didn't see it come out the other side, but it certainly seems to have made an entrance wound. I'm thinking that it couldn't handle a point blank shot. She did have it pressed right into her when she shot.

However, you'll notice that in the next scene the wound is completely absent, which is odd, because even if it was superficial damage to the uniform it wouldn't just heal. Thoughts? Continuity error, or a nanotech suit capable of self repair? Did Aria actually receive a bullet wound or not?
Most likely continuity error.

May 16, 2011 1:02 AM

Sep 2008
People keep saying this is the future. I'd actually assumed it to be an alternate japan with a different set of problems and where technology has developed in a different direction. For example, they have more compact and flexible kevlar than is currently affordable on the market, but the cell phones are clunky beasts that would have been out of date five years ago. Stuff like that. Am I alone in this, because the future thing is getting pretty prevalent and I just don't see it.
May 16, 2011 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
People keep saying this is the future. I'd actually assumed it to be an alternate japan with a different set of problems and where technology has developed in a different direction. For example, they have more compact and flexible kevlar than is currently affordable on the market, but the cell phones are clunky beasts that would have been out of date five years ago. Stuff like that. Am I alone in this, because the future thing is getting pretty prevalent and I just don't see it.
Hard to see it as a alternate Gangler because there are too many realistic things in all this.

I though about this and must say that the author meant to show a future where Japan finally improves its justice because it sucks right now. In fact Japan does not have anything near FBI equivalent. This episode proves that FBIs are Buteis in the future from the action and equivalent. Now they just need to duplicate Kinji's and Aria's powers.

May 16, 2011 1:20 AM

Sep 2008
You don't have to change a lot to make an alternate japan. In fact, ideally you shouldn't, otherwise there would be no reason to call it Japan.

For example the Read or Die series takes place in an alternate England. About all they changed is the degree to which genetic engineering had been developed, t gave the library a secret task force, slightly altered the political layout in accordance with this and put together a couple miscellaneous technological developments which would reasonably happen if genetic engineering progressed to such a point. Just like that we have our same England, but with a different set of problems and the potential for new and exciting adventures.

It seems like it could just as easily be a Japan where they chose to improve their law enforcement methods twenty years ago (or however long ago the Buteis were formed) and the technological developments we're seeing are what happened because of that.
May 16, 2011 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
Gangler is right, Yumekichi. It is clearly stated somewhere around Vol 4-5 of the LN that the series takes place in Japan, 2009.
Alternate Japan/World is the right way to describe it.

BTW, I checked the episode list. Looks like we'll have only 3 episodes for Shirayuki. Well, not surprised. Shirayuki's arc doesn't have too much detail.
KaitoDashMay 16, 2011 2:46 AM
May 16, 2011 2:35 AM

Jan 2010
This anime is getting more ridiculous by the episode. I don't even feel like pointing out all the unrealistic and down right weird stuff...
May 16, 2011 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
KaitoDash said:
Gangler is right, Yumekichi. It is clearly stated somewhere around Vol 4-5 of the LN that the series takes place in Japan, 2009.
Alternate Japan/World is the right way to describe it.

BTW, I checked the episode list. Looks like we'll have only 3 episodes for Shirayuki. Well, not surprised. Shirayuki's arc doesn't have too much detail.

Sweet! Glad I could get that confirmed. Thanks for the info^^
May 16, 2011 3:06 AM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
It's official, School uniforms can be used as a parachute,
Is not that cool! Amazing really that it is that useful.
Hoppy said:
Kinji making out with Aria for hysteria mode is pure class.
I still think the manga was more classy in fact way more but at least the adaptation was not disappointing.
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Sadly the answer is the manga version was way better. It felt like it was a little too rushed that part but Shirayuki's part was good except again I think it was rushed and of course fuck the damn stupid censors of Aria but guess what you can still some of Aria's chest charms in the spoiler
Agreed. They kissed better in Manga than Anime, and better in LN than Manga. Kinji narrated its taste thoroughly.
Oh please put the quote of that in here for people to have a triple comparing since I have both versions already it would contribute greatly my friend.
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
and is that a F-18 in the spoiler?
It's F-15 Eagle from the Military of Defense.
F-15? Man, that's old for the time frame of this series. I though they would have the F-18s at least. Damn USA restricting Japanese power!

Uhm F-15's are still the Standard Air to Air fighter, least the F-15C is. The F-18 is more of a multi-role aircraft. It's just glorified because of films like Independance Day using them as the USAF Poster child.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.