Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 17, 2021 4:09 AM

Jan 2017
Yup Mai's backstory was really sad, very unfortunate that the school was built on the same field that Mai used to play on

The "Mai was making the demons to cope with her lost friend" twist was really good, understandable usage of the supernatural here
Dec 19, 2021 5:28 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, I didn't see that twist coming. I always thought people accusing Mai of being responsible for all this chaos were in the wrong, but turns out they weren't. Poor girl was stuck in some delusion, actually I can even go as far as saying that was psychosis, that's so sad, especially when you think about how she hurt Sayuri, not just once but twice. But this twist definitely explained her mental state, she always seemed so strong yet so fragile, her suicide attempts being the biggest proof. But now that she has Yuuichi, I hope she'll really come to accept who she is and will be able to move on, she deserves it.

Even if I liked Makoto's arc, so far this one is my favorite ! The story was very touching, and I liked Mai a lot (surprisingly because usually, kuuderes like her aren't a type of characters I really enjoy, but she is too good of a character to ignore), plus her theme is truly beautiful, very fitting for her character, I'm gonna miss hearing it now.
Also, I'm glad no one died this time ! I still miss Makoto so losing someone else would've been heartbreaking. And it was nice to get a backstory for Sayuri, I was afraid she would just be "Mai's friend" but she was a good character on her own (though it's a real shame she didn't get to give the plushie to Mai).

I guess the next arc will be about Shiori ? I'm curious about her, so let's go ! Though I wonder how many episodes the remaining arcs will last, there's not enough episodes for them to be as long as Makoto's and Mai's (unless Nayuki doesn't have one but that would be surprising), so I hope it won't be too rushed.

Just one last thing : I already guessed it before, but now the show being about people feeling abandoned/waiting endlessly for someone dear to them is 100% confirmed, but so far, Yuuichi always seems to be the one accidentally abandoning others (it was the case for Makoto and Mai, apparently also the case for Ayu, and Nayuki always seems hurt when he forgets to come), I wonder if this will be the case for Shiori as well and furthermore, I wonder how all this will come to explain his amnesia.
FafetteDec 19, 2021 5:32 AM
Feb 14, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2020
Of course Yuuichi was that one friend Mai mentioned in those earlier episodes, as if I was expecting someone else. Also those demons being Mai's delusion all along... well whatever floats the boat.

That Mai attempting suicide part felt a bit cheap, so as an episode will take that last one of Makoto's arc over this but as a whole, this arc over Makoto's one any day.
Honestly not a fan of either of those, but still have to make a choice.
Feb 22, 2023 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
So Mai was living in a dream of her younger self? This was a CRAZY episode. 
May 16, 2023 7:53 PM

Nov 2019
awesome episode, Mai is a great character.
Aug 14, 2023 8:45 AM

Nov 2010
People always have a weak constitution in this show—so many hospitalizations.

Ah, that explains the "demons" they're fighting and why they only attack the school campus, and it's always causing damage to that school. Interesting twist.

I was surprised when Mai suddenly stabbed herself. While I'm glad she survived, it would've made more impact if she died.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.