Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 2011 2:20 PM

Jan 2010
My reaction at the end of the show

this show was stupid. The harem ending was okay, but the main character pissed me off because he was a pure idiot.

4/10 -> 5/10
Jan 6, 2011 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
8/10 -> 7/10
The last episode killed me(( Kio is super idiot, slowpoke (( There isn't enough words to explain how stupid he is)
And this captain's bell freaking me out...It was a problem to build a spaceship(with it's all systems,computer and other), but no problem to change DNA - hell yeah he knows Katia DNA Formula! The whole idea sucks(
I think that authors should have release 24-episodes serial to explain everything more carefully without such paradoxes...

But aside this problems, I kinda like this anime)

Some userbars:

My Badges:
Jan 17, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
Daidragon1990 said:

lol :D
DodaraJan 17, 2011 6:16 PM
Mar 14, 2011 7:05 AM
Jan 2008
Does someone come across the mind that Jens the Dogisian looks very similar to Lighting of Final Fantasy 13?
Mar 21, 2011 2:22 AM
Jan 2009
Interestingly enough I actually enjoyed this series alot despite the crap its been given by alot of people. Personally I want a second season to expand on things. Because as much as yall try making this anime look bad I can voucher theres alot worse stuff out there. I gave it a 9/10 mainly for various reasons.
Apr 3, 2011 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
I was expecting..or rather, hoping for more than what I got on the ending. That was a complete let down.. Plus the whole polygamy crap that Eris implied with the 3 girls was just plain wrong and disturbing. I'm not a religious person, but I know polygamy is just wrong. There's no way I can categorize this as "romance" anymore.

Cute series, but huge let down ending-wise.
May 30, 2011 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
Retarded series = retarded ending. 2/10
Jun 26, 2011 12:15 AM

Sep 2008
This show was one of the worst things I've ever seen.
Jun 29, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
lol'd at the space battle which is supposed to be an ecchi series hahahaha. still gonna give it a 8/10 lol
Jul 15, 2011 12:33 AM

Jan 2009
This whole show was ridiculous.
Especially bad would be the forced loldrama.
And unlike most other harem shows, pretty much every part of the harem had a go.
Not even the supposedly dramatic "last battle" had any suspense at all since it was impossible that Manami or Aoi would actually die.
Oh well, at least it ain't a stain in my on-hold list anymore.

All that actually made this watchable was Chaika, because Kotobuki Minako.
The rest was like, horribad.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 7, 2011 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
this episode is cool
the series it's ok, I like it
9/10

nonsense, polygamy, harem, unanswered or unresolved....blah blah...you are so stupid and/or crazy, IT IS JUST AN ANIME, LOL, everything is possible and allowed!!! how many of you could make a beter one??? ya??? then why you don't do it, if you don't like it then give up, are so many other anime...why do you waste your time with this one???
Mar 10, 2012 1:01 PM

Aug 2011
harem end! 7/10 was going to give it a 6 but the fighting was pretty cool and the harem end so yeah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2012 8:04 AM
Feb 2010
This series was really good considering the type of story it was.
Sep 9, 2012 8:31 AM

May 2012
Great final episode, was quite lovely especially the scene where they all kissed Kio! It was quite funny that Kio required to turn in to a neko to make it work! The final ending with the space elevator was quite lovely as well :D

Quite nice anime, some nice compact story that is very lovely! 8/10
Oct 6, 2012 11:37 PM
Sep 2012
Silent_Scream said:
Retarded series = retarded ending. 2/10

This over and over again. I want the hours of my life back I wasted on such a terrible ending to a really mediocre furry lovers fantasy show.
Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM
Mar 2012
i have to say i enjoyed this anime.

it delivered what i was expecting. Comedy, Ecchi and Harem + a bit of Action in the mix.
I'm really hoping for another season!
Oct 19, 2012 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
Aversa said:
Even at the part where they all said the liked Kio he was still to thick headed to understand there feelings, i almost want to slap that it out of him.

Yeah.. you can't be that stupid..
Nov 2, 2012 11:17 PM

Jul 2007
sirwence said:
wow..........ya..

I thought the same thing, that last episode was utterly ridiculous. The only thing that really saved this show from become an utter failure, i was would say the fanservice and the comedy element to it, other then that, the main core story just sucked bad.

6/10 i guess for me. Time to watch the ova now. I am sure that one will probably be better then the actual series cause its loaded with fanservice and probably lots of hilarity.

Mar 3, 2013 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
Well looks like alot of people hated this series and the ending,

Me on the other hand gives it a 8.5/10 (+Ova) I guess I liked the harem ending But I guess there wont be a Season 2 Anyways due to the feedback it has gotten. Well I at least enjoyed it.
Mar 3, 2013 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
I am really starting to think that Kio has brain damage or something
I mean come on....you can NOT be THAT DENSE of the situation around you =_=

God this anime made me face palm sooooo much....sigh
Mar 23, 2013 7:42 AM

Feb 2013
8/10
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 3, 2013 8:54 PM

Feb 2012
I guess I was wrong and this anime will not be a guilty pleasure of mine. Okay ending an okay series.
Aug 2, 2013 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
Surprised at the ending ' lets all be lovers ' like whaat this dudes living the dream!
Aug 19, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2011
I put this anime off for a while because I usually dislike ecchi as it takes over from plot, but it was short so finally gave i a try. But this anime was fun. It is a more watered down version of to love ru. I would gladly watch a second season, if they were to keep at same level of ecchi and story.

Funny ending too :3, obviously it would end as a potential herem with no other development xD. I want one of those bells. Make a rocket and change your DNA, quite useful XD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 13, 2013 8:39 AM

Sep 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
I put this anime off for a while because I usually dislike ecchi as it takes over from plot, but it was short so finally gave i a try. But this anime was fun. It is a more watered down version of to love ru. I would gladly watch a second season, if they were to keep at same level of ecchi and story.

Funny ending too :3, obviously it would end as a potential herem with no other development xD. I want one of those bells. Make a rocket and change your DNA, quite useful XD.

if ur man then u ton't hate ecchi :D, ecchi is what makes anime more realistic, & i like a bit realism in animes, even if it means ecchi, if they are not holding back with realism, i like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, it had few ecchi moment in it, more like half hentai, where heroine had sex, it did not show it as it dose in hentai, it was modest sex scene, like the ones u see in movies, u see that they do it, but their body's are under the blanket, u only see upper body but not lover body, but its not ecchi anime, its Drama, Romance, Slice of Life
Sep 13, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
i want season 2 !!! :), when they gonna do season 2?
Sep 13, 2013 10:46 AM

May 2013
a fine anime 6/10 not bad but not good

cant keep concentrating on the story, "dull and non sense" would be the words to describe this anime for me
Oct 25, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2011
Maybe this was the most fanservice-ous anime I've watched: there is neko, inu, sci-fi, harem, aliens, ecchi, mecha, military, megane, guns, foreigner movie director(?), shojo manga, shy/extraverted/inexperienced/moe/loli/tsundere/milf girls and tons of unknown fanservices, and I just fall for the simple romance there (and a bit of ecchi). Was an enjoyable show after all.
PS: I still don't know why Japanese people prefer cats over dogs...
FrezlajOct 25, 2013 11:52 AM
Nov 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
I would totes keep the ears and tail.
Dec 8, 2013 7:57 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, I can't believe all the negative responses to this anime.....it is harem ecchi.....just what in the hell did you all expect?? It was meant to be a light hearted racey comedy.....This wasn't the best anime I've seen but I enjoyed it.....if you want to see something truly bad, watch Strange Love, or Junk Boy.....those were awful animes.

Now, I will agree the xmas tree ending was a bit on the truly cheesy side but who cares...did you guys miss all the parody type things that were in this anime? I agree with the poster that said "living the dream".....I know if I could have a harem of cute women that were emotionally in love, but devoid of the negative aspects of a polygamous relationship (jealousy etc.) I would love to have his nonexistent I.Q. and fill his shoes.

It provided me with laughs and fulfilled what it was expected to be imo....so I give it an 8/10. I am a bit sad there is apparently no plans to ever have a second season...a shame....it was worth the time to watch it and was enjoyable.
Jan 24, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2012
There's a limit to how fucking dense you can make one character.

Still, this is a series, that, while I know in my heart was not very good, I can't give it a bad rating.

It wasn't for the OP, it'd have gotten like 2 less points. Fucking love that OP sequence, one of my favorite of all time xD
Lemme smang it girl.
May 16, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
I have no idea how I'm going to rate this. I liked it, so according to my usual chart of how I rate things it gets a 7, but I just don't know if I can give this anime a 7.....conundrum....
May 25, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2012
sayian said:
I'll just leave these here.. flag complete

HANDS DOWN PEOPLE, WE GOT A BADASS HERE
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 8, 2014 11:15 PM

Jun 2014
I really wanted to love this show, and I did for a while... but it was just trying to do too much. In the end I really don't know how i feel about it. Maybe if it was longer it would have been better, so that they could do everything they wanted to do with the show... Oh well, on to the OVA. I hope it can redeem this show. It was almost going to be one of my favorites.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 28, 2015 7:52 PM
Sep 2014
Rebelhero said:
I really wanted to love this show, and I did for a while... but it was just trying to do too much. In the end I really don't know how i feel about it. Maybe if it was longer it would have been better, so that they could do everything they wanted to do with the show... Oh well, on to the OVA. I hope it can redeem this show. It was almost going to be one of my favorites.

I agree, they wanted to make some super ecchi action harem comedy with story but they faled.
If they went with simple ecchi harem comedy it would be good.
If they went with only action it would be amazing since there was enough room to make it interesting.
But idk, it was OK.
Mar 4, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
a literal "what the fu- did I just watch".
May 16, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
Well it started out very promising, but like a lot of ecchi shows they screwed up the second half. 5/10, pretty average.
May 21, 2015 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck it, I don't care how much flack this show got, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Thought it was just going to be some typical harem rom-com, but instead I got some serious ecchi moments and lots of fighting and robot battles.

Plus they actually took the time to explain shit when it occurred. It may have been bullshit sci-fi anime logic, but it was appreciated. Like the assistaroids. The come from a little nano machine that repurposes elements into needed parts and creates them. Scientifically impossible, but a cool explanation.

Wonder if the message at the end of the OVA hinted another OVA or season 2. It's been 4 years, but who knows. I'd sure as hell watch it.

This was definitely a lot different than most of the typical ecchi harems I've watched, and I liked that uniqueness. 8/10.
Aug 4, 2015 6:13 AM
Dec 2014
haremshit ending.
7/10
Aug 10, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2012
lol Kio turned in to a cat.
the story sucks.

Sep 20, 2015 4:22 PM
Feb 2015
It was a decent harem anime. The MC actually got the chance to kiss all the girls... So lucky but he is so dense...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Nov 16, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
too cheesy
Dec 7, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Manami is a garbage character. She's such a drama queen.
Jan 6, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2015
Bidaum said:
Tbh I wish just Eris got Kio.

I was just hoping for at the end pan to their tales intertwining come onnn! ignore the other two shitty girls that have no place here.....

Agreed! Especially when he became an alien himself. I really hope he'll stay that way.
Jan 18, 2016 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not sure if this was one of the best or one of the worst anime I've seen.

Despite the ludicrous premise, Asobi ni Iku yo! was certainly fun to watch. The production values were surprisingly high for an ecchi-harem, and some of the conversations even had an air of introspection. There was a nice blend of drama, romance, and buffoonery.

And this was the first time I liked a harem ending. There was actual physical intimacy, and, giving credit where it's due, Kio didn't panic when he was kissed, or go all white-eyed. He was surprised, but he kept his composure. Good job.

I'm going to rate this solely on enjoyment and give it a 7/10.
Jan 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
I love the idea for polyamory in a show, and I liked all of the characters (but maybe that was because I love the dub voice cast). I was totally open to the idea that all of the girls would get Kio. Of course, that went no where; but hey, cat!Kio is a wondrous thing, so at least I got that and three kiss scenes in a row. (Eris is best girl btw)

The ending was meh, but the overall show I'd give a 7 or 8. Good fun, yup yup.
pls watch babel nisei 2001
Jul 26, 2016 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
"It's your fault, Eris! If it wasn't you.....!"

It look likes Eris is the one to blame for the other 2 about not having the guts to confess their love...

seriously? c'mon...

-----

The first 2 episodes were somewhat enjoyable, all the rest were really, really boring.
The ecchi and fanservice were..... nothing special, just the usual normal echi.

So, I would for sure give this show a 4/10, but the INDEED harem ending was a plus, It's not common to see a harem ending where they all had contact (I mean, kiss) with the guy, so I'll be giving this a +1 score, in the end:

5/10
TechOtakuJul 27, 2016 11:02 AM
Jan 7, 2018 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
This is probably one of the most underrated anime on MAL. Aside from episode 11, I can honestly say I enjoyed every episode (I enjoyed 11 too, but it had serious problems). People are seriously overthinking this series... I'm curious as to how the novels are. It's just not the same as animation though. This ain't no Monogatari (those novels are absolutely worth the read).
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Aug 10, 2018 9:22 AM
Apr 2017
Wow... Haven't seen such "wholesome" harem before...
I didn't watch a lot of harem btw
Feb 22, 2019 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
This anime is fucking torture device. I shit you not: i've lost few IQ points watching this.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShinRA - Sep 4, 2010

96 by Bardock17 »»
May 4, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Sep 18, 2010

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 6, 2022 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.