Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2010 3:46 AM
Feb 2010
Wow, this is pretty freakin' awesome.
._.
Jul 5, 2010 3:54 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
taichi1082 said:
ITT: People nitpicking about 2 or 3 pantyshots and wiggling boobs.

This.

Fucking awesome episode and 100% faithful adaptation of manga.

At first I was worried that they will take out the character interactions and social commentary from this, but I am happy that I was wrong.

5/5

This,alongside Shiki( if animators do not mess it up) will be the best shows of the season for me.

+1

Just expect some mindless fun from this title guys, don't expect anything more than that.
Jul 5, 2010 3:55 AM

Apr 2010
freakn awesome 1st episode

10/10

Jul 5, 2010 3:59 AM

Sep 2009
Epic doesn't even begin to describe this series...nuff said!
Jul 5, 2010 4:08 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I definitely gonna watch this all the way through.

Jul 5, 2010 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
Wasabi said:
anime_n00b said:
But... Lets just say I wasted alot of time just to see this... 6/10 where it stands...its just too cliched right now for me I mean its like Dawn of the Dead..COMPLETELY just with anime/a HS/fanservice.. hoping the other episodes can pull it for me where everyone else thinks it is..I think.. and I hope it does.. that I will like it alot more when the plot starts to get just a little bit more originality..

What exactly are you even expecting? This is a show about zombies. Of course it's going to be like every other zombie movie. It's not like they can pull out some huge miracle plot twist with only a bunch of high school students unless they dual wield unlimited ammo pistols and go L4D on some zombie ass.

And did anyone notice how the bgm resembled the 28 Days music? That is some awesome shit right there.

What exactly was I expecting.. Well honestly something that basically wasnt a carbon copy of the newest dawn of the dead movie (replace the HS with the mall and bam).. I mean... Come on.. even after watching it again.. after a good night's sleep.. its a horribly unoriginal plot.. I mean they could throw SOME new elements in there...

And I was expecting alot more than what I got for how Hyped it was. So I guess that was my expectancies. Dont get me wrong.. I love some good fanservice...and a little gore is good for everyone.. but I mean... for me.. that isnt whats gonna make this show.. I have to have more than that..
Jul 5, 2010 4:18 AM

Dec 2007
This was fucking awesome. The BGM when Takeshi killed Hisashi was brilliant, although I could have sworn that I've heard it in some zombie flick before.

Watching this also reminded me of that I haven't read the manga in ages.
Jul 5, 2010 4:19 AM
Apr 2008
best of summer period.
Jul 5, 2010 4:21 AM
May 2010
I fucking loved this, was holding off to read the manage until after the anime (strange person I know) and glad I did. This executed the genre beautifully and I actually think was handled fantastically. A bit fast but not in an annoying way. This managed to bring a series of emotions to me in just the first episode alone, the acting is wonderful, the music fantastic, the animation top-notch, the characters likable and the action and horror themes strong.

5/5, definitely something I'm keeping my eyes on.

Charliehsv said:
This was fucking awesome. The BGM when Takeshi killed Hisashi was brilliant, although I could have sworn that I've heard it in some zombie flick before.

That's because it was the main theme of 28 Weeks Later, which is awesome since it fit awesomely with the scene. I've also heard word that they also got a song from the Resident Evil movies for an episode, is that bullshit or truth?
Jul 5, 2010 4:25 AM

Mar 2010
Defiantly makes up for this lackluster season.

LOVED it.
Jul 5, 2010 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
fertygo said:
Fai said:
taichi1082 said:
ITT: People nitpicking about 2 or 3 pantyshots and wiggling boobs.

This.

Fucking awesome episode and 100% faithful adaptation of manga.

At first I was worried that they will take out the character interactions and social commentary from this, but I am happy that I was wrong.

5/5

This,alongside Shiki( if animators do not mess it up) will be the best shows of the season for me.

+1

Just expect some mindless fun from this title guys, don't expect anything more than that.
+1.

Better than I imagined. No, it exceeded my imaginations. Madhouse really doesn't know how to hold back. Lots of blood, action, boobs and panties. Art, BGM and voice acting are also top notch. Hope this continues throughout the series. Perfect adaptation, though I wonder about how the story will go, the manga is still ongoing. Let's just wait for the next episodes. For now, 5/5

What's with the credits at the end of the episode, though? Looks like ending credits of a movie -.-
Jul 5, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
In case anyone was wondering, during the scene in which Hisashi turns into one of "them", the song played is a remix of In A Heartbeat by John Murphy

Jul 5, 2010 4:30 AM

Apr 2008
this is like dawn of the dead
Jul 5, 2010 4:31 AM
May 2010
belatkuro said:

What's with the credits at the end of the episode, though? Looks like ending credits of a movie -.-

I admit their a bit long but their to ward people off from the epilogue after the credits, or to give people time to ogle nudity shots in the credits or look at the missing posters.
DuskGolemJul 5, 2010 4:42 AM
Jul 5, 2010 4:32 AM

Dec 2007
Best anime episode I've seen in a while.
Starts with a 10/10 masterpiece.

I came a few times while watching this. It was that epic.
Jul 5, 2010 4:33 AM

Aug 2008
anime_n00b said:
What exactly was I expecting.. Well honestly something that basically wasnt a carbon copy of the newest dawn of the dead movie (replace the HS with the mall and bam).. I mean... Come on.. even after watching it again.. after a good night's sleep.. its a horribly unoriginal plot.. I mean they could throw SOME new elements in there...

And I was expecting alot more than what I got for how Hyped it was. So I guess that was my expectancies. Dont get me wrong.. I love some good fanservice...and a little gore is good for everyone.. but I mean... for me.. that isnt whats gonna make this show.. I have to have more than that..
Summed it up perfectly.
Jul 5, 2010 4:34 AM

Feb 2009
rarri said:
Best anime episode I've seen in a while.
Starts with a 10/10 masterpiece.

I came a few times while watching this. It was that epic.
Be my friend :)
Jul 5, 2010 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
It isn't like Dawn of the Dead, because they don't stay in the school. By episode 3 they will be in the Orgy Bus (don't ask) and hitting the road.

They do eventually have a Mall arc though.
Jul 5, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2008
I got goose bumps by watching it. I see EPIC.
Jul 5, 2010 4:42 AM

Jan 2010
OMG! OMG!
This anime is bad for your heart!
After watching it
My heartbeat rate went 10x

Now I'm going to pray that this won't happen in real life.
10/10 First episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 4:47 AM

Aug 2009
Meh.
*Goes of watching some GOOD zombie movies*

A man of few words.
Jul 5, 2010 4:47 AM
Jul 2009
Great start, I've been looking forward to this for ages. I'm so glad there's finally a zombie anime!!!
Jul 5, 2010 4:50 AM
Feb 2010
Just rewatched it again....as per what i said be4 i'm speechless at how much action and fanservice they managed to stuff in 1 ep.

Haylias said:
By episode 3 they will be in the Orgy Bus (don't ask) and hitting the road.

They do eventually have a Mall arc though.

^ I just hope they'll be able to reach the mall arc with out actually uber-rushing the plot. lol @ Orgy bus.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 5, 2010 4:51 AM
May 2010
fan service !!!!
Jul 5, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2010
Can anyone post a link to a subbed version?
Jul 5, 2010 4:54 AM
Feb 2010
^ search around animeultima.tv, it should be there.

Jul 5, 2010 4:54 AM

Aug 2008
booooooooooooooooooooobs
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Jul 5, 2010 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
Cool setting and direction.
However, with all this pantsu in my face, I can't take it seriously.
Jul 5, 2010 5:00 AM

Jul 2008
Anyone with a ryona fetish will love this anime >__>

Oh, and so much for best friends forever...

Jul 5, 2010 5:01 AM
Mar 2010
wow ,o
Jul 5, 2010 5:05 AM
Feb 2010
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:

^ Play that scene with the "this is sparta" soundclip when muted, it'll make it funnier and less dreadful.

Jul 5, 2010 5:06 AM

May 2009
llamaben said:
anime_n00b said:

Summed it up perfectly.
Jul 5, 2010 5:07 AM

May 2009
Interesting first episode. I can get used to this. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 5:08 AM

Jun 2010
Well i liked it. The Gore... The Pantsu... xD perfect combo.
Anyway, i think the music was well fit. although they could have done a better job with the animation. The epilogue was pretty good. well for now il give it a 9/10, we shall see how other episodes turn out to be xD
Jul 5, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
Awesome...
Jul 5, 2010 5:09 AM

Nov 2007
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
Best friends do not exist.

Anyways, I can say that I really enjoyed the episode a lot.
This and Dawn of the Dead are really not that alike but you still have to admit that the first episode gave off a lot of Dawn of the Dead vibes, though.

And what can be exclaimed as original nowadays in our society? Zombie movies always have the same plot just slightly changed. I don't find the Anime/Manga bad because it's similar to your typical ones.
Jul 5, 2010 5:10 AM
Apr 2009
sigh... it is a shame that I have been trapped at work literally since this started airing... when I finally get out of work (by the gods I work brutal hours) than I will be watching this....

It is a shame that is seems they over-did fanservice. I mean, I figured there would be quite a bit because of how the manga was... but there was that small bit of hope that they wouldn't over do it... I just want a solid zombie apolcalypse anime, I don't need boobs to love this sorta stuff, just want tons of violence and general bad-ass zombie killin... >>
Jul 5, 2010 5:16 AM

Dec 2009
looks like an exciting anime, good first episode ^^ 4/5 so far
yuno6.jpg
Jul 5, 2010 5:16 AM

Jan 2009
Do like dat OP.
As for the cast, as usual, seems great at first sight~
Going into detail, having people like Iwasawa/Maria/Kanbaru/Canaan/Celty/Tomokane/Cal/Mirepoch/Lag/Kotoha, Madarame/pantsu/Viral, Frau/Grimmjow/Gio/Archer/Greed/Reim/Friagne, Nia/Noir/Warin, Kana/Tsukiumi/Pheles/Yoko/Jessica/Alicia and Yui/Rikka/Rimi/Shiranui/Uchida/Eve/Kureha/Hamutz/Ami/Yachiyo is just great, and those are just the mains~ As for supporters, they've even got people like Light/Ling/Kida/Setsuna/Death the Kid/Cao Cao/Flynn/Kyrie, Azu-nyan/Nozomi/Ako, Sharnid/Germania/Kenji/Glen/Kittan/Stiyl and... Naruto lol xD. Oh darn, I lol'd.
Another good point, is that CoalGuys are subbing it~

Anyway, I guess I could do without the fanservice, but.. whatever I guess, it's not that bad every once in a while. (Well, then again.. It is.. Somewhat excessive.)
Hmm.. It's been, what, half a year or so since I was going to start on the manga xD... It seems I never did~ Oh well, time to do so~

Also, how come nurse is always the most big-breasted of them all? =3=
Sure, she handles health at the school, but.. Seriously? Isn't she just a tad too healthy herself? ^^;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 5, 2010 5:17 AM

Jul 2010
Haylias said:
In case anyone was wondering, during the scene in which Hisashi turns into one of "them", the song played is a remix of In A Heartbeat by John Murphy

I was wondering why the music was so familiar, i couldn't put my finger where i heard this song before, thanks.
Jul 5, 2010 5:17 AM
Aug 2007
I fucking LOVED it !
Jul 5, 2010 5:18 AM

Jan 2010
Hmms, very chilling LOL.
I liked it.

It's a bit shallow, but I went into this knowing that, I've read a bit of the manga so I know what to expect.

It's horribly unoriginal, but hey, I'm only really watching this for gore, nothing more.

May 2010
Meh. If not for the gore I wouldn't watch this anime. It shows panties and boobies every minute and I can't stand it. :\

Sep 2007
I could say much, but the story and animation was so great.

Boobs, pantsu, zombies. Where in the Hell can you find them in the anime!

May 2008
I haven't expected it this awsome, though they really overdid the fanservice~
Marina sure knows how to scream your head off~ Poor Hisashi, I really liked him....
I loved the opening and the ending song, they were all fitting~ This series is a keeper for me.
sayamiJul 5, 2010 5:49 AM
Jul 5, 2010 5:21 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Going into detail, having people like Iwasawa/Maria/Kanbaru/Canaan/Celty/Tomokane/Cal/Mirepoch/Lag/Kotoha, Madarame/pantsu/Viral, Frau/Grimmjow/Gio/Archer/Greed/Reim/Friagne, Nia/Noir/Warin, Kana/Tsukiumi/Pheles/Yoko/Jessica/Alicia and Yui/Rikka/Rimi/Shiranui/Uchida/Eve/Kureha/Hamutz/Ami/Yachiyo is just great, and those are just the mains~ As for supporters, they've even got people like Light/Ling/Kida/Setsuna/Death the Kid/Cao Cao/Flynn/Kyrie, Azu-nyan/Nozomi/Ako, Sharnid/Germania/Kenji/Glen/Kittan/Stiyl and... Naruto lol xD. Oh darn, I lol'd.
Is this necessary? :3
Jul 5, 2010 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
Blood, gore, panties, top tier animation, catchy music, awesome work of camera, brutality... it seems that my expectations will be fulfilled.

Jul 5, 2010 5:25 AM

Jan 2009
belatkuro said:
Oosran said:
Yes. : 3
Seriously though, you don't have to read it if you don't want to. I just feel like going through the cast list when a new anime starts, and that's how it is. : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 5, 2010 5:28 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
belatkuro said:
Oosran said:
Yes. : 3
Seriously though, you don't have to read it if you don't want to. I just feel like going through the cast list when a new anime starts, and that's how it is. : >
I read every post in threads so I can't help it. It's kinda tiring to read this though. Oh well, whatever suits your tastes :>
Jul 5, 2010 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
Even though this episode is filled with Rei which i already foresaw because i read the manga..still i must admit this is the best first episode in summer, now let's get into that 2nd episode and see Senpai <3
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.