Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 10, 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Reply to Tanaka_Tomoyuki
Am I the only one who found Lazar annoying? Like, Oscar came this far, and is busily fighting, and he's constantly nagging at Oscar to "give up and go home." Like, let the man fight. He's the one who's cursed, not you. Geez.
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki I'm not even sure why is he bringing that annoying manservant, he is literally useless
Apr 10, 11:48 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to RedChrome
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki I'm not even sure why is he bringing that annoying manservant, he is literally useless
@RedChrome Totally agree. Useless is fine, but his constant nagging made him worse than useless. I wish Lazar would just shut up, and that wasn't just once or twice. Like, his negativity was bordering on toxicity, and contributed absolutely nothing.
Apr 10, 1:53 PM

May 2015
An alright start. I'm glad this is a proper romance and not subtext or bait as we need more fantasy romance series.

This feels like the type of series that would have heavy drama on midway/at the end of the series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 9:45 PM
Apr 2023
Tinasha being voiced by Tanezaki Atsumi make me form a head-canon that this Frieren being reincarnated in another world LOL.
Anyway, it was announced last year but it was expected that this would get an anime adaptation. I happened to pick up the manga adaptation (the source is a light novel) before the anime was announced and still reading it to its recent chapter so I know it will "interesting", especially if they will be able to cover up until what the manga has right now.
Apr 10, 10:18 PM

Apr 2013
Hello Selena from PGR.
Apr 11, 1:28 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to sodrainz
@kuu0haku Except his wish was for her to cure his ED. She said she could not and and that's the end of that deal. It's like blaming the genie when you waste a wish on some bs
sodrainz said:
She said she could not and and that's the end of that deal. It's like blaming the genie when you waste a wish on some bs

Lol that's a dumb thing to say. If the genie fails it's on the genie. It's almost like you've never read the "I can't grant this, change your wish" jokes that came around precisely because of that line of thinking. Anyways, your personal interpretation of a genie (which has never appeared in any literary work...unless you've written something?) is not the consensus, so don't state it like it is.
Apr 11, 1:34 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Akai-Raion
Promising first episode, looks good.

People calling this rapey or whatever as usual always look for something to cry about on everything, feel had for them tbh, not interested in arguing, and I rarely ever say what I think because I believe 99% of people like that are not worth the time or effort, so back to putting people's mental vomit on mute and continue to enjoy what I like and not shit on what's not for me, best to all ♥️
@Akai-Raion yeah lol. She's a witch, she could literally just refuse, go back on her word whatever and the MC knows that too which is why he tries to negotiate/convince her. Calling it rapey is so out of pocket and diminishing of actual red flags.
Apr 11, 2:00 AM

Apr 2011
I love the chemistry between the two.

Tinasha is cute and kind. Oscar is a chad. Why find someone who doesn't exist when there's one right in front of you.

The only thing I don't like is the manservant. He's annoying

Some idiots calling this show rapey. People are just weird.

MagitoApr 11, 2:08 AM
Apr 11, 6:02 AM

May 2022
I like the two main leads already. Not much else to say yet. I'm looking forward to seeing Oscar's kingdom.
Apr 11, 9:32 AM
Sep 2021
Interesting story & world, like the setting. I am invested in this fantasy story & world.
Apr 11, 12:35 PM

May 2017
Reply to Fn76
Ok first episode, i'm following the scanlated manga arrived at
, if is a 24 episode adaption splitted into two seasons then it can maybe reach the manga. Btw, maybe someone into the LN can tell me if the
is going to be solved asap or will drag for many chapters? Is an annoying trope.
@Fnights What do you mean by "ntr"?? I've read the light novel and the main leads always got together in every time line...
English is not my mother language.
Apr 11, 1:41 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to MengHao
sodrainz said:
She said she could not and and that's the end of that deal. It's like blaming the genie when you waste a wish on some bs

Lol that's a dumb thing to say. If the genie fails it's on the genie. It's almost like you've never read the "I can't grant this, change your wish" jokes that came around precisely because of that line of thinking. Anyways, your personal interpretation of a genie (which has never appeared in any literary work...unless you've written something?) is not the consensus, so don't state it like it is.
MengHao said:

A genie can refuse to grant a wish. The only reason genies grant wishes is that doing so frees them from their vessel. Maybe you should educate yourself on the lore of genies beyond Disney's Aladdin. Even in Aladdin, the genie did not grant Jafar's wish of making Jasmine fall in love with him.

In fact, if you followed AD&D rules for genies, most can't even grant a wish no matter what you believe a genie is for.

In general genie lore, a genie will refuse to grant a wish if it violates the general rules (ie Wishing for death)
sodrainzApr 11, 1:45 PM
Apr 11, 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to MengHao
@Akai-Raion yeah lol. She's a witch, she could literally just refuse, go back on her word whatever and the MC knows that too which is why he tries to negotiate/convince her. Calling it rapey is so out of pocket and diminishing of actual red flags.
@MengHao Oscar is a walking red flag, so it's not at all diminishing. It's anime, so none of this matters, but realistically, his behavior is way out of line. Again, anime, so it's funny that he just decides she'll become his wife, with complete confidence, purely because she can handle becoming pregnant with his child. It's also funny when he proceeds to act arrogant in his refusal to take no for an answer, while finding her protests/distress amusing. However, if the scene was more realistic, then this would naturally take on a darker tone, especially after the threat of Oscar's retaliation forced the witch to yield, and be subject to further harassment. Whether or not the witch is truly in any danger from Oscar's sword in a serious fight is undetermined, but the witch certainly isn't characterized as the one holding the power in this scene.

Now, if your argument has nothing to do with realism, and only his behavior as it is intended to be read, then ignore this comment.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 11, 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
One could smell the light novel odour quite early in this introduction, but the starting situation it set up has some potential and the characters seem bearable.

Bland designs and visuals but nothing ugly among the drawings, CGI and animation.

3/5

ARK-13 said:
I didn't really have much of an expectation going into this adaptation even though I adore the LN. But this was a pretty decent start. Tinasha and Oscar are great.

Anything interesting to expect? And a chance for it to feel like a stand alone story without having to hope and watch several more series?

Thpmpmmanks in advance.
Rei_IIIApr 11, 4:00 PM
Apr 11, 9:53 PM

Mar 2010
Reply to LostSpectre
@MengHao Oscar is a walking red flag, so it's not at all diminishing. It's anime, so none of this matters, but realistically, his behavior is way out of line. Again, anime, so it's funny that he just decides she'll become his wife, with complete confidence, purely because she can handle becoming pregnant with his child. It's also funny when he proceeds to act arrogant in his refusal to take no for an answer, while finding her protests/distress amusing. However, if the scene was more realistic, then this would naturally take on a darker tone, especially after the threat of Oscar's retaliation forced the witch to yield, and be subject to further harassment. Whether or not the witch is truly in any danger from Oscar's sword in a serious fight is undetermined, but the witch certainly isn't characterized as the one holding the power in this scene.

Now, if your argument has nothing to do with realism, and only his behavior as it is intended to be read, then ignore this comment.
@LostSpectre

Good lord this discussion is idiotic. The only one threaten anything this episode was Tinasha herself was literally about attack Oscar with spell in middle of their discussion, out of frustration not threats he never made. She only calmed down becasue she couldn't use force to get her way and the point of that was hint at flaw of her character. Also spare me this innocent moralizing about her, she literally discussing with him what amounts to a business transaction which she herself suggesting he NTR ,fuck old woman or groom a child bear his baby to overcome his curse was actively searching for candidates which he was entirely uncomfortable with. Never this the very same curse another witch casted on him when he was baby that would kill any woman who convinced with him with fucking cruel to both him and the any of his future partners. Witches don't get a damn about human morality and Tinasha is no different. Oscar only pointed out she herself is most realistic candidate to overcome the curse based on whats he said, that just using simply logic not enticing your rape fantasies or whatever your trying to inject into the story. You completely misread both Oscar and Tinasha characters I would appreciate if stop talking as if actually know them.

Tinasha is ulitmatley who setup this whole system which Oscar met the requirements of and offered her help and accept the compromise. She's not trying be like dick run from her responsibility because of that. She also genuinely sympathetic because of her kind cause this problem and put Oscar to begin with. Only people who still don't get what story directly spoonfed are those who like you who stubbornly cynical enough reading the worst out of it because you too cool to give the barest of sympathy.
Iron_MawApr 11, 9:57 PM
Apr 12, 3:47 AM

Nov 2020
MC seems cool, a competent adult guy, it's a pity that a witch who has lived for many years is no different from a typical anime girl, of course she has never had anyone and is a virgin xD
This episode is mostly exposition, the characters sit and explain everything, it's a bit boring, the anime will be about a romance that starts with a girl being forced to become an incubator... well, I don't know if it's a good idea xD

After writing all this, somehow it was still pleasant to watch xD
Apr 12, 4:57 AM

Dec 2011
Finally, Tanezaki Atsumi played a main character where I like her appearance, voice tone, and the show itself.
ChendrosheeApr 12, 5:05 AM
Apr 12, 8:05 AM

Aug 2019
I think this is alright so far. To be completely honest I got kind of bored like half-way through so who knows if I'll keep watching from here
Apr 12, 10:03 AM
Jul 2016
this show makes me curious, so yeahhh, so far so good. cant wait for another episode
Apr 12, 12:10 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Limi
Hey... Hey... Concede and let me pump some babies into you. Hey... Stop struggling and be a surrogate for me to impregnate. Hey...

Really lol.

The show still seems okay, but the MC seems quite rapey.
@Limi Thank you! It's creepy! And also, he could just adopt kids! If his world wouldn't permit that, they should've explained that in the show, because it seems like a much simpler solution
Apr 12, 12:14 PM
Oct 2022
I know it’s silly to keep saying this but this is another anime that 12 episodes just isn’t enough to get anywhere in this story. This one goes dark quick but throughout you just want them to be happy together (or I do at least lol) I was really shocked when I read this one how it quickly descended into a pretty spooky mystery. I thought this episode was well done and it looks great. She’s such a stunning beauty. 😊
Apr 12, 1:17 PM
Feb 2019
Hmm, this pretty much sets a fantasy romance; straight up, no mishmash with comedy or action, looks promising (the OP might indicate otherwise tho). Dialogue was pretty good, we learned a lot from the world just from drinking tea at a table, the discussion about linege was a little silly but amusing; and both MC are pretty charismatic, their chemistry is quite charming and with so little they already seem to complement each other very well.
Animation and color is pretty nice, at least fot the fame ENGI has carried over, the moonlight was beautiful. Also, good seiyuu work, it was a little hard to catch Anezaki Tatsumi at first, who gives a little playful yet low tone which is charismatic, a little hipnotic (that first mezurashii na tho)
mafd12Apr 12, 1:22 PM
Apr 12, 6:18 PM
Jul 2021
Oscar definitely came off pushy about not accepting Tinasha’s refusal. I agree with others that he’s a bit of a red flag. But we’ll see how he is going forward and if he’s respectful of Tinasha. I like the premise and everything else seems cute so far.
Apr 12, 9:20 PM
Feb 2015
The opening kinda give a bit too leeway spoiler-ish, It nice to have fantasy romance with straight up plot, although kinda boring at time, it seem there's nothing can stop this Perfect prince Oscar guy to have his bride, Tinasha. Maybe their development will reveal something, the first impression was not the best, he basically forced her to come with him as a champion. Probably Witch of silence have her own good reason to give him his curse relating to his parents.

It's too early to decide on thing so will looking forward to next episode
Apr 13, 12:07 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to popa910
@Limi Thank you! It's creepy! And also, he could just adopt kids! If his world wouldn't permit that, they should've explained that in the show, because it seems like a much simpler solution
@popa910

Because he prince of monarchy, a system who rulers legitimate their rights to rule through bloodlines. Having a child is ensuring the passage of the bloodline one of his most important duties whether Oscar wants to or not. If his parents could just adopt a random kid off the street the than Witch of Silence's curse would have been useless and waste of time and problem would have been solved years ago.

And I find it funny that you more creeped out by Oscar's suggestion but ok with Tinasha finding a literally child for him just to groom and impregnate is perfectly fine. Where is her "red flags"? =/
Apr 13, 12:31 AM

Oct 2011
Hm, I'm not sure if I like it or not. Well I'm not a big fan of MC he is quite boring. Tinasha seems fine for now.
The ending song is beautiful tho.
Apr 13, 6:23 AM
Apr 2023
very beautiful anime
Apr 13, 7:24 AM
Oct 2011
the protagonist dind´t even let the wicht finish looking for a woman that can survive the birth of his kid and already risk wish on her ... my man that should be your card on the sleeve if all other options fail then you risk all on this ...
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to Monika-chan
@Fnights What do you mean by "ntr"?? I've read the light novel and the main leads always got together in every time line...
@Monika-chan I know "ntr" is exagerated because i didn't know the correct word when Tinasha get away from mc following that other dude, anyway it's chapter 32.
Apr 13, 9:53 PM
Aug 2020
average script but the story seems to be very good
Apr 14, 6:18 AM
Oct 2022
Tinasha is so cute. The title of “Queen of Azure Tower” completely suits her. So far, this anime is great, the first episode was good. I hope Tinasha can help Oscar to break him free from Witch of Silence’s curse.
Apr 14, 3:34 PM

Nov 2017
Cute premise, let's see who is this Tinasha witch and why was our MC put under the curse/blessing
Apr 14, 7:46 PM

Aug 2011
Apr 14, 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Iron_Maw
@LostSpectre

Good lord this discussion is idiotic. The only one threaten anything this episode was Tinasha herself was literally about attack Oscar with spell in middle of their discussion, out of frustration not threats he never made. She only calmed down becasue she couldn't use force to get her way and the point of that was hint at flaw of her character. Also spare me this innocent moralizing about her, she literally discussing with him what amounts to a business transaction which she herself suggesting he NTR ,fuck old woman or groom a child bear his baby to overcome his curse was actively searching for candidates which he was entirely uncomfortable with. Never this the very same curse another witch casted on him when he was baby that would kill any woman who convinced with him with fucking cruel to both him and the any of his future partners. Witches don't get a damn about human morality and Tinasha is no different. Oscar only pointed out she herself is most realistic candidate to overcome the curse based on whats he said, that just using simply logic not enticing your rape fantasies or whatever your trying to inject into the story. You completely misread both Oscar and Tinasha characters I would appreciate if stop talking as if actually know them.

Tinasha is ulitmatley who setup this whole system which Oscar met the requirements of and offered her help and accept the compromise. She's not trying be like dick run from her responsibility because of that. She also genuinely sympathetic because of her kind cause this problem and put Oscar to begin with. Only people who still don't get what story directly spoonfed are those who like you who stubbornly cynical enough reading the worst out of it because you too cool to give the barest of sympathy.
@Iron_Maw You're making so many straw-manned points it's hard to keep up. Tinasha has every right to throw Oscar out of the tower because he's acting like a psychopath, simply declaring she'll be his wife and refusing to back down until she relents. Do not say she's discussing a "business transaction" when the fucking request amounts to sexual slavery, this is nonsense. It's also fucking hilarious that you write off a negotiation over Tinasha's womb, because of "grooming" when that would have been fairly normal in those times when it comes to royalty. Who says witches don't care about human morality, Oscar is the one who is shown to be completely lacking in morality up to this point. Yes, Oscar told her she will become his wife and carry his child, simply because she's able to do withstand his cursed sperm, nothing weird about that. I haven't misread Oscar one fucking bit, if you take his behavior outside the story, he behaves like a sociopath. Since you replied to me, I can only assume you are also viewing these events as completely realistic, in which case you are hugely fucking wrong.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 9:06 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to Iron_Maw
@LostSpectre

@Iron_Maw It seems convenient to me that the witch doesn't have human morals right where the main issue of the story involves... She understands bonds, she made it clear that she was already interested in people, she understands problems within the kingdom system, she understands the problems surrounding these future relationships forced and understands perfectly why she wouldn't accept his proposal and gives several reasons for that, she understands the needs of the people trying to enter the tower, she understands the value of life, she understands all of this. She only loses her morality when the anime needs it: Suggesting grooming as if it were something super normal, fortunately our mc apparently dislikes the idea (despite the very "genius" direction deciding to put a joke song at that moment... Incredible, like the story it was being taken in a neutral way, and when the most problematic part begins, they put on funny music. Simply pathetic.) She only decides to go into force when she has made it she will not accept this proposal and yet he is insisting. She lost her reason and acted hastily, there was no need for that. But this is under no circumstances a "character flaw". It is a hasty action in the face of an inconvenient situation. Our mc is clearly just as problematic as much. (it really is a matching couple, two deplorables) And now our mc... "it's settled", that phrase is so pathetic... It's not funny, it's insulting in nature. true. He, without any consent, already decides that the situation can and will be resolved like this, and after seeing that whoever is in front of him is a living being too, who has the right to give an opinion about his own body, he decides to ask inconvenient questions as if "if There's no problem with that, why not?" At no point is there consent to this, he invents reasons why she could refuse as if he were the only one with a voice in the situation. She refuses several times, and unfortunately she just doesn't say "no" because then the author would really look bad... He uses her word against her so that he can benefit, which wouldn't be impossible, it's a great strategy, but in this case NO. The author is talking about the body of a being, this is ridiculous. If he wanted to treat her even as a "creature" and not take into account her appearance, manner, etc. It would still be absurd, it's not an action, it's not a help, it's not an object, it's the uterus, we're talking about her UTERUS. She has been treated as a WOMAN since the beginning of the story, and the mc apparently completely forgot that. Anyway, that was completely ridiculous, I hope this romance ends... It will simply be a romance story with a terrible basis that will never really work on the problems related to this relationship (after all, the author doesn't see a problem with that) and we, the audience, will have to root for this couple until someday forget how horrible this beginning was.
Apr 15, 9:14 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to Iron_Maw
@LostSpectre

@Iron_Maw I'm really going to need to know more about these characters or else I'm going to end up completely hating them. It's a couple who've never seen each other in their lives, now meeting and they're going to create a very lovely relationship together... And that's pathetic. Shallow, empty, superficial, and very uncomfortable in my opinion. Mc is willing to put someone in his house and in the future in bed despite having discovered this information 5 minutes ago. And what a witch, accepting such a ridiculous proposal...
Apr 15, 1:22 PM
Jun 2012
Fine overall. Nothing standout.

But a surprisingly lacking amount of flaws.
Apr 18, 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
Well the MC is OP as hell and just as arrogant, but this has a little promise to it.
Apr 22, 12:29 PM

Sep 2021
Tinasha's the only reason I'll continue watching this
Goodnight, Punpun 
Apr 22, 12:55 PM

May 2009
Will Atsumi Tanezaki be now typecasted as immortal mages?
Apr 24, 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
I thought it would be a fun, light-hearted anime. This seems more serious than I thought it would be.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 30, 9:49 PM

Feb 2021
The witch is getting out of the castle after a long time.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 2, 5:56 AM

Apr 2015
That was lighter than it looked from the outside.
LanzMay 2, 6:07 AM
May 7, 2:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Feels like just another anime... but who knows, things could get spicy down the line. It's good enough to warrant at least a couple more episodes before deciding to drop it or not.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 12, 9:29 AM
Feb 2024
This was alright. Nothing special, but not bad either.
May 13, 9:36 PM

Jul 2023
I have low expectations of this anime. The light novels are said to be great, but fans of the light novels are disappointed that so much material has been cut.

Anyway, I'll treat this on its own terms. If this anime manages to make me interested in reading the light novels, it has done its job, even if it's imperfect.

But so far, I think I will like it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

52 by satyamkumar4005 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

42 by Achilles074 »»
9 hours ago

» What on earth happened in this episode 8?

mufarari - May 29

11 by ehee47 »»
Yesterday, 11:35 PM

» Look ENGI has a reputation but

Shamsy - Apr 16

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 30, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14

79 by scineram »»
May 26, 1:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.