Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 30, 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to King_Abhi

Its so disturbing that no one can understand Oushi ... that's really painful. He genuinely loved Yuki but she can't read that through his face... He even learned sign language, always care for her, but she is going after someone complete stranger who didn't did anything for her. Oushi man you deserve better...
@King_Abhi oushi is 20, he is way too old to not know you don't pick/be a jerk to the girl you like and expect that somehow someway she will see this as love/affection

Yuki isn't a masochist

he gotta do better

also not everyone learns a new language because they had a hidden crush, just because he learned sign language doesn't mean yuki will see this as proof of affection (now that conclusion is plain stupid)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 30, 3:37 PM

Nov 2022
So far best anime of the season for me :)

I mean the art alone is so pretty I feel like I could eat the images lol
Jan 30, 5:06 PM
Oct 2023
Thought it was cute
Feb 1, 7:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The "kids" seems "dogs" in the underground exit!!!!
kekeke
Feb 1, 1:46 PM
Sensei

Sep 2012
I can't get enough of how sweet Yuki is. Seeing all her reactions and enjoying time with her friends was really cute.
Feb 2, 4:47 AM

Aug 2021
I just can't force myself to like Itsuomi more than Oushi. He just seems kind of arrogant to me, especially during the scene where he blocked Yuki's view on Oushi during their convo. Oushi is really overprotective, but you can't really blame him for that. All this hate he is getting is absolutely mindblowing to me and I don't see a single reason why he should get hate in the first place.
Feb 2, 11:02 AM
Mar 2021
I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST EPS SO FAR AHHHH
Feb 2, 1:52 PM
Mar 2018
I'm so happy with how much progress was made in this episode! I can't wait to see Yuki and Itsuomi's dinner together! And I hope Rin will be lucky as well. ^^

I did feel bad for Oushi, though. Also, I didn't like what Itsuomi did with his arm, I feel like it's inappropriate to prevent Yuki from reading his signing.
Feb 3, 10:48 AM
Feb 2015
ngl the dynamic between Kyouya and Rin are amusing ahahahhahah
Feb 3, 11:33 AM

May 2020
Yeah, be it the childhood friend or this super popular mister handsome protag, both are equally unlikable to me.

Also, did nobody ever teach Itsuomi about personal space? Yeah this should've been a question from the first episode, but now this has become really bothersome.
Softhenic03Feb 3, 11:52 AM
Feb 4, 8:07 AM
Jul 2015
:D soo good. I can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 4, 5:40 PM
May 2016
this show is fabulous
Feb 7, 3:35 PM
Oct 2021
I feel bad for Oushi-kun, this is the first time I've liked an MC rival.
Feb 12, 6:54 PM

May 2008
Reply to Softhenic03
Yeah, be it the childhood friend or this super popular mister handsome protag, both are equally unlikable to me.

Also, did nobody ever teach Itsuomi about personal space? Yeah this should've been a question from the first episode, but now this has become really bothersome.
@Softhenic03

Yess, Itsuomi is a walking red flag. wtf are people on here smoking
Feb 12, 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to canephalanx
@Softhenic03

Yess, Itsuomi is a walking red flag. wtf are people on here smoking
@canephalanx funny how the only people that call Itsuomi a red flag are men

and ironically Oushi is a men's favorite here at MAL too and he is actually the walking red flag

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 13, 8:49 AM

Feb 2019
I can't get over how cute Yuki is ^^
Feb 14, 9:35 AM

Jan 2019
Cute episode!

It's a bit slower than I usually like my anime, but these characters are really adorable.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Feb 16, 12:35 AM

Oct 2017
More fluff. Both Yuki and Rin's adorable. Kyouya noticed Yuki's feelings but seems to be oblivious of Rin's feelings for him? Unless he has. Itsuomi noticed Rin's feelings and is oblivious to Yuki's or is he? Liked how affectionate Itsuomi is towarda Yuki btw.
Feb 17, 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
i ate one third of allmond butter jar during this episode.
got so into story that forgot i m eating.
next time gonna try with sth with less callories xD
Feb 17, 3:35 PM
Oct 2023
Carrybag Yuki, that is it.
Feb 19, 12:29 PM

Jul 2016
They finally did it, they put Costco in anime. Incredible. Oh yeah the episode was nice too
Mar 3, 8:34 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to LupaTheWolf
such a genuinely cute couple, i love them
@LupaTheWolf SAME!!!!😭❤️
Mar 29, 6:48 PM
May 2023
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode!! I also liked the minor twist within this shoujo where the main character's romantic interest (Itsuomi) surprisingly deigning to engage in a petty squabble with his "rival" (her childhood friend), as it evinces a more relatably care-free and childish side of the impressively cool and mature Itsuomi.
Apr 9, 5:50 PM
Sep 2021
Damn, costco never felt so romantic 😍
Apr 10, 7:29 AM
May 2023
rin and kyoya are so cute lol
Apr 12, 12:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That day genuinely felt like a double date lol. I would love to see him travelling with Yuki :) also he invited her to his home, that's already a great step
May 11, 7:24 AM
Oct 2017
I knew it, I was afraid that Itsuomi only liked her because she's deaf, he wants to use her a bit to expand his view of the world, but he might end up hurting her in the progress. Sigh.
Yesterday, 1:06 PM
(◡‿◡✿)

May 2024
The kind of relationship where you can be happy just doing errands together, cause simply enjoying each other's presence its like the funnest thing in the world... >>> ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡ kyaaaa, Itsuomi is everything, he makes me swoon more with every episode. 💘

In my opinion, the people who think Itsu is exploitative of Yuki's disability or narcissistic don't understand him. The last thing he'd want to do is take advantage of her... it's more like he perceives that she is someone who is vulnerable and it immediately activates his protective instincts as a man. I mean, yes, he loves her "because she's different" but it feels to me like he is approaching her with pure intentions. It's easy for him to get with any girl he wants, but he has the patience to understand someone like Yuki, who might typically be socially stratified or excluded due to her disability.

As someone who read the first 5 volumes of the manga in early 2023, I gotta say that this is exactly the adaptation that I hoped and prayed for at the time. It's clearly, flawlessly executed with tenderness and care. You can tell this is the kind of series where the author either is potentially disabled themselves, or knows and genuinely loves someone who is. (After all, in the notes at the end of each volume, the author does explain their research and that they consulted with real deaf/hard-of-hearing people while writing the series.)
peace to a land that was created for peace but never saw a peaceful day 🎵🕊☮️
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

104 by pillowofwinds »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

143 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

129 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.