Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2023 3:47 AM
Jan 2018
An episode dedicated for all the imoutos out there, hope y’all found this to be good!
Oct 29, 2023 4:52 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Playcool
@_Doraemon_
I already finished S2 yesterday and got on track with S3 today.
Since I binge-watched, guess I will use this to comment on it so far.

I was expecting the pacing for S3 to be less rushed than it was for S2, and it is, but I still prefer the pace of S1 than this one.
Whoever, the direction is doing a good job of making it feel like disjointed, tons of things they did skip were minor stuff, and whenever it is something they should not speak, you kinda get a flashback.

This is what I recall from my memories, been too long since I read these volumes.
Episode 1 I liked how they introduced mid fight media-res, then going back, but I was surprised and disappointed that at the end of ep2 and we are already at the end of volume 10!

These decisions were made, probably to give more time for the whole redemption of heroes arc they have going, the thing is I never felt it was that good of an arc, so again, whatever.

Aside from Atlas reveal, what I wanted to see more, they already fucked up with season 2, so next it would be volume 15, but we would need another season to get there, kinda strange they are hyping that fight already when it should be toward the end of a possible S4.

Well whatever, I rushed through to see Atlas animated and the direction of S3 is really good so far, but I hope they eventually slow down this pacing!
@Playcool
Rushing is not bad compared to s2
obviously s1 is far better because it is the opening visuals, there is no way they can skip that
but s3 probably focus on pheonix arc and revival of heros
So most important should be Atla and myne Scenes

p.s - If they want to cover pheonix arc - we probably miss atla and dragon part or naofumi and bow fight
Never expect to slow down
Oct 30, 2023 4:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to _Doraemon_
@Playcool
Rushing is not bad compared to s2
obviously s1 is far better because it is the opening visuals, there is no way they can skip that
but s3 probably focus on pheonix arc and revival of heros
So most important should be Atla and myne Scenes

p.s - If they want to cover pheonix arc - we probably miss atla and dragon part or naofumi and bow fight
Never expect to slow down
@_Doraemon_ S3 will not focus on Phoenix, but the build-up for that.
Unless this is a Part 1 S3, only on a S4 should we see it.

And there is hope to see an S4 because they are trying much harder with S3, than with S2 (and they should have started from there already!), WHY?
They have hopes to animate more, the way I see it.

I prefer S1 pacing, but this directing is far much superior to what was done on S1, so again, hopefully, this means they are taking this seriously now, cuz that Kevin's OST would otherwise be wasted on this.
Nov 1, 2023 6:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing stats!!! kekeke
it´s time of a new adventure!
Nov 3, 2023 8:30 PM
Jan 2021
We get to develop a general understanding of Fohl and Atla’s struggles. Lucky for them that Naofumi came to immediately end all of that. I wonder if Naofumi made that elixir with this healing magic capabilities or if he happened to find that off screen.

I like how Mel despite being so young is more than capable of handling the inner workings that are required to have Lurolona Village running smoothly. It’s unfortunate that as Naofumi mentions that they need stronger defenses, people come to attack. Luckily Naofumi at least was able to prepare a signal flare and I’m assuming they were able to get back so quickly because of his teleportation ability (the heroes can all teleport to places they’ve been before) or that Filo is just that fast. Then again Filo wasn’t apart of the fight.

It seems that Trash (for those of you not familiar, Naofumi changed Aultcray’s name to Trash and Myne’s name to Bitch and Whore) recognizes Fohl and Atla, but more importantly Motoyasu has been found. Personally I would want to save Ren first because he is the most reasonable person of the three stooges (which is ironic given that he’s the youngest as well).

Let’s see what goes down next…
Nov 3, 2023 8:42 PM
Jan 2021
The writing in this episode does not make sense. First they establish that the tiger kid is level 38, and saying wow he's pretty high level. He then gets absolutely rocked by what I assume is just a mid level guy.
Nov 4, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
Best part was seeing Raphtalia jelly asf, she needs to get impregnated by naofomi before its too late lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 5, 2023 1:34 PM
Jan 2017
Not a lot of stuff happens in this episode and that's fine. We get to see how Fohl and Atla adjust to life in Naofumi's village. In fact, Fohl and Atla are the main characters of this episode, while the titular Shield Hero is just relegated to a supporting role. I don't have problem with other characters getting their chances to shine, it's just that Naofumi felt like a supporting character or a glorified extra in season 2 and I don't want that to happen again.

Fortunately, this episode seems to conclude the story arc with the demihuman slaves and the show can focus on the main story. I don't know if Rising of the Shield Hero can rise back to the levels of glory it had in season 1, but anything is better than season 2. We'll see how it goes.
Nov 14, 2023 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
The thing I really really want to know in this show is why the king hates the shield hero so much. I hope they reveal it this season.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 17, 2023 1:20 PM
Nov 2023
muito bom eu simplesmente amei
Nov 18, 2023 6:45 AM

Apr 2011
I thought Fohl could fight. Guess not.

Also why the more powerful people aren't in the village? Shouldn't have left a few to guard the place.
Nov 19, 2023 4:12 PM
Oct 2021
Pretty meh episode overall. It's like they go hard with the fight animations but the dialogue and general character mannerisms are mid if af if not bad. I'm not liking where this is going.
Jan 7, 5:32 PM
Feb 2016
This story is a retarded mess. It’s all gimmick.
Jan 7, 5:49 PM
Feb 2016
Good thing they have a firework to call for help. With all the screaming and fire lighting up the night fucking sky, the Shield Hero might have missed it. The shear levels of fuckin retard in this shit show of a story baffle me.
Jan 24, 3:32 PM
Nov 2020
I deleted this show at S2 because it sucked, the graphics, the pace, the story and the characters. My friend told me the manga is introducing so many new characters it's really going to be good etc so I completed S2.
Point is I've not often seen a "good" anime that during the first few ep of a season I simply hated, was not enjoying to the point I just wanted to delete it out of frustration. Gj Tate no Yuusha... you made me want to delete this anime in S2 and S3. Amazing. Dropped after ep4 and you should be ashamed of this anime.
Jan 29, 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
I thought Fohl was strong? And why the hell did they not have ANY guards?

And do not tell me ahole king is related to the cubs...
Feb 1, 9:13 PM

Feb 2021
That shield prison really something else XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 24, 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
So when Naofumi leaves to do business, he takes every capable fighter with him? Even the grandma who's only purpose is to protect the village? Wtf?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.