Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 12, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
Like when half the budget goes to Carol's bouncing boobs. Truly a "My Dress-Up Darling" moment.

Nice second episode. Carol is here and omg her voice is so cute!
And also thank god they didn't make her talk with awful engrish accent.
Jan 12, 2023 11:55 AM

Nov 2013
This was a fun episode lol. Blonde Chick has Chika vibes.
Jan 12, 2023 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so the bro act is... an act... for the most part.
Jan 12, 2023 12:29 PM

Mar 2022
yea I dunno. Appart from the amazing voice acting of Tomo-chan, the apparent sub zero (emotional) intelligence of the main duo is somehow wearing me down sooner than expected.

I'd watch an episode of Misuzu only tho
Jan 12, 2023 12:31 PM
Oct 2021
preferred this episode to the last. it’s starting to look like a promising season
Jan 12, 2023 12:33 PM
Dec 2022
liked the bombshell Jun dropped on Tomo at the end of the episode
Jan 12, 2023 12:52 PM

Mar 2010
Carol is super cute! Happy to see how she is adapted here too. Poor tomo she just got dropped some interesting information. Happy bouncy sounding op/ends for this anime.
Jan 12, 2023 3:52 PM
Jan 2023
another good episode. i really like tomo's personality. the friendship between tomo and jun is pretty cute.
Jan 12, 2023 3:55 PM

Sep 2020
The new girl is kind funny and silly, her character design also looks a bit different than other characters, very funny episode~
Jan 12, 2023 4:15 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode!

I lost during the skirt scene. I bet that pervert is completely naked under all those clothes. Debauchee!

I'd never suspect to write this, but Carol's VA managed to produce extremely punchable voice. She sounds like a crossbreed of a chipmunk and a rubber chicken that got baked on helium.

R34 fuel:
Jan 12, 2023 5:09 PM

May 2014
SouthRzVa said:

Carol's VA is bilingual since she was born in Los Angeles. She even dubs herself in the english version.
Jan 12, 2023 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
Wata Ame wa warukunai yo ne~
Umm Carol and her aloofness will be the end of Tomo.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 12, 2023 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
Rhapsody- said:
SouthRzVa said:

Carol's VA is bilingual since she was born in Los Angeles. She even dubs herself in the english version.
Oh, I didn't know that. That's really cool actually.
Jan 12, 2023 10:03 PM

May 2015
I'm glad there are a few exceptions for Jun to see Tomo as a girl! Too much Girly Tomo is also a big weakness for him. Also I like Carol, she will be a great addition to this group of friends. 
Jan 12, 2023 11:08 PM

Jan 2021
The idol Carol-chan did not sit well with me initially, but I welcomed her character by the end of the episode. From enemy to friend in a short period. 

I cannot believe how aloof to Tomo's girl side Jun forces himself to be. In this episode, we see that he cares about Tomo's feminine side by being protective in the bus scene and falling from Tomo not wearing those ugly shorts underneath her skirt. 

Tomo chan continues to delight me with her tomboyish dynamics while trying to make Jun fall for her. 

An anime to keep on the watch list for sure. 
Jan 13, 2023 1:03 AM

Oct 2017
Can't get enough of the character interactions and Misuzu, so amusing. Carol is a fun one too.
Jan 13, 2023 5:54 AM

Aug 2017
This is a pretty good little show. Looking forward to the rest. I like Tomo. Not too fond of the blonde girl, but she's ok
Jan 13, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
This episode is a lot fun and that end, I guess that would explain later on why Jun and Gundou don't like each other (and also why Jun is unusually mean to her)

And I must say I can't stand Carol, I mean I don't hate her but this 'stupid who behaves like a 5 year old' is annoying to me. Now she already made friends with Tomo and Gundou maybe she will be less annoying
Jan 13, 2023 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
TasoM said:
Man... I was hoping that Carol would have english accent, what a shame.
Yeah me too, I want to see that but the seiyuu is from America if I'm not mistaken. Now I don't know if she cand do an English accent when she speak english but I hope she does
RedChromeJan 13, 2023 9:04 AM
Jan 13, 2023 9:05 AM

Mar 2014
Rhapsody- said:
SouthRzVa said:

In the dubs does she use English accent or American accent ?
Jan 13, 2023 11:04 AM

May 2009
Better than first.
Jan 13, 2023 11:17 AM

Nov 2014
That's some bomb they dropped at the very end. Hopefully next episode follows it.

And we got such a great Misuzu shot...
idk, there is just something incredibly charming about her face in general.
Jan 13, 2023 11:38 AM

Sep 2015
ThirteenEleven said:
That's some bomb they dropped at the very end. Hopefully next episode follows it.

And we got such a great Misuzu shot...
idk, there is just something incredibly charming about her face in general.
Girls that are mean, cold and smug are incredibly attractive. Smug supremacy hits once again.
Jan 13, 2023 11:57 AM
May 2021
in the first ep when gundo and jun were talking it was clear that he knew that tomo was a girl so without spoiling anything could you explain the whole dynamic between these three
Jan 13, 2023 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like Tomo has actually made a friend in the form of cotton candy.

The bombshell Jun accidentally dropped at the end was funny.
Jan 13, 2023 4:01 PM
Mar 2021
I really don’t know what to say that episode was not good but not bad. The blonde girl had a decent introduction but I fail to see her purpose. Is she a rival for tomo or just a hindrance for Jun. Lil bro in the karate club is just useless bro ain’t done sh1t but act zesty. And the Gundou continues to be a hater low key starting to piss me of like what’s her issue and what she do to Jun in the past ? And what exactly is the dynamic between those 3
Jan 13, 2023 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
(sorry if i said lol too much, this episode was hilarious)

sitting together on the train... nope, tooooooooo close :)

lol random older guy touching her, bad idea :v
tbh i thought she would mention "at least someone looks at me like a girl" but instead she didn't even do anything and Jun was the one taking care of it... interesting i guess...

tomo-chan ep2
sorry if i said lol too much, this episode was hilarious

Jun can't relax when his tomboy friend uses skirts, i wonder why :v

LMFAO did she just look at Misuzu with disgusted eyes and say "are you the type of girl to only use panties under a skirt?" ?????? HAHAHA

oh she took the things off, her legs look good ~~(yes i'm a pervert, sorry lols)~~
also her embarrassed look is cute, that's probably a good way to make others think of her as a girl
the guy got so embarrassed too, that he wasn't paying attention to the road and... had an accident :v i actually hit my head before cause i was looking at phone and there was a street sign too low there :)

how cute of him to hide her from random people on the bus, even if most of them didn't even look

oh no, the wind striking right when she made him look at her, nice timing HAHA
he told her to not wear embarrassing clothes, but she wasn't even thinking about it, apparently Jun made an interesting face

HAHAHA i actually cried from laughing when Misuzu was talking to Jun and he just hit her forehead

there's a new chara, the school idol, and she apparently isn't interested in guys, not even Tomo LOL
when she knew Tomo is a girl, she wanted to poke her :smile: why is Tomo so mad? it's just a little poke

no way Carol just randomly started calling her baka LOL and Misuzu didnt resist to imitate it

DUDE WHAT THE F... first she went on top of Misuzu table, then inside Jun's locker... what's next? inside the toilet water? geez
even "blondie" beats his face, poor guy (at least it doesn't hurt after all the other punches he took
if Carol keeps getting funny screentime like this i might consider her for my winter signature
she only ran for 5 seconds, no push-ups or sit-ups... i wonder how she does in PE classes :D

the jiggles tho, nice jumps :v
and the training is over, time to leave LOL
going for cake... in a limusine with a random suit guy that she doesn't know, freaking rich people haha

seems like Carol wants friends, how cute
she even called out Misuzu bad attitude, she's too honest

uff people scared of talking to her since she is so perfect
Tomo-chan is an angel :D
glad she is rich, so she got a 2nd friend LOL

wtf that end, Jun and Misuzu did what?

meh i'm not a fan of the ending song
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 13, 2023 8:42 PM
Feb 2021
Alexisonfire98 said:
I didn't realize that Tomo is voiced by Takahashi Rie!
What a vocal range.

Yeah, I didn’t realize it until today. Definitely a long ways away from Megumin.
Jan 13, 2023 9:10 PM

Jul 2021
i fucking love this show lmao. so good. the cliffhanger though haha.

there's definitely some short-circuit in jun's brain. he keeps switching from seeing tomo as a girl and not as a girl as per the situation. i'm so so sure that man's just in denial that he likes tomo. the revelation at last part was bonkers. can't wait to see how tomo reacts.

also carol isn't even one bit cute and she literally looks like a doll which isn't good at all.

misuzu is an absolute mommy. the only waifu material girl in this anime.

5/5. great going.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 13, 2023 9:59 PM

Apr 2018
Tomo-chan is so cute! I love tomboys! This anime was made for me!
Jan 13, 2023 10:36 PM

Aug 2019
The characters in this anime are so archetypal lol. I like the simple and fast-paced nature of this show but it isn’t anything special
Jan 13, 2023 10:40 PM

Jan 2022
Damn this episode was filled with funny jokes, I loved it. Damn that reveal at the end, I need to watch what will happens next week.
I like everything, ok
Jan 13, 2023 10:54 PM

Sep 2015
I did giggle at times, but man carol seemed so dull, and lifeless. It felt unsettling.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 13, 2023 11:27 PM
Jan 2023
Man I’m so glad I accidentally started watching in English all the voices were funny anyway but every single Carol delivery DESTROYS me. Though her calling Aizawa dumb-bell isn’t nearly as funny as her just straight up calling her stupid.
Either way this show is impeccable 

I was a bit iffy about where they were young with the ‘don’t wear a skirt’ thing but they managed to resolve it and clarify the skirt wearing wasn’t the issue while being funny about it so I commend that :) 
Jan 14, 2023 12:38 PM

Jul 2017
Junichiro really has no self-awareness, even in public transport of letting girls have seats. This is especially a problem in Japan where gropers are everywhere, and Tomo is facing one herself to alert Junichiro, which thankfully he's aware of. But the one thing that he can't stand, is the idea of Tomo wearing skirts...which she definitely was pissed off at his rude comments. This is even worse when brought to Misuzu, which she has even more cunning words to say...and even removed her shorts to reveal her bare legs, which tripped Junichiro a lot, even to the point of having her panties be shown. All because of Misuzu's playful personality.

The school idol, Carol Olston, she's a beast of an English girl that's Misaki's relative and his fiancé. The somewhat strange Cotton Candy who is infatuated with Tomo and calling her names, finding herself in direct fight with Misuzu is a bad idea, but not one totally lost on her favour to spice some sauce about Tomo. Which is why she was sent to Junichiro's way, and she pulled no punches lols, that Tomo got all worked out. Turns out, Carol is so weak, but boobaliciously effective in her strategy given from Misuzu. It's a deal-breaker for Carol, which she invites Misuzu over for dessert in an unnecessary rich limousine lols. Wanting to be friends with both Misuzu and Tomo, she can't bring herself to say to Tomo, and both just accepted like normal.

OH SHIT...now the secret is out: both Junichiro and Misuzu were once a fling that only Tomo knows now. Yelp...
Jan 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
Dou you ever heard of the mermaid theory? Well Junichiro here is experiencing it first hand. It's pretty funny to watch him struggle, haha poor guy!
Jan 14, 2023 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
There's something slightly off in the direction of the scenes that is flawed which doesn't make every scene flawless in its atmosphere.
Misaki and Carol's voices aren't great either. Even though none are what I imagined, the main three's and the supporting cast's is great, but Misaki and Carol's... especially Carol's is mediocre from what fits their character in the manga. Disappointing.

I haven't reread these correlating chapters, but I bet a lot of scenes were cut this episode as well.
Jan 14, 2023 7:52 PM
Nov 2019
it was very funny!
Jan 14, 2023 10:42 PM
Jul 2019
Oh c'mon Tomo, didn't you realize that Juichiro is already treating like a girl?
Jan 15, 2023 12:09 AM

Aug 2014
Misuzu might be one of my favorites here XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 15, 2023 2:23 AM

May 2015
This Carol girl is pretty weird and annoying.
Jan 15, 2023 6:46 AM
Nov 2008
Carol is such a fun and chaotic character, and her VA Sally Amaki does a great job voicing both the EN and JP ver! For Sally I'll watch both SUB & DUB
Jan 15, 2023 7:24 AM

Jun 2020
omg…..I was thinking oh ok that’s cute when Jun flicked Misuzu forehead…..OK SO THEY DATED

I laughed a lot this episode, Misuzu & Carol are so funny LOL….Miss I’ll be your friend cos you seem rich & Miss I’m glad I’m rich LMFAOOOOO

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 15, 2023 8:23 AM

May 2018
I think its a okay episode, Carols voice seems abit annoying as i cant stand it

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jan 15, 2023 12:23 PM

May 2015
Carol is funny,

The revelation at the end though, huh. Is that why Jun and Misuzu are so cold to each other.
Jan 15, 2023 1:39 PM
Sep 2016
I like when a character is "aware" and tries to actively pursuer the thing they want in some form. Eps2 is a nice continuation from eps1 and i liked it : )
Jan 15, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2020
I'll admit, I was a little on edge when I read the synopsis for the first half of the episode. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the story went in a completely different direction and really made me like Jun. He was very protective of Tomo and turned in the groper which was refreshing to see it not played up for laughs. However the relationship between Carol and Misaki is a bit odd, seeing as how they're relatives...

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jan 15, 2023 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
Misuzu is right, Tomo does wear her skirt very short. I noticed in the first episode, the skirt is so short it seems like it'd be against the dress code rules or something.

Carol is ~limited edition~ because she's a British person in Japan

I'm not liking her bimbo personality though, definitely not my favorite character.

Misuzu is a real one, she's a good friend in her own way.

Lol @ Tomo still being able to sweep the floor with these guys even when she's sad and distracted

Love the frame of angel Tomo

Jan 15, 2023 10:37 PM
May 2020
Can we just stop a minute and take how good Rieri’s handling Tomo’s voice, lmao. It’s like a whole different level of her past characters.Anyways, I’m loving it.
Jan 16, 2023 12:39 AM
Apr 2018
Her Personality.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2023

327 by Lanz »»
Jun 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

159 by Magicmist »»
Jun 3, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

125 by Magicmist »»
Jun 2, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2023

163 by Magicmist »»
Jun 1, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

178 by Magicmist »»
May 30, 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.