Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 18, 2022 11:17 PM

Jul 2008
A good way to end the series. It would be nice to get the extra skills from that spider boss though. Also, I wish Amanda had revealed the truth about Fran’s parents to her as there is no harm in doing it at such an early stage.

Hopefully, a second season will be available.
Dec 19, 2022 12:03 PM
Apr 2021
O anime é incrível, recomendo 100%.
Dec 19, 2022 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ Amanda,

"I will protect Fran-chan" *destroys the spider*

*runs toward Fran with booba bounces*

*angry Fran ensues* LOL

Amanda: "oopies"

___ ___ ___

And they downsize Urushi to hide his actual power level (which is Mystical, lol)

And she gets a new armor, hmm... what was that meme about Capes being dangerous? lol (tho they also solved the whole "bikini armor" trope, the armor is powered by magic to repel certain amounts of damage taken even if it's just a belt)

Also, what's the point of Class Change again besides just a title? Cause even before Fran got a class, she can already do the skills based on Sword...

___ ___ ___

And then Fran finally leaves newbie town. LOL

And "Mamanda", that's a really cute nick-name. AWWWW....

And turns out... Fran's parents was the 2 black kittens that Amanda used to train... hmm... how old is Amanda again? **gets Lightning'd**

___ ___ ___

And Fran decides to go Sword-Riding... where's Urushi?
amlgDec 19, 2022 4:00 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 20, 2022 3:51 AM
Dec 2021
Fran is so cute...

Dec 20, 2022 5:19 AM
Oct 2019
Nice satisfying finale!!

No way, Amanda are the one who raise Fran Parent?
Fran calling her Mamanda, my heart...

Nice tease cliffhanger there.

Fun ride from the beginning till the end, hopefully another season got greenlight.

7/10
Dec 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Feb 2013
StallionXD said:
This anime reminds me of BOFURI on how damn mid it is, not bad, but boring, I'm ok (sometimes) with OP protagonist (like Rimuru from TenSura, a great isekai that really should do a crossover with this one, a Slime and Sword duo could be fun), because most of the times the side characters are great, but here are no side characters, no one did anything, Amanda was mostly annoying, and the damn sword, he IS the true protagonist here and I hate him, dude can't stfu for 5 seconds lmao.
Anyways, I only watched this because Fran is cute af, but in the end she is just another mid insolent & OP brat.

5/10 score for this series, I would still watch a 2nd season, they did drop the TO BE CONTINUED after all...

PD: I liked Fran's white armor way more, it was really cute, she looks weird with the new one.

PD2: before someone gets mad at my comment, I say "mid" not as an insult, I don't really know what other word to use to express this, english is not my main language.

I would not say they are that similar first BOFURI was not the best translated its more a character based show where Maple does stupid/weird stuff to get these oddly overpowered ability. But this show is much more action based So Fran and Teacher take on a more classic shonen protagonist, yes she is more similar to goku.
Dec 21, 2022 9:17 AM

Jan 2008
Was overall pretty average, nothing spectacular anime wise. Thankfully Fran is cute and that's all that matters.
Dec 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
I love the rationalization for bikini armor. (Although Fran's does cover a bit more, the explanation would still apply).

My mind immediately went to "bet they are Fran's parents" as soon as they showed it was a male and female black cat Fran raised at the orphanage, but having it confirmed before the first season ended was nice.

Speaking of nice, the quick announcement of a second season certainly falls into that category.
Dec 21, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2019
This was a pretty good isekai anime with some great action and music. Fran was a cutie, Amanda was cool, and the other supporting characters were also good. The revelation that Amanda took care of Fran's parents but failed to train them in combat hangs over her head and probably explains why she's so attached to Fran. I don't think we know for sure if Fran's parents are alive so maybe it will come up in the future in the next season.

I am looking forward to season 2 (just announced) and enjoyed watching this first season. Just a couple of minor dislikes were that some episodes felt rushed (like the final episode) and, from what I understand, some scenes were cut from the light novel. Overall I give this a 7/10.
Dec 21, 2022 12:49 PM
Oct 2013
Not bad, not good, 5/10!
Dec 21, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2020
Guilenp said:
Just 12 episodes, why ? :/

because it's expensive !

Is it me or did Fran make us an Asta ! xD
Dec 21, 2022 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
Not a bad twist with Amanda knowing Fran's parents. Pretty good finale and looking forward to S2.
Dec 21, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2018
Season 2 confirmed! Immediately added to the watchlist. 
Dec 21, 2022 9:31 PM

Feb 2019
i'm soooooo glad to hear there's gonna be a second season already for this series! i mean, they can't show that post-credit scene and then nothing, ya know?

and i had a feeling the black cats Amanda used to look after were Fran's folks. and it was sweet that Fran decided to call Amanda "mom-anda" just that once hehehe
Dec 22, 2022 5:14 AM

Nov 2019
The parents! I didn't know...
Dec 22, 2022 10:56 PM
Feb 2021
I normally hate isekai but this one was very enjoyable—will definitely be watching S2.
Dec 24, 2022 5:03 AM
Aug 2018
Fran was cute (her seiyuu did an amazing job too), there were some good OST (first time in a while where I went to look for an OST not released on youtube) and some good fight. 

However, the writing is pretty bad with a lot of "coincidence" or "inconsistency" all over the place, which make it hard to enjoy the show fully.

First of all, you have to wonder how the guild even survived two days before Fran shows up.
Then, everything which happens early with the guild, just "happen" but... the author is just forcing it.
First, you have the C Rank examinator going full power on a newbie black cat, a race supposedly one of the weakest... Sure... Please tell me how anyone except Fran is supposed to pass the examination ? (also, why didn't she get promoted to at least E rank ?)
I mean the three G rank we saw fighting some goblins in the next episode, surely, would have lasted one second against the C Rank. 
Then, the GM "examine" Fran to see if she has any bad intention... While ten second after, there is three really "bad guys" who are trying to kill her... inside the guild and... not only no one interrupt it... Fran has to save herself the receptionist. 
I don't mind that a guild has some bad guys, but, please just be consistent... Don't tell us the GM doesn't want anyone with bad intention in his guild when he doesn't even care 3 bad guys try to kill people... 
And please, it doesn't make sense they even try to kill the receptionist unless they want the whole guild to turn against three weak pathetic dude. 
The problem is... Things happen because the author wants to but he doesn't try to make it consistent or justify. At least, make them attack outside of town or something... 
Also, if you're trying to say, people despise back cast, then, make it consistent. After this one incident, no one care (in the guild). 

Then, when Fran is fighting against 100 goblin, the rescue party is composed of the three useless G rank (but good for them to come back) and three other people. Really ?
By "coincidence", the best fighter are out of town. Sure... (especially when everyone know the army is not going to help them when there is trouble because they don't like adventurers)

Then, 50 dude and a C rank are getting destroyed by goblin, they all see Fran destroying goblin, going alone in the cave, soloing the whole thing... and then people say she doesn't deserve D-Rank ? Yeah, sure, she should be B-rank at least... 

But, anyway, everything seems to be in favor of Fran :
The special skill of the demon (steal skills) doesn't work,
The stupid guy with the detect lie skill could have been a really hard to deal opponent (nothing is harder than politics), but, he self-detroyed in two days because someone steal his skill (sure...)
The red cat could have been a good opponent, but he was destroyed in one second,
The strongest adventurer (rank A) could also have been a formidable opponent... but she had to love Fran from the start. 
When Fran get teleported, against a very strong opponent, she get away pretty "easy" and doesn't even reflect after she needs to be stronger on her own...
Also, Sensei just have to be able to summon a wolf which can detect her scent.... but Fran was teleported, she was behind a wall at least one kilometer away... how the hell can the wolf track her ? I'm not an expert, but, even the best dog could not magically find me if I teleported two kilometers away... Dog can follow a scent but not pick a scent from someone far away, in a dungeon, where Fran and hundred of beast have been going around. 

But, anyway, if the author could just fix his habits to make stuff happen for the sake of it, it could be a much better experience.
Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the second season. 
Dec 24, 2022 5:33 PM
Feb 2019
Been reading this since the light novels came out. Been reading the manga as well, the anime did a great job at capturing the story. Even adding some good moments here and there.
Dec 25, 2022 12:42 AM

May 2021
Bye-bye Mamanda. Man, they timed the reveal of Fran's parents so well. Next season, Fran becomes the Sword Surfer and takes on the Silver Surfer.

Dec 25, 2022 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
omg that epilogue! is he, that necromancer an ally or a foe!?!? i'm intrigued!!! HOPE for S2!!!
5/5.

Dec 25, 2022 3:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ended up liking this more than i thought i would, really wholesome relationship with Fran and her dad sword. 

Glad it's getting a season 2.
Dec 25, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2021
So that spider still the last boss and finally She called Mamanda to Amanda :)

Can't wait to see the next season!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 26, 2022 1:29 PM

Aug 2017
Awww. Really did not want this isekai to end. It has been amazing so far.

Love seeing Fran go on adventures with her sword. Now she got a fluffy wolf to ride on. Hell yeah!

Can't wait for season 2.

Dec 26, 2022 9:39 PM
Nov 2020
I liked the twist at the end about the relationship between Fran and Amanda. Although, I was really looking forward to see Fran evolve instead but I guess we'll have to wait until the next season.
Dec 27, 2022 10:31 AM
Dec 2022
perfect good isekai
Dec 27, 2022 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah I mean I liked this overall. Typically avoid shitty isekai but I could tell this wasn't a typically OP male mc with a harem that follows him around for no reason. I mean he's still OP af as a sword, but Fran is pretty useless without him sharing all his abilities. I'd still find the series more interesting if they weren't just stupid fucking OP off the rip with this extremlely gamified world, but that's just modern isekai for you. It was pretty fun tho and avoided some of the tropes I hate in these types of shows.
Dec 28, 2022 2:07 AM
Mar 2012
I like old owl voice. Furion background interesting deserves more screentime.
nice big full party fight, ut Amanda stole mc's kill lol.
New armor quite stylish.
Mamanda moment & her parents aww
Allsand & Raydoss thing made little sense they zoomed passed it.
Necromancer (Amanda's friend?) & floating island? looking forward to s2.

A few episodes were dry when it stayed on too few characters, and droning obsession with pages of game stats. But rather intense choreographed fights, worldbuilding, some plot, fun cast, caring ken dad, & cute funny cat really held its own in the isekai sea.
Dec 28, 2022 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
I actually enjoyed this more than I expected.

I knew it, Amanda orphans are Fran parents. such a cliche, but it's fine since Fran now have someone who look her like her own child.
Dec 30, 2022 4:45 PM

Sep 2019
The novel went downhill real fast so enjoy this season while you can.
C6R5 Raiden
Dec 31, 2022 6:18 AM
Mar 2021
ìt's just good it's funny has alot of action and has a very good story line
Dec 31, 2022 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
It ended well. So Amanda is the one who raised Fran's parents. She's pretty much her grandma. This explains why  she's so caring to her.

The series is fun to watch. Also, Frans is just adorable but powerful. 

Looking forward to season 2. 
Jan 3, 2023 7:32 AM
Nov 2020
Very Good experience
Jan 4, 2023 8:52 PM
Jun 2019
best episode. fran and sensei is best
Jan 5, 2023 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
This show is pretty good, people that reviewed it poorly are full of shit.
Jan 5, 2023 10:02 PM
Jan 2022
Good Wholesome Anime
Jan 6, 2023 12:11 PM

Jul 2022
okay anime ig 6/10
Jan 6, 2023 12:27 PM

Feb 2021
I enjoyed this one a lot! Nice closer episode and a prelude into the next season which is confirmed and that's awesome.

The Mamanda flashback was tear inducing and it makes complete sense why she is so attached to Fran. I hope Amanda continues to have a presence in Season 2.

Fran is adorable, can't wait to see more of her in S2.
Jan 16, 2023 2:57 AM

Jul 2015
I expected this to be terrible because of the weird premise but this turned out to be quite solid watch. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Fran and Teacher.

Jan 16, 2023 4:57 AM
Sep 2020
OHH so basically now everyone knows that Fran is basically on Amanda's level Hahaha !!

This anime is really fun and cute and its really good I'm excited for the next season !!

AHHHH Frans new outfit is so cute too !!! HAHA Teacher reacting like a proper big brother/farther is funny too !!

Bye bye for now Fran see you !!
Jan 20, 2023 2:06 PM
Feb 2021
Interesting series. Still don't know why it takes place in a video game aside from lack of creativity. It was pretty generic but still good. I'm sure it gets better in the later parts, but only because the world itself isn't interesting enough for you to get invested without the characters.
Jan 25, 2023 3:38 PM
Dec 2022
In my honest opinion this anime is absolutely rubbish and I am astonished how anybody likes it at all but I will not argue about somebody else's opinion because I just do not have time for that anyways have a great day
Jan 26, 2023 8:31 PM
Jan 2023
well played mr sword
Jan 28, 2023 3:06 PM
Aug 2020
Meh.
Felt like an average anime with a predictable plot.
Feb 5, 2023 5:16 PM
Apr 2021
I liked this anime a lot but I really wish fran was capable of truly fighting without the sword.

It seems like if she ever loses access to that sword she becomes nothing more than a agile black cat with no skills, techniques, or magic to use...

What is the point of her class as a Sword Mage (now Sword Magus) if she isn't gaining any skills, techniques or magic from it herself.

I realize the whole point of this anime is her bond with the sword, but he is basically the only reason she is capable being anything other than ordinary, and I hope that eventually changes.
Feb 7, 2023 6:15 AM

Nov 2016
damn, Amanda took care of Fran's parents when they were little. that's depressing
Feb 7, 2023 2:09 PM
Feb 2023
i'll be waiting the second season, so far they kept most of the stuff from the manga
Feb 9, 2023 2:34 PM
Aug 2017
Would've been a solid 5/10 middle of the road if it weren't for Amanda, she drops it to a 4/10 at best.

She harasses the hell out of Fran and almost never respects her wishes or space. She doesn't come off as someone that cares about children, she comes off as someone who's obsessed with the idea of children to a degree that's inappropriate (not predatory, different kind of inappropriate).

Other thoughts:

* I watched the first half dubbed, and I honestly prefer Fran's english VA to the Japanese - there's a certain child-like deadpan quality that works really well

* Music and general art design for the world and creatures was pretty good, especially for an isekai

* Minimal creepy/pedo shit. The manga is bad about this in some places, so I'm glad to see there's almost none of it in the anime.

* Plot and world setup is your standard adventurer world litRPG template, don't expect anything interesting there
Feb 16, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2021
A extraordinary anime
Showing a roller coaster of emotions from Joy to Sad
The MP is rich in personality and emotions that can be very relatable.
Feb 17, 2023 7:38 AM
Jul 2020
A really really good show. It has some slime isekai elements to it and i guess thats what made it so fun for me to watch. Def a strong 8/10, glad there will be an s2, and honestly, I might even read the LN
Feb 21, 2023 7:27 PM

Sep 2016
Welp, that dude at the end is the one Amanda was talking about.
Not a bad guy, but a chuuni...this is gonna be fun lol.
bruh
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

374 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.