Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2022 4:49 PM
May 2011
I generally like the slice of life stuff, but this was pretty boring and ugly
Nov 23, 2022 4:59 PM
Apr 2020
Yuri_Cobaia said:
This whole episode felt like filler. Also the whole episode looked like it was going to reveal something dark in the end, like "actually they were trapped in a genjutsu.

But not, its just something different for the sake to be different. Kinda meh episode for me

Germs_N_Spices said:

Sure there is a point. Tome's obsession with aliens was what accidentally brought Mob to the Body Improvement Club in S1E2. She also asked Mob to accompany him to find telepaths, which is how they came across Teru and Koyama in S1E8. This entire arc wraps up one of the longest side plots that's been going on since before Claw or Dimple appeared. The telepathy club putting in the last-ditch effort to find aliens for Tome's sake ties well into the lesson Mob learned in S3E1: "You don't have to know exactly what you want to do in the future, but give it your all everyday so that you won't regret it, and one day you'll figure that out." It also subtly portrayed Mob's proactiveness rubbing off even the laziest characters in the series. The re-introduction of Takenaka also adds an interesting foil to Mob, somebody who, like Mob, chose to reject his psychic powers and practically succeeded in doing so. But with Mob's influence, he realized that he could do better by selectively using his powers for good.

Germs_N_Spices's actual insane literary analysis points out how it ties in with the story although not vital to the plot. How can you watch 2 seasons and a half and not care for these characters' development and interactions. I don't understand because I'm so excited by every development in Mob's friendships. I feel so entranced by the story itself. That's probably only because it's my favorite show and it resonated with me deeply BUT STILLL!!!!
Nov 23, 2022 4:59 PM
Feb 2016
Antanaru said:
Was there any point to this episode? It felt like a full fledged filler. Out of 8 episodes so far, 6 could be easily skipped without missing anything worthwhile. I don't remember why this series was supposed to be good anymore.

none of the episodes have been filler considering this is the final season that concludes everything. it's also not true that "six of the episodes so far could be easily skipped" because episodes 3 through 6 make up one of the most important arcs and character moments through dimple and mob. episodes 1 and 2 are introductory episodes showing the usual cases mob and reigen deal with while serizawa integrates back into society.

this arc, while very much feeling like a fever dream, focuses on tome and her club making the most out of their youth, something they had no desire to do back in season 1 and 2. they're at an age where they can go on completely nonsensical adventures and simply have fun, reminding us that they're still kids without the adult worries they'll eventually have to worry about.
Nov 23, 2022 5:02 PM
Mar 2018
MEU DEUS DO CEU MOB VOCE E MUIT OFODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 23, 2022 5:08 PM

Dec 2021
AlexanderHD said:
Theleux said:

Holy shit, those look amazing! Love this so much, we got so damn lucky with this staff team - so much soul in those drawings!
To be fair, in real life, when we view people from a distance, many peoples' eyesight of their faces aren't capable of capturing the crisp details of their expressions. If I were Mob viewing Reigen from that distance, his face to me would probably appear blurry, jumbled, or void. Even with my glasses.

Realism aside, I really don't think it's an issue worth complaining about. I know some people have nitpicks and pet-peeves, and I think it's a valid observation. But overall for the amount of sheer effort that went into this episode alone, in an incredibly detailed and well-animated season, of a spectacular overall animated series, I think that we should let instances like this slide. Or at least refrain from deducting points for moments like this. I think the animators have earned themselves a few low-effort moments.

Funny enough, I didn't even notice the faceless characters when watching. Maybe because I'm so busy reading the subtitles... or maybe because I might've seen this pulled in other anime and I'm used to it. Maybe I subconsciously thought it was an artistic choice... or maybe I figured characters from a distance weren't supposed to have clearly discernible features... but yeah, I actually never noticed during my watch through.

A lot of the criticisms about the technical aspects of this episode I don't really agree with, but yeah, I noticed the lack of faces at various points, and it looks very bad. I notice that 1-2 times in almost every TV anime ever. It's definitely one of my pet peeves. But it's outlandishly bad in those examples. To be fair, it's not the first time they've done this in MP 100, but it's much more obvious here due to pacing, shot selection, and the fact that 3-4 characters don't have a face. Usually, they choose busier shots when they fail to add a face.
Nov 23, 2022 5:16 PM

Nov 2015
Finally what the president of the Telepathy club has been waiting for since season 1.

Moe eyed aliens.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 23, 2022 5:30 PM
Oct 2020
Consistenty with how the characters look was a bit off but everything else looked so pretty definitely one of my favorite episodes
Nov 23, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2016
WTF did I just watch?!
Nov 23, 2022 5:39 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was definitely, something. Gave me some flashbacks from S2E7… like everyone’s feelings were coming to a closure… truly beautiful.

And I actually thought Inukawa was gonna become the villain or something, like, he was gonna start hating earth and become this super powered being… or something, since we’re probably approaching the final arc.
Nov 23, 2022 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode, so they basically ended up chilling with aliens lmaooo hahaha
But glad he got back safe, it was a nice episode!

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 23, 2022 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
I don't believe I waited a week for this. Da fuq was that? Those Earthworms with limbs, this is the worst episode in the history of anime.
Nov 23, 2022 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
So essentially they did the Urashima Tarou story with Inugawa during the ending credits.
Nov 23, 2022 6:30 PM
May 2022
It the best espisode ever
Nov 23, 2022 6:35 PM
Apr 2016
I mean I’ve always been a fan of Mob’s weirdness but this was just too much, especially this close to the end of the series.
Nov 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Jul 2016
20K rough frames and they were all used for mostly a SoL episode lol. Albeit a pretty crazy one, I gotta say.

But seriously, not really a fan of this episode. Mob Psycho was always absurd but this really felt like jumping the shark.

The sudden Reigen fanservice was appreciated tho.
Nov 23, 2022 6:51 PM

Feb 2016
is this ep a filler?
Nov 23, 2022 6:54 PM
Mar 2021
Seriously, what was that. So unbelievably nonsensical that I couldn’t buy into it. Don’t wanna say it was a bad episode but really not what I wanted to see, especially since we’re so close to the end.
Nov 23, 2022 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
So this was the legendary 27 kerjillion frames episode people have been talking about. It was okay. The wtf did I just watch nature of it made it enjoyable but it just goes to show that cutting corners on the art to make some slightly smoother animation isn't going to always make it look better.
Nov 23, 2022 7:03 PM

Mar 2020
Woahhhh the episode is like a movie. So beautiful animation and sakugas.

What the hell happened with Inugawa 😅
Zorosuke_Nov 23, 2022 7:08 PM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 23, 2022 7:11 PM

Nov 2015
Mr360AttAck said:
is this ep a filler?

No. This is the end of a arc in the manga.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
that was an amazing trip, this show is just peak
Nov 23, 2022 7:34 PM

Dec 2016
AlexanderHD said:

To be fair, in real life, when we view people from a distance, many peoples' eyesight of their faces aren't capable of capturing the crisp details of their expressions. If I were Mob viewing Reigen from that distance, his face to me would probably appear blurry, jumbled, or void. Even with my glasses.

Realism aside, I really don't think it's an issue worth complaining about. I know some people have nitpicks and pet-peeves, and I think it's a valid observation. But overall for the amount of sheer effort that went into this episode alone, in an incredibly detailed and well-animated season, of a spectacular overall animated series, I think that we should let instances like this slide. Or at least refrain from deducting points for moments like this. I think the animators have earned themselves a few low-effort moments.

If we were talking like a distance of 20 to 25 meters the you'd have a point. But this is a really close distance less than 5 meters and probably the only ones who couldn't distinguish facial details this close would be heavily visually impaired people, not middle schoolers in their prime.
KimurahNov 23, 2022 9:03 PM
Nov 23, 2022 7:46 PM

Jan 2019
that was one wild and bizarre episode but it really was wholesome. that was pretty cosmic lol
Nov 23, 2022 7:46 PM

Apr 2018
SouthRzVa said:
20K rough frames and they were all used for mostly a SoL episode lol. Albeit a pretty crazy one, I gotta say.

But seriously, not really a fan of this episode. Mob Psycho was always absurd but this really felt like jumping the shark.

The sudden Reigen fanservice was appreciated tho.

We literally had a giant broccoli come to life by pure faith and almost destroy the city just a couple of episodes ago, I don't think aliens being real is the most absurd thing Mob has ever done.
Nov 23, 2022 8:17 PM

Sep 2018
Is this seriously the last season of Mob? This whole season has been a nothingburger lol.... And the nonsensical nature of this show has risen to almost eye rolling levels this season. Mob has truly lost a lot of it's charm, S1 and especially S2 were great.
Nov 23, 2022 8:34 PM

Aug 2019
I'm genuinely not sure how to process what i watched, i definitely expected aliens cus its Mob Psycho but i didn't expect that outcome. Literally felt like a fever dream the entire time, i thought there was gonna be some twist but i guess not and how everyone was just getting along felt so surreal.
Inugawa's ending was pretty interesting, i also thought some twist was gonna occur but it turned out to be one of the most interesting parts.

Besides that, it was a nice ending for the telepathy club and its members. Kurata made some crazy memory's with them and it all ended on a good note. Probs to the animation this ep, shit felt incredibly smooth for a relaxed ep.
Still haven't gotten over how Takenaka's character was the opposite of what i expected.
Nov 23, 2022 8:39 PM
Mar 2015
fun times with aliens
Nov 23, 2022 8:51 PM
Apr 2021
Middle schoolers' conflict leads to sweet resolution
Nov 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Feb 2021
This was one of the most insane episodes I have ever watched, and I was never expecting something like this...
Nov 23, 2022 9:14 PM
Mar 2021
Didnt we see an episode like this or am i geeking, i feel like i saw mob with aliens before
Nov 23, 2022 9:23 PM
Jun 2022
such a crazy and pure episode, one of best episode in mob psycho 100
Nov 23, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2020
wow wow wow im absolutely floored by this episode. the animation was so amazing, there was so much subtlety in the movements every shot was eye candy. Its easy to say something has great animation when its a huge set piece but its an entirely different making something as simple as going for a hike so absolutely stunning. ive always been a sucker for slice of life especially in shows where it isnt the main focus so this episode felt made for me. giving the club members the extra attention was really great and oh my god Tome was so cute this episode. the aliens were adorable and Inugawa's little adventure at the end was really fun.

The staff clearly put there all into this episode and im personally really grateful for it and i think it turned out spectacularly. definitely a standout episode for the show and hell probably this season for me at least.
Nov 23, 2022 10:04 PM

Apr 2022
this episode was so random lmao love to see it
Nov 23, 2022 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
This was one of the most adorable episodes ever.
Though the animation felt… you know.
My candies:
Nov 23, 2022 10:35 PM
Nov 2018
Aliens are chill.
Nov 23, 2022 10:48 PM

Aug 2021
A small handful of solid sakuga clips (and very strong directing overall) has everyone ignoring the generally terrible production (inconsistent models, jagged frames, poor attention to detail) mixed with the goofiest plot development possible, feeling unbelievable in scale and plot development.

I think this season overall has been great, leaving me somewhat disappointed to the quality of animation and storytelling I usually expect of the series. This episode was beyond defendable though. I think the final arc landing can soften the blow tremendously, but I still can’t believe this fan made-type episode even exists.
Nov 23, 2022 10:54 PM
Nov 2016
This season is pretty weak but I enjoyed the episode at least, it was a charming, weird acid trip I say. Not good enough to make me love this season though but at least I enjoyed this episode and that's all I care about.

So far I only enjoyed 2 episodes this season, Dimple's departure and this one, the rest of the episodes are meh.
Nov 23, 2022 10:59 PM
Oct 2017
my explanation would be mob made an illusion and made everyone believe they met aliens
Nov 23, 2022 11:15 PM

May 2021
They say it's a race that they are winning but so far I don't even saw them at the starting line.

So the build-up episode was for a full Slice-of-life Cute Aliens Doing Cute Things episode, SoL being one of the worst genres in anime with sh*thouses like Aria, Sangatsu, Horimiya, Haruhi, Hyouka, Yuru Camp, etc... Of course this episode wasn't going to be anything special like any SoL stuff, even with the myth of the "20K frames", now some wannabe's are calling the episode an "acid trip" just to justify themselves, I guess I will call Naruto filler worldbuilding and then we are all ok with it, wtf was even the point of last 3-4 minutes? Did he wanted to make some Bradbury parody or what? Extremely disgusted with the outcome of this arc, 4.5/10 episode and the season is at 5.4/10.
Nov 23, 2022 11:25 PM
May 2021
wtf felt like watching an acid trip unfold
Nov 23, 2022 11:29 PM
Feb 2022
Truly an amazing episode.
Nov 23, 2022 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
Best episode ever.

15 minutes of wholesome
5 minutes of movie-quality weird

Loved it
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Nov 24, 2022 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
After coming to this thread I have a lot more appreciation for the episode. Before that I was trying to unpack my initial feelings about the episode. Not having read the manga, I first of all wondered if it was filller because it was so out there and different (I mean, ALIENS). And second of all I was perplexed by the slice of life pacing and general dreamy mood. The end of the ep REALLY threw me for a loop lol. But coming to find out it is canon to the manga too, and realizing it's exactly like ONE to add in something this bizarre and almost silly to his already unique stories. And then realizing this is probably BONES' swan song type episode where they took the slice of life aspect (and the entire end fever dream sequence) pretty seriously for emotional impact. I still would have preferred for the overall sake of the show if they had condensed it into one single faster-paced episode, which would have made it inherently funnier because this mind-boggling set of events is happening pretty fast.
Nov 24, 2022 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Why the Aliens reminds me of Tsubomi? lol

Nov 24, 2022 1:32 AM
Feb 2022
I love how the animation made Prez prettier. The shining light of friendship made me tear a little bit, truly beautiful. I can say no more.
Nov 24, 2022 1:33 AM
Dec 2020
GosuDRM said:
Why the Aliens reminds me of Tsubomi? lol

Coz Tsubomi has the same type of eyes
Nov 24, 2022 2:54 AM

Mar 2021
Antanaru said:
Was there any point to this episode? It felt like a full fledged filler. Out of 8 episodes so far, 6 could be easily skipped without missing anything worthwhile. I don't remember why this series was supposed to be good anymore.
Yeah man I feel the same, there's no spark compared to the previous seasons. This doesn't feel like a final season at all...

GakutoDeathGlare said:
Is this seriously the last season of Mob? This whole season has been a nothingburger lol.... And the nonsensical nature of this show has risen to almost eye rolling levels this season. Mob has truly lost a lot of it's charm, S1 and especially S2 were great.
Gotta agree, it's been quite wack so far... whatever the rest of the episodes do will sadly be affected by these 2/3rds of the season

Nov 24, 2022 3:16 AM

Jul 2016
Fail_Man_X said:
I generally like the slice of life stuff, but this was pretty boring and ugly

It just seemed to serve zero purpose.
Nov 24, 2022 3:20 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay chill episode before the last big story arc i think. I liked it to calm down and now i'm ready for the next week!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 24, 2022 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
MugiwaraJopa said:
Antanaru said:
Yeah man I feel the same, there's no spark compared to the previous seasons. This doesn't feel like a final season at all...

GakutoDeathGlare said:
Gotta agree, it's been quite wack so far... whatever the rest of the episodes do will sadly be affected by these 2/3rds of the season

I can already tell you people are the "Fight Scene=Plot" types
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

163 by SatanicAngel25 »»
May 26, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

240 by jaesverse »»
May 26, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

624 by GureJoestar »»
May 24, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

28 by JVskunkape »»
May 19, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2022

225 by RGreatDanton »»
May 7, 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.