Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2022 11:02 AM
Aug 2021
Aki in that episode >>>
Nov 15, 2022 11:06 AM

Jun 2020
Very nice episode. A lot of the shots were really good and the animation remained fluid as always. Eternity Devil is pretty creepy when animated. Denji taking a nap was funny as well as Power eating all the food (these two and their banter are so much fun). The backstory of Aki and Himeno gave some nice insight into their relationship.

That cliffhanger was brutal

x x x
Nov 15, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
PLEASE DON'T HATE KOBENI!

Give her a chance xD
Nov 15, 2022 11:07 AM
Sep 2022
Esse episódio foi muito bom.
A música de encerramento está maravilhosa...
Nov 15, 2022 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
this episode by far was the best so far, seeing some of the characters true personalties showing in dire situations, denji's idgaf attitude in conjuction to kobeni's panic state. The Eternity devil is by far one of the scariest looking devils, especially when you see it running towards you

Nov 15, 2022 11:10 AM
Jan 2017
Knock that girl out!!!
Nov 15, 2022 11:12 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Fantastically amazing episode. CSM never misses, it really brings life to the silent Manga panels. Suddenly this hotel arc feels much more thrilling in the Anime as opposed to the Manga.
Nov 15, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2021
bruh what in the blue balling was the cliffhanger.

denji getting his chainsaw's out is the one thing i look forward to and they end it like this. they really be playing with us.

did not expect them to agree to kill denji at the end. aki saving denji wasn't really surprising at the end though. glad he did.

next episode should be great. looking forward to it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 15, 2022 11:24 AM
Jan 2021
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? why did they have to leave on such a good moment, im on my toes for next episode!
Nov 15, 2022 11:29 AM

Jan 2021
Just as I expected from going by the manga arc this was adapting, this episode was boring af, basically nothing happened after the initial scene, and they had the dare to actually drag the arc for a third episode which I can't get.

Of course, Aki is still far and away the best part of the series, and the moment he saves Denji from everyone else even when he can't stand him shows how he's the true hero of the story.
Nov 15, 2022 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Solid episode, Kobeni is unstable af & Power can kick rocks with her 100% sales tax. Next episode is the one that will break the internet as far as this season goes. Cannot wait for anime only to see this.
Nov 15, 2022 11:31 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Definitely a rough introduction for Kobeni, I thought it would take longer for the group to resort to trying to kill Denji but nah Kobeni went knife crazy lol, it is kinda understandable after that little bit of background we got for her being that she was pretty much forced to be a Devil Hunter, but yeah I can see why some people might hate her after this episode, but with how she’s a character I’ve been highly anticipating I got patience for her to get better. She did have some good moments too like when she kept making scared Kobeni noises in the beginning and I did find her knife threatening on Arai to be funny lol.

I also enjoyed getting more Himeno and Aki backstory, it definitely helps explain why Himeno didn’t want Aki to use the sword no matter what and also makes scenes with the two of them even better. And the Eternity Devil (killer name) is proving to be a very strong opponent, I love that it went from a tiny head to a massive wall of flesh. I’m excited to see how Denji deals with it next episode. And yet another awesome ED, love how it’s fitting for the arc with the visuals too.
Nov 15, 2022 11:32 AM
Mar 2021
Cliffhanger....
Nov 15, 2022 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
There wasn't much going on in the episode but the directing and the presentation elevated a potentially boring episode, to something more tense and mad as a whole with seeing characters break down in situations like these, especially when it came to Kobeni. She could come across as divisive in this episode, but given how she never even wanted to do this and was in such a panic over something like this while still being inexperienced, her overreactions made sense here. She's not my favorite in this series by any means, but her being an annoying prick made sense here to establish how unnervy the situation was. It was also cool seeing more of Himeno (definitely one of my favorite characters from this series I would say) and some of her past history with Aki and how he defended her once by pulling a prank on her former deceased partner's girlfriend like that. He gave off bro vibes for that on top of putting his body on the line to protect Denji when Kobeni was on the way to stab him.

The directing, camerawork, composition was really good here and this arc actually is more engrossing in anime form than the manga for these reasons. The sound design was great too, I could feel and hear the tension in the air as they get more frustrated with being stuck there, besides like Denji who was pretty quiet for his standards until the end there when he dove off to fight the Eternity Devil. Nice cliffhanger there to close off a slow, but effective enough episode. In most shows, an episode like this would be so boring and dull to sit through but CSM's staff did more than enough to turn a nothing episode to a sort of tense, setup episode with some purpose and value. This episode also got to show off the characters and their personalities more in detail as they are closed off and forced to spend time together in figuring out how to get out of the trap they were in.
Nov 15, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
Still waiting for this anime to be the so called "Masterpiece" a lot of people have hyped for.

Half of episodes to go, lets goooo!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 15, 2022 11:37 AM
Jul 2022
loved kobeni, best episode
Nov 15, 2022 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Full on squeeiverse episode. That last leap. MC is coming to terms with his overwhelming power and darn that horny brat, he just wants a smooch!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 15, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
WOW every single episode is better than the last.

The animation must've taken an incredibly long time to complete.
The character movements are all so fluid. That slow motion running sequence, or the shot of the woman turning the corner on the stairway... every shot and angle is so perfect.

It's hard waiting an entire week for less than thirty minutes of new content - each week. But what right do I have to complain when the people behind the anime devoted so much time and effort to bringing this series to life? But CSM is so incredibly good that it's been the highlight of my week, every week. Since Episode 1, I've been myself excitedly waiting for the following Tuesday. Now the clock's reset and I've got 168 more hours to go until the next one. The episodes go by so fast too! Seems like they're over as soon as they start!
This is probably the only anime to ever make me rewatch episodes because I liked them so much. 10/10 for sure.
Nov 15, 2022 11:44 AM
Jun 2020
didn't realize how unlikable kobeni was at this point
Nov 15, 2022 11:51 AM
Dec 2019
this episode was a bit boring and it had the first ending song that i didn't like. the animation was great tho.
Nov 15, 2022 11:52 AM

Jun 2016
the cliffhanger is so fucking ASS !!!

now i need to wait next week again !!
Nov 15, 2022 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
even though people keep saying that this was boring id say this was the episode that is making me consider reading the manga after this season ends
Nov 15, 2022 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Fuck kobeni, she's patheic af
Nov 15, 2022 12:03 PM
Apr 2021
I like what they did at the end when he jumped in. I dont remember if it happened like that in the manga but it was cool. Plus crazy kobeni was interesting to watch
Nov 15, 2022 12:05 PM
Sep 2021
I hate cliffhangers
Nov 15, 2022 12:06 PM

Nov 2021
Amazing, literally every shot in this episode is perfection
Nov 15, 2022 12:09 PM
Aug 2020
this show goes hard
Nov 15, 2022 12:14 PM
Mar 2022
This EP felt really short for me. EP 5 and 6 feel like it could have been 1 EP, it is definitely long winded for the past 2 EP but I am hoping that things move forward in EP 7.
Nov 15, 2022 12:15 PM

Dec 2015
peak peak peak peak peak
Nov 15, 2022 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
very cool episode.
only one flaw, that being the schizophrenic dumbass girl who was the most useless problem-starting bag of shit who wanted to kill everything cuz she is a pussy
Nov 15, 2022 12:20 PM

May 2021
Llexa said:
Best bro Aki!! Although he doesn't say it, it really shows that he cares for Denji. Also love seeing Power stopped Aki's bleeding. Love this trio!!
U will love them all in newer eps, especially Power she will develop hella cool (tho she is a demon basically) so stick with it! (Aki ofc too, and Denji especially Denji and Power relationships)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2022 12:22 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Wow, that last scene of Denji falling into the Eternity devil was so well done. The cinematography in this episode was particularly stellar.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 15, 2022 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
God damn this episode felt like 5 minutes. Konebi really went off the deep end this episode, but her situation is pretty shitty so I get it. Himeno acts very badass but she's really overprotective of Aki which is fair given her other partners and how much they seem to have bonded but it really almost fucked everything up here. Lol at Japan tho trying to make smoking seem cool. I mean I guess if you're going to have a short lifespan anyway lol
Nov 15, 2022 12:28 PM

Apr 2022
kobeni losing her shit lmao. no one can even complain about the eternity devil bc it was 2D and done so well
Nov 15, 2022 12:31 PM
Nov 2021
Why did it take him the whole episode to do anything at all?

Why didn't they try making a hole in a wall or something?

Why did they let her keep the knife?

Eternity is sort of scary, i suppose

When is this character? https://myanimelist.net/character/19950/Evil_Chainsaw-man?q=chainsaw%20man&cat=character

Beanie and co wasn't that bad

Goodbye
NotAnApartmentNov 15, 2022 12:46 PM
Nov 15, 2022 12:34 PM
Aug 2022
i'm pretty sure that all of the episodes i have given 5 stars. this is no exception! i was really invested with the devil hunters trying to solve the mystery on why they were stuck on the 8th floor of the hotel. the eternity devil wanting to make a contract to swallow denji is really interesting. does it want to swallow him in order to manifest his chainsaw powers? i don't know if that's possible but it's fun to think about.
i also felt really pitiful when kobeni said the only reason why she is devil hunting. it really did feel like a realistic situation and i almost shed some tears when she broke down, but then power started laughing-
also we get some more backstory about aki and himeno.ily himeno but wtf peer pressuring aki to smoke ain't cool. ah well. i found it funny how aki said that smoking was bad for your bones rather than lungs. is it actually bad for your bones? i'm too lazy to research that..
that cliffhanger is absolutely killing me. i have to wait a whole week to see what denji does in order to avoid being eaten. i'll find out next tuesday..
and one more thing, i'd love to learn more about aki's sword. it must be really powerful but it can get him killed..? atleast that's what i got. pretty sure it'll be explained later though.
Nov 15, 2022 12:34 PM
Apr 2022
accidentally put 1 put of 5.. sorry
Nov 15, 2022 12:35 PM
Jan 2021
HueyLion said:
Still waiting for this anime to be the so called "Masterpiece" a lot of people have hyped for.

Half of episodes to go, lets goooo!

It won’t reach that point until the next cour, it still gets a lot better this cour though!
Nov 15, 2022 12:36 PM

Aug 2019
Starting to like Himeno, she seemed to be pretty level headed until she also just lost her shit at the end there

Nov 15, 2022 12:38 PM

Aug 2021
kanaria actually has a quite nice voice wow
Nov 15, 2022 12:40 PM

Apr 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Japanese love sticking around number eight for some reason, don't they? This time it's the eighth floor. Working of a devil and now the gang is fully trapped on the eighth floor, neither can they climb or descend nor get outside with the means of rooms or windows. Yes, a nightmare indeed for normal beings like Kobeni and Arai to stick with the not-so-normal rest of the bunch in these times.

Aki and Himeno go back a long way, I mean it was already obvious after the last episode but a bit more background telling is always welcome. Also not going to lie, feels good when it’s a woman who made you a tobacco addict( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The one responsible for everything made its appearance, eternity devil. Straight up demanding for killing Denji.. and well people in this series certainly don’t hold back when it’s about their self interests lol. Everyone baited Denji to the devil but hey Aki was the sole one who was against it.. got the consequences sadly.

AND THE MOMENT, Denji jumping off… fuck you cliffhanger.

The most average ED till now, this 6th one quite honestly.

8 is just an upright infinity symbol so it makes a lot of sense
Nov 15, 2022 12:41 PM
Dec 2020
Best episode so far.
Nov 15, 2022 12:42 PM
Jun 2020
Kobeni's VA did an amazing performance this episode!
animation was also SMOOTH
Nov 15, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
I can't believe we're already half way through. Every episode has been great so far.

I'm really liking Aki, it's cool they're showing us his backstory alongside Himeno.

Kobeni was unbearable to be honest.

Also lol at Power wanting wanting to implement a 100% sales tax. Thinking like a true argentinian politician I see.
Nov 15, 2022 12:46 PM
May 2022
Hella Good. The animation is beautiful as always as and the episode is interesting and good. I really like the Ending song and the visuals are chill but still beautiful
Nov 15, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2021
I knew they were going to end it there.

Next episode will be one of my favorite moments from the manga.
Nov 15, 2022 12:53 PM
Jan 2022
NeJlEpŠí!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 15, 2022 12:54 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was quite good, but the next one will be even better with the cliffhanger we got. Well, loved the backstory on Aki and Himeno and it made you like her even more than you already did probably. She's fun and likes to mess around. On the other hand, Kobeni's just 404 error.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 15, 2022 1:15 PM
Jan 2022
Best episode ever
Nov 15, 2022 1:18 PM
Sep 2018
The CGI seemed a lot clunkier in this episode but I loved the development of the characters' personalities.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.