Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2023 12:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
These last couple of episodes keep me comenting when I want to be lazy and only comment in the final one after I binge everything... dammit!

CUTE, I loved the interaction between the siblings and the backstory, like I really want the brother to appear more cuz I found that he brings more layers out of Shikimori, seeing different angles of her character is very enjoyable.

@falko92 Probably so, but this is what we got and it still works, but this anime really started rather slow but got just better and better, and would have been more engaging from the start with this episode, but that is mostly on the mangaka that probably at first didnt project the series was gonna be that sucess and as it keep going, decided to add this when he realized he needed to further expand the plot and background for the characters.
Sep 24, 2023 1:46 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Playcool
These last couple of episodes keep me comenting when I want to be lazy and only comment in the final one after I binge everything... dammit!

CUTE, I loved the interaction between the siblings and the backstory, like I really want the brother to appear more cuz I found that he brings more layers out of Shikimori, seeing different angles of her character is very enjoyable.

@falko92 Probably so, but this is what we got and it still works, but this anime really started rather slow but got just better and better, and would have been more engaging from the start with this episode, but that is mostly on the mangaka that probably at first didnt project the series was gonna be that sucess and as it keep going, decided to add this when he realized he needed to further expand the plot and background for the characters.
@Playcool Yes! that was true, and i loved this anime btw! waiting for S2 or maybe be less busy at work and I'll read the manga!

This wasnt as slow as Komi-san hehe
Jan 10, 3:29 AM

Dec 2022
Now I know how much Shikimori means to Izumi, being his 'hero' that pulled him out of loneliness and misplaced guilt. All that's left is to finally get a kiss in the last episode.
Jan 13, 11:57 PM
Jan 2022
interesting episode
Jan 30, 12:05 PM
Nov 2022
mrdka, týpek perma padá na držku a týpka ho perma zachraňuje jak malý štěně. Nic se tam neděje a všechno je extrémně přehnané a přehypené. jžš
Feb 5, 7:39 AM

Jun 2021
Izumi... so much bad luck that it came to full circle and become finally good by making her meet Miyako in person.

Didn't expect a lot with the first half of this episode but after that, it became one of the best. Just one small criticism... Shikimori could have easily avoided to stop doing karate (especially if she actually enjoyed it) and still pulling off the "trying to become more cute" do-over at the same time, and it's satisfying reading the previous comments and not turning out as the only one with such opinion. Check that, she was already cute and interesting exactly because she was into martial arts since she was so young. It was beautiful to watch that all those round kicks she did to save Izumi from safety hazards in previous episodes are now justified with some background for her (and thank you so much Fuji for bringing her to training with you and making her become a badass). Ok, one more smaller little detail... it would have been even cooler if she was doing kata competitions instead of 1 on 1 fighting, but i digress. Also, before growing her hair long (good, she looks even better in present day) she reminded me of Ichika Nakano somehow.

"Ruby Dia" is the name of the lipstick? What happened? The Kurosawa sisters from Love Live Sunshine has stopped being idols and opened their fashion products business?

_untitledFeb 5, 7:44 AM
Mar 31, 2:35 PM
Apr 2021
Awww what a nice episode about Shikimori’s past it was nice to see how she became who she is rn and it’s all bc she lacked individuality so she decided instead of following her mom and brother she she wanted to be a cute girl and spruced herself up to make herself more appealing to the eye of others bc of the manga she read from her friend. I’d say that’s a cute way of changing who you are yk😊

Lowkey she could’ve still done karate while at the same time be cute when she’s not in class yk💀😭

It’s funny how Fuji seems like the type to be picking girls up but nah HE’S the one being picked up by girls🤣
Treyv0nMar 31, 3:02 PM
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Mar 2024
Personally this was one of my favourite episodes getting to see more backstory about Shikimori her past, about their first meeting and how she became the person she is today. I also really liked how her brother got a little more screen time in this ep. How he bought the lipstick for her almost had me tearing up we all need a brother like him :))
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2022

152 by jairo3634 »»
May 9, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.