Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 16, 2022 12:17 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
wow. i’m surprised to see so many people choosing “loved it”. i would have thought with general bias people would say “liked it”. i thought it was very mediocre. the plot is bad and i haven’t really payed attention to the visuals or animation but i assume they’re…. fine
boredboredbored
May 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
zfggg05 said:
wow. i’m surprised to see so many people choosing “loved it”. i would have thought with general bias people would say “liked it”. i thought it was very mediocre. the plot is bad and i haven’t really payed attention to the visuals or animation but i assume they’re…. fine
So, why are you still here? You must be new, it's well known that MAL ratings are inflated and unreliable as a whole.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 16, 2022 12:49 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
LostSpectre said:
zfggg05 said:
So, why are you still here? You must be new, it's well known that MAL ratings are inflated and unreliable as a whole.
lol. i’m new to mal but not this community. mal ratings aren’t nearly as inflated as anilist and shit generally. that’s why i said they would be at liked instead of loved, since the inflation would be present, but not as prevalent
boredboredbored
May 16, 2022 2:11 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This show was fun in the beginning but it feels like they're using the same exact recipe for every episode now and it's growing a bit stale for me.

I usually don't mind because I clearly enjoy similar anime, but somehow I'm not feeling this one anymore.

That's what I was originally gonna say, but as I'm writing this, I see all these volumes on sale in the manga store at the bottom of this page. So clearly there is enough material.

Now I wait if it gets better before the end or if the only development will be in the typical final episode again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 16, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2018
Daddy carries everyone UwU
May 16, 2022 6:57 PM
Oct 2021
I think's this episode cute, but somethimes i was bored whatching the episode
May 17, 2022 1:45 AM

Nov 2012
Whao, after half season there's nothing good besides designs, man, such a waste, well, at least now its a deserved drop, it has its chance.

My Candies:

May 17, 2022 5:04 AM

Apr 2020
Very nice festival episode and hey Izumi carried Shikimori to the secret spot, wonder where I've seen this kind of stuff before. Nothing really special to say since the stuff this episode is just vanilla good, except um they're both cute, and f**k the Izumi slander.
May 17, 2022 5:30 AM
Feb 2021
This episode was so wholesome! Shikimori was so cute in Yukata and we finally get to see her being not good at something and Izumi finally doing something like how he carried Shikimori while climbing stairs to temple which in itself was a daunting task. Although, Izumi being Izumi slipped but luckily super Izumi dad was there to save the day. Overal, I am really enjoying this anime so far and the love story of Incredible Shikimori and Clumsy Izumi.
May 17, 2022 7:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a classic summer festival episode but it's still nice, they could watch the fireworks together
May 17, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2020
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
Animillion said:

The anime that makes me most cringe is frickin Dragon Maid. Most unbearable crap to watch imo
you talking about kobayashi's dragon maid

Yes. I couldn’t stand that crap cause I hate the annoying characters and yuri, but yea it’s subjective. Like for me I can’t think of an anime I cringed at more except for the episodes of Komi with the annoying yandere who shall not be named
May 17, 2022 9:42 AM
Apr 2022
Animillion said:
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
you talking about kobayashi's dragon maid

Yes. I couldn’t stand that crap cause I hate the annoying characters and yuri, but yea it’s subjective. Like for me I can’t think of an anime I hate more
I never really watched that anime
May 17, 2022 9:42 AM

Jan 2020
raiderublaze said:
Very nice festival episode and hey Izumi carried Shikimori to the secret spot, wonder where I've seen this kind of stuff before. Nothing really special to say since the stuff this episode is just vanilla good, except um they're both cute, and f**k the Izumi slander.

Izumi is basically just a much inferior version of Nasa from ToniKawa. At first I thought he was kinda cute but they made him so freakin useless. I guess he was ok in this episode, but I still have very low expectations for him
May 17, 2022 9:43 AM

Jan 2020
AuStErPlAy_2301 said:
Animillion said:

Yes. I couldn’t stand that crap cause I hate the annoying characters and yuri, but yea it’s subjective. Like for me I can’t think of an anime I hate more
I never really watched that anime

Good, it’s probably better for you not to
May 17, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
Animillion said:
raiderublaze said:

Izumi is basically just a much inferior version of Nasa from ToniKawa. At first I thought he was kinda cute but they made him so freakin useless. I guess he was ok in this episode, but I still have very low expectations for him
Nasa has some cute moments, but he isn't meant to be read as femininely as Izumi is, of course the anime fails to convey this, Izumi's feminine qualities just seem like a failure where his masculinity is concerned, we don't have the proper context to think his behavior is cute when it comes to his misfortune or clumsiness. It also doesn't help that the art in the manga is much better, and the overly feminine sounding VA just makes things worse. He's really not even that useless in the anime aside from his supernaturally bad luck, he just seems downright slow with the poor style of adaptation, but that isn't limited to just him.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 17, 2022 2:26 PM

Jan 2020
LostSpectre said:
Animillion said:

Nasa has some cute moments, but he isn't meant to be read as femininely as Izumi is, of course the anime fails to convey this, Izumi's feminine qualities just seem like a failure where his masculinity is concerned, we don't have the proper context to think his behavior is cute when it comes to his misfortune or clumsiness. It also doesn't help that the art in the manga is much better, and the overly feminine sounding VA just makes things worse. He's really not even that useless in the anime aside from his supernaturally bad luck, he just seems downright slow with the poor style of adaptation, but that isn't limited to just him.

I think his ridiculously bad luck and excessive feminine personality takes away from my enjoyment. That and the fact that Shikimori herself isn’t really that interesting as a character compared to other SOL/Romance fmcs
May 17, 2022 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
Animillion said:
LostSpectre said:

I think his ridiculously bad luck and excessive feminine personality takes away from my enjoyment. That and the fact that Shikimori herself isn’t really that interesting as a character compared to other SOL/Romance fmcs
The anime went off the fucking rails with his luck, and the sequencing makes it look like all he does is get bad luck and have to be rescued, very ill thought out adapting. His feminine nature is kind of the other half of Shikimori's "cool" side, so in that way I would say it's largely part of the main premise, but I don't even like him in the anime, so I hear you. Oh, and I would agree that the characters as a whole aren't that interesting, it's much more about style/feel, and the anime is mostly lacking here.
May 18, 2022 12:32 PM

Jan 2016
One of the most decent episodes so far but I still feel this is lacking something... Well let's see what happens in the other half of the season.
THANKS SENPIEX
May 18, 2022 8:40 PM

Mar 2010
Aw!! Izumi got them to the top with his own strength! Happy to see a festival and firework date. Those plushies are so cute. I am so happy the dad saved them! LOL at the parents being right behind them.
StardewMay 18, 2022 8:44 PM
May 20, 2022 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
Izumi ruined so much moments from his panicks..... urgh.... and the pacing is slow as always. But the firework scene was alright. I liked how the parents were behind them.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 21, 2022 3:16 AM

Aug 2018
The Fireworks Festival.
Izumi wanted to take Shikimori to the festival, Shikimori looked beautiful in the yukata. And well, Izumi with effort xd, took her to that secret place to see the fireworks.
It was very nice.
Izumi's parents must have heard? hmmm xD
May 21, 2022 10:10 AM
Mar 2021
GreyratAnimelist said:
Kene_M said:

Lol, why is there always that cliche festival episode in every romcom 😂😂

Yeah! same question in every High school romcom there is always a summer break and in the end of summer break there is always a firework festival.
whos the three women/Waifus? they look familair
May 21, 2022 6:25 PM

Jan 2022
Finally we got some desperately needed masculinization for my boy Izumi. I really thought something was going to happen when he got to the stairs, but he powered through like a real man. Really helps us understand why Shikimori sees him as such a Chad.

Definitely the best episode so far.
-insert NGE meme here-
May 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Jun 2020
The girls look really cute with their yukata.

Izumi carrying Shikimori to the secret spot is so manly~ Finally we can see his development a little bit.

Also Izumi's father literally carrying his son and Shikimori on his back lol.
May 23, 2022 12:43 AM
Jan 2021
honestly... i didn't enjoyed the ep 1 and 2 that much... but after that... i realy enjoyed every episodes... a looootttttt

and this episode... ep6... i just drown into it and loved it..
May 23, 2022 8:09 AM

Nov 2019
Imagine people liking Kanojo, Okarishimasu actually put this anime down. What a double-standard.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 30, 2022 11:12 PM

Dec 2018
Here we go again.... A fireworks with a female with their painful feet because of the sandals... I just find that Izumi parents are better character than the mc...

Jun 8, 2022 7:18 AM
Aug 2021
Ah yes, fireworks episode
Jun 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
First half was a borefest, but second half was nb I guess. hmm its finally getting slightly interesting...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 10, 2022 3:11 AM

Jan 2020
Not a bad episode. I like how the characters are at least expressing interest in one another. It gets terribly exhausting watching shows where the characters are tip-toeing around one another and we barely get any sort of romantic closure by the end.

The only thing we're missing at this point is something more physical.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 21, 2022 12:38 AM

Feb 2021
Their role really reversed XD

His father and mother are silly too when they just watch them dating in front XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 25, 2022 1:56 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty wholesome fireworks episode, my guy Izumi recovered from that sunburn fast tho. I got sunburn once and it was genuinely so bad that i knew it was God's calling to me to never step into a ray of sun longer then 10 mins otherwise i would spontaneously combust.

Inuzuka really knows how to start competitions with Shikimori where ever they go. Shikimori getting that strike of bad luck but Izumi was determined to reach the secret spot with her. Izumi's dad also coming in clutch to save the day at the end.
Aug 9, 2022 8:23 AM
Jun 2022
tbh i expect more but ayt then it is what it is
Aug 30, 2022 5:12 AM
Aug 2022
Loved it! So cute :)
Sep 10, 2022 5:09 PM
Sep 2021
Tired of watching the same shit every episode...
Sep 18, 2022 7:04 PM
Jun 2020
is poop!!!!
really
Oct 13, 2022 7:07 AM

Mar 2017
Ninja mom and dad blending into the background
Nov 14, 2022 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Clearly Izumi is far from reaching his dad's strength lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 20, 2022 12:21 PM

Mar 2017
I didn’t like the first few eps of this but I have to say I’m really enjoying it now. Shikimori & Izumi are just so damn cuuuute!

I do feel like the friends couldn’t use a bit more fleshing out as characters though because they aren’t that endearing but they’re not so bad that the show is unwatchable
Dec 17, 2022 11:33 AM

Aug 2022
The fireworks festival was a pretty good. The father cracks me up at the end.
Mar 10, 2023 11:34 PM

Jul 2019
I don't know why but everytime Hachimitsu does or says anything I smile. She's funny and cute.

Izumi's parents are a sweet couple. I like their dynamic.
Mar 30, 2023 2:32 AM

Jun 2019
What amazing parents Izumi has. Love them both so much. Hachimitsu and Inuzuka only care about food. LOL. Fireworks were pretty.
May 8, 2023 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
perfect date ;d this anime brings smile on my face ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 15, 2023 10:09 AM
Jun 2023
Really good.
hopefully there's a season 2
cheers for the creators of the anime Kawai Dake Ja Nai Shikimori - San.
Jul 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
I wondered why his mum would go for a much older dude, but I guess he was quite the stud in his younger years.
Jul 14, 2023 5:31 PM
Jul 2022
los amo ayudaaaaa
Aug 5, 2023 11:48 PM
Jul 2023
Great episode, fireworks n shit were crazy
Dec 4, 2023 7:50 AM

Jun 2021
well, it's justified to try and heal in time for a fireworks festival in yukatas. Shikimori... is choosing a great one, not what i expected, and the double pigtails maybe isn't the best hairdo, but she's still absolutely pretty.

She would be great at Point Blank or Time Crisis, i was afraid the stand host was a conman or something but no, he "just" underestimated Shikimori for very wrong reasons.

Kyou taking over at the goldfish game was unexpected and it worked out, both for not making miss the fireworks to the main couple and to not make Shikimori look like too OP at everything. Even if, she looked badass before the challenge and from a human point of view she is impossible to dislike for me.

As expected, he gave her a boost on his shoulders, and they didn't miss out anything. Oh, well, they did one year before actually. Uhm... what should i think about the Izumis being in the same place and having probably witnessed everything? Whatever. i wanted hard to see them kiss on the bench but they're still extremely cute together.
Dec 13, 2023 4:15 AM
Dec 2023
Nota 5 para todos os episódios, achei maravilhoso!
Dec 24, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2022
The way Micchon looks at Fuji in anger as he teases her shows such a great sibling relationship
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

107 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.