Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2022 4:59 AM
Dec 2020
12/10, fucking respect for Toei; next episode is gonna break the internet, luffy’s roc gun animation was on point
Apr 24, 2022 5:21 AM

Apr 2020
this is making me wanna start one piece right now tf

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Apr 24, 2022 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
PEAK!!
Holy cow, such a masterful episode!! Perfection!!
Time and time again OP keeps proving itself to be the GOAT!

After all that there's no way Yamato doesn't join right!?
Apr 24, 2022 5:49 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was a 10/10, incredible direction, especially during the part of Luffy and Roger's secret dream, now it's pretty clear they were not talking about being "the pirate king", but something else entirely.

AhriTheS3xyFox said:
So now we got a different director for this episode, and meh, its okay, I still prefer episode 914&915 over this.

You have Ishitani in your favourites, stop trolling lmao.
Fax001sApr 24, 2022 6:39 AM
Apr 24, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2015
Usually I just watch the episodes sped up because I prefer the manga, but damn, this episode was so worth watching.

Some of these things were not in the manga, I think. Shanks did not hurt Kaido in any way probably during Marineford, only intimidated him or talked to him. Well, I am curious what happened between them.

The way Gol D. Roger and Luffy were paralleled was amazing. Also Yamato struggling when Ace died. And Luffy walking and using Red Roc while showing the alliance.. Damn, 10/10 episode. This is the quality a masterpiece like One Piece deserves. Hope to see more of it in the arc.
Apr 24, 2022 6:35 AM

Jun 2020
Megumi Ishitani 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️
Oda sensei 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

stunning , amazing, absolutely fantastic

it's a shame I could only give a 5, it deserves a 💯.
Apr 24, 2022 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
Decided to to watch one piece after several months. I m up-to date with manga. Boy, did I choose the correct episode. It gave me all the feels. Plus, I just upgraded from 14" Laptop to a 27" monitor. It looks great.

I also recently just watched some One Pace episode of Robin's Arc and boy, how the art has changed and evolved.

The art change from wano has helped. So a good thing from Dragon Ball Super anime was that Toe managed to create a new framework for animations. Even the Dragon quest anime is also looking good. But One piece is OP.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey there

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 24, 2022 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
What a wonderful episode I have just watched :D It was so good, the scene where Rufy used the Red Roc to beat Kaido was epic.
Apr 24, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2013
GODDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!
What a baller episode. Was it the GOAT director again?
Apr 24, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2020
Episodes like this makes me feel that One Piece is really on a league of its own on the Shounen genre. Managed to exceed awfully high expectations. Wow!

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 24, 2022 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
Mattuzmk said:
GODDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Yeah Megumi Ishitani, the women who directed episodes like 957 & 982.
Apr 24, 2022 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Moved to tears, what a masterful way they have adapted the chapters. Found myself standing up so many times.

Cannot describe with words just how much I love this franchise.
Apr 24, 2022 7:28 AM
Sep 2019
the manga was better
Apr 24, 2022 7:36 AM
Apr 2021
Perfection from start to to finish, something any and all One Piece fans NEED to experience.
Apr 24, 2022 7:40 AM
Apr 2018
Fantastic episode, animation, direction and everything else was unbelievably good
Apr 24, 2022 7:48 AM

Oct 2017
Loved every bit of this perfection of an ep UGH <3333333333
Apr 24, 2022 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
It's been a good amount of episodes since another as spectacular as this one came out, even though there was not much action until the last scene (I note this because battle episodes are usually those I enjoy the most). Pretty emotional too.

This episode (the last minutes of it, to be more precise) definitely gathers some epic moments that will be remembered as part of the top scenes of One Piece. I'm genuinely pleased (SPOILER: as well as worried for the Akazaya mates; but regardless of how they they end, this has left a really special moment).

SPOILER: I really laughed at big mom's face reaction at the end lol.
Apr 24, 2022 8:18 AM

Aug 2021
OML THIS WAS INCREDIBLE! From the very beginning, with the incredible Ace flashback and the Kaizoku-ou parallel scenes, alongside the forthcoming death flashback and how Yamato took all of those happenings, leading to Luffy and the showdown between the Worst Generation and Big Mom & Kaido, that was some top-notch stuff, had me on the edge of my seat, bawling from start to end and stirring up the emotions just enough to hype Luffy's RED ROCK to utter perfection and don't get me started on how his interaction with Kinemon was the absolute peak of emotional high throughout this arc, like this was over and beyond what I expected, granted I only go over from what I heard from the manga readers hyping us up for the upcoming 'roof piece', they served with this one without an inch of doubt and I am here for it!!!
Apr 24, 2022 8:22 AM
May 2019
What an epic episode
I have tears in my eyes
Apr 24, 2022 8:26 AM
Nov 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
So now we got a different director for this episode, and meh, its okay, I still prefer episode 914&915 over this.

BUT I WAS SURPRISED WE GET TO HAVE MORE YAMATO!! WAAAAHH!! And more flashback with Ace?! Well at least theres that.

Come on now, don't compare the two scenes. This was just a taste.
Apr 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
VolKur said:
Mattuzmk said:
GODDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Yeah Megumi Ishitani, the women who directed episodes like 957 & 982.

I was rather very surprised by her age, being only 31 years old, yet shes SOOOO talented already ! In comparison to others who had way more years of experience.

Ishitani Megumi has so much potential.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 24, 2022 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
Aozure said:
PEAK!!

Hopefully she joins, really do.

The worst thing ever would be her being part of the grand fleet, as she does not even have her own crew. Her character would be a huge waste because of that.Especially the design.

She wants to carry Odens will for the future Pirate king.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 24, 2022 8:50 AM
Dec 2021
I LOVED. This episode was simply SENSATIONAL! I was thrilled from start to finish. If the previous episodes had followed this quality standard, One Piece, without a doubt, would be a grade 11 anime. I really hope that the following ones keep this pattern and don't go back to what they were before.
Apr 24, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Aozure said:
PEAK!!

The worst thing ever would be her being part of the grand fleet, as she does not even have her own crew. Her character would be a huge waste because of that.Especially the design.

She wants to carry Odens will for the future Pirate King.

She sure is talented and the most amazing thing about her is, she has only directed 3 episodes and she have soo much talent. I can see her directing one banger after another from now on.
Apr 24, 2022 9:12 AM
Mar 2022
Kinemon was just other level
Apr 24, 2022 9:13 AM

Sep 2015
VolKur said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

She wants to carry Odens will for the future Pirate King.

She sure is talented and the most amazing thing about her is, she has only directed 3 episodes and she have soo much talent. I can see her directing one banger after another from now on.

I had been thinking, Ishitani Megumi isn't directing as much episodes, is because it takes a lot of time, planning , ideas and drawing to direct 3 of those episodes right?

Not sure how the role of being a director works, but I think it for sure requires more time and money to say the least, for her direction.

Apr 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Aug 2021
Finally The Roof Piece after all the long wait it was definitely worth it!!!

this adaptation was just soo breathtaking i was shaking during the whole ep

@AhriTheS3xyFox yamato indeed looked so beautiful during this ep
Apr 24, 2022 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
tookthisusername said:
Finally The Roof Piece after all the long wait it was definitely worth it!!!

this adaptation was just soo breathtaking i was shaking during the whole ep

@AhriTheS3xyFox yamato indeed looked so beautiful during this ep

Shes the best girl and waifu in the whole One Piece universe <3, I couldn't ask for more ! I could not even sleep well that night, because I was constantly thinking about her ! She is the most fun female character there is in One Piece, I can't think of one single female that has a personality that is just as rich as hers, especially having it more realistic instead of it being one sided.

Apr 24, 2022 9:48 AM
May 2021
That flashback comparison where Luffy and Roger are compared gave me goosebumps. Throughout the series, we have seen so many comparison from Loguetown. But this one for some reason really hit hard cause it showed how close he is to achieving his goal. Fighting the hardest and one of the last hurdles (ie, the Yonko's). Even that ending scene, which marks the commencement of Roofpiece was amazing.

Hands down one of the best One Piece episodes in all aspects.
Apr 24, 2022 10:13 AM

Nov 2017
This is one of the most beautiful episodes visually with episode 982! Magnificent! Ishitani Megumi the GOAT!

Apr 24, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2020
Beauty. Absolute beauty of an animation. Oh my goooooooooodness
Apr 24, 2022 10:35 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was great especially at the end where Luffy walks past the yonkos to speak to Kin'emon. The part where he uses red rock was so cool. It looks like the yonkos are starting to see Luffy as a threat to them. Also it was nice to see Yamato's back story.
Apr 24, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2020
ROOF PIECE!! LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!!
Apr 24, 2022 11:01 AM
Apr 2022
Episode had everything. Delevoping the bond between Yamato and ace was so well executed. Not to mention the comparisons between luffy and Rodger through the shared flashback. The art style for this sequence aswell was so incredible. A very different approach but one that worked perfectly. But what makes all this better is the contrast of this deep backstory and lore developments, the massive hype u feel with the stand-off with the worst generation and the emperors. The lighting, the music, the face shots. Not to mention the small flashback montage before the punch to kaido. Which I must now go on to say, red roc, new favourite attack and hands down the most visually stunning punch I’ve ever seen in the anime.

As u can tell I loved this episode so much I needed to write a quick essay on how much I loved it, or else I wouldn’t of been able to sleep tonight
Just incredible
By far the best episode of one piece ever, I just hope they keep using this director because she doesn’t miss!!!
Apr 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Jun 2012
What an amazing episode!
Apr 24, 2022 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
This was even beyond movie quality, All hail Megumi Ishitani the GOAT!
Apr 24, 2022 11:47 AM

Dec 2020
Wano Act 3 is indeed best arc imo

10/10 episode
Apr 24, 2022 11:55 AM
May 2020
This episode was INSANE!!! 🤩😍🫡
Apr 24, 2022 11:58 AM

May 2012
Is this what thrill is? Is this what heartwarming means? Is this what masterpiece should represent? Yes.

ashjobenApr 24, 2022 12:02 PM
Apr 24, 2022 12:19 PM
Jan 2021
THE, BAD, ASS, ERRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT, SHAKING IN EXCITEMENT, AND THE DEPTH OF THE BADASSERY WAS ON ANOTHER LEVEL BEYOND THE COMPREHENSION OF MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off we start with Yamato talking about a conversation he had with Ace while he was in Wano. The conversation was so immersive that Yamato could literally see Ace talking to Sabo about becoming a pirate during their childhood, seeing the events that took place in Oden's journal in which Gol D. Roger talked about becoming King of the Pirates, and when Luffy announced at 7 years old that he's going to become King of the Pirates. Within this story Yamato even saw Luffy standing right in front of Roger triumphantly, ready to take his throne and become...... the next..... KING OF THE PIRATES.

Ace admits that he and Sabo laughed at Luffy when he said this, BUT THEY WON'T LET ANYBODY ELSE DO THAT BECAUSE THEY KNOW LUFFY WILL BECOME KING OF THE PIRATES! NO ONE WILL STOP THE FIFTH EMPEROR ON HIS QUEST!

Yamato refuses to laugh to because Roger once said the same words, and he understands that even at 7 years old, LUFFY IS THE EPITOME OF BADASSERY! Ace agrees to exchange drinks one day with Yamato and Luffy.

Ace tells Yamato if he doesn't hurry out to sea he'll get left behind, so Yamato asks him for a fingernail of hair clipping. Yamato gives Ace a Vivre card that he can give out to those he wants to meet again (LIKE LUFFY), but unfortunately that was the last time to two ever saw each other. Yamato was devastated when Ace died, but then he remembered Oden's words about how young, strong pirates who will lead the next era will come surging into the New World.

Yamato remembers when Ace said the toughest pirate, Monkey D. Luffy, will come out to sea in the next few years. Yamato thinks about this and sees Luffy standing in front of Roger, again, READY TO TAKE HIS THRONE AS KING OF THE PIRATES! Because of this Yamato is still able to stand up to his father and wait for the Fifth Emperor to come and kick Kaido's ass.

Then we get back to present time. Killer, Kid, Law, and Zoro gather at the rooftop ready to face Big Mom and Kaido. Law says the loosest one of the Straw Hats, MONKEY D. LUFFY, hasn't arrived yet.

But then..... THEN..... THEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN................................................................. Luffy comes to the gate..... goes into Third Gear....................... uses his Armament Haki.............. and SMASHES DOWN THE DOOR, LIKE A TRUE BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luffy walks up in front of everyone and instead of addressing Kaido and Big Mom as they try to talk to him, he completely IGNORES THEM AND GOES TO SEE THE AKAZAYA NINE. There is a moment when Luffy looks at Ki'nemon's feet. As he looks up, Luffy sees Kin'emon holding out his hand and telling him that they, the Akazaya Nine specifically, are counting on him. Then it quickly transitions to the Akazaya Nine all on the ground. THIS WAS SO EMOTIONALLY TOUCHING THAT I COULDN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THE AMAZINGNESS AND BADASSERY OF THIS!

Luffy IMMEDIATELY checks up on Kin'emon. Kin is gushing blood from his mouth and talking about how he can't see Oden in the afterlife because of his shame. Then.... he grabs Luffy and asks him to carry the Land of Wano on his back. Luffy says, and quote, "You fool! Of course I will! It's my friend's country!" SUCH BADASSERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaido RUDELY walks up behind Luffy and attacks LIKE A COMPLETE COWARD. BRO GET OUT OF THE WAY LUFFY IS BUSY YOU OVERGROWN NEANDERTHAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Luffy tells Tra-guy, AKA Trafalgar Law, to move the Akazaya Nine downstairs. SUCH BADASSERY! HE DOESN'T WANT THEM TO BE DISRESPECTED BY KAIDO'S ABSOLUTELY RUDE BEHAVIOR. LUFFY IS SUCH A BADASS THAT I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!

Luffy jumps at Kaido with Third Gear. You may be expecting him to use Gum Gum Elephant Gun as per usual.............................. but you'd be mistaken.

Luffy engrains how Hyogoro described Ryuo, and how it has the meaning of "flow", Kin'emon explains how Oden was executed by Orochi and Kaido, Cat Viper explains that the minks don't sell out their friends, how Pedro told the Straw Hats to move forward, and Yasuie's last words before he execution.

Luffy took all of that in, and created......................................................................................................................... Gum-Gum Red Roc! LUFFY KNOCKED DOWN KAIDO IN ONE BIG MOVE. THE FIRE COMING FROM LUFFY'S GIANT FIST WAS SO BADASS THAT IT IMMEDIATELY TURNED THE SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN INTO ICE! IT WAS HOT AND COLD AT THE SAME TIME AND LUFFY TOPPLED A MOUNTAIN IN THE PROCESS. BIG MOM IS SHOCKED TO SEE THIS, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MONKEY D. LUFFY, AKA STRAW HAT LUFFY, AKA THE FIFTH EMPEROR, AKA THE NEXT KING OF THE PIRATES!

Then Luffy ends off this episode by saying "I'm Monkey D. Luffy. I'm the man who'll best you guys... and becoming the King of the Pirates!"

SUCH BADASSERY IN THE ART STYLE, THE WAY LUFFY SAID THOSE WORDS, AND THE WORDS THEMSELVES. THOSE WORDS GO DEEP INTO ONE'S SOUL AND RESONATE WITH SUCH CONVICTION AND BADASSERY!

THIS EPISODE COMPLETELY ENERGIZED ME AND MADE ME FEEL EMOTIONS I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND BECAUSE OF THE BADASSERY!
Apr 24, 2022 12:32 PM
Apr 2021
I really cried and I don't care, best episode
Apr 24, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
ONE PIECE IS THE FUCKING GOAT BOYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HOLY SHIT. One of the best episodes in the entire anime, THE DIRECTING WAS 10/10

I'm so glad I've become an anime only for One Piece !!!!

5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5
Apr 24, 2022 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
I'm still shaking, that was EASILY more hype than the Snakeman Katakuri fight, my lord.
Apr 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Apr 2018
BEST ONE PIECE EP IN TERMS OF ADAPTATION
I am just keep rewatching this ep because every scene is beautiful and perfect. I am anime only so idk what is coming next (don't spoil me) but I hope Yamato joins strawhat crew. She is perfect member because her dream is to be free and wanting to go to adventure like Oden did with Roger + she said to Ace that she wanna be part of Ace and his brother's journey so I think her joining will be perfect. She is strong, reliable and can write stories on Luffy and the crews journey just like Oden did. Anyway, it will be nice to have another girl as member of the crew
Apr 24, 2022 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
This is probably the best episode in one piece in its entirety. Maybe sky entrance to save Ace episode is a contender but this really had everything.
A brilliant piece of animation. Absolutely love the art.
10/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 24, 2022 4:00 PM
Aug 2019
Director Megumi Ishitani has done it again, delivering another cinematic masterpiece. I absolutely love how her and her team expanded on Ace and Yamato's interactions in the manga. And the entrance on Onigashima's roof were far better than they were in the manga. The vision for this episode absolutely blew me away. I think just like how Kin'emon asked Luffy to carry Wano on his back, similarly she is carrying the Anime (no disrespect to the rest of the team working on the show tho). She is a master of her craft, this episode was a 1000/10 MASTERPIECE.
Apr 24, 2022 4:16 PM
Aug 2019
Usamechan said:
the manga was better

The Anime completely and utterly obliterates this chapter. Not only did it do it justice, but it surpassed it.
Apr 24, 2022 4:22 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
ONE PIECE is the kind of series 1000 eps in and it still gets you emotional, this should be what mangakas should use for inspiration for their series, upcoming scenes that will break the net

still so many more greatness awaits, I believe wano arc will end for the anime around next year January
YoubamiiApr 24, 2022 4:25 PM

Apr 24, 2022 4:56 PM

Jul 2015
It's been long while since I enjoyed a one piece episode like this one. 10/10 ep
Apr 24, 2022 4:56 PM

Apr 2021
This episode was 10/10. Roof Piece has begun.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

41 by Yashvanth »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

92 by OddlyCasual »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

143 by Kurusu_kun »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.