Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 5, 2010 5:51 AM

Oct 2009
The story is good but I find it cheesy as in demon lord then everyone kill him because he is a danger to society but turns out he is not and suddenly a evil power takes him over only to be stopped by his friends kind of thing. The really interesting key points for me: magic types used, systems of magic, map of this world and mechanical/tools used in this series. So far I have seen a wooden blade imbued with magic from the user and that would be Junko herself. Torii is interesting also as a teacher since she can do protective magic. Soga herself was not bad at the end. Miwa looks like a ass licker (literally I only see him as someone who know information that might be helpful to Sai). Sai on the other hand looks like Mister I get all the girls, protect them and try to change around things. Among the things......I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly=>

Oh really? I did not know when someone touches you can get pregnant do any of you?=>
Interesting fan service of Junko seems to be the high point of this series=>

Personally the censors are annoying simply because there three types......the sticker one, the blackness one and even the blurr....not all of it is censored since I also saw some part of Junko that were no censored like her underwear part and some breast parts where were covered.At least the demon looked evil enough here=>

Oh well GIF time....a good start of GIF making: Junko fan service=>

Junko attacks=>

Sai Akuto's attacks and they were brutal mass effects!=>

Soga Kena GIFs=>
BTW I don't trust Korone that observer at the end nor those 4 girls around in beginning talking about Sai.....Oh yea Junko....what is that Suhara thing exactly and where does it come from....I am interested in that too.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 5, 2010 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
It reminds me of Negima, kinda.

Might rewatch when the AT-X uncensored raw gets subbed... for, er, research purposes.
Apr 5, 2010 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
Know what francis? "I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly"... Thing is, it doesn't work. And who cares how it works in an anime? It doesn't matter, does it? It's a trivial thing that has nothing to do with anything.
Don't try to apply anime to real life. (Again)

Also, what's wrong with Korone anyway? : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
Haylias said:
It reminds me of Negima, kinda.

BLASPHEMY.

To be fair, they begin kinda similarly, but that's mostly because both remind me of Harry Potter more than one reminds me of the other.

And I doubt this will ever reach the levels of awesome that Negima (the manga, obviously) reached. Or even come close.

OrochiPL said:
greenmush said:
Lmao this is funny but a bit too fast

It could be boring when slower.

I really think a show shouldn't rely on fast pacing to compensate for the lack of anything interesting. But maybe that's just me. :P
Apr 5, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Know what francis? "I was curious about the rail tracks being magical and how do they work exactly"... Thing is, it doesn't work. And who cares how it works in an anime? It doesn't matter, does it? It's a trivial thing that has nothing to do with anything.

Know what? It's my birthday Oosran boy! Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars....hope you can communicate in French somehow. Anyways rail tracks applying to real life? Nah I know better in this case but I still wonder how they work because curiosity never hurts less it bites you.
Oosran said:

Korone? Oh nothing just that I think she is working for the bad guys....

Apr 5, 2010 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Know what? It's my birthday Oosran boy! Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars....hope you can communicate in French somehow. Anyways rail tracks applying to real life? Nah I know better in this case but I still wonder how they work because curiosity never hurts less it bites you.
Oh, right, right. >.>
But no, I don't drink. And I wouldn't even think about smoking a cigar. Even less would I try communicating in French xD
Anyway.. You're drunk, aren't you?

francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Korone? Oh nothing just that I think she is working for the bad guys....
Well, if by "bad guys" you mean the government (or whatever), of course she works for them, since she's an observer sent to watch the dude in case he'd take a turn towards becoming a demon lord...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 6:49 AM

Sep 2008
OH MY GOD. This is the best ecchi anime I've ever seen before.
Apr 5, 2010 8:42 AM

Sep 2009
Putting aside the censoring on teh undies...I really liked this episode 5/5 :D

Can't wait to see more of this anime.

I really hope there's going to be a director's cut for this, just like with seikon no qwaser...because the manga is pure win compared to its anime version
InariusApr 5, 2010 9:48 AM
Apr 5, 2010 10:31 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars

Am I the only one that just completely rofl'd at that?
Apr 5, 2010 12:56 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Come here to drink with me....also I will introduce you to my animals on the farm and some cigars

No, me too. xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 5, 2010 1:02 PM

Nov 2008
^ You dudes laughed? I was like ಠ_ಠ
Apr 5, 2010 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
Maximatum99 said:
^ You dudes laughed? I was like ಠ_ಠ

I was more like "What does any of that have to do with Ichiban Ushirou no Daimaou?". myself.
Apr 5, 2010 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
Overall it was ok but I didn't find anything special about it. Usually these kind of anime rarely get any better so I'll keep my expectation low.
LuxoApr 5, 2010 5:59 PM
Apr 5, 2010 3:41 PM
Dec 2007
Apart from the rather high production values, it's more generic than generic. Everyone complains about B Gata H Kei but this one is actually far worse since it tries to be serious. Dropped without a second thought.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 5, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
Typical ecchi show packed with action for shounen. I'll give it a few more episodes because I got nothing better to do right now.
Apr 5, 2010 4:20 PM

Apr 2009
The first episode was funny. When I learned about the setting It did remind me of Harry Potter and some of the magic symbols reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist. Looks promising, though.
Apr 5, 2010 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
For some reason, it seemed to be a very comical and light-hearted version of Bastard. The way that Sai seems to be heading towards seems to make me think he's a more passive version of Dark Schneider possibly (reference to him flying on that dragon in the ED).

Well, I can say that Hattori was a little more level-headed in the manga.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Apr 5, 2010 7:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
surprisingly entertaining.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2010 3:30 AM

Oct 2009
Excellent news folks! AT-X has done it again and uncensored this!
Proofs.....no blur here=> and the sticker stuff is gone and black stuff!=>
You can also see nipples of Junko's breast here as NSFW links=>
http://www.imagebam.com/image/8eec6775201555/
http://www.imagebam.com/image/47cd4f75201565/
http://www.imagebam.com/image/20e70175201574/
So I think this will pay off my Ladies VS Butlers into a more magic/action/drama type anime.

Apr 6, 2010 3:43 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
What's the big deal anyway? =.=;
Apr 6, 2010 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:

Well even if you don't want to see any fanservise is still good news because the censoring was horribly made and the resold was in some cases having half of the screen going black with no reason and other crazy staff like that. I was annoyed not because i couldn't see her ass but because i had a black screen in my face. Seriously if you are gonna make such stupid censors that destroy the viewing then don't put ecchi scenes in the first place.

About the episode. I hated the overdose of girls appearing everywhere and the nudity being a little too forced on us.
Also am not especially fond of magic schools.(too Harry Potter for me and am no fan of his).
But strangely enough i kind of like the main guy, the whole demon lord idea and the way everyone reacts about him.
The episode was fast and i realy passed the time with out realizing so they are not making everything wrong although i have a bad feeling that it may turn out to be a very swallow show if they only concentrate at showing lot's of girls and fanservice with out promoting the scenario a little.
MonadApr 6, 2010 4:33 AM
Apr 6, 2010 4:22 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
In two words....annoying censors.
Monad said:
The episode was fast and i realy passed the time with out realizing so they are not making everything wrong although i have a bad feeling that it may turn out to be a very swallow show if they only concentrate at showing lot's of girls and fanservice with out promoting the scenario a little.
Exactly Monad and that is the same problem with Seikon no Qwaser but you know what? I think it remains to be seen how long it will be and also in a few episodes...this was too early to think how it turns out......

Apr 6, 2010 5:19 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Still no need to blow it up in huge proportions.
Besides, I actually found the censors rather fun. At least the overly obvious ones.
Apr 6, 2010 5:57 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Still no need to blow it up in huge proportions.
Besides, I actually found the censors rather fun. At least the overly obvious ones.

Huh? Censors aren't for fun, man...
Anyway, was there even something worth being seen uncensored?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 6, 2010 9:09 AM

Dec 2007
francismeunier said:

lol
Apr 6, 2010 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.
There's nothing worth seeing uncensored in this case anyway.
Apr 6, 2010 10:20 AM

Aug 2009
^^NO! WE MUST SEE THE FULL PANTIES! HALF-PANTIES ARE UNACCEPTABLE! :P
Apr 6, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2007
I just love that Anime :]
If it keeps that pace, that feeling i got from the first episode,
this could get an totally awesome Anime :D
Everythings just tooo nice till now ^^
I hope it stays this was ;)
Apr 6, 2010 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
I hate to admit it, but it wasn't a complete waste of time.
The art and animation are pretty neat, what I really didn't expect.
Plot-wise, though there's really nothing refreshing or unexpected, they made it enjoyable and funny. I really can't say I didn't enjoy watching it even a little.

Anyway, I don't think anyone should expect something amazing from this, but rather a good way to spend your leisure time.
Apr 6, 2010 7:04 PM

Dec 2008
I´m downloading it but I think it looks like needless
Apr 6, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2008
I think I'll like this series if it can keep up this pace.
Apr 6, 2010 10:47 PM

Oct 2007
Forever said:
One point worth mentioning is the main guy. He seems pretty cool and believable for a change.
You mean Cao Cao from Souten Kouro?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 6, 2010 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
That was nonsense, however I still found it plenty entertaining.
I think the next couple episodes will either make or break it for me.
Apr 7, 2010 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.
Wrong check my links in previous page those were worth censoring because when they censored too much imagination would be required....like that it is more enjoyable.

Apr 7, 2010 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.
Wrong check my links in previous page those were worth censoring because when they censored too much imagination would be required....like that it is more enjoyable.
I did check. And I found nothing that interesting.
Besdies... "too much imagination required"? xD.. Instead of focusing on pantsu, why don't you try focusing on the anime itself instead? : p
Apr 7, 2010 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
Putting bitching about boobs and pantyshots aside, the story is pretty interesting. If Sai only didn't act so Keitaro-ish (No, it was a misunderstanding! *cue getting attacked by ferocious women*). The difference between Keitaro and Sai is that when he gets attacked he accidentally destroyes everything around him in a 50m radius, so that's generally not a very good idea... The similarities with Harry Potter... Being abandoned at an early age, going through the "sorting", even being known throughout the school. And then there's the destiny part...

Anyway, about the demon king's power.. Power is not inherently good or evil, it's how and what you use it for, so we'll just have to wait and see..

P.S. Yay we got Mio and Yui here! ^_^
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Apr 7, 2010 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
This was actually really good.

It's like Omamori Himari. But with a WAY BETTER main character, WAY BETTER main character voice, better story, better art, WAY BETTER ANIMATION etc etc.

OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

No, me too. xD

+2
Apr 7, 2010 12:12 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.
Wrong check my links in previous page those were worth uncensored because when they censored too much imagination would be required....like that it is more enjoyable.
Besides... "too much imagination required"? xD.. Instead of focusing on pantsu, why don't you try focusing on the anime itself instead? : p

Exactly! With less imagination and distraction the censors caused I can focus more on the anime itself....that is obvious.

Apr 7, 2010 12:55 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.
Wrong check my links in previous page those were worth uncensored because when they censored too much imagination would be required....like that it is more enjoyable.
Besides... "too much imagination required"? xD.. Instead of focusing on pantsu, why don't you try focusing on the anime itself instead? : p

Exactly! With less imagination and distraction the censors caused I can focus more on the anime itself....that is obvious.

Maybe you shouldn't be focusing so much on the fanservice in the first place then. It's like in every anime you watch, the fanservice is first priority.
Apr 7, 2010 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
That, was my main point.

Maybe you shouldn't be focusing so much on the fanservice in the first place then. It's like in every anime you watch, the fanservice is first priority.
But that is because there is temptations in it....I am male so you should know about that. Same think when you go to clubs and you see lots of girls that are available. Besides I saw 2 versions and it's true the censors were kind of disturbing.

Apr 7, 2010 3:21 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:

But that is because there is temptations in it....I am male so you should know about that. Same think when you go to clubs and you see lots of girls that are available. Besides I saw 2 versions and it's true the censors were kind of disturbing.
No francis.. No. Don't go there xD..
Apr 7, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Why are we still talking with francis about this?
Apr 7, 2010 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
garfield15 said:
Why are we still talking with francis about this?
I don't know...I just started with the uncensored stuff being a good thing about this anime and it all went talking about me......let's talk this animation and that talk is about the censors...they were cute and innovative but in the end it would not work out for me.....especially for over 24 episodes of this if it will be like that.

Apr 7, 2010 4:22 PM

Oct 2007
TBH, I still don't get why people are still trying to pick a fight with francis and making the discussion so long for nothing?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 7, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2008
The series has potential.
Apr 7, 2010 4:50 PM

Aug 2009
I am really enjoying the manga and I couldn't wait to see the anime version!! In my greatest sursprise this was even better than the manga in parts mostly regarding the flow! I loooved it to the smallest bits! My new fav of this season, I can't wait for the next episode! If it keeps up this well waiting will become torture! :P
JusticeUndoneApr 7, 2010 4:54 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 7, 2010 7:57 PM
Jan 2008
battle scenes look pretty good
Apr 7, 2010 8:52 PM

Apr 2009
I actually liked it. The way things spiraled out of control for the future Demon King were pretty funny with one misunderstanding after another. Some good jokes like the cleaning squad. I'm not expecting anything great but if this episode is any indication it'll be entertaining enough.
Apr 8, 2010 5:33 AM

Oct 2009
Some more good news I forgot to mention but apparently there a good chance blood will be uncensored too......did anyone notice this was not in censored version?=>

Apr 8, 2010 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
The story seems interesting and it was funny to.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

284 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
May 18, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.