Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 17, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2015
Wait so there's another Kanna? I get that they're the same type of dragon but why do they have the same name?
Sep 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2021
It's amazing getting to know each dragon's history as that is the reason why they are in the human world today, and Kobayashi being so respectful and understanding of it is truly heart-warming.

Also, Baby Tohru and Baby Kanna are the cutest, and Quetzalcoatl's dragon form is huge!
Sep 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2021
El-Melloi said:
Wait so there's another Kanna? I get that they're the same type of dragon but why do they have the same name?
Maybe it's Kanna's mother? I have no idea
Sep 17, 2021 11:02 AM

Feb 2007
Been a while since we've seen the tail show up on a plate. :D

Tohru's dad... "I'll never accept you, but be a good wife to her." :D
Sep 17, 2021 3:02 PM

Sep 2018
HD90 said:
I'm really amazed by the shape of the lucoa dragon, he is very big and maybe he is the strongest dragon in this series

Lucoa, is not just a dragon, she was a god.

If you pay attention you'll notice that even Fafnir defers to her.
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 18, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2020
I just have this thought or question in mind. According to tohru's father dragons are prideful creatures and they dont want the idea of a god ruling them so all of them retaliate and then along with the battle with the gods some of the dragons betrayed the whole fraction, and they suddey side with the gods and they became the order/harmony fraction while the left who still want to fight became the chaos fraction and also some dragons who ware tired of war became neutrals. Now my question is this, what is lucoa? is she the same god that the dragons fought before? what is she? because we know she's a godess before and that she's also a dragon... i think there's more to it in the story of what tohru's dad told to kobayashi im sure its deep too. anyways love the ep 11 sadst because its coming to an end
Sep 18, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2008
Not so interesting honestly.
I don't get the relationship of Tohru and Kobayashi XD
It should looks like something deep, but I don't see that at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2021 6:39 AM

Sep 2020
Wow.
That's a intense episode.
Quite sad and emotional, it made me cry a little.

One more left and I'm already missing it.
niko_sbSep 18, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 18, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! for sure this episode is one "HEAVY" & "SERIOUS" tones that we had since most eps are mainly moe, comedy and a bit of badass sakuga action! that was some very heavy and serious talk with Kobayashi and the pops of Tooru!
oh! so that were the events that lead to Tooru finally meeting for the first time with Kobayashi in which she removed the sword from Tooru impaled by a god! damn!
5/5.

Sep 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
alteriasaber said:
guys i think this season is better than the first one...at least for me
without a doubt...........I was thinking to give this season 8 same as the first season but man this season definitely deserves a 9...... these kind of SOL are really rare

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Sep 18, 2021 11:47 AM
Dec 2011
This episode was "Heavy". Did not see such an emotional episode coming. This always seemed like a slice of life story. Now it actually has a deep back story. I wonder if they'll evaluate further on the whole gods vs the dragons action. I would say this is my favorite episode so far out of both seasons. Don't get me wrong, I really like the slice of life and think it's very humorous and has great animation and fighting scenes. Also, I REALLY LIKE THE OP. It's one of my favorite OP's of recent memory.

I also have a new desktop background lol
jalsadfafaSep 18, 2021 11:51 AM
Sep 18, 2021 1:30 PM
Apr 2017
That was a heavy episode.
Sep 18, 2021 8:34 PM

Apr 2020
Ngl smol Tohru and smol Kanna look so cute!
Sep 19, 2021 3:17 AM
Aug 2018
borderliner said:
HD90 said:
I'm really amazed by the shape of the lucoa dragon, he is very big and maybe he is the strongest dragon in this series

Lucoa, is not just a dragon, she was a god.

If you pay attention you'll notice that even Fafnir defers to her.

If lucoa helped tohru to fight the gods the result might be different, lucoa was also being framed by his friend so I think he might have a reason to fight the gods
Sep 19, 2021 3:22 AM
Aug 2018
GeanWolf2000 said:
HD90 said:
yes she is very powerful
GeanWolf2000 said:
HD90 said:
yes she is very powerful

And very cool,It reminds me of dragon balls
Sep 19, 2021 8:11 AM

May 2019
Best one so far. The storytelling of the origin of dragon factions and Tohru's past is rather heavy and genuine. The whole explanation of this episodes add a ton of depths to the lovely dragons. In the end, Tohru's father is not a bad dragon after all. He just wants Tohru to able experience things freely and become her own dragon without any bias or status. Very meaningful insight on the lessons of freedom and identity delivered in single episode.
VivaceRexSep 19, 2021 8:20 AM

Sep 19, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2020
Fabienne said:
Not so interesting honestly.
I don't get the relationship of Tohru and Kobayashi XD
It should looks like something deep, but I don't see that at all.
explanation of factions and Tohru and Kobayashi's journey understanding more about her, that's very interesting. Tohru and Kobayashi's relationship: friends/lovers in a way, I don't know what the difficulty is with that.
Sep 19, 2021 10:51 PM

Feb 2008
Another episode that puts most of isekai shows' animation to shame. Oh, how I missed KyoAni animators for more than a year.

Interesting talk with Tohru's father. It's always the last episodes that destroy the slice of life vibe and then we're on full dragons and gods plot. Really liked Fafnir and Quetzacoatl's dragon forms. Baby Kanna was too cute.

The director has such a scary voice it's not even funny.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Sep 20, 2021 5:50 AM
Oct 2020
MegamiRem said:
Good to see more of Tohru backstory and it was beautifully done, made me tear up a bit. Toddler Kanna was adorable and young Tohru too.

Honestly this season has been off the charts, sad that it's already the finale next week. Hopefully we'll get season 3 announcement.
yes, i expect an announcement at the end of the last episode.
Sep 21, 2021 8:22 AM

Dec 2020
What a sad story from Tooru during her whole dragon life. Kanna-chan's part was really nice :)
Sep 21, 2021 2:09 PM
Oct 2020
MihaiEXE said:
What a sad story from Tooru during her whole dragon life. Kanna-chan's part was really nice :)
Kawaii Kanna! ❤
Sep 21, 2021 4:55 PM

Nov 2009
Baby Tohru is so cute, give me a plushy of that.

Also, Young Tohru and Baby Kanna is even cuter...

___ ___ ___

I actually want a full series based on Tohru's adventure as she travels from places to places as she grew older and reaches her current conclusion. (cause all we got atm is time-skip flashbacks)

___ ___ ___

TBH, Tohru's right tho... fk the gods, lol. This whole thing started cause they took full control over all other species. (aka the Gods are dictators for control) And the dragons didn't like it (aka the Dragons are liberals for freedom)

But the Dragons separated into 3 branches, the Harmony (Conservatives), Chaos (still Liberals) and Neutral (Green Peace). LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 21, 2021 7:13 PM

Apr 2015
Invented programming, red dragons, hmmm…

Sep 21, 2021 9:09 PM
Oct 2020
__construct said:

what you mean? only Tooru's father is a red dragon, maybe Ilulu is too.
Sep 22, 2021 1:35 AM

Feb 2007
__construct said:

Well, technically only the one specific programming language used by their company.
Sep 22, 2021 2:25 AM

Jul 2019
Tohru is never giving up on affording her tail as a dessert, that's great constancy. And her little form swirling around her dad's tail was one of the best moe creations I've ever seen (until young Kanna appeared later in the episode).

Very deep segment featuring the Emperor of Demise. He obviously tried to distribute his actions between Tohru's education and a neverending tactical war and his decision to let Tohru make up her own impression of the world was wise. Then she met the other picturesque dragons with their own looks on life (Fafnir was especially radical) and in the end she broke out if there's no tomorrow and no one to look up to. And yes, the price for freedom was always morbidly high
Sep 22, 2021 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
Young Tohru and Kanna are so freaking cuteeeee!!!

It was really nice to see more of their past and i loved the music.

5/5

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"If death is the end, why do people exist?
If it all ends in oblivion sooner or later, what's the point of frantically scrambling around to keep ourselves alive?"
~ Michiru Matsushima
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sep 22, 2021 10:40 AM
Oct 2020
one of the best episodes of s2.
Sep 23, 2021 2:10 PM

Mar 2020
Very weak episode. They should focus on slice of life/comedy/CGDCT because they cant write a story to save their lives. Baby Kanna and baby Tooru save it from being a complete disaster.
Sep 24, 2021 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
yooo , this episode is so deep for tohruu !!

also two lolis dragon is fucking cuteeee
Sep 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
When Kana in the past said that she wants "attention", there was a huge dragon in the background, was that Kana parent?
Sep 28, 2021 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
excellent episode.

finally Quetzacoatl in her majestic dragon form!

Sep 30, 2021 8:38 AM

Aug 2020
For an episodic SoL, this backstory was awesome (it's come full circle). This series really does take its time and flesh out its characters. Since everyone has mainly been fleshed out, I wonder what they will do for season 3 🤔🤔🤔.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Oct 5, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2018
So.. Fight between dragons and humans started, when some people joined pro-gods dragon faction, started working together with them?.. They didn't fight before at all?.. Or they did?..
Interesting to hear more of Kobayashi's backstory.. We also got glimpses towards other dragons we know.. Maybe we'll get more about them in time, because many things about how they used to be - are still unknown, maybe only slightly touched here and there.. For some touched more.. I hope we'll just get more in the future about them..
Oct 14, 2021 6:23 PM

Jun 2021
El-Melloi said:

It's Kanna's parent, either her father or mother, I believe.

Tohru asked in Japanese,
"Sendai no Kanna Kamui ka?"

Literal Translation:
"The previous generation of Kanna Kamui?"

As Fafnir once said, there's nothing special about the parent-child relationship in dragons' lives. This is why Tohru, in a dragon's common sense, said previous generation instead of parent.

So, in human terms and perspective, Tohru's question would be,
"That's Kanna Kamui's parent?"

Note: I don't read the manga, so I could be wrong on some points.
Nov 3, 2021 12:00 PM
Nov 15, 2021 3:40 PM

Oct 2019
We finally got a character backstory of Tohru, and from two POVs, her own and her father's. Baby dragon Tohru was almost too kawaii ^.^ Excellent episode like most of this season, with an impressive battle with the gods sequence. Minor complaint about the subs of this episode, at least of my own version (Crunchy), but thankfully the errors were not frequent.

What I failed to understand was who that other Kanna was. Her mother or father? If so why did they have the same name and surname? And why did Tohru say 'previous Kanna Kamui' instead of father / mother? A mystery to be disclosed later I guess..

edit: Not quite a mystery apparently, based on a couple of comments I read. They were one of her parents.
SharpedonNov 15, 2021 3:59 PM
Nov 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Mar 2013

She probably the reason why Tohru lost it and gave up on live to solo raid the gods
Nov 20, 2021 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
another amazing episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2021 8:36 PM

Aug 2019
Great Tohru development episode. Ngl i'll really give the Kyoto Ani this one, these past few episodes they've managed to balance deep character development with casual SOL and made it flow really well.

Seeing Tohru's father was surprising, but we managed to get a pretty clear image now of what her stance on the war and humans were before meeting Kobayashi.

Looking forward to this last episode next, but also sad that this season has to already end.
Jan 1, 2022 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
Hot damn a lore dump! Baby dragon Tohru also too cute
Jan 11, 2022 6:51 PM

Jul 2021
Honestly baby Kanna is the most adorable thing on earth
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 4, 2022 12:48 PM
Nov 2020
kobayashis feelings are quite relatable in this one, she doesnt feel like shes enough for tohru so she feels guilty, but tohru doesnt mind that since she loves her fpr who she is, and nothing more. thats a nice little message there.
Jul 10, 2022 3:54 AM

Feb 2019
Lore dump ep!

Lucoa's dragon form is super long.

A little backstory of Tohru, how the notion of freedom without a purpose is meaningless.

Tohru found her new purpose in life that is to be Kobayashi's maid.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 31, 2023 5:35 PM

Aug 2019
random lore episode. how did all that come from the question of "why is our coding language similiar to magic" or whatever? the actual question wasnt answered though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
So seems like we finally know about the whole backstory of Tohru. Lucoa was hella impressive as a dragon, don't remember seeing her dragon form before.
Aug 18, 2023 8:40 AM

Dec 2022
That was very deep, perhaps a bit too deep for my kokoro but I appreciate them going into Tohru's life and her father's role in her upbringing.
Mar 22, 2:24 AM
Apr 2013
EP 11

Some weird preview for this time, hopefully no ridiculous shenangians this time

So yeah a very different episode. felt almost like a totally different genre. heavy talking and what not
Ok so next episode is the summer festival eh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» STUPID FIGHT SCENES

tongboonbin - May 26

14 by MarciUwU »»
May 27, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

162 by haminshamin »»
May 26, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.