Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 15, 2021 6:28 PM
Jun 2020
discontinue said:
NOTE: This is just my opinion, So don't harass me by quoting my post and talking trash.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty typical. It's not different from many shounen out there. But again this view cam change because I have not read the manga yet.

I was expecting MHA to the the underdog works his way up kinda show and was pretty interested. But then Deku, got the strongest quirk in the entire fucking world.

Also character flaws, Deku doesn't have any. I mean if you count the fact that he murmurs while taking notes, I guess you could say that. But seriously why do people act like he commited genocide when he murmurs.

Fast-Forward a bit. Hold up! Deku has the strongest quirk in the entire world and gets another quirk? No Fair!

Another???? Wait, He can get 6 more quirks?

At this point, it's a joke.

Don't even try to defend it.

This isn't necessarily a spoiler, but these quirks aren't like the strength aspect of one for all. They're moreso utilities. And technically all for one is the strongest quirk. People commonly hear this and act hastily and extremely harsh like you just did when they hear this. But it's not all that much.
Jun 15, 2021 7:09 PM
Apr 2020
Probably because its popular people are more likely to question its popularity and as a result find faults in it, I think its fine I don't hate it but I do find it hilarious to watch people thinking that they're some kind of big brain intellectual for hating 1 extremely popular show.
hey there demons its me-
Jun 15, 2021 8:27 PM

Apr 2021
Becoz it's annoying. I've never seen any other character cry so much.

And why would anyone want to see a guy crying?

Jun 15, 2021 9:43 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Every great show will always have haters. They go hand 🖐 in hand 🤚 it’s okay doesn’t make the show any less popular. They just aired they’re 100th ep last Friday that was pretty cool. It’s a damn good show.
Jun 15, 2021 10:58 PM
Feb 2021
It is a pretty good show. People hate the fandom and how hard they push to make it number 1. Like I said earlier it's good, but the stans all over the internet (twitter and tiktok mainly [other forums too]) say that it's better than classics like Dragonball and Kenshin or empirically more popular series like One Piece or Demon Slayer.

If the fanbase didn't attack other shounen fanbases, then they would be more accepting.

*Also, the shipping is superrr weird. Like bro, they are supposed to be 14 or so. Calm down
Jun 15, 2021 10:58 PM
Feb 2021
It is a pretty good show. People hate the fandom and how hard they push to make it number 1. Like I said earlier it's good, but the stans all over the internet (twitter and tiktok mainly [other forums too]) say that it's better than classics like Dragonball and Kenshin or empirically more popular series like One Piece or Demon Slayer.

If the fanbase didn't attack other shounen fanbases, then they would be more accepting.

*Also, the shipping is superrr weird. Like bro, they are supposed to be 14 or so. Calm down
Jun 15, 2021 11:03 PM
Feb 2021
JaceAde said:

**Also also, the current arc is pretty meh. The emphasis on Shizo is interesting and I enjoy it, but most of the other stuff is kind of below average for the series.

I was enjoying the storyline with Hawks and Endevor. They have a dynamic that is interesting, and Endevor is becoming the most interesting character in the show. He is the only one that shows a satisfying amount of growth right now.
Jun 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Apr 2021
Mainly becoz of its fandom and the fact that it's a battle shounen. These alone can lead any show to be hated by at least some people
Jun 16, 2021 12:22 AM

Jan 2021
I have a huge hatred to this show especially the fandom. I recently discovered that most of my friends watched this crap and said its "good". I mean, its in between average since it is a typical shounen but its the goddamn franchise that's making it look ugly. (Not everyone enjoys this show but honestly, I'd rated it higher if the franchise didn't start to do their cringe-worthy tiktoks & fanarts.)
YoRHa-2BJun 16, 2021 12:30 AM

Jun 16, 2021 12:35 AM

Aug 2010
I feel like most people would probably say they ha te the toxic fandom. Personally there are several reasons why I think it's just average at best:

1.Predictable, you know the ending in the first sentence in ep 1- Deku becoming the greatest hero
2. Ash had deeper development than Deku did - Pokémon is targeted at young children and is not expected to have better development than teen show. Same goes for plot. it feels like a kid show, not teen show.
3. Villains are not scary or threatening - they are just there, doing nothing (I am currently in s3 but from what I saw, I don't think it will change much)
4. Side characters have better development than MC and are way more interesting.
5. Pretty forgetable plot. Brings nothing new to superhero genre.
Jun 16, 2021 2:22 AM

Nov 2014
Haha, the classic MHA excuse "people hate this show cause of the fandom, the show itself is good".
Nah man, I can dislike both the show and the fandom separately.

Idk, read some reviews.
Jun 16, 2021 2:50 AM

Jun 2020
usually I hate an anime when they has weird fandom, or when people praise it too much, I don't know why but I did that.
Jun 16, 2021 4:30 AM

Jan 2021
It’s pretty mid, boring, and predictable unlike those fans saying “omg mha is good”

You can always tell that the heroes win because of course “good beats evil”

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Jun 16, 2021 7:06 AM
May 2021
Because ngl the fandom is quite annoying. I love this anime but even sometimes I have to roll my eyes at its stupidity.
Jun 16, 2021 8:29 AM
Jun 2021
Probably the fandom
Jun 16, 2021 9:15 AM

Mar 2021
I don't hate the anime, I hate the retarded fandom
Anime is overrated
Jun 16, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
I've seen very little real criticism (which is very valid) and more of people online just calling it mid for no reason, calling Deku a bitch, disliking it because of the fandom (which has nothing to do with the show itself) and hating on it because its popular.
Jun 16, 2021 9:21 AM

Mar 2021
bladeof_crimson7 said:
I've seen very little real criticism (which is very valid) and more of people online just calling it mid for no reason, calling Deku a bitch, disliking it because of the fandom (which has nothing to do with the show itself) and hating on it because its popular.

???

A lot of people gave great reasons on why they thought that it was mid, what are you talking about?
Anime is overrated
Jun 16, 2021 9:22 AM

Oct 2019
abeydaby said:
bladeof_crimson7 said:

???

A lot of people gave great reasons on why they thought that it was mid, what are you talking about?
I know, I've mentioned that I have seen real criticism, but I've seen more of the other reasons I gave.
Jun 16, 2021 9:28 AM

Mar 2021
bladeof_crimson7 said:
abeydaby said:

???

I know, I've mentioned that I have seen real criticism, but I've seen more of the other reasons I gave.

Ah, alright. My bad lol.
Anime is overrated
Jun 16, 2021 11:27 AM

Dec 2019
I just don’t really like the concept and the character that much at all, could totally understand someone loving it tho. I couldn’t care less about the fandom
Jun 16, 2021 3:00 PM
Aug 2020
It's not like I hate MHA. At first I expected a overpowered bad ass protagonist but when I saw the actual anime, yes it has an overpowered protagonist according to plot line the implementation of the growth is quit stagnant to me. He has potential to fulfill my expectations but he didn't even after s5. I have no complaints on action sequences but the story telling is pretty much boring. (for me atleast) Every season I starts with various expectations and it starts along it but after half way through the season I need to push myself to complete that season. That's all my thoughts.
" Thus what I trying to say is I didn't Hate MHA but It didn't met my Expectations that's all"
arunbalaji_mJun 16, 2021 3:15 PM
Jun 16, 2021 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure everyone's really bored of the various tropes in Mha. I mean none of it is new and unique and it borrows a lot of aspects from shows like Naruto which people already watched or comics like X men where the concept was already used.

Deku is awfully generic and doesn't really have a deep motivation such as others such as Naruto (who wanted acceptance from the village), Tanjiro (who wanted to turn his sister back into a human) and even Asta from Black Clover (who wanted to prove that magicless lower class people can become the wizard king). Deku wanted to protect people because? Oh All might is so cool when he protects people. The first few episodes of Mha were awfully boring and the way Deku got accepted into UA was a huge asspull.

Talking about well developed characters, the only names coming about are Shoto (which was already done before with Gaara), Bakugo (which was done before with Vegeta), Mirio (in the most boring arc) Endevour and Shigaraki. Deku was never even developed that well. . Also the gimmick of making Deku a fucking swiss army knife by giving him the most overpowered quirk and overpowering it even more kinda makes it a power fantasy which many people hate.

The dark tone which it took in the manga, first impressed me but then later, literally became Batman:Kids edition. The fights are monotonous (I mean try watching a fight without the music and you'll see how boring the fights are). The power system was among the worst. Some people like Bakugo, shoto and Deku get overpowered quirks and it kills of using strategy in fights. It speaks volumes when the most strategy used in fights is literally min maxing how to break your arms and then later min maxing how much percentage of OFA is used at a time and then min maxing the number of quirks you can use.

Also, AFO was literally a garbage villain. Shigaraki and gang in the anime were garbage, Overhaul was garbage. All villains are garbage (except Stain) which makes Mha a boring watch if not for the hype musiic. The character designs are Ehhh and the jokes are not funny and strictly going by the anime, the series fell apart after Season 2. Dialogue is way too goofy and arcs such as the school festival arc were boring as shit.

World building, although it was good in the beginning by showing us how a society is determined by quirks, was done horribly, and we literally dont know anything about the world. It doesnt kinda immerse you into the world such as One Piece, FMAB, HxH or even Black Clover, all of which have well developed worlds.

An inferior shounen which thrives by ripping off every aspect from other shounen where the only good point you can think of is the hype AF music. I am not surprised people hate it.
removed-userJun 16, 2021 5:38 PM
Jun 16, 2021 5:44 PM

Nov 2015
Because deku is openly Bisexual for bakugo
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 16, 2021 5:51 PM
Nov 2018
from what i've seen, it's because of the fanbase
Jun 17, 2021 7:31 AM
Jun 2021
We don't, there is millions of Lovers of My hero academia, I'm one of them
Jun 18, 2021 3:56 AM
Mar 2021
I hated MHA for its first 2 seasons with all passion because I found it stupidly cliché and couldn't bear watching the characters. I didn't even know about the fandom at that time. It took me over 3 months dropping multiple times to complete 2 seasons of MHA while I caught up with 941 Episodes if onepiece in 27 days. Just imagine how much of mediocre I thought MHA season 1 and season 2 were.

Then I finally decided to watch season 3 and I loved the bakugo rescue arc.
I thought I might start liking this anime and then came the hero license exam tournament arc. And after that I chose never to come back to MHA again.

Until a month ago when I thought I would give it one last shot. I loved most of season 4 and caught up to season 5.
That's pretty much it.
Jun 23, 2021 8:31 PM
Oct 2020
It’s too predictable and the concept is boring.
Jul 11, 2021 1:32 PM
May 2021
I think it’s personally that one side of the fandom honestly I left this fandom because of it they just ruin everything and the fact that same of them actually threatened the creators to make their ships come true it honestly disgusts me to believe that people can actually go that far like seriously 😐
Jul 12, 2021 1:17 AM
Apr 2021
Some people might think its repetitive and too bland.
Jul 12, 2021 1:17 AM
Apr 2021
Some people might think its repetitive and too bland.
Jul 17, 2021 11:09 PM
May 2021
I hate how people don't like animes because they are popular. They are usually popular because they are good wth
Sep 9, 2021 9:18 PM
Nov 2020
It's average and repetitive also there are alot of other shounen which is better nowdays so I can see why
Sep 14, 2021 2:56 AM
Sep 2021
BNHA or as I call it The Adventure of Crybaby Gon becoming a hero
Starring-
Crying Gon as deku
Blond Sasuke but an even bigger asshole as Bakugo
This show is the epitome of bad Shonen, if you rewatch the first episode, deku literally says that this is how i became the greatest hero that ever lived, which means he is alive at the end of the show, which deflates the impact of any fight scene, because you know he won't die here.
I can appreciate the author's choice to create a new art style for bnha, but a lot of characters look ass, like Ochako
There are better Shonen out there, with a better cast of characters
The Fandom ruins it even more, trying to make every character gay for some reason, I have nothing against gay people, but when the gay people are dad and son, you have gone too far
The people who give this show a 10/10 either haven't watched any other anime or are 12-16 year old girls
If you want to see good Shonen, watch HxH, JJk or AoT, all are miles better than this horseshit
Oct 3, 2021 12:24 PM
Feb 2021
I don’t hate it, I just think it's generic
Oct 5, 2021 10:17 PM
Oct 2019
dropped below an 8.00 on MAL
Oct 6, 2021 12:06 PM

Sep 2020
A lot of the replies are literally "People love hating on popular shows lol"
Or maybe they just don't like it???
Oct 12, 2021 3:51 AM
Jun 2021
discontinue said:
NOTE: This is just my opinion, So don't harass me by quoting my post and talking trash.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty typical. It's not different from many shounen out there. But again this view cam change because I have not read the manga yet.

I was expecting MHA to the the underdog works his way up kinda show and was pretty interested. But then Deku, got the strongest quirk in the entire fucking world.

Also character flaws, Deku doesn't have any. I mean if you count the fact that he murmurs while taking notes, I guess you could say that. But seriously why do people act like he commited genocide when he murmurs.

Fast-Forward a bit. Hold up! Deku has the strongest quirk in the entire world and gets another quirk? No Fair!

Another???? Wait, He can get 6 more quirks?

At this point, it's a joke.

Don't even try to defend it.

First you say that don't quote me then you write don't try to defend it

I feel sorry for you for not understanding the show

If you think deku's quirk isbt his own and was given to him by someone that you're a narrow minded watcher

First of all the people who get their quirks from birth didn't do anything special in order to gain them
It's completely random
We saw deku work hard to be worthy of the quirk given by all might

So to y'all who are saying that deku's power isn't his own
You couldn't be more wrong
Jun 29, 2022 2:37 AM
Feb 2022
AntiVirgin said:
for me, all characters except todoroki I either can't stand, or are bland as hell, or barely get any screen time, they always had the most boring arcs at times like class a vs b, and pretty much anything to do with the school, I lost interest in mha after the forest arc

Another good job by the author... Filtering, that works since episode 1. But some are illiterate and like to be tortured by their own mental triggers... My guess, just the way things are in life.
Jun 29, 2022 2:43 AM
Feb 2022
arunbalaji_m said:
It's not like I hate MHA. At first I expected a overpowered bad ass protagonist but when I saw the actual anime, yes it has an overpowered protagonist according to plot line the implementation of the growth is quit stagnant to me. He has potential to fulfill my expectations but he didn't even after s5. I have no complaints on action sequences but the story telling is pretty much boring. (for me atleast) Every season I starts with various expectations and it starts along it but after half way through the season I need to push myself to complete that season. That's all my thoughts.
" Thus what I trying to say is I didn't Hate MHA but It didn't met my Expectations that's all"

The overpowered char comes only at the end, the work had shown a bunch of hints of it(the first replayed internet video on Deku's PC onwards). Or you give up on that lie you invented to yourself, or... Just go watch One Punch Man...
Sep 9, 2022 5:37 PM

Sep 2015
I love the show (haven't read the manga except maybe some of Vigilantes), but reading this thread, I can understand why people wouldn't like it. I personally don't care too much what people think so long as the show gives me enjoyment.
Here come the jesters, one two three,
It's all part of my fantasy.
Sep 22, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2022
mid mid mid mid mid yes
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.