Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 15, 2021 11:53 PM
Dec 2020
Episode translated a rather uneventful manga period into one of the most fun episodes this season, although I wish they would fix megimins hair
said the lolicon bastard
Jan 16, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
That broom girls hair is giving me some serious Shiki flashbacks.
Jan 16, 2021 12:07 AM
Dec 2018
OCEAN PACIFIC PEACE
Jan 16, 2021 12:29 AM

Oct 2009
That was fun!

The new OP isn't as good but the visuals are fire!!
ED is beautiful :')
Jan 16, 2021 12:39 AM

May 2016
God satoru is so fucking cool. Makes me hard almost.
Jan 16, 2021 1:12 AM

Apr 2020
The comedy gags in JJK are gold. Really funny. And the Tokyo team is finally complete with Itadori.
Jan 16, 2021 1:36 AM

Jun 2019
Ah shit, here we go again.
Jan 16, 2021 2:01 AM
Jun 2019
Oh man did I miss Jujutsu Kaizen I'm so glad it's back! This episode was light hearted with the comedy being spot on imo. The opening and ending are still really good despite them being different vibes than the first ones. I love the visuals in the ending especially. Looks like stuff is going to heat up and we're going to learn more about other Jujutsu sorcerer's. Can't wait!!!
Jan 16, 2021 2:06 AM

Jan 2019
Very good return after the 3 week long break. Loved seeing all the characters and the new OP and ED are amazing, esepcially the ED !!
Jan 16, 2021 2:13 AM
Feb 2019
Itadori and Gojou were sooo funny this episode. It's just that the new op spoiled a lot of stuff for this arc. But besides that, the episode itself was very enjoyable.
Jan 16, 2021 2:28 AM
Jun 2017
jujutsu kaisen is back..

yuuji is back...

yeah,, im ready for next weeks episode
Jan 16, 2021 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
finally kaisen jujutsu is back, new bow looks very interesting

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 16, 2021 2:58 AM
Apr 2020
OP was too cool.
ED was aesthetic AF. A bit sad and light but liked the overall feel.
seren1tyJan 16, 2021 3:01 AM
Jan 16, 2021 2:58 AM
Sep 2020
The OP was fire, but the song was not the best, the ED was good.
The new arc will be awesome.
Im still curious what will happen in One piece ep 914 & 915.
Jan 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
It's finally back!

2 MAPPA anime this season and both of them is 10/10

Jan 16, 2021 3:52 AM
Nov 2020
Ringare said:
There are hanging around as usual, this is not serious at all, I prefer the Kyoto team actually, Toudou looks very determined and har working. I once kicked a door like he did because I lacked focus at work.
I hope they manage to kill Itadori Yuuji, I cant bear him, he's way too lazy. I remember being attacked also in highschool for dumb reasons, I had to go to the hospital and lost time to work for my test on the next day, it was a very bad day so this arc reminded me horrible memories; Not a good start
this is what a serious team looks like
but u know they cant. Lol
Jan 16, 2021 3:54 AM
Nov 2020
Aint nobody gonna talk bout the outro being changed ? Ok
Jan 16, 2021 3:56 AM
Nov 2020
Ryuseishun said:
The new OP and ED themes are so amazing and actually even better than the previous ones, despite my initial doubts prior to the debut.

Looks like this is an upcoming tourney arc. Yuuji's reunion turned out quite hilarious, indeed. It's cool to know how much a personality like Gojou-sensei means to him, too, considering the amount of shit he's been through already.
really bro ? The ed ?
Jan 16, 2021 4:37 AM
Sep 2018
I think I will not be able to skip op from next episode onwards...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 16, 2021 4:48 AM
Aug 2016
Good episode. And holy moly! The OP and ED look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD, even better than the first OP .😲
Jan 16, 2021 5:26 AM

Dec 2018
That OP is on fire, Both of JJK OP and ED are great!
Poor Yuuji, glad Miwa, Toudo, and momo(?) don't have any intention to kill Yuuji.

Kyoto students scares of Inumaki ability? but why Goujo before only mention Toudo and the other unknown black hair student might surpass him soon and not mentioning about Inumaki?
It's sad they show Junpei again after he is already died....
Can't wait for the next episode!

Jan 16, 2021 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
This show flies by too quick, blink and you at end credits already its so engrossing. Glad we have a new ending with a sublime song. The weird dancing Yuuji at the ending of last season disturbed my calm for some subconscious reason I cant explain, so I'm all good now!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 16, 2021 6:02 AM
Nov 2019
The new OP was good but I also miss the first one
Jan 16, 2021 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
Finally, we back boys. That was a long 3 week wait. Another banging OP by Jujutsu Kaisen visually and music wise. I am going to miss Kaikai Kitan and Lost in Paradise. ED on the other hand was aesthetic as fuck.

I was waiting for the reunion and it was even better than I expected. Gojo and Itadori were hilarious. Looking forward to the official start of the exchange event, goodluck killing our boi Itadori.
Jan 16, 2021 6:34 AM
Apr 2019
After three weeks of waiting, here we are now for the exciting 2nd cour of Jujutsu Kaisen. The OP is goddamn immersive and visually striking: MAPPA did a good job more than we expected. I'll also assure that this tournament arc will be exciting.
Jan 16, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2020
They released the new episode after so long that i literally forgot everything that happened before 😂😂
Jan 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Let's goo JJK it's back. What a refreshing episode we got this time.

the ED by Coshunie is nice I like it. I have trust issues with the OP and ED this time
Jan 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Mar 2018
So the author is trying to "subvert" expectations, I see. But there is a huge gap between trying and actually accomplishing that goal. Unfortunately, JJK fails at subverting expectations.
Epic entrance for our MC's reintroduction to the crew? Who needs that? That's too cliche. Instead, we'll make a goofy entrance which doesn't hold any weight whatsoever. It's treated as a joke. A serious topic like death is treated as a joke indirectly here. "Look at me. I'm so cool and different from other authors." - JJK author probably. I swear the author has no tact. First there was shameless and half-baked preachy stuff like "What is a proper death anyway?", in the previous arc (even the ending was half-baked). Now this. The author is a hack. Probably dancing on his Editor's fingers. Smh.
Jan 16, 2021 7:39 AM

Jul 2012
JJK is finally back!! I missed it so much!

Jesus christ, Gojou never fails to make me laugh out loud. I love him. His interactions between him and my boy Nanami are always the best!

I expected Fushiguro and Nobara to react like that, tbh, especially after they were making a big fuss about it. It was hilarious nonetheless.

New OP and ED are beautiful visually but I miss the old songs, especially Lost in Paradise!
Jan 16, 2021 7:39 AM

Mar 2018
Besides the rather sleep inducing story, the art in this episode was very crisp and clean, very unlike Mappa's certain other show this season. The animation is still average though.
Jan 16, 2021 7:43 AM

Jul 2017
Like the new opening a lot more than the first one. Surprised at Yuta being in the OP for a split second. Has he even been brought up in the anime yet? I assume not many people know that he's the protagonist of the author's previous manga.
Jan 16, 2021 7:48 AM
Aug 2016
Welcome back Jujutsu Kaisen, and of course the failed surprise of Yuuji. Its not possible for the teammates to cry for joy, but their reaction look like preparing to exorcist Yuuji any minute lol

The anime is cool to watch but antagonist are bland, I mean nowadays every character has a purpose of doing things, so probably JJK needs to think about that. Kyoto team is definitely more interesting and terrifying but then, when will that long beard jiji die?

Anyway, support Team Gojou forever!
Jan 16, 2021 8:16 AM
May 2020
really like the new op and ending. visually speaking it was better than the first op end ending ngl.

itadori and the gang better come with the clutch in the next few episodes ahlie and I REALLY WONDER WHO THE RAT IS
Jan 16, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
ttcchen said:
Short_Circut said:
woah the new OP is pretty sick, has all the signs of a feelsbadman OP, though the chorus does feel a bit choppy lol. ED is decent but nothing compared to the 1st cour one

but as for the ep, school training camp with villains possibly planning on interrupting sounds a loooooot like MHA lmao.

But it's glad to see Itadori back with the gang though I did honestly like his solo spell more tbh
honestly tho, are there ANY shounen tournament arcs that're not crashed by the villains and is just straight up fights between good guys? i don't mind JJK doing this as long as it's represented well. It's not the cliches that's bad, it's the way they're delivered, as some wise person once said.

I believe iirc Black Clover did have a good guys v good guys tournament arc without having it be interrupted by villains
Jan 16, 2021 8:19 AM

Jan 2021
So there's a spy among Kyoto team, I bet it's the guy with the 2 tails.
Next episode will be pretty interesting, probably Yuuji will show his surprising power
Jan 16, 2021 8:34 AM

Mar 2018
I was way more hyped for the Grand Magic Games from Fairy Tail than whatever half-baked stuff is gonna come out here. The worldbuilding and the characters there were so much better than here.
Jan 16, 2021 8:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a demon's resting area huh. Mahito looks as cheerful as normal despite the pasting that he got when he faced Nanami. The new opening is pretty nice and mixed well the new visuals as well. Hmm Kyoto's seniors sure are an interesting bunch. Gojou really is quite brazen opposing the higher ups that openly. Toge sure has quite the inconvenient limit though it could be worst. Toudou sure has priorities straight lol. Looks like the seniors though have no qualms about taking out Yuuji though the opinion isn't actually universal. With the threat posed by the secret orders given to the Kyoto seniors as well as the curses within the event im quite curious to see how it will go next week. But overall an excellent ep that combined excellent world building via the intro of the new characters and tension in the new plots that were set in motion. Pretty calming ending theme though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2021 8:57 AM
Apr 2018
- So mission "revive SUKUNA".
- New Op & a Clean Art!
- YUUJI rejoins his team.
- 16:50 TOUDOU : I have long been dissapointed in you all and your bad taste in women.
Jan 16, 2021 9:48 AM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:
So the author is trying to "subvert" expectations, I see. But there is a huge gap between trying and actually accomplishing that goal. Unfortunately, JJK fails at subverting expectations.
Epic entrance for our MC's reintroduction to the crew? Who needs that? That's too cliche. Instead, we'll make a goofy entrance which doesn't hold any weight whatsoever. It's treated as a joke. A serious topic like death is treated as a joke indirectly here. "Look at me. I'm so cool and different from other authors." - JJK author probably. I swear the author has no tact. First there was shameless and half-baked preachy stuff like "What is a proper death anyway?", in the previous arc (even the ending was half-baked). Now this. The author is a hack. Probably dancing on his Editor's fingers. Smh.

The character's actions made sense.
Gojo would totally troll everyone by having Yuji do that and Yuji would naively go along with it.
Kyoto doesn't care while Nobara is both mad and happy and Megumi is quiet and happy.
This cover sums it up.
(I agree that Megumi's anime reaction is underwhelming though)

Considering Junpei died despite the OP and Nanami lived despite his flashback
I think JJK's succeeds at most of it's subversions.
I don't really understand your author hate.
It leads to stuff like your post from ep 13.
Which was 90% nonsense.
Did you change your mind about it?
Jan 16, 2021 10:00 AM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

The character's actions made sense.
Gojo would totally troll everyone by having Yuji do that and Yuji would naively go along with it.
Kyoto doesn't care while Nobara is both mad and happy and Megumi is quiet and happy.
This cover sums it up.

( I agree that Megumi's anime reaction is underwhelming though)

Considering Junpei died despite the OP and Nanami lived despite his flashback
I think JJK's succeeds at most of it's subversions.
I don't really understand your author hate.
It leads to stuff like your post from ep 13.
Which was 90% nonsense.
Did you change your mind about it?

Never said their actions didn't made sense or not. Read my post properly before replying and if you did then stop putting words into my mouth. I guess this is expected of a fanboy(?). Also, the OP isn't the source material so idk why you even mentioned that. And I never complained about the subversion part for the Nanami fight because it worked there bit didn't work here. Point is, the author is just subverting for the sake of doing it. Whether it works or not is none of his concern.

The author is a hack. He is probably told to do this by his editor probably considering the arcs so far have been really half baked with a lack of coherence and no proper conclusions, the subversion being a hit or miss, being full of comedy gags at every moment it gets, etc.
Jan 16, 2021 10:38 AM

Nov 2018
This show just keeps on improving IMO, the animation in the OP was orgasmic.

I'm willing to call this top 3 or top 2 anime of the year if they can really show up and outperform the first half of the show, which would be a feat in itself.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 16, 2021 12:00 PM

May 2015
I really like new OP. Sounds refreshing.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 16, 2021 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
New OP <<<< Old OP
New ED >>>> Old ED

Especially when it comes to the visuals ^^

Interesting set up, let's see where this'll go.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 16, 2021 12:20 PM
Jul 2019
So, ep 14 is finally here, shit what took kit sooo long?

Not liking both the op end ed.
Jan 16, 2021 12:24 PM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

Never said their actions didn't made sense or not. Read my post properly before replying and if you did then stop putting words into my mouth. I guess this is expected of a fanboy(?). Also, the OP isn't the source material so idk why you even mentioned that. And I never complained about the subversion part for the Nanami fight because it worked there bit didn't work here. Point is, the author is just subverting for the sake of doing it. Whether it works or not is none of his concern.

The author is a hack. He is probably told to do this by his editor probably considering the arcs so far have been really half baked with a lack of coherence and no proper conclusions, the subversion being a hit or miss, being full of comedy gags at every moment it gets, etc.

Damn dude chill.
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm a mindless fanboy who thinks JJK has no flaws.
Similarly, just because you dislike parts of the series doesn't make you a mindless hater(?) who thinks JJK is all flaws.

You hated Nanami getting saved last episode.
So I figured you felt that:
"JJK(the entire series not just this episode) fails at subverting expectations"
My bad.

I also don't get the editor thing? You're saying his editor told him to do the scene this way, which ruined it for you.
And your proof is the previous arcs' endings and structures sucked?
What?
How can you tell the differnce between the editor and author?
Plus, even though this scene shows the author's a "hack" you agree the characters' actions make sense.

So taking all of this into consideration,
Do you understand my point of view?
TirihasJan 16, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 16, 2021 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
nice to see the return of jjk!

I liked the visuals and animation for OP2 tho I much prefer the song for OP1. A lot more spoilers in OP2 compared to OP1 too...

ED2 is absolutely beautiful. very melancholic and nostalgic.

overall, the episode was a slow one, setting up the stage for the tournament/goodwill event arc! i got second-hand embarrassment at yuji's reappearance. seriously it could've been more emotional but gojo... is gojo.
the talk between nanamin and gojo was nice in the beginning
i like how momo looks small but she's a third year lol. Mechamaru... i still have to get used to him being brown like a wooden puppet rather than gray.

they keep hyping up yuta and it was cool seeing him appear in the OP and in this ep, also nice mention of rika, but yeah, it's gonna be awhile...

gojo not using infinity with the principal but using it to block the tea thrown at him by utahime was fun. but honestly he's so OP he just does whatever he wants

Kamo (the guy with eyes closed) sorta gives me neiji vibes lol

todo was fun, idol >>>> getting ordered to kill random dude he doesn't know

mai getting pissed twice over one episode, once when kamo said megumi was more skilled (?) had more potential (?) than the current head of zenin, the other time when kamo said she sounded like todo, she needs to have some anger relief in the game...

the old guy wanting the students to kill yuji... we've seen gojo's reaction to yuji's "death", if he actually did kill yuji again, the higher ups are gonna be missing a few heads...

finally it was nice when fushiguro noticed that something had happened with yuji and reaffirmed his own desire to not lose (but again, he's not wholeheartedly into it, as nobara noticed lol, no wonder todo didn't approve of his taste in women)

can't wait for the fights next ep, hope for some nice animation!
Jan 16, 2021 3:56 PM

Sep 2020
literally love all of the characters in the ending they are just the sweetest

reccomend u watch the ending if u skipped it bc its adorable

Itadori is quickly moving up my favorite characters list
Jan 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Oct 2020
New OP and ED aren't fast-paced bangers like the first ones, but they're still really good. Much calmer and almost sweet, especially the new ED. In terms of the episode itself, I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10. The reunion between Yuuji and Fushijuro and Nobara wasn't as satisfactory as I'd hoped for. I think they were going for more of a comedic reunion, but it didn't fully pay off. Still, definitely enjoyable and kind of funny to watch. I'm really excited to see how this arc progresses, and to see how the first years team up with each other, the second years, and even possibly students from the other school. I got the feeling that something more will happen during this upcoming arc; but then again, when have you seen everything go according to plan or stick to the schedule in a big meet-up like this in any anime? Once it comes back in stock at B&N I'll purchase volumes 2-8 of the manga (0 and 1 were pretty great).

This episode felt more like a linking episode or a recap episode, dare I say a filler, as to help set everything in place for the next couple episodes, but that's a good thing. We kind of needed a small break (especially MAPPA) from the most recent arc and all the action that happened in it.

See y'all next Saturday :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2021 4:50 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Jougo is such a nicely designed character also Nobara getting more screen time yes yes and yes

Jan 16, 2021 6:06 PM
Oct 2020
This anime is great
I like tsundere, especially Eris :)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Today, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
Yesterday, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.