Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2020 9:48 PM

Sep 2017
damn i wish the anime would make Kazuya less cringe and punchable but nope they stay faithful to the manga, im glad yet pissed at the same time lol.

oh and say hello to the disaster Mami-chan, she will be the next Rachel of ToG aka the most hated girl of the season i guess

hell yeah next episode cant wait for my girl Mizuhara's marvelous bikini

Edited : lol need only 2 episodes to make everyone hatin on Kazuya, dont worry guys you will hate him even more
zalapenoJul 18, 2020 1:13 AM
Jul 17, 2020 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
What an episode ahhah
Mami being a fkn b1tch...now acting like that...and i bet she is just using him again and let him hurt... Still, the 1h kanojo(XD) is rly cool. She does more than the agreed time and has great attitude sometimes.
I kinda know how the anime will turn out but i want more:)
Jul 17, 2020 10:01 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah, I'm already hating Kazuya for being that stupid.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 17, 2020 10:24 PM

Dec 2015
I understand that Kazuya has an obsession with his ex-girlfriend, Mami; but he needs to wake up, see the obvious clues, and move on. The whole bar scene was really awkward, all because Mami holds a grudge against him for some reason, even though she broke up with him.

Kazuka looked like he wanted to die when she started talking. I would have loved to see him tell her to shut the fuck up or something. I do like Chizuru standing up for him and then walking away when he just accepted it.

Overall, I'll give the episode a 3/5. I'll still watch the show to see what happens next, but Kazuya needs to figure out that his ex is playing with his emotions. After the episode, my favorite character is probably Chizuru just for that scene alone.
Jul 17, 2020 10:41 PM
Mar 2018
This thing worse than kuzu no honkai, i would not drop now just to make sure that i'm right.
Jul 17, 2020 10:58 PM

Jul 2020
I really like the character designs of the first 2 girls introduced in the series. but yeah that MC is uhhmm how to describe it, bad and annoying af. welp atleast his grandma is super dope!

that op is a banger, as expected by the peggies. tbh didn't like how many cliche tropes where thrown in this episode. but hey we're getting an early beach episode next! well gonna watch this series only for the girls.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 17, 2020 11:21 PM
Dec 2017
Gharfrost said:

Like, who would defend his ex whos publicly assaulting him with harsh yet private data? Disgusting, the expected reaction would be to just retaliate the ex verbally, leave the so called "party" or "festivity" with Chizuru, and just thank her for stepping in, like, from such point onwards, it could go to either romantic route where she starts warming up to him, or the romcom route where she tells him to figure out the break up asap.

Well it's quite realistic, there are a lot of people who have problems with relationships and social interactions, and in a case like this they will choose not to do anything in order to not piss off anyone. Because, like Kazu's grandma said, there is no chance that he will get another girlfriend, and he believes in this.
Jul 17, 2020 11:43 PM
Teto

Sep 2017
DemonVlceChiefHT said:
That dining scene was hard to watch. Why in the fuck did he just let Mami talk shit about him? Like even after your "girlfriend" stood up for you, you proceed to stand up for Mami, and fucking accept what she said, like holy shit, Kazuya, are you the first human invertebrate or some shit. Also, why is Mami even talking like that to him in the first place, yeah, he got another girlfriend after your ass left him, stay off his dick, and go find someone else too.

Also that finale scene. She's all like "I had no idea you had such a manly side too you" and then proceeds to invite him to her house. I mean, It's so obvious that she is just trying to manipulate him, and I guarantee it, he's gonna fall for it, and probably get dumped again, or used.

But anyways 3/5 for that episode, the show is pretty alright so far, my only problems are Mami, and how Kazuya acts. Favorite characters are probably Chizu, Kazu's Grandma.

I think the way they act is part of what will make the show good.
Jul 18, 2020 12:31 AM

May 2015
Yo what a fucking loser
I think I found the king of simps and incels
This is just as cringe as Domestic Girlfriend
Jul 18, 2020 12:49 AM
May 2020
This episode wasn't as funny as the first episode, but it was still good! I am excited for Ep 3!

Also, I was so deep in thought about Kanojo Okarishimasu, that I accidentally typed in mykanojolist instead of myanimelist in the URL bar. Luckily I realized it before I pressed enter because there was no autocomplete lol.
Jul 18, 2020 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! this episode is a torment of a MESS!
last part: Kazuya that's a bad idea! don't fall for it! i meant going to her ex place alone!
5/5.

King Simp huh...let's see if Kazu's a record holder...but for now long...?
matias067Jul 18, 2020 1:17 AM

Jul 18, 2020 1:13 AM

Feb 2020
man... it's just 2 episode and I already hate the main character.. he's wayy... too beta, and cover everything with lies.. he is the worst mc to be able in the harem genre.
Jul 18, 2020 1:30 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Why is it that everyone immediately decides to hate a character when they are an imperfect person? I think that Kazuya's imperfections will end up making him a more relatable character. Remember, perfect characters never have room for growth. That's why they're the ones that get killed off early.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 18, 2020 2:00 AM

Feb 2008
Not a bad second episode, made me laugh a lot more than the first one.

I still dislike the main guy, so it's all about the voice actors here for me lol.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jul 18, 2020 2:02 AM
Nov 2017
-Stray said:
Yall havent been to them sites have you? We already got some good doujins of Chizuru!!!! Now just waiting for more doujins with Mami this time, despite her being bitchy she is freakin hot.

Now to the ep itself... I did not expect Kazuya to give me this much cringe in anime form... I mean the manga was cringe worthy enough but god damn... this whole premise of renting a GF could have really worked if only Kazuya wasnt such a pussy.
The faces he makes and the decisions he makes... weirdest shit is him getting turned on from imagining his ex getting it on with another dude... like I only see that in doujins... I can understand fantasizing but with a different man? Come the fck on.
Mizuhara’s a nice gal standing up for him tho, cant remember how many times I said *grow some fckin balls* this episode.

Lastly.. that OP is such a banger! Mami and Chizuru are both bangers! Girls here are really class S in design, the anime really did this shows art justice, they are so damn hot.

I hate ntr but I’m to the point where I would be totally happy if this beta would lose every girl already. I do get the fact that every teenage virgin gets turned on by everything and does some of what he does but even then no one acts like him. So I’m assuming there isn’t an ending to this yet or there wouldn’t be an anime but I hope this wraps up quick. Also why does this remind me of oresuki, that was another show I wanted to end quickly
L-Mo-ReppinJul 18, 2020 2:06 AM
Jul 18, 2020 2:25 AM
May 2020
Feel like something is missing.
Jul 18, 2020 2:32 AM
Feb 2020
I hate harems but im in love with this anime. Literally manages to make me nervous for him like on that scene where he walked into the bar i had to pause it for like 2 minutes to let myself calm down from it. People hate Kayzuya...but why? From what people have said i thought this episode was going to make me despise him but to me it just made him seem like a real person. His first ever girlfriend was the manipulative Mami and in his actions at the end he only did that because technically hes not even dating Ichinose. Im not really near his age but hes still relatable. I love how this anime isnt afraid of PG either. Seeing him wack it to Mami made me think he was still in love with her (at this point we hadnt seen her manipulative side) false cheery personality. Although i do think it was kinda weird cause i'd never seen anything like that in an anime.

For me, 10/10 so far but looking at the cover 2 more girls will get added and i feel like my rating could tank because im not a fan of harems with no romance progression.

Good comedy and amazing to look at. Reminds me of the watercolor art style from "didnt i say to make my abilities average?"
Jul 18, 2020 2:35 AM
Feb 2020
zeroj said:

I still dislike the main guy, so it's all about the voice actors here for me lol.

can i ask why you dislike the mc? Hes a pretty realistic person IMO. Hes about 20 and his first girlfriend was someone with a fake personality, he has never seen her manipulative side until after she broke up with him but it seems she still wants him or at least to toy with him. He is attached to the only girlfriend hes ever had (or at least the false cheery personality part of her). Before seeing that manipulative side you could see he still wants Mami back and Ichinose isnt even his real girlfriend. Cant see why you dislike this so much, its better than the MC from school days or Domestic Girlfriend.
Jul 18, 2020 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
I fucking hate this protagonist, I don't think there is any other protagonist that made me hate him this much. And no, just because Mami is a bitch doesn't make him any less annoying, because instead of one, now there are two insufferable characters that I want to see get a Game of Thrones death.
extralieJul 18, 2020 2:53 AM
Jul 18, 2020 2:37 AM
Feb 2020
matias067 said:
oh god! this episode is a torment of a MESS!
last part: Kazuya that's a bad idea! don't fall for it! i meant going to her ex place alone!
5/5.

King Simp huh...let's see if Kazu's a record holder...but for now long...?

Hes not a simp. Shes literally the only girlfriend hes ever had. You can tell he likes Ichinose but not the way he liked Mami. He was also kind of hesitant at the end because you can tell that he can tell something is off about her. Not a simp, just attached.
Jul 18, 2020 2:38 AM
Feb 2020
DemonVlceChiefHT said:
That dining scene was hard to watch. Why in the fuck did he just let Mami talk shit about him? Like even after your "girlfriend" stood up for you, you proceed to stand up for Mami, and fucking accept what she said, like holy shit, Kazuya, are you the first human invertebrate or some shit. Also, why is Mami even talking like that to him in the first place, yeah, he got another girlfriend after your ass left him, stay off his dick, and go find someone else too.

Also that finale scene. She's all like "I had no idea you had such a manly side too you" and then proceeds to invite him to her house. I mean, It's so obvious that she is just trying to manipulate him, and I guarantee it, he's gonna fall for it, and probably get dumped again, or used.

But anyways 3/5 for that episode, the show is pretty alright so far, my only problems are Mami, and how Kazuya acts. Favorite characters are probably Chizu, Kazu's Grandma.

Kazu's grandma is def one of the best characters so far.
Jul 18, 2020 3:00 AM
Dec 2018
In my point of view MC is Chizuru <3 I'm really enjoying this.
Jul 18, 2020 4:00 AM

May 2018
Grandma best waifu. I can see the setting for the doujin. Someone found out about Chizuru's rental girlfriend job,then blackmail her so she do what he wants. I can see NTR,rape,blackmail,big tits,defloration tag.
Jul 18, 2020 4:28 AM
Sep 2019
Such a trash shitty MC
Jul 18, 2020 4:34 AM
Sep 2019
Notifications said:
zeroj said:

can i ask why you dislike the mc? Hes a pretty realistic person IMO. Hes about 20 and his first girlfriend was someone with a fake personality, he has never seen her manipulative side until after she broke up with him but it seems she still wants him or at least to toy with him. He is attached to the only girlfriend hes ever had (or at least the false cheery personality part of her). Before seeing that manipulative side you could see he still wants Mami back and Ichinose isnt even his real girlfriend. Cant see why you dislike this so much, its better than the MC from school days or Domestic Girlfriend.

"Realistic person" LMAO, after mami said everything about him and ichinose defending him but he's just like nah girl im still in love with this bitc you can f*ck off now, yeah sure dude realistic person
Jul 18, 2020 5:00 AM

Nov 2015
This anime makes me laugh so hard. Very good episode <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2020 5:03 AM
Feb 2020
GurenNoOu said:
Notifications said:

"Realistic person" LMAO, after mami said everything about him and ichinose defending him but he's just like nah girl im still in love with this bitc you can f*ck off now, yeah sure dude realistic person

I think it might have been denial. I was going to include that but maybe thats how the anime wants you to feel. Maybe you are meant to hate the mc to see him grow. I have no idea. If i was in that situation i would have just kept quiet. Since hes only been in one relationship i guess he would actually blame himself for his "flaws" instead of realizing he isnt the sole problem. Just dont like when people call him a simp cause when you look at Rikuo from Yesterday wo Uttate they are on two different levels. Simping might be confused with attachment but they are sort of the same thing, just two varying levels of attachment.
Jul 18, 2020 5:07 AM

Feb 2019
Kazuya in anime form is cringier than he is in manga form lol

But the OP is awesome. I really love the animations, especially the poses by the girls! The way they're animated and how they match so well with the beat was satisfying to see.
Jul 18, 2020 5:13 AM
Apr 2019
The opening is really catchy and it's faithful to the manga.
Justinian2324Jul 18, 2020 6:00 AM
Jul 18, 2020 5:49 AM

Nov 2017
like: Chizuru and Yoshiaki
dislike: Kazuya and Mami

also whats up with this character in the database lol
https://myanimelist.net/character/184406/Flea_Market_Saleswoman

plz @ me
Jul 18, 2020 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Justinian2324 said:
To think that Mami's seiyuu is Rie Takahashi is a surprise for me. This time, she voiced one of my most hated character for this year. She's really a good seiyuu, especially that she voiced Mash and Megumin.

The opening is really catchy and it's faithful to the manga.

Dude no, Yuuki Aoi (Tamaki from Fire Force and Tanya from Youjo Senki) is the one voicing Mami. Taka Rie will voice the soft voiced girl Sumi.
Jul 18, 2020 5:58 AM
Jan 2018
This manipulation at the end of the episode, damn...
Jul 18, 2020 6:17 AM
Apr 2009
first episode was somewhat funny. this episode was just garbage from start to finish. most of the characters are stupid and annoying. the jokes essentially rehashing the same gags we already saw, and they no longer made me laugh, just cringe. and the plot? "how many coincidences can you fit into 20 minutes -- the anime"

the only reason i am morbidly curious to continue is to see whether these lousy characters actually develop at all over the course of the series. Chizuru so far is probably the only character who isn't completely unlikable and irritating.

however the preview for episode 3 put that to bed, more or less. not going to force myself to continue this nonsense, I have better things to do with my time.
Jul 18, 2020 6:21 AM

Jul 2014
zeeroid said:
first episode was somewhat funny. this episode was just garbage from start to finish. most of the characters are stupid and annoying. the jokes essentially rehashing the same gags we already saw, and they no longer made me laugh, just cringe. and the plot? "how many coincidences can you fit into 20 minutes -- the anime"

the only reason i am morbidly curious to continue is to see whether these lousy characters actually develop at all over the course of the series. Chizuru so far is probably the only character who isn't completely unlikable and irritating.

however the preview for episode 3 put that to bed, more or less. not going to force myself to continue this nonsense, I have better things to do with my time.

Just a heads up to help you with saving your time
Jul 18, 2020 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
Wey, que difícil e incómodo es volver a encontrarte con tu ex... más si esa tipa es una Yandere.
Jul 18, 2020 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
Dropped.
The first episodes had some sings already, but overall it was somewhat decent. The ending with them going to the same university was very convenient, but something I could swallow, but episode 2 sealed the deal.
It manifested that the stupid conveniences weren't a rare occurrence, but the backbone of the show (she is also her neighbour without him knowing in addition to their grandparents being in the same hospital ward and both going to the same university, in addition to some smaller stuff).
It also manifested that the main character isn't just a naive and inexperienced student that has a weak spot for his grandmother, as the first episode suggested, but a completely inept human that is unable to make one reasonable decision to save his life.
The female main character is a complete blockhead too, but the main character makes her appear like a goddess of wisdom. Even her idiocy would probably enough to make me drop this show, but next to the guy she even looks like a decent person at times.

Overall I'm thankful episode 2 revealed what we can expect from this train wreck, it at least saves the time of watching more of this garbage.
Jul 18, 2020 7:06 AM

Mar 2017
Last week I ranted about what a dick Kazuya is but now I really feel sorry for him; his grandmother talks to him in a way that would beat down anyone's confidence, his ex-girlfriend is a mega bitch who likes humiliating him and his friends make fun of him for being a virgin (even though they are too)... I don't blame Kazuya for being so shallow and pitiful.
Jul 18, 2020 7:26 AM

Aug 2018
yea i didn't like this one as much. i'm a bit worried with where this series is gonna go but i'll continue watching

Jul 18, 2020 7:41 AM

Aug 2018
This is probably my suprise anime of the season. I normally was not planning on watching this at all, but I'm enjoying this a bit to much. It's so ridiculous. I love it.

Sora Amamiya (Chizuru Ichinose and also known of course as Aqua-sama) is doing a lovely job. I love her voice, especially when in an annoyed tone. Praise Aqua! <3
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 18, 2020 8:10 AM

Jun 2020
Bro is there something wrong with me or is it ok that I don't find the mc nearly as hateable as other people seem to be saying. I thought he's ok, like he's a believably flawed character.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 8:23 AM
Jun 2019
Kougeru said:
This guy is such a loser lol. I hope he grows as a character. He REALLY needs to appreciate what Chizuru-hime is doing for him

Also wtf is with the subs translating "Hime" as "angel" instead of Princess

Rest easy, just watch,, i can assure you, this anime won't be just another shallow 'harem' story with minimal and vague 'feelings' development from the characters (unlike b*okuben, this is far better i think) ;)

I really like this anime, visual wise, the manga is great, but the anime is even better looking 🤩
AchtzehnJul 18, 2020 8:35 AM
Jul 18, 2020 8:44 AM

Mar 2018
The story is interesting but dang, i really don't like Kazuya and the way he's acting, what a loser (didn't mean to complain but i really need to get this off my chest). I really hope that he'll get better in the future.
Jul 18, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Blonde one gives us more and more reasons to hate her whenever she appears.
MC is such a beta. I hope he will grow a pair later on.
PiromyslJul 18, 2020 8:51 AM

Jul 18, 2020 9:15 AM

Nov 2018
This anime has everything to be very good or terrible, let's see what is going to happen.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 18, 2020 9:26 AM

Aug 2018
Oh no, she looks like the Emergence girl ohhh nooooooo wait that means ntr doujins are coming ? OH YEEEEESSSS !

The NTR doujins coming out of this will be the best thing about that show, I'm gonna coom as this cucklord is cooming to his ex, her ex beeing a blue eye blondie voiced by Yuuki Aoi and you what that means : SADISTIC BITCH TANYA STYLE OH YEAH !

Jul 18, 2020 9:40 AM
Oct 2012
I really enjoyed this episode. I could relate to Kazuya in quite a few moments. Beloved Girlfriend breaking up with me, then at some point I get another girlfriend and they get to know each other at a party. Now that I watch it in 3rd party, I realize how bad and fearsome it can be (back then I ignored the seriousness of the situation somehow).

This series is a 5/5 from me for now.
Jul 18, 2020 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
The OP is really good. Besides that, Kazuya, what are you doin'? Be a man. Step up for yourself. I don't like the blonde girl. Like why would you ruin someone else's relationship when you've already broke up with him.
Jul 18, 2020 9:49 AM

Jun 2020
Pre_Yum said:
The OP is really good. Besides that, Kazuya, what are you doin'? Be a man. Step up for yourself. I don't like the blonde girl. Like why would you ruin someone else's relationship when you've already broke up with him.

Am I misinterpreting or is the blonde kinda interested in Kazuya, or slightly jealous at the very least that he's found a girl prettier than her.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 10:04 AM

Dec 2016
spectrojan said:
Bro is there something wrong with me or is it ok that I don't find the mc nearly as hateable as other people seem to be saying. I thought he's ok, like he's a believably flawed character.

Same, like some aspects will be exaggerated to better fit the story, like why Chizuru just don't tell her grandma what they broke up it would also solve most of their problems.

Even more, as a fellow simp myself I can somewhat relate to him... and in real life he would definitely need therapy but oh well this is just a story. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Jun 2019
spectrojan said:
Pre_Yum said:

Am I misinterpreting or is the blonde kinda interested in Kazuya, or slightly jealous at the very least that he's found a girl prettier than her.

Idk man, but Like why would you even break up if you're into Kazuya in the first place. You may be right there she's jealous of Mizuhara.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

338 by santiagoasa »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

80 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:46 AM

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show?

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

49 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.