Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 7, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2020
my heart sank when momiji said no to akito, and then got hit. poor baby! HE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT

damn what an abusive & traumatic vacation trip..............

LOL @ haru pointing the sparklers at kyo

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Oct 7, 2020 10:03 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Now, I am sure, I hate Akito!!!! _(
Nov 13, 2020 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
So who's Ren? Another villain? ๐Ÿคฃ Aweeeeee my heart almost fell apart when Akito hit Momiji! It finally revealed that Akito is the head/ruler/similar to zodiac god. And I seriously admire Tohru's selflessness. I hope she will break the curse.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Dec 25, 2020 9:08 PM

Jun 2017
If Akito is the god, then I wonder who the dragon is? I had thought that Akito was the dragon, but I guess not. Also, I see everyone referring to Akito as a girl but I honestly thought they were a boy
Feb 24, 2021 6:30 PM

Feb 2021
Sorvarin said:
not sure if it intended to be that deep, but here is my 'psychological' take.. 'zodiac curse' may be transgenerational trauma and Akito being an ultimate Parent figure, mother+father. children perceive their parents as gods, to go against a parent is to go against God. and if your parents don't love you you end up hating yourself and believing you don't deserve love. so maybe it's all about something like that... Tohru being a catalyst as a figure capable of unconditional love (at least so is portrayed. in real life you can't think as little of yourself as Tohru does and be able to love unconditionally at the same time).
what is my main never-ending great dissatisfaction aside from 1000 others is that in real life it's not possible to 'save' anyone. it's each individual's job to save themselves and can't be done by another. and the desire to 'save' people also comes from self-hatred/codependency, especially at owns expense. so Tohru wanting to 'save' everyone even if it means she's gonna be harmed, is top tier codependency/low self-esteem. from what i've seen so far it'd be silly to hope that her desire is going to be shown in a different light

I been thinking the same for the longest time... like god being that old grandpa who is owner of a multinational thereford his ego is so big he manipulates everybody around him including his family for generations, and since he was money (aka power) people complay tp get some of that power too, even if that mean losing their freedom.
Also since they manipulate kids and from very young age brainshawed them they wont be anything in life withouth them , they are scare to leave.

I think this manga wants to portray toxic family dinamics and HOW EASY is to leave (break the curse) you just dontnhave to depend on that "figure " approval .

Well i think is that, cuz if is an anime about soemthing is is not working very well on it, they domt have superpowers, they dont have a huge lore of magical places to visit, is a slice of life with some school setting and toxic family, and a heqd wity god complex ... also lets ad that japanese and koreans that a huge """respect"""" for heriarchy.

Also the anime use something i notice right away, the neko figure is pretty much the scapegoat, in this toxic narcissit driven family dinamics they always need a scalegoat, to put all those negative emotions, feelings and actions, so they dont belong to them... why else they will be so cruel to the cat ??? Cuz they release tension cuz there is someone is a possition worse than them, someone to pity.

Also i try to understand touru role ??? The savior ? No one can save you if you dont work on that, she is such an unrealistic character, always smiling, im still wating for her breaking point, you know crying cuz she can not longer fake being that happy.... but no, she is JUST THAT NAIVE AND HAPPY
Noir_AlchemistFeb 24, 2021 6:36 PM
Feb 26, 2021 1:38 AM

Jun 2007
Noir_Alchemist said:
Also i try to understand touru role ??? The savior ? No one can save you if you dont work on that, she is such an unrealistic character, always smiling, im still wating for her breaking point, you know crying cuz she can not longer fake being that happy.... but no, she is JUST THAT NAIVE AND HAPPY

Yeah my biggest issue with furuba is that it perpetuates this highly harmful myth - that you can save people with your 'love', and that to 'love' is to sacrifice the self for the sake of others. -__-
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 26, 2021 12:45 PM

Feb 2021
Sorvarin said:
Noir_Alchemist said:

Yeah my biggest issue with furuba is that it perpetuates this highly harmful myth - that you can save people with your 'love', and that to 'love' is to sacrifice the self for the sake of others. -__-

Specially cuz that selfish love is taugh only to girls, to be in love with love ... even in shoujos (specially old) little girls aare taught to support their love ones in everything,pretty much do all the emotional baggage pf your partnert, which is fine if is reciprocate , but sadly is not... men are not told to be there until the broken woman with dark part and traumatic experiences glue all the pieces together. I would like to read the firts shoujo were the girl is the one with the trauma and being supported by ONCE... i havent find it tho, maybe is there, but i havent find it lol
Feb 27, 2021 12:27 AM

Jun 2007
Noir_Alchemist said:
Specially cuz that selfish love is taugh only to girls

Idk about shoujo mangas but irl this is not the case. I know a lot of instances where a man was "the fixer", I am a recovering one myself and that's thanks to my dad, who tried to save my mom, who was a broken woman with sad past.
And it's not fine to take on anyone's baggage no matter the circumstances, it's up to every person to "glue their pieces together".
Feb 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Feb 2021
Sorvarin said:
Noir_Alchemist said:
Specially cuz that selfish love is taugh only to girls

Idk about shoujo mangas but irl this is not the case. I know a lot of instances where a man was "the fixer", I am a recovering one myself and that's thanks to my dad, who tried to save my mom, who was a broken woman with sad past.
And it's not fine to take on anyone's baggage no matter the circumstances, it's up to every person to "glue their pieces together".

Well maybe is a country thing, you know that different cultures teach different "ways to be" to girls, i know you must understand that some countries are very culturally macho way, like mexico, thats why i said that so normal, like is an everyday thing... obviously i didnt mean that didnt happen to men, of course not, is like saying guys dont get abused by narcisist or hit my violent women... thats not respectful to victims (including men) i was just saying is MORE common behavior as taught by community/ social preasure to girl, not that was exclusive to that gender, we are all humans after all... also depends on the country, i know many girls that said that is non common in places like norway, neatherlands, that there is a very 50-50 thing.
Anyway what i want to said again, is that is a shoujo thing, many oldies suffe from that behavior of a girl saving a emotional unstable dude not ready fpr commintment ... bokura ga ita, other include violent guy, boy over flowers, and people LOVEEEEE that manga, i found it toxic, there is other i forgot the name, was about a guy who robbed a kiss by force and then treat said girl as a floor carpet, she evej decide to be nurse cuz he wanted to be doctor, he was so unabable and distant even verbally abusive ... those old shoujos teach girls that they duty is to be patient and fix those guys , my country telenovelas have similar format, i know that is for dramatic porpuses and make things spicy, but is toxic either way, nowdays shoujo is more healthy, and took a turn on the unrealistic side hahahaha magical boys who love girls so hard they wait to be choosen ( love triangles ) .

Omg im sorry for my rant , this was supposed to be about this specific shoujo, im still watching it, so until the moment im not 100% sure if toru has a personality besides being the savior , thats makes me uncomfortable.

I like better yuki, his character develpment is cheff kiss, he happen to find a support sytem (new friends and love his brother) in order to get rid of his trauma, he didnt choose toru, as in depend only on her... that was amazing !
Feb 28, 2021 12:37 AM

Jun 2007
Ok I get your point I see we actually not in a disagreement @Noir_Alchemist . Yes things are changing and it's good.
I have read manga till the end and wasn't impressed (and I think I didn't even add it to my list), maybe you will find something to enjoy.
Mar 6, 2021 11:26 AM

May 2016
Momiji ;-; Akito is so horrible. How could you hit a sweet lil kid like Momiji :( So Tooru wants to break the curse, if it's gonna save Kyou from being locked away for the rest of his life, it needs to happen T_T
Mar 22, 2021 11:15 AM

Jun 2019
Idc if Akito is a god. I would punch his face.
Apr 24, 2021 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
Idk what tohru will do to break the curse, but damn akito doesn't have to be a dic about it lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 12, 2021 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
So much of this is just about unchecked power. Akito calls herself their God - who appointed her to that position? There's a reference to the main estate and Akito placing herself above it: "Who are they to summon me? I'm the family head..." I assume at some point we're going to meet someone who is above Akito, or at least manages to make her flinch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 22, 2021 7:05 AM

Apr 2020
Fuck Akito.
That punch. That scratch.
I wanna kill her so bad.

I feel so pity for Momiji gdi
Aug 6, 2021 11:52 AM

Jul 2021
So Akito is God, but will we get more backstory for her/him as well. I didn't get the part where tooru was talking about bind. Momiji was brave to try and stop Akito.also in the end Yuki said he will give his seat to kyo, what was he implying
Sep 11, 2021 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
Thats it! Even if Akito is 'God', that damn piece of shit should keep those toxic claws away from Tohru's face

Sep 16, 2021 4:50 PM
Dec 2016
CatSoul said:
So much of this is just about unchecked power. Akito calls herself their God - who appointed her to that position? There's a reference to the main estate and Akito placing herself above it: "Who are they to summon me? I'm the family head..." I assume at some point we're going to meet someone who is above Akito, or at least manages to make her flinch.
no one appointed akito. It’s like the others being the animals. They were born that animal. Akito was born god.
Dec 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Dec 2007
damn this episode was tense, the whole meeting with tohru and akito, best episode so far, and they probably gonna keep getting better.

so akito is close to kami? somehow i get the feeling there's more to it, fruits basket so far doesn't fail me. season 2 is great.
Feb 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Nov 2015
NOT MOMIJI, NOT TOHRUUU!!! Though I knew they wouldn't erase Tohru's memories, I'm still glad it didn't happen. As for Akito, it was obvious at this point they aren't the rooster, but the Head of the zodiac. A VERY bad Head of the zodiac.

I remember Tohru wanting to break the curse, and as far I remember

I'm so glad I waited for the whole thing to be aired, now I can binge watch it!! But I think it's enough for today, I already watched all of the beach episodes, if they are back home in the next one, I'll quit for tonight :D
Nov 10, 2022 4:11 PM
Apr 2020
HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MOMIJI YOU DAMN AKITOOO! Momiji... my fav character T-T
May 9, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2023
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 AM
Sep 2023
SO GOOD I LOVE KYO.
Feb 16, 8:30 PM

Aug 2022
I was really hoping that Akito's influence was limited only to the Zodiac members, which made me feel somewhat reassured about Tohru's safety. But after this episode, oh my gosh!! My animosity towards him surged like Western fireworks!! How dare he scratch a girl's face and punch our dear Momiji too!? I just want to hug Momiji forever and cuddle him in his adorable bunny form ๐Ÿ˜.

I sincerely hope this ordeal inspires Tohru to become stronger and more determined, just like her best friends are. And that she figures out a way to break the curse. I'm so curious about the nature of this curse...but I'll be a good girl and wait patiently ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅฒ. I'm guessing it's something akin to Kyo's "other" transformation...maybe, as the cat, he's just more frequently subjected to it, hence the need to wear that bracelet all the time.

Tohru's reaction to the thought of Kyo being confined forever really made me pause and think...and I will say no more...for now! ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฐ
May 16, 6:39 AM

Apr 2017
Akito is a rather cruel god of the zodiac. Hitting two kids, and that's not even the worst of it (the years of emotional abuse say hello). Though Tohru being determined to break the curse is sweet.

Obviously, she's going to break it with love for the cat. The cat zodiac was always isolated and no one had ever accepted him, except for Tohru. Once they both confess their love, it'll break their curse.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.