Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 6, 2020 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
I...uh.

I don't know what I expected.
Apr 6, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
Well the girl is hot but that furry mascot monster design looks awful. Would have been cool if he transformed into something more traditional looking like a werewolf or something but oh well it has blackmail plot at least which I usually like in an anime/manga.
Apr 6, 2020 10:27 AM

Jul 2019
the protagonist is a possible rapist...wut? well at least the art looks nice ._.
Apr 6, 2020 11:02 AM

Mar 2018
Ahhh yes, Freddy Fazbear the anime. Looks pretty interesting from the start, seems like it might be a cool show.
Apr 6, 2020 11:07 AM

May 2017
well I like the first 11 minutes, since scane on the roof of the building makes me feel weird
Apr 6, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2018
it seemed extremely tedious some moments that I did not expect and I was shocked, the story seems to be collecting these coins that can give something and will have to fight with other monsters seems simple, but I feel that there is something behind, I hope my expectation be right.
Apr 6, 2020 2:20 PM
Feb 2020
Mixed feelings. Characters are trash. MC is a simp and the girl is a bitch. Also what is up with MC, he looks life he's gonna be registered for being a sex offender soon. Rest looks cool. The artsyle was great. Mediocre as of now but hope the series turn out better.
Callous_ZeroApr 7, 2020 2:47 PM
Apr 6, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Glad to see there's something to fill the "watch to laugh at" category after Darwin's Game.
Apr 6, 2020 4:45 PM

Oct 2019
There were so many ways to execute this idea, yet, they chose the path which would make the anime frankly shitty.

Why would you include ecchi? Seriously? There is no need for ecchi.
Apr 6, 2020 5:01 PM

May 2015
Seeing people complain about ecchi is just hilarious to me. xD

Apr 6, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2018
Okay this was a really messy episode, perhaps they threw way too fast the "we got a mc able to transform into a fat dog mascot" but still I cannot avoid talking about HOW FUCKING HOT THOSE GIRLS ARE, especially main girl obviously, I would have love some Sawashiro Miyuki on this show seeing how sexy gals we have, god bless this is ecchi.

Though can I have a hero with actual sex drive, he was aroused and almost went on the rape route but he's still blushing like a 7 years old while being 17 to 18, normally that wouldn't annoy me but I need some actions with those girls.

Oh yeah seems average edge anime but more appealing visually so I'mma keep an eye on it.
Apr 6, 2020 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Seeing people complain about ecchi is just hilarious to me. xD

IKR, especially when the anime is clearly tagged "ecchi".
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 6, 2020 6:04 PM

Nov 2016
Definetly a great start, seems interesting but the characters ehh, I'm guessing that they made them hard to like in purpose, but idk, I'll watch it.
Apr 6, 2020 6:06 PM

Nov 2014
1)Kaneki Voice got me
2)I hate the female protagonist
3)it vva all so sudden for him,poor guy
overall i think its pretty interesting , i ll definetly keep on vvatching this
Apr 6, 2020 6:45 PM

Mar 2014
They toned down some of the fanservice compared to the manga, but looks like a decent adaptation so far.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Aug 2018
That was a good start honestly speaking.

I like the OP and ED it really suits in the theme of the anime.

So this was about a beta boy who can turn into mascot and saved the hot girl that he almost fuck xD
then the hot girl blackmail the beta mc and teases him like a little boy invited him to her apartment to see her nude because its summer.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 6, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2020
This anime turns out pretty interestingly good, had zero idea whats its all about.

The animation +5, characters design were very appealing, them body shots ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Made by k3ti
Apr 6, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2018
Well I don't know where this is going but it looked great. Mix of horror/supernatural stuff with the transformation into a monster but also a decent amount of ecchi. Honestly I don't know if the next episodes will be highly censored in terms of violence but I hope it won't. The synopsis and my first impressions tend to let me think the show could become bloody and pretty mature but these are just hypothesis from now.

Wait & See !
Apr 6, 2020 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
for the people that are saying that this anime is weird or whatever. u have seen nothing yet. the manga is amazing, lots of character development, confusing shit, good story, etc... definetly watch it.
Apr 6, 2020 11:10 PM
Aug 2011
it's more unique than most but of course it had to have two of the most dumbfuck characters yet
Apr 6, 2020 11:20 PM
Mar 2018
the anime was a good the animation was amazing the va was good I loved both the OP and the ending a promising start of the anime and I hope the anime continue like that I'd give him give 7,4 /10 for this episode
Apr 7, 2020 12:05 AM
Mar 2020
Well, to be honest my expectations for this anime was really high. I don't feel that the story has been explained until now, but still it didn't betray expectations. This episode felt more of a prologue. So, desperately waiting for next episode.
Apr 7, 2020 12:33 AM
May 2019
Was really not expecting much when i chose to watch this, I was certainly pleasantly surprised upon enjoying the show. Creepy aesthetic and honestly some great music so far, the premise is definitely strange and not something I'd normally go for with the look of his "monster" form and also the fan service from the start. Liking the pace and the overall fresh/different feel. Gonna keep watching and hoping it keeps me as engaged!
Apr 7, 2020 2:09 AM
Nov 2019
Having read some of the Manga - the Fanservice has already been turned down in the Anime.

if adaptation is true to the Manga it could breach Funimations "acceptable standards policy".

Wonder how much they'll change/cut.

Apr 7, 2020 2:24 AM

Oct 2018
This anime is great! very nice adaptation, music, va, etc is amaxing. Idk why people compare this to darwins game, I've read those manga, and if i honestly rate darwins anime 3/10, i can give this 8/10
Apr 7, 2020 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
Aside from the echii which fantastic in this show (thank so much for that), I'll be honest maybe I was expecting more, maybe that's why I was a bit underwhelm but overall it's allright

7/10
RedChromeApr 7, 2020 4:34 AM
Apr 7, 2020 4:57 AM
Jun 2019
Gersen said:
It's always annoying when trash like this gets a well animated adaptation.
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
Apr 7, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2017
It's either the animation could have been done better, or I generally dislike this kind of sketchy art style. The running animation of Shuuichi in his monster form is really slow and rough, I ain't liking it.
Apr 7, 2020 7:17 AM

Dec 2017
This is a great start, but I'm afraid that this type of anime starts very well and ends very badly. Maybe not, i'm hope.
Apr 7, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2014
Really good production values, great animation, and awesome music. Plot seems interesting, though I hope it won't become a generic death game thing. Don't like gratuitous fan service but eh, it's an ecchi show so what else is there to expect? Female lead seems cool, male lead is meh.

4/5 pretty nice, will give it the typical 3 episode treatment.
Apr 7, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2015
nerd_64 said:
It's either the animation could have been done better, or I generally dislike this kind of sketchy art style. The running animation of Shuuichi in his monster form is really slow and rough, I ain't liking it.

You just don't like the style then, because there was nothing wrong with the animation in this episode. In fact, it's actually the opposite. This was arguably the most well-animated episode of the season so far.
TsukuyomiREKTApr 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 7, 2020 10:04 AM
Mar 2015
Shunichi is the monster in spite of himself who has to improvise on the fly
Apr 7, 2020 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
Better than I had expected. Ugly visual of the monster (stuffed animal) was the one thing I did not like then I found out about this show. Description seemed "okay".

Now after episode 1 I can say: I like the girl. (She made me horny.) Like her personality and she is sexy. If they keep this up with her being "dominant" towards the boy ... I might enjoy the anime.

Also there is room for background. (We don't really know why the girl wanted to kill herself and about her relationship with the monsters ... she seeme dto know stuff. Also how did the boy get his abilities?)
Apr 7, 2020 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
God first episode. Claire is going to be an interesting protagonist :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 7, 2020 2:17 PM
Dec 2017
I hate the wimpy protagonist and the way he gets bossed around by those around him as well as that girl.
That and the uninteresting fan-service mean that this anime was not impressive.
However my impression of the quality of this anime is not relevant. As much as I seriously disliked some of the aspects of the first episode, I will continue to watch since the idea of people that turn into monstrous beings is interesting. The pacing and soundtrack I noticed were quite good. I enjoyed the first episode more than I disliked it. Though I do hope it improves further on
Apr 7, 2020 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome start. Not seen this much panty action in months!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 7, 2020 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
Boy, there sure have been some terrible shows this season.
Apr 7, 2020 5:32 PM
Jun 2017
Terrible.

Why are so many people praising something like this...
Apr 8, 2020 12:12 AM

May 2019
Callous_Zero said:
Mixed feelings. Characters are trash. MC is a simp and the girl is a bitch. Also what is up with MC, he looks life he's gonna be registered for being a sex offender soon. Rest looks cool. The artsyle was great. Mediocre as of now but hope the series turn out better.

lmao, you've got that spot on, and in my opinion I think thats what makes this show entertaining.

Apr 8, 2020 1:13 AM

Jan 2010
Love it, especially the colors and the art style. I def want a plush monster doll, it's so cute! MC is kinda weak though so I hope they keep up the ecchi to make it fun - the whole thing with the smell was pretty interesting.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 8, 2020 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
Really good character designs and animations, still getting a feel for the plot, just hope it doesn't descend to the usual death game cause literally no one knows how to do that right.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 8, 2020 4:52 AM

May 2011
"Well animated.. Decent adaptation.. Edgy.. Annoying character.. Absurd ecchi.. Illogical.. Unnecessary ecchi..".. Well, no problem, i'm still enjoying it...

This anime reminds me of mirai nikki or btooom!, i hope this one is better than those...

MC is pathetic? Yes.. Pathetic MC is the most usual things for an ecchi anime, ngl...

Found it absurd in the fire scene, but, oh well.. At least it covered by Kurea's... ...

Well, that was the opinion for the 1st episode.. Hope the next episode will be better than now...

btw, Kurea's face have freckles, kinda like it...

Apr 8, 2020 6:18 AM
Nov 2019
For anyone who cares - the person who appears on the balcony after the coin...

Is searching for coins under the bridge, then sees her show him the coin and follows them....

In the translated manga I found she accuses him of attempting to rape her when they're talking on the roof not "violating", there are a few other subtle changes even in ep.1.

If it follows what I've read so far I suspect funimation will be censoring this and rewording some dialogue.

Is there something significant about claire's smell that seems to attract him so much. There are other girls has interested in...
Apr 8, 2020 7:24 AM

Oct 2019
I like the show but the protagonist is so pathetic.
Apr 8, 2020 9:24 AM
Mar 2019
I don't like this weird middle ground the narrative starts off with. We don't get to see MC before he gets his powers, but its also early enough in his own understanding of his powers where he doesn't exactly know what is happening to him and why its happening to him in the first place. The narrative opens in this strange, unnatural way of storytelling.
i was intrigued by the ridiculous monster design from the promotional art but MC is far too annoying and I'm not sure if I will continue this much longer. Might give one or two more episodes a try.
I really liked the music though
Apr 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2013
Hate spineless, sissy MC's like this guy...and he'll end up being the most op monster anyways, i suppose...
Apr 8, 2020 12:30 PM
Nov 2016
Ugh, of course the wuss has Dekus voice.
Apr 8, 2020 1:44 PM

Nov 2018
Animation quality was kinda bad... and the pacing seems pretty rushed.. Like, VERY RUSHED.
Apr 8, 2020 1:45 PM

Feb 2020
Nemo_Niemand said:
That was really cringy. Everything looks so lame, illogical and poorly done. Seems like they only wanted to show us some pants, tits and edginess without worrying about any consistence.
One example: fire episode.
That's how you save someone from the fire. You walk in VERY SLOWLY. SLOWLY inspect the person. Just stand there and leisurely think about this and that. Think about some philosophical questions as well. When you've done, SLOWLY take the person from the blazing building. And then just leave her on the ground close to the fire, without checking her condition or calling an ambulance or just taking her away, and peacefully leave, letting her suffocate in smoke or burn in spreading fire.
Even if it is positioning itself as ecchi, the level of imbecility is unreasonable.
Well, ecchi-tards won't even notice anything wrong as their only goal is drooling over some panty shots and tit bulging
you have sure earned my respect lmao

Apr 8, 2020 1:51 PM

Jun 2019
Good adaptation.. keep going in this way, please!
I like the plot, I don't really like the start of Gleipnir, but the best character is yet to come..

*for the people who wonder why he broke the wall to save Aoki: the entrance was engulfed in flames and only he thanks to his power could pass from there.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.