Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 4, 2020 4:49 PM
Apr 2018
Ughhhhh, this finale was worse than second season's; the match has already started!

Anyway, ok season. It had its moments
Apr 4, 2020 4:56 PM

Sep 2013
I can't wait to watch this upcoming match! Sucks I have to wait a few months, though. They're really hyping the setter up, claiming he's the best, I'm excitef to see what he can do.
Apr 4, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2009
Raon said:
Like Miya Atsuma is new Oikawa Tooru.

They are nothing alike beyond sharing some personality traits, whom he also shares with Kageyama when he's in king/dick mode. In fact he's a more popular and adjusted Kageyama more than anything.

To begin with, Atsumo doesn't have an inferior complex, which defined a lot of Oikawa's interactions with Kageyama.

Apr 4, 2020 6:32 PM

Jan 2020
Man this Miya's team is something, this gonna be tough one for Karasuno can't wait for the nxt 2months and see how it goes...

Made by k3ti
Apr 4, 2020 7:28 PM

Oct 2019
The Inarizaki High fans were so obnoxious!!! I can't believe they would be so unsportsmanlike as to boo of the other team like that... hated them

Tanaka was so cute as a child and mad respect to him for being a stand-up guy for the tall girl who was having a hard time

I'm really looking forward to the next season :)
Apr 5, 2020 12:00 AM

Feb 2014
Hakaishin22 said:
Raon said:

It's kageyama vs a really strong setter, and then Hinata vs some really strong guy previewed from the start but not shown until later.

Miya Atsumu make his teammate better than they are, and he's like an idol, and he has a really strong serve, don't know about you but that remind me a lot of Oikawa.
Hoshiumi is really good at everything. And Hinata kind of pick a fight with him, just like with Ushiwaka.

They could have introduced strong players but differently.

Yes, Atsumu has some similarities to Oikawa. But you'll see that he's a great character of his own. He is the number 1 high school Setter, so of course he is going to have a rivalry with Kageyama. These are the kinds of players he will have to contest with now. He's just that good. What you're critizing here are basic concepts of the series. I don't really get your point. A sports series needs rivalries. And of course players are going to have rivalries with players similar to them.

Same for Hoshiumi. He is a completely different player and person than Ushiwaka. And Hinata didn't pick a fight with him btw. He admires him greatly because he showed him how great of a player someone as short him can become. But when two players this short meet, there's going to be some kind of competitive spirit. These two rivalries are different than the ones between Kageyama and Oikawa and between Hinata and Ushiwaka and you'll see that soon enough.

Jin_uzuki said:
Raon said:
Like Miya Atsuma is new Oikawa Tooru.

They are nothing alike beyond sharing some personality traits, whom he also shares with Kageyama when he's in king/dick mode. In fact he's a more popular and adjusted Kageyama more than anything.

To begin with, Atsumo doesn't have an inferior complex, which defined a lot of Oikawa's interactions with Kageyama.

Maybe their playstyle and character are different. But for now I can't help but notice that the way Miya and Hoshiumi are introduced is really similar to Oikawa and Ushiwaka.
Apr 5, 2020 1:55 AM
Apr 2019
Training season lmao..

I want to give it 5 but that childhood friend is cute... although theres no point to set up misunderstanding ffs, just making it wholesome.. dumb shit.

6/10
Apr 5, 2020 6:48 AM

Oct 2019
ugh, i get so frustrated by such lack of sportsmanship from that opposing teams cheer squad (army (?)). It's not even real and i'm not playing, and yet. ARGH! i feel frustrated xd.

i hope this is like the second season and this second part is all game.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 5, 2020 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Director: shows hinata as a balboy for like 5 episodes but cuts the season in half during a match against the #2 lmao. sorry but that's lame, this season/part whatever was painful to watch, especially the first episodes.
Apr 5, 2020 8:38 PM

Dec 2019
SlashBlack said:
Director: shows hinata as a balboy for like 5 episodes but cuts the season in half during a match against the #2 lmao. sorry but that's lame, this season/part whatever was painful to watch, especially the first episodes.

Lmaoo so true what i had in mind you said it, and the animation went from 8 to 4 worst season i gave it a generous 7 even tho i shoulda rated it 5
                                                         🖤   

Apr 5, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2020
This season was a borefest. 3-4 years wait just so they can give us a whole season about training and then cut it to 2 parts.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 6, 2020 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
Great last episode, should've been the first episode of the next season, slightly underwhelming season overall, a training arc and first match of the tournament, not much to go on. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2020 12:22 AM

Oct 2009
Man..July can't come fast enough!

8/10
Apr 7, 2020 5:38 AM
Oct 2019
The introduction of Inarizaki's boys really hyped me!! I need July to come soon, I feel the next part of the season it will be great!

I didn't enjoy this first part as the previous seasons of the anime - especially the third, which was my favorite - but in the last episodes it really brought back the powerful, exciting atmosphere of the past.
I also, eventually, got used to the new artstyle - took me a while...
I give 8/10 to this part of the season because I know they could have done a better animation for the first episodes, but the story is very good as always, so I'm waiting for big Things to come ❤️❤️
We'll see
Apr 7, 2020 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I just love Hinata and his comedic timing!!!!!! I CANNOT wait for the next season, this show is too good!
Apr 8, 2020 8:00 AM

Jan 2010
Kageyama calling Hinata tangerine was so cute ngl and I was shook with the twin reveal. Ugh I wish they didn’t split this season bc cutting the game like that was just brutal. The studio executed the training/development part well so I have no complaints. Took me a little bit to get used to the new character designs but it don’t even look bad, y’all complaining are just extra. Besides, kageyama’s design def improved and I’m here for that. This wait is going to be painful ugh
Apr 8, 2020 2:17 PM

Apr 2016
It’s not as good as the previous series but I hope the next one we’ll be better. Let’s see.
Apr 9, 2020 1:44 PM
Mar 2016
Man, that last episode was such a mean tease. 10 Episode of Just training and 15 mins of match is not something i was expecting. June is so far away!
Apr 10, 2020 5:37 AM

Sep 2018
Author's favorite character must be Tanaka! She give him 2 pretty girls! I like Tanaka x Kanoka though.. they're cute!! I don't know why it became XXXX at the end :(

Atsumu is soooooo cool!!!! I can't wait for the part 2!
Apr 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Mar 2010
WTF RYUU?

Damn, watching pre-tournament always makes me nervous. How tf did Hinata didn't feel anything at all. XD

Fuck, I love this anime. I thought final episode is going to be a long filler until the beginning of their fight. But they actually start it at the final episode THE MADMAN.

Darn, seeing Hinata's jump gives me adrenaline. Fucking hell, why did they do this at the final episode. Too bad Hinata fail that spike. XD
Apr 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Can't wait for the next season!

7/10

Apr 11, 2020 9:05 PM
Jul 2014
TINY TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UWUWUWUWWUUWUWUWUUWUWU
he's so adorable and cute and the goodest boy ;__;
that girl has TASTE
GO FOR IT TANAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ofc they're up against the second best team ughhh
KARASUNO FIGHTING!!!!

TANAKA YOU IDIOT T_T
im glad kanoka seems like a cheerful, strong, and nice girl who can pick herself up and do what she has to do ('^')b

HE'S A TWIN??????????!!!!!!!!!!! wow osamu and atsumu
i'm now more worried because they didnt see the other twin play and they probably are so in tune with each other since they are twin brothers

HINATA BOKE HINATA AHO HINATA BAKA!!! HOW DO YOU FORGET TO HIT THE BALL SJGDHGLKSDJFSKFJ
how could they end this season with THAT????? why would they do that to us TT^TT NOOOOO
Apr 11, 2020 11:09 PM
Feb 2016
Good season...well when you watch both season diamond no ace you'll see sports show pattern tbh, and that romance pretty wasted lmao.. looking forward next season
Apr 12, 2020 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode but that ending, that ending! Such cliffhanger! I am awaiting for the next season. Btw, they look nice in orange. Cute oranges haha.

And I wish Tanaka would have more courage to express his feelings. He deserves a nice girl. All Karasuno deserve some love but they are too focused on the game. They should since they are facing such a powerhouse.
Apr 13, 2020 10:32 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, that jump was super but lol, he forgot to hit.
Now we have to wait.
Apr 14, 2020 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Tanaka friendzoned himself...

Hinata getting excited about facing both top teams was amazing. He and Kageyama are hilariously confident.

At first I was really confused why Hinata didn't hit the ball. That part had me in tears lol

I'm really looking forward to seeing this match when the next part of the season returns.
Apr 21, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2010
I just love it when anime characters speak in Kansai dialect!

A great season overall, can't wait for the next one.
Apr 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
Hinata is definitely trying out his jump that we missed out on a few episodes ago when he was told to go home. (Training at school with Kageyama)
I can't believe their fans were actually booing just to get an advantage, kinda silly to try to win like that.

Looking forward to the second half of this season, "only" 2 and a half months left.

This season didn't get me as pumped as other seasons but I really enjoyed seeing Hinata's improvements, learning new stuff from just being a ball boy.
PrOxAntoApr 22, 2020 6:13 PM
May 2, 2020 5:51 AM
Sep 2018
Hopefully it dosen't get delayed like the other anime
May 2, 2020 9:21 PM
Dec 2017
Does anyone know which part of the manga they left off? I wanna start reading it from there. Thanks is advance!
May 8, 2020 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
That cliffhanger tho.. Can't wait for Part 2, hope it doesn't get delayed
May 9, 2020 7:41 PM
Jan 2014
Wait, it ended here? what the hell, I had no idea lmao
May 22, 2020 3:59 PM

Feb 2011
Hatsuyuki said:
Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer. Please don't get delayed from Summer.

Yeeeaaahhhhh.... I hate my life.
May 31, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Man it should be illegal to end the season this way. Should've ended in episode 12. Goddamn cliffhanger. And now because of the lockdowns this should would probably suffer some setbacks too!

Jun 9, 2020 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Hinata forgetting to spike after making that sick jump was the highlight of the episode.
Gotta admit, the enemy setter silencing the marching band really was cool, although allowing a whole band up there and booing during an official match like this seems like a really shitty thing to do.

I agree with most people that this season was indeed a bit disappointing. I don't have problem with character development and traning arcs (I loved the previous one with Nekomata, Bokuto's team and so on), but those only feel meaningful if they actually do learn new skills. I feel like apart from Hinata being more aware of his surrounding and jumping higher once, we didn't really need all that... Kageyama's little arc went nowhere, and just felt like a retread of his old stuff. His camp was just there to show the new rivals. At least Hinata's went somewhere.
I'm not sure I'm happy with with the animation changes either. I get that it tries to resemble the manga style more (which I think already looks bad, but maybe that's just me), but I much prefered characters and emotions looking more realistic, compared to what we saw now. Still, it's fine in the most important moments, so I guess we'll just have to live with that.

I'm gonna have to give this an 8/10, compared to the 9s of the previous seasons, cause I still enjoyed it a lot, but it felt a bit lackluster. Hopefully the next one will make up for it since most of it is going to be this match or maybe another one I guess.
Jun 10, 2020 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
The first 5 episodes are tedious to watch to be honest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2018
Rofl Hinata forgot to hit the ball xD

C'mon Tanaka just ask Kanoka out already
Jun 24, 2020 6:51 PM
Jun 2020
Finally, I'll be able to watch the match between Atsumu and Kageyama. Ever since the All-Japan training, I feel that he is a potential villain who will rain on everyone's parade, not to mention his unceremonious comment to Kageyama about being a goody-two-shoes.

It only sucks that it's open-ended. HAHA. I'll be back for more though.
Jul 7, 2020 7:36 PM
May 2020
I am worried... the chances that our guys have against this #2 Team in the country do not look good. And, since this show is shooting for realism, I can't help thinking they are going to lose--not by a large margin, but come on, they are the underdogs.
Jul 7, 2020 7:38 PM
May 2020
SirGustav said:
Wait, it ended here? what the hell, I had no idea lmao

GUYS, there is a Pandemic going on. EVERYONE in this industry had to pause the production of their anime to some degree or another. THINK!
Aug 14, 2020 7:23 PM

Feb 2018
Ryousuke is fired up and really lucky with that girl.
And all of the team is fired up even the cheers with that high quality marching band stuff on the Iranarizaki.
Surely that team rival's or even greater than Shiratorizawa as an elite team.
Great season even though the animation is kinda lame sometimes.
Sep 1, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
I find him cute Kanoka with Ryūnosuke. On the other hand, this CRAZY cliffhanger for the second part of Haikyū To the Top!
ElyshionSep 1, 2020 3:25 PM
Sep 3, 2020 4:28 AM
Jul 2019
Ryu really just cockblocked himself T_T.
Great season, can't wait for the next one!
Sep 7, 2020 11:59 PM

Jun 2020

LOL HINATA?????????? he dead ass forgot to spike LOOOOL

the end was awkward. shoulda ended before the match. not much hype but damn that shot!

that scene tho when atsumu was "conducting" the crowd from the court

shinsuke is as much of a looker as the twins on his team *_____*

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 16, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
Weird ending hmm

I can't believe Hinata forgot to hit the ball XD His jump was extra awesome though.

The Miya Brothers are intimidating. Looking forward to seeing more of them next season.
Sep 22, 2020 6:37 PM

Aug 2020
Not sure how I feel about their opposing team. The fans seem terrible which I guess is out of their control. Not sure how I'm feeling about the new jerseys either but seeing Nishinoya in the black one is cute. Probably not my favorite season so far but I still enjoyed it.

Sep 28, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2019
Decent "first half of a season", lack of important matches hurts it a lot though, and it feels like it was just one long ass of a prologue to the upcoming match, though I'm definitely hyped for it.

Second half of this season has all the potential to be fantastic. Let's wait and see.

Just hope it won't end up like Slam Dunk when they defeated the best team in the nationals in second season then got destroyed in third match due to exhaustion and fatigue.

As for rating this, I'll give it 7/10.
Oct 12, 2020 6:22 AM
Oct 2020
Yoo why are they cutting costs on serve animation. I was sooooo excited to see what kind of animation atsumu's serve will get but i was left disappointed... not just serve animation small things like the moment of contact during spiking or blocking arent shown either. These may be small things but i and i think most of you guys were looking forward to it as well
Oct 16, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2015
Re-watched the ep before starting the new season and loved it just as much.

Inarizaki's fans were just as annoying & disgusting with their actions, really, that should be outlawed. Is it allowed in reality?

And Hinata got so excited about his jump that he forgot to hit the ball XD
Honestly, he gets me laughing every time XDXDXD
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2020

90 by iamsnakeuu »»
Today, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

102 by iamsnakeuu »»
Yesterday, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

119 by iamsnakeuu »»
Yesterday, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

161 by iamsnakeuu »»
Yesterday, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.