Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2019 1:50 PM
Dec 2017
Low_res_Hibiki said:
This was pretty good, I thought we werent going to get any nice looking fights thanks to JC staff but the Genos vs Sonic fight was pretty nice, the only thing I didnt like was when saitama and fubuki where commenting about the fight and it was just them over a white background.

Also Ive seen a lot of people say that Garou is the best shonen villain that has ever existed and that he is really well written, but so far he seems like a generic bad guy that simply wants to fight strong foes, though we are just 2 episodes in so I suppose theres still more to his character.
lol it’s probably because they literally cut his whole backstory out and rushed the whole episode. He is a great villain with relatable morals but JC apparently didn’t want to display his backstory
Apr 16, 2019 1:53 PM
Dec 2015
I like the adaptation of this episode but they skipped the garou past.
Apr 16, 2019 1:54 PM
Feb 2017
I don't really care about the animation. It's just been very boring so far.

There are some good moments but overall, everything feels very monotonous. It lacks impact, fluidity...
The voice actors sound depressed, the face expressions are non existent, the ost is lacking, the plot isn't hyping me so far.
Maybe I changed but it feels like the comedy just isn't there anymore? Timings are off, they change scene way too fast for no reason, the rythm feels odd...

I can't exactly pinpoint what feels wrong with this anime but something's weird
Apr 16, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2017
I had a sudden epiphany watching this episode: I think the new staff is trying to compensate for the budget/scheduling/whatever issues by turning this season into Jojo's. Like, most of the fights are highly expressive posing over fluid action, the colors change at random to highlight the surreal emotions of the scene, even the sound design on the impact of some blows feels straight ripped from some of the recent Stand powers in Golden Wind. If nothing else, I give them credit for attempting a unique solution to their predicament. Not sure if it really works as well as it needs to, though.
Apr 16, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
I'm getting a lot of vibes of Tokyo Ghoul Re: Second Season every time I checked the episode discussions for that series. It feels almost eerily similar with the usual comments about the weak directing, animation and pacing.

For me, I enjoyed this episode more than the first one, but the difference between the quality of this season so far compared to the first season is obvious. In it's defence, there was certain parts of the fight between Genos and Sonic that was animated nicely, but other parts relied too much on still shots, which did weaken the feel of the fight overall.

One part that this episode still does well is the comedy and I still got some good chuckles here and there. =)

But to be honest, like with Tokyo Ghoul Re, I'm expecting every episode discussion will be filled with the same negative responses all the way towards the end of the season. As I said before, J.C. Staff's reputation has been on the slide recently and this is only going to get worse for them if this keeps up.
Apr 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Sep 2016
We are in the darkest timeline.

Murata's art is so good that it's easy to imagine what this episode could have looked like with better animation, but J.C.Staff fails to deliver. Saitama's sidestep went way too quickly and most of the fights are still images. Even the voice actors feel less enthusiastic this season and Garou's voice is way too plain and monotonous. It works for a character like Sakamoto (in Sakamoto Desu ga?), but it's just nog a good pick for Garou imo.

I really hope it gets better.
Apr 16, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2018
Ok, now i’m really surprised. Don’t know what to think about this episode at all... Last episode was okay with the interaction of characters and was pretty boring in the fights. Now this episode send me the completely opposite vibe.

To be more clear let me separate the episode in two from what I like to what I disliked.

What I liked: Fubuki was well animated and the colours of her character worked with the environment. Genos and Super Sonic fight was enjoyable even if it was not the type of fight you would expect to see in a OPM anime adaptation. And that’s it seriously, not a lot of things to enjoy...

What I disliked : Garou introduction/fight was so flat, we didn’t see any of the action just the aftermath, a lot of still shots and basically everything to make the whole scene worthless ( I doesn’t makes me feel like Garou is that big of a threat ). The conversation between Saitama and Fubuki was full of unnecessary camera change that gave us amazing view of Saitama’s ear and the alarm clock of is apartment for like almost one minute. Finally to my big surprise the thing that was the worst in this episode was...Saitama. What happened to my boy ? Did he lost is image resolution on top of his hair ? The show is called One “Punch” Man and they don’t even get the time to animate his punches. No seriously what happened. From the colours, to the animation, to the voice acting, every scene with Saitama feel’s out of place. When I was watching the scene where Saitama was talking/ fighting with Fubuki I thought that I was watching a bad edit of two anime put together. Yeah that was weird...

So that’s it, I seriously think that the studio wasn’t ready to make the project, they started too early and stuck themselves in a situation they can’t get out of. And right they decided to put their energy elsewhere.
HitorikiApr 16, 2019 2:08 PM
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
Apr 16, 2019 2:09 PM

Feb 2018
Greenlandball said:
50% of the comments are still talking about One Punch Man being bad, there's nothing wrong with the anime seriously, it's so fucking good, i don't see any problems with it, why is everyone still nitpicking? just be happy it got a second season, there are lots of animes that don't even get a second season or do you guys want this to get cancelled cause of your stupid ranting

can't wait for the next episode, love the comedy in this anime

I would prefer nothing over this season tbh, cuz then there would at least be the chance of a decent season. And if you don't see any problems with the animation, shading, editing, voice acting, pacing, and the art, then nobody can help you anymore.
And what does other anime not getting a second season have to do with this ?
Should we just accept whatever we get, without critizising it at all ?
Apr 16, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2016
asdqua said:
Saitama's voice acting who suddenly has no other tone unlike season 1.

Gamesaucer said:
I have to say though, they ruined Saitama's voice. I found myself wondering multiple times whether they changed his VA because it just sounded to out of character and boring when compared to, for example, him gaming with King in episode 1. He's just a robot this episode and it's jarring. Like, I understand that he's supposed to be somewhat monotonous but they really dialled that up to 11 here and instead of making him sound bored/unimpressed/whatever it's just like he's incapable of changing his tone even slightly whatsoever. It doesn't mesh with his facial expressions and makes his performance sound off.

This.
Both Saitama and Garou felt really monotonous. Fubuki, Genos, Sonic, King and Sweet Mask on the other hand are all great.
Apr 16, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2018
AnimeBW said:
I had a sudden epiphany watching this episode: I think the new staff is trying to compensate for the budget/scheduling/whatever issues by turning this season into Jojo's.

Yeah, this seems to be (at least a little bit) what's happening. But I think it's a little more generic. I haven't noticed all of the things you've mentioned, so to me it just seems like they're trying to save time and money by minimising what needs to actually be animated.

Overall, I don't think it's very successful. Most of the shots seem to be close-ups which, in my opinion, doesn't really work well for establishing poses or giving us a good mental image of what's going on. Also, Jojo doesn't really have the kinds of high-octane fights that OPM has. There's always a bunch of dialogue going on in Jojo, and there isn't here, so just using poses even in the middle of fights doesn't really work that well here. Moreover, Jojo has very crisp art that makes it nice to look at its poses, whereas OPMs current art style just isn't that pretty or crisp, meaning it's just kind of boring. Though this episode there have been a couple moments where it looks decent.
Apr 16, 2019 2:12 PM

Feb 2018
ProofByColor said:
Holy fuck the manga elitists in this thread. Like yeah it doesn't look nearly as good as before but jesus christ...

Even tho the fights were not as hype due to the quality it was still pretty good. It was pretty funny how Fubuki is going on about all these strong as heroes that Saitama will never beat and then King just shows up. It would be cool if she "joined the team" as she mentioned, but idk how Saitama will feel about that. Either way, maybe she will leave B class.

I didn't know that critizising something makes you an elitist.
You even acknowledge that the awful production reduced your "hype" so this seems ridiculous to me.
Apr 16, 2019 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
Although I've read the manga, I barely remember anything. I just know that I wasn't a big fan of it. That said, I'm surprsingly enjoying it a lot right now.

Garos introduction was hype and the other fights were quite nice as well. Furthemore, many amusing moments, especially with Fubuki.

Good episode overall, I really like where this going.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2019 2:14 PM

Feb 2018
hakaihisaki said:
The animation is not that bad...
I mean, it's a huge downgrade from season 1 (why the hell didn't madhouse continue with season 2?!), but if you compare it with your average anime, the animation is ok.
And about Garou backstory - they might do it later on. It's not unheard of to change the place in the show they insert the backstory.
All in all, decent episode, but not great.

Not even in comparison to your average action anime from today, does opm s2 look good.
And the few good bits of animation for example from the G4 fight, are being overshadowed by the terrible editing, and the horrendous effects.
Apr 16, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
It's fascinating to think that Mob Psycho s2 is one of the best looking shows this decade, then you get OPM s2 the very next season and it ticks every box of "what not to do in an animation 101".
JustMonakaApr 16, 2019 2:30 PM
Apr 16, 2019 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, what a crazy amount of increase towards the amount of stills compared to the previous episode. Knew it was going to drop in quality over the course of a couple episodes but this is way more than just drop, it plummeted.

Well at least the side step and King appearing scenes were still funny.
Apr 16, 2019 2:18 PM
Jan 2019
I must admit that I feel very disappointed but I'm not blaming J.C.Staff for working on the show they were offered money on the table and they took it.

I'm looking at the producers of the show (Bandai Visual) since they get to choose the studio. Now either they couldn't find other studios (which is hard to believe) to work on the show or they simply thought that they are going to make money no matter what.
Apr 16, 2019 2:20 PM
Mar 2018
OG_Guts said:
Saitama attacked Sonic with his afterimage but it was poorly animated. Sonic says "he defeated me with shockwaves" but it didn't really show any attack, just Saitama’s special move and then it jump cuts to Sonic laying defeated.

The manga didn't show that either, so as much as I don't like the adaptation and wish they could have just animated this properly, I don't think this is their fault, and it's more of a misunderstanding. All Saitama is doing is sidestepping really quickly, and the shockwave knocked Sonic off his feet as he dashed past. There was no attack.
Apr 16, 2019 2:21 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was fun, an improvement from last week, some fun action (yes we know it's not season one) As a non manga I reader, I wonder if Mumen Rider will put an appearance this season, here's hoping.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 16, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Greenlandball said:
50% of the comments are still talking about One Punch Man being bad, there's nothing wrong with the anime seriously, it's so fucking good, i don't see any problems with it, why is everyone still nitpicking? just be happy it got a second season, there are lots of animes that don't even get a second season or do you guys want this to get cancelled cause of your stupid ranting

can't wait for the next episode, love the comedy in this anime

I would prefer nothing over this season tbh, cuz then there would at least be the chance of a decent season. And if you don't see any problems with the animation, shading, editing, voice acting, pacing, and the art, then nobody can help you anymore.
dude, I said that already in some of my comments, yea the opening animation is bad, Bomb and Bang looks shit, the animation for it looks bad, it's like it's done with Microsoft Paint, other than the opening I guess the coloring and the shading are bad, I've said that so many times and I don't like repeating it over and over again but you wouldn't really notice all of those problems not unless you're just literally watching it just to look for the mistakes, this episode is actually better than the first one, the quality has gone up compared to the first episode where it had lots of really bad animation problems you can see but it doesn't look that bad at all, it looks like a regular anime to me, this is nothing compared to the others that I've seen already, some animes are just really bad that you'll drop it after seeing a few minutes of it but I managed to watch all of it no matter how bad those animes were, this anime isn't even that bad and yet most of you people are still nitpicking it
Apr 16, 2019 2:26 PM
Feb 2016
OMG what is it with all these still frames and low quality fights? I was excited during these chapters when reading them, but the action here just sucks. It got worse than the first episode. Not only that, but the sound distorted noise during the fights is getting annoying.

The fights are very average, not totally ass but very average. I'm already worrying for next week and the future episodes

2/5
Apr 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Sep 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
ProofByColor said:
Holy fuck the manga elitists in this thread. Like yeah it doesn't look nearly as good as before but jesus christ...

Even tho the fights were not as hype due to the quality it was still pretty good. It was pretty funny how Fubuki is going on about all these strong as heroes that Saitama will never beat and then King just shows up. It would be cool if she "joined the team" as she mentioned, but idk how Saitama will feel about that. Either way, maybe she will leave B class.

You even acknowledge that the awful production reduced your "hype" so this seems ridiculous to me.

It is unfortunate that you cannot see the different between my "hype" comment and what has been said in this thread. Nor understand how obnoxious it is (and kinda hilarious from my perspective) to change ones signature to specifically bash this adaption.
Apr 16, 2019 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
Still not a single good sakuga moment.
There's no hope, every single fight will be butchered.

At least the dialog from the source material still remains funny (even if the execution could be better). Did they change Saitama's VA?
Apr 16, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
That was a hilarious episode and there was a nod to the first season with Saitama's side jumping (those qualifiers were funny); obviously, there remains some issues with the animation that can be overlooked. So, great episode.
Hey, we got OPM's Tsukiyama (Tokyo ghoul), good touch... God dammit though, Garou is a beast, taking out the blue fire dude (yeh. I know. Seems like such a side character so I didn't learn his name); but wait, was the guy doing hand signs or something -those gestures were a bit odd.

Cant wair for next week.
Apr 16, 2019 2:46 PM
Dec 2017
I think that people are to harsh on the animation, it was better than the avarage tv-anime and if I compare it to the teaser trailer then I am happily suprised, the jokes are funny and the pacing is good enough

I havent read the manga so I can not compare but so far this series is looking good and I cant wait for more.
Apr 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Jan 2019
Denci said:
Daphi said:
can someone explain to me why madhouse didn't do season 2?
im confused why a different studio took up OPM
its a fucking insult

Because the director of Season 1, Natsume Shingo and his team are busy with other projects this year. I am guessing Natsume could have been free to make season 2 next year, but then the producers most likely were like it needs to come out this year, hence the change in staff and studio.

makes sense but OPM Season 1 was released 4 years ago, its mind buggling they aren't placing a priority on that Show
Apr 16, 2019 2:48 PM

Feb 2018
Greenlandball said:
xShinigami3125 said:

dude, I said that already in some of my comments, yea the opening animation is bad, Bomb and Bang looks shit, the animation for it looks bad, it's like it's done with Microsoft Paint, other than the opening I guess the coloring and the shading are bad, I've said that so many times and I don't like repeating it over and over again but you wouldn't really notice all of those problems not unless you're just literally watching it just to look for the mistakes, this episode is actually better than the first one, the quality has gone up compared to the first episode where it had lots of really bad animation problems you can see but it doesn't look that bad at all, it looks like a regular anime to me, this is nothing compared to the others that I've seen already, some animes are just really bad that you'll drop it after seeing a few minutes of it but I managed to watch all of it no matter how bad those animes were, this anime isn't even that bad and yet most of you people are still nitpicking it

All the problems you yourself mentioned are quite big, so i find it quite bewildering that you still call it nitpicking when people point them out. And maybe that's because I am a huge fan of the manga and webcomic, and have reread both many times, but I instantly noticed those things without having to look for any of them.
Apr 16, 2019 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
Holy fuck all these people who come just to complain about something everyone already knows about. I've never seen so much fucking whiny babies before...it's actually baffling. Go fuck off somewhere else and drop the anime if you're just here for the animation because nobody is going to miss you or care about you at the end of the day.
Apr 16, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
There are still people who consider this average lmaoooo. It's complete trash OPM is a show with multiple action scenes in literally every episode. This is nothing but garbage. And what the hell are those sound effects?? Had to listen to some music to check if it wasn't my earbuds. So bad
poop
Apr 16, 2019 2:53 PM

Feb 2018
ProofByColor said:
xShinigami3125 said:

It is unfortunate that you cannot see the different between my "hype" comment and what has been said in this thread. Nor understand how obnoxious it is (and kinda hilarious from my perspective) to change ones signature to specifically bash this adaption.

When I mentioned your "hype" comment I simply wanted to point out that you yourself have criticisms of the show, and to simply decry others, who have even more of them, as "Manga Elitists" is quite ridiculous. If you can yourself easily find flaws in a show, you maybe should consider that others also have a valid reasoning behind their criticism.
And I am simply a big fan of the opm franchise, and thus I want to prevent it from getting a bad rep due to a bad adaptation, even if it's just by a little bit.
xShinigami3125Apr 16, 2019 2:56 PM
Apr 16, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2009
Old_School_Akira said:
Daphi said:
can someone explain to me why madhouse didn't do season 2?
im confused why a different studio took up OPM
its a fucking insult

Because Overlord 2 and 3 and Marvel ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/37151/Marvel_Future_Avengers_2nd_Season )

Are more important than ONE hit wonder man

WRONG. It's because director Shingo Natsume was commited to make Boogiepop anime.
Apr 16, 2019 2:54 PM
Dec 2017
AcceleratorAngel said:
thepath said:
It seems many hater giving this 1/5 just because they are angry about animation.

The animation does not look bad at all. Maybe not as good as season 1, but it is not bad if you compare it to most of other anime. Also, animation is not everything, are people really watching this just because of visuals ?! not because of Saitama, humor etc ?! It is like saying that I only play games only for graphics

Many people are also angry by the rushed content and the cut backstory of garou diminishing the inpact of him joining the monster association.

The backstory can be added later on without mush consequense, changing up the strukture dosent have to be a bad thing. ofc it can be but we will se
Apr 16, 2019 2:55 PM
Nov 2015
It's such a shame that production quality can't match season 1's...
Apr 16, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
Fubuki was the highlight of the episode easily. That and King suddenly appearing in Saitama's house to get his game back, especially for Hiroki Yasumoto's laidback voice acting.

tidoesstuff said:
Hey, we got OPM's Tsukiyama (Tokyo ghoul), good touch...
I'm glad to not be the only one who thought Sweet Mask looked like Tsukiyama this episode. The fact they have the same voice actor helped even more.
Apr 16, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2009
AbuelitaDeBatman said:

Anime = Animation
Manga = Story

Wrong. Manga = Drawings
Books have only story.
Apr 16, 2019 2:58 PM

Mar 2019
guys like you can complain about the animation when there is not even animation out of about 2 seconds of true movement there are only static images followed by another static image practically fights with static images LOL
Apr 16, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2007
No joke, the Fubuki/Saitama fight scene is one of my favorite moments and, well, seeing it animated was... underwhelming. The manga does a better job of portraying the action. I'm not sure if J.C.Staff dropped the ball or if Murata's art is THAT amazing (my guess: a bit of both).

Love me some Fubuki tho, not gonna lie.

Also, that line was equally stupid in both 'official' translations:
Apr 16, 2019 3:02 PM
Mar 2017
This is a travesty. Not just the final product, the production behind it as well. Anyone who defends the show are might as well be giving the okay to continue both these production practices as well as the nose-dive in overall quality.

OPM deserves better and this robs at the very least the covered material of getting the season 1 treatment.
Apr 16, 2019 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Like I said in Another thread, This Anime adaptation has been more loyal to ONE's original artwork rather than the Manga redrawn by Yusuke Murata or Madhouse's Season 1. Don't Know if that's a good thing though.

Fubuki vs Saitama felt good. It wasn't animated as badly as the fight in episode 1 but wasn't perfect either. Sonic vs Saitama and genos did feel a little bit bad. Mostly in how underwhelming the sidesteps(And most attacks TBH) were.

People are complaining about Garou's backstory being skipped but I think thats a good thing. They could focus On the Fubuki stuff for this episode and Talk about Garou's backstory next episode when its more relevant during the hero hunt. If the pacing was bad as it is already imagine what it would've been if they tried to squezee Garou's backstory in there.

Its far from the worst Fighting animation I have seen but its not great either. Its not as good as S1's but still enjoyable. Like someone else said, it gives me TG vibes being that a lot of people loved it but the sequel was heavily hated. This is not as bad as TG ROOT A or any of the TG;RE Seasons though.
GokaiKingApr 16, 2019 3:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 3:04 PM
May 2014
Daphi said:
Denci said:

Because the director of Season 1, Natsume Shingo and his team are busy with other projects this year. I am guessing Natsume could have been free to make season 2 next year, but then the producers most likely were like it needs to come out this year, hence the change in staff and studio.

makes sense but OPM Season 1 was released 4 years ago, its mind buggling they aren't placing a priority on that Show
Yes I definitely do agree with you OPM should have deserved priority not to lose its hype, but I guess that even if his team had started producing season 2 right away it wouldnt have been anywhere near ready until 2017 the earliest, and considering 90% of the animators of season 1 are freelancers with some of the best in the industry I could see it being hard to schedule a production on such short notice, not to mention Natsume was involved in 6 productions in 2017 the main project being ACCA 13. (even if I would have much prefered an OPM season 2 instead).
Apr 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
The battle between Genos and Sonic was pretty dope. Yep that's all I have to say about this episode.
Apr 16, 2019 3:06 PM
Mar 2018
Oidvin said:
I think that people are to harsh on the animation, it was better than the avarage tv-anime and if I compare it to the teaser trailer then I am happily suprised, the jokes are funny and the pacing is good enough

I havent read the manga so I can not compare but so far this series is looking good and I cant wait for more.

I think most of the things people say about the animation don't come down to actual animation but to direction. In fact, there's not that much animation to start with. The animation that is there is... decent-ish. It's just that there should be more, and the direction makes the action look jarring. That's not the fault of the animation itself, but I can easily understand why people would say the animation is bad.

In addition to this, a lot of the animation that is there feels somewhat stilted. There's no build-up for many actions. It's not absolutely terrible, as I've said before, but for an action show I'd expect better.

I think one of the big faults of this anime so far, for me at least, is the fact that there are so many things it doesn't show. It cuts away from any action that's even remotely tricky to animate, and that leaves me as the viewer very confused about everything that's happening, because I never get to really internalise the action and where everything is located in space, because there are so many cuts and so few wide shots, and everything happens in such quick succession. Everything feels cut like it's a trailer and that just irks me. First episode more so than this one, but it's still present.
Apr 16, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
Fubuki is cute and gorgeous... Garo is OP, gonna be interesting when he meets up with Saitama.

Comedy was on point though, Saitama's introduction to Fubuki was just priceless.

Genos vs Sonic was pretty alright, gotta love that Genos was doing more harm to the area around them than to Sonic..
Apr 16, 2019 3:34 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread cleaned

Please keep personal arguments out of the forums. They don't add anything to the dicsussion.

As a reminder single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode") do not contribute to the discussion and will be removed without notice.
BarnaldApr 20, 2019 2:10 AM
Apr 16, 2019 3:36 PM
Jan 2009
I can understand why people are so upset. Just opening up the first episode from season one and watching through some of the scenes. There's just no comparison. It's not just the limited animation. It's everything else. I can't think of a single thing that J.C Staff are doing better. They just don't understand how to put this show together in the way that Madhouse did. It feels so flat, plain and almost boring.
Apr 16, 2019 3:38 PM
Apr 2016
Genos vs. Sonic actually had a good animation, that was cool as heck. Blizzard is such an annoying pest, goddamn. Good episode.
Apr 16, 2019 3:54 PM

Sep 2017
xShinigami3125 said:

Personally, I don't what you are doing will help your cause in any way. People are severally over reacting about the quality of OPM2. It was doomed from the start. How can it possibly live up to the expectations the first season set? It didn't. Instead we get an average looking season 2 and it's perpetual disappointment. Do note the word average. As long as we stay away from black clover levels or bad, idc. The series can and will still be enjoyable to most.
Apr 16, 2019 3:57 PM
Apr 2019
nerojeko said:
Genos vs. Sonic actually had a good animation, that was cool as heck. Blizzard is such an annoying pest, goddamn. Good episode.

I agree, one thing I've never understood is why so many people love Fubuki (she's consistently been in top 5 on character polls), and I've read the manga and webcomic. Her design is nice but her motivation suck (I wanna be no.1), she doesn't do anything especially notable in the series and she isn't likable.

I enjoyed Sonic vs Genos/Saitama, even with a few awkward bits of direction. I thought it was mostly fine. I also liked Garou's slaughter, even though that scene definitely should have lasted longer. One second he knocks around Blue Fire (I think that's his name?), the next every other person in the room is lying unconscious and bloodied. I also hope they include the clip for his backstory, I don't mind them skipping it here as long as they include it later.

The animation is still mostly meh but what's really starting to annoy me is the directing and editing. Certain moments that need more time are rushed.

I'd give it 3/5, just for the Sonic stuff, but that feels like a generous 3.
Apr 16, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Disappointed that they didn't portray the epicness of Serious Series Side Hops. It ended to quickly and didn't show enough detail/emphasize on how comedically insane the situation was

Apr 16, 2019 3:59 PM

Aug 2017
Fubuki was cute.The animation to me seem a little bit better than the first episode even though you can clearly see the frames.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 4:04 PM
Dec 2018
Jesus christ Genos metallic parts look so bad... what is that gloss..
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.