Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 10, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2017
- I think this project to make a rules that no human can break...
- but as ussual... i dont know what the hell happen here...
- i just sit and drink while watch this.....
Now Loading.....
Nov 10, 2018 8:24 PM

May 2015
So Project Alicization is basically taking the minds of humans and then "cloning" them into artificial intelligence into a virtual world that can learn on its own to be able to kill? What is this, Total Annihilation?

Kikuoka: "100,000 virtual beings are worth less than one JSDF soldier."
Asuna: "You monster! 2D lives matter!"

Now that ending with Rinko. Don't tell me that Akihiko Kayaba is still alive...as a fluctlight...What the hell man...
Nov 10, 2018 9:15 PM
Oct 2012
Tarotist said:
So Project Alicization is basically taking the minds of humans and then "cloning" them into artificial intelligence into a virtual world that can learn on its own to be able to kill? What is this, Total Annihilation?

Kikuoka: "100,000 virtual beings are worth less than one JSDF soldier."
Asuna: "You monster! 2D lives matter!"

Now that ending with Rinko. Don't tell me that Akihiko Kayaba is still alive...as a fluctlight...What the hell man...

well wasn't it obvious that Kayaba is alive as some kind of AI or scanned soul over the net already. it was obvious since Season 1.
now we just know a bit more. he was the original creator of Medicube which he used to scan his own brain but it was not well made yet at that time and it killed him in the process.
then same Medicube was used for Yuuki in Season 2 and improved by her experiment/research data by Rath into STL Machine.

btw, to those who complain about this EP revealing all the mysteries and should have happened at the end, seriously, the mysteries are still there, a lot of them, we don't even know any of the villains yet. we were just told some basic Alicization info to better understand and enjoy the show.
Nov 10, 2018 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Rinko felt obligated to help Asuna as she felt guilty for being an accomplice of Kayaba. This might also be the reason why she created the Medicuboid to ease her guilt, which had been a great help in Medical field, like how it help Yuuki to live in VR. But also because of this the STL is made, the Medicuboid is its based prototype. Kikouka is not really a pure bad guy, as he atleast let Asuna know the specifics, but then maybe he just also want to compromised Rinko so they can get her help lol xD

Seems like Kayaba still involved in the progression of VR technology even though he is physically absent here. From Nervegear the Medicuboid is made, which is system design by him, its just Rinko who developed the actual machine. Then the STL is made from the Medicuboid, using it as its based prototype. Or its seems like its actually all according to his keikaku xD

That Higa clone demonstration was creepier than in the novels, with the visual and distorted sound. Nurse Aki is back, lol that salute.

Next episode should be back to underworld. Back to bromance.
Nov 10, 2018 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
GuidedCursor said:
"1,000 AI NPC "Lives" on computer are worthless."
>Asuna : "I'm angry as hell"

*a couple thousands people died during SAO*
>Asuna : "At least I've spent some quality time with Kirito."
Of course she doesn't hold a grudge. Nobody she cared about died in SAO so she's fine with it.
Nov 10, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2018
Honestly they didn't have to spend a whole episode explaining what the STLs purpose was and what they were doing to Kirito. Was really hoping to see more Kirito and Eugeo this episode. Well, I'm just gonna have to wait until the next episode. Not the best pacing this episode but an informative one for people who were really confused and haven't read the light novels.
Nov 10, 2018 9:27 PM
Oct 2018
why making ai kill people in war.
it make me confunsed.
is there a war in sao world?
basically its the same plot in aincrad.
that cant be interupted from outside right?
Nov 10, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2018
NietzscheBoi said:
Such a shame that this level of detailed art and animation are being wasted on such a boring show.
I have to admit this episode and the episode before were quite boring, however imo the episodes before weren't boring at all and were in fact, very entertaining. Really hope next episode is less boring.
Nov 10, 2018 9:31 PM
Jan 2018
Ahmad_Nurcahyo said:
why asuna and another girl have so much screen time but the main character is not to much even klein and agil is forgotten if they dont come back to underworld i drop this shit

This episode be the last time we see the Real world for a while. Unless the stuido made more stupid changes
Mattinator95Nov 11, 2018 12:30 AM
Nov 10, 2018 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
if it was the real world a single person informing the press about this "project" and the whole thing would be insantly shut down with japan regarded as an insane inhuman country by the rest of the world for the next 50 years

but this is anime so i guess it's alright, they're just AIs xddd let's torture them and shit
Nov 10, 2018 9:46 PM
Oct 2012
GuidedCursor said:

wheres the 'like' button

joking aside, this is actually a great episode. it helped me to understand much better than the explaining from the light novel.

also for those who watched accel world, this STL is probably the most ancient prototype of that burst-link, seeing that STL was able to accelerate the simulated world's speed by 5000 times of real life time.

also, this huge alicization project does remind me (again) of some theory called 'Our universe is actually a simulation project from the existence above us'

rofl
Nov 10, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 2018
First half was meh
Second was good
Second ep is still best ep

Asuna's way of thinking is interesting
AkerakaiNov 10, 2018 11:30 PM
Nov 10, 2018 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
-Riptide- said:
Shadzzo said:

Computer AI that thinks its a real human* They dont have a real human body.

It's a human soul but without a body. That's basically the difference between inhabitants of the Underworld and people from the real world.

No its not human soul. The technology let them copy the brain neuron network and recreate it in a virtual enviroment. Its a perfect humanlike ai created with emotions + memories and everything of the person. This still doesnt make them real humans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2018 12:47 AM

Sep 2017
I caught lots of points brought up that the AI could go rogue and activate singularity because the way they want to use AI as slaves.

example asunas: "the rights of artificial intelligence" or Kikuokas: "The lives of 100,000 artificial intelligence are worth far less than a single SDF soldiers"
Nov 11, 2018 12:48 AM

Nov 2018
Shadzzo said:
-Riptide- said:

It's a human soul but without a body. That's basically the difference between inhabitants of the Underworld and people from the real world.

No its not human soul. The technology let them copy the brain neuron network and recreate it in a virtual enviroment. Its a perfect humanlike ai created with emotions + memories and everything of the person. This still doesnt make them real humans.

The real question here is....WHY THE FUCK would someone want this kind of AI with felings and fear and whatnot in a battlefield? And worse, they want an AI that can BREAK the rules, thats literaly the oposite you want from a battlefield AI. Realy, the author must be retarded.

Either the dude is lying and he wants the AI for something else, and the story is stupid because kirito's useles RL companions actualy believed that, or worse....The dude's realy intend on using this kind of AI for war. And then that just means the writter of this thing has no idea how the world works, at ALL.
TougenNov 11, 2018 12:56 AM
Nov 11, 2018 1:03 AM

Jul 2012
Tougen said:
Shadzzo said:

The real question here is....WHY THE FUCK would someone want this kind of AI with felings and fear and whatnot in a battlefield? And worse, they want an AI that can BREAK the rules, thats literaly the oposite you want from a battlefield AI. Realy, the author must be retarded.

Either the dude is lying and he wants the AI for something else, and the story is stupid because kirito's useles RL companions actualy believed that, or worse....The dude's realy intend on using this kind of AI for war. And then that just means the writter of this thing has no idea how the world works, at ALL.

I agree. It would be much better to create fearless obedient robot like AI clones to use in war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2018 1:33 AM

Mar 2016
Tougen said:
Shadzzo said:

You are looking at this through an accute lense. That’s not the purpose. The purpose is to create a highly capable and adaptive AI that has the capacity akin to that of a human mind to learn and adapt to new situation because often the course of battle is unpredictable and many things don’t go according to plan (our world is not so ideal that you can predict with a pre-programmed code), so that’s one major advantage. The example of AI being too obedient and idealistic to its own world rules is just an example to emphasize the underlying fact that they still haven’t reached the more superior form of AI that has the full potential and is capable of having a capacity to think and act and learn like a human mind on its own. It’s not the best comparison, but i like to think of this concept’s end game as achieving something similar to Yoko Taro’s game Nier Automata’s 2B, 9S, etc who are androids that fight for humanity yet they feel so human.
Shishou_23Nov 11, 2018 1:42 AM
Nov 11, 2018 1:40 AM
Jan 2018
When people are complaing that he told asuana basically almost everything and the he probably knew that she would tell her friends.

It either be A. The stuido fucked up and added something that should have been added as half of last episode and that scene in this episode was anime orginal.

Or B the info well be revealed to everyone later on and asuana and the others just know about it early
Nov 11, 2018 1:43 AM

Jan 2010
I love how mature Asuna looks here (right click->view image for bigger):

She's ready to kick some butt!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Nov 11, 2018 2:22 AM

Jun 2016
well well well

the true intention is to make a soul that capable to kill...

SOUNDS GOOD DOESN'T WORK - TRUMP
Nov 11, 2018 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
Trust me people, it's better that you all are able to watch this exposition dump. Reading it is fucking agonizing.

Side note...whoever made that joke about Asuna's hypocrisy...you're the champ fam. Rinko is mega babe tho.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 11, 2018 3:15 AM
Feb 2018
The final scene with a person in the stl was kayaba right? Dont mind the spoiler
Nov 11, 2018 3:18 AM

Sep 2017
RzN23 said:
The final scene with a person in the stl was kayaba right? Dont mind the spoiler

That was Kirito i believe.
Nov 11, 2018 3:25 AM
Sep 2017
But why do they show the soul I mean fluclight of kayaba before that? there was also more stl machine besides kirito's.
Nov 11, 2018 3:59 AM

Sep 2017
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
But why do they show the soul I mean fluclight of kayaba before that? there was also more stl machine besides kirito's.

Well Rinko woke up cause she was dreaming of Kayaba and that other STL machine I think is still being worked on. I believe they mentioned it during the episode but can't recall what it was said about it.
Nov 11, 2018 4:32 AM
Oct 2012
RzN23 said:

this is not a spoiler, anyone who watch old seasons well and notice all detail/explanation should be able to figure this :
Kayaba is dead, but his scanned soul, like Higa's clone in this EP, is alive and surfing the net.
Edit : his Dead body was found and it was in the news in season 1 i think.

Kayaba is the one who invented Medicube but it was not complete yet and he scanned his own brain with it and made a clone, but his own brain got fried and he died.

Kayaba's GF, Rinko, donated the Medicube to hospital to be used for helping people like Yuuki, in a way to redeem her own guilt of not killing Kayaba.

after 2 years and many experiment and data from Yuuki's time in Medicube, Rath got the technology and developed STL which is a upgraded Medicube. and it can clone human's soul w'o any damage to the human's real body.

Kayaba showing up there and Rinko seeing him, can be just a dream, or can be maybe Kayba somehow infiltrated the Rath and is observing them.

it's a tease to make viewers hyped for more lol
Nov 11, 2018 4:34 AM

Aug 2017
aaaaah it bore me to tears

i mean exposition and story is alright and all but i seriously couldn't care less about these characters

i like the bits with Kirito and Eugeo because i kinda like the world and Eugeo is easily my favourite character in the SAO franchise but the real world bits just make me die inside

Nov 11, 2018 4:50 AM
Jan 2018
People complaining about exposition then there's me watching monogatori for an hour
Nov 11, 2018 4:53 AM

Jan 2010
Well Eugeo is gay, Asuna is easily the best character.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Nov 11, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Mattinator95 said:
People complaining about exposition then there's me watching monogatori for an hour

People should make a monogatari marathon to relativise things a bit.

Boltz said:
Well Eugeo is gay, Asuna is easily the best character.

Yeah and Alice aswell.
Welp
Nov 11, 2018 5:22 AM
Mar 2018
Good episode, a lot of explanations and details. The drama is still strong ahell.

Also, dafuq with these fags racing the reviews after just 6 episodes. MAL is MAL, huh?
Nov 11, 2018 6:05 AM

Sep 2015
ComboSmooth said:
this author needs to stop trying to explain things..... He doesnt understand how computers work, how ai works, how science works, how politics works or anything.
Before the explanation its all fine, dandy and mysterious but every time he explains something, he makes it dumber.

This reminds me of people who complain about how science is used in SciAdv, they do not try to be exact, they try to rely on science to do things that "can not be done" This is also common in Hack where science of use in favor of the MMO but that really does not make sense if we apply it to real life.
Nov 11, 2018 6:10 AM

Apr 2018
But if Kikuoka wanted to create an AI to kill, he could have taken the artificial fluctlights of the two Integrity Knights fighting. Though they did not show the black knight dying, it was clear the white knight intended to kill him.

Which means Kikuoka might have wanted an AI that can think for itself, such that they can rule personal emotions over set rules, like the Taboo index. But such AIs already exist, for example Yui and Yuna in Ordinal Scale. He could simply take those for his research instead.

Did I just find a plothole, or is more explanation coming in future episodes?
Nov 11, 2018 6:19 AM
Jul 2015
Justin_Neo said:
But if Kikuoka wanted to create an AI to kill, he could have taken the artificial fluctlights of the two Integrity Knights fighting. Though they did not show the black knight dying, it was clear the white knight intended to kill him.

Which means Kikuoka might have wanted an AI that can think for itself, such that they can rule personal emotions over set rules, like the Taboo index. But such AIs already exist, for example Yui and Yuna in Ordinal Scale. He could simply take those for his research instead.

Yeah that’s my point to. is Yui a bottom up AI then? They did not have anything time for Yui, so she must be very important.
Nov 11, 2018 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
Nayout said:
ComboSmooth said:
this author needs to stop trying to explain things..... He doesnt understand how computers work, how ai works, how science works, how politics works or anything.
Before the explanation its all fine, dandy and mysterious but every time he explains something, he makes it dumber.

This reminds me of people who complain about how science is used in SciAdv, they do not try to be exact, they try to rely on science to do things that "can not be done" This is also common in Hack where science of use in favor of the MMO but that really does not make sense if we apply it to real life.

There is totally room in sci-fi for super future science that is more or less magic -all im saying, is its better to not give an explanation than it is to give a bad one
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Nov 11, 2018 6:58 AM
Jan 2018
Justin_Neo said:

He's not looking for something like Yui or yuna
Besides at the time this arc was made yuna didn't exist.

He meet yui in season 2 and said she's not the kind of AI he's looking for besides yui wouldn't kill.

He's basically looking for something Like 2B ,9S from neir if you ever played it or seen it before.
Nov 11, 2018 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Justin_Neo said:

Integrity Knights stuff will be explained later. In a sense, they are above the law, but they are still bounded and can't think for themselves. The dark knight is from a place where rules and standard are different. You should take note of the System Alert thingy in Eugeo eyes from episode 1. That's a crucial plot point to the whole thing why Fluctlights in the Human Empire of Underworld can't violate the law.

And Yui and Yuna are not bottom-up AI, they are still programmed. Yui is so human-like because she has 2 years worth of data from 10.000 players in SAO. Never again is there a circumstance that allows reproduction of an AI on that level. Kikuoka knew about Yui but Kirito and Asuna did not let him have hand on her.

Nov 11, 2018 7:36 AM

Nov 2018
Takao_21 said:
Tougen said:

You are looking at this through an accute lense. That’s not the purpose. The purpose is to create a highly capable and adaptive AI that has the capacity akin to that of a human mind to learn and adapt to new situation because often the course of battle is unpredictable and many things don’t go according to plan (our world is not so ideal that you can predict with a pre-programmed code), so that’s one major advantage. The example of AI being too obedient and idealistic to its own world rules is just an example to emphasize the underlying fact that they still haven’t reached the more superior form of AI that has the full potential and is capable of having a capacity to think and act and learn like a human mind on its own. It’s not the best comparison, but i like to think of this concept’s end game as achieving something similar to Yoko Taro’s game Nier Automata’s 2B, 9S, etc who are androids that fight for humanity yet they feel so human.

The human brain is not that efficient when it comes to learning compared to some AI's, and thats nowdays in the RL world and not and in some science fiction universe like SAO...In that case an adaptative AI would still be much better than those 'human' AI's, since it would be able to adapt to the enviroment and situation through learning. BUT still do its mission withoud questioning its orders or the morality behind it, if you want an AI that can ignore specific orders if it feels its best to complete a mission, thats also better with an adaptative AI since it can learn and adapt much faster than something running a copy of the human brain ever could.

The author simply has NO idea how AI's and computers work, there are soo much stuff more worthy of an adaptation with this level of animation that have much better stories than this, it just confusing as to what exactly did those novels did better in storytelling to deserve it. Because i honestly cant belive this dumb and plain lazy level of storytelling is good enough for it.
TougenNov 11, 2018 7:45 AM
Nov 11, 2018 9:31 AM
Aug 2013
I'm sorry can someone explain to me why everyone loves this so much. This concept seems ridiculous and so over the top. The show throws your generic scifi words like flux and quantum around to make it seem scientific but everything they're saying is just stupid. A gov employee looked at a vr headset and thought "this technology has the potential to upend the notion of war".??? how lol I'm not the biggest SAO fan but i went into this with an open mind but after 4 episodes of cutting down a tree this exposition dump just felt lazy and completely unrealistic.
Nov 11, 2018 10:01 AM
Jun 2017
Developing AI capable of killing is just asking for Skynet level trouble. I guess that means goblins, orcs, and other monsters aren't Fluctulights otherwise they would already be in use.
Nov 11, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2015
The morals in this show are so bizzare. No Asuna, you should not thank Kayaba for fucking anything. The world would be better if SAO had never existed as Kayaba intended. It would have been better if all those people hadn't been murdered and you and Kirito never got to meet, and you should understand that. Everyone is a freak in this show
Nov 11, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
The exposition is fine in and of itself (we needed it eventually), but this entire premise behind the STL and Rath is ridiculous, even by this show's standards, and downright stupid and irresponsible to boot. Kikuoka is insane (how the fuck does he get the idea that the Nerve Gear could change war forever? that makes no sense, even for a madman), this whole plan is insane and my interest in this nonsense has dropped dramatically because of this.
Nov 11, 2018 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
This episode had a lot more info-dump than I thought it would, but it made the episode, as well as the story so far, more understandable and enjoyable.

I just can't see Kikuoka as a bad guy at all, since his reasons behind the project and the fact that he values a life of a real SDF soldier over 1,000 AI people to be reasonable and is something I respect of a guy like him.

Thankfully, Asuna seems to be content with his explanation and as for Rinko, I'm glad she's done well to help Asuna so far, although she still feels guilty over the whole SAO project with Kayaba.

Anyway, from the sound of next week's title, we should be back with Kirito and Eugeo, so I'm certainly looking to it. =)
Nov 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Jun 2017
So to make it short.

They are building skynet.

An AI that can kill? Nothing wrong with that AT ALL.
I waited for a reference to a rogue AI. I was disappointed...
Seems like a big oversight on the SDFs part.
Nov 11, 2018 12:26 PM
Oct 2012
Tougen said:
Shadzzo said:

Their current AI is having problem and not being able to do everything ! so that's a problem that they don't want an that's the end.
once they can have a copy of Alice and learn of it's difference from other Fluctlight they can then develop a better Baby Soul Template for their future AIs and they will also be able to learn more about modifying these souls.

so far they know nothing much and only copied it from a human. once they can learn more from a complete AI they can then even use their knowledge to create AIs that follow a specific rule they set with less flaw.

right now the AIs are full of flaw, and it's not Rath who set these Taboo Index, they themselves don't know why these AIs are bond and can't disobey this Taboo Index, they need to fix these flaws.

once we go on more in UnderWorld plot with kirito, many of the problems with this taboo index will show up.
these AIs are by no means good for military.
I give a small spoiler regarding this if you want to read :

Nov 11, 2018 1:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Shadzzo said:
-Riptide- said:

However, that's not the point that was being shown. No one is saying AI = human. Why do human have rights anyway? There are different world views you can apply as to why.

1) Because we are human and obviously want to protect ourselves. This is the anthropocentric view, where things matter only because they are human.
2) Because we recognize humans has having "high" level of emotional intelligence. We are typically programmed to feel empathy for other beings with emotions (as we feel them too). This is the universalist view, where you start applying human morality to things that are clearly not human.

If you only believe #1, that means that non-human rights (animal) obviously means nothing to you. What is the point of giving animal rights? They can feel pain and some species can approximate human emotions but ultimately they are not human. It doesn't matter if they have a physical body or not.

If you apply #2, then giving rights to AI that have achieved sentience and can feel human emotions (since they originated from real humans as archetype) is not so far-fetched.

That being said. there are way more series that explore this idea better. SAO suffers from a series of writing problems and other ridiculous things like:

1) Security is a joke in that place
2) Apparently, no one really understand what a NDA is and everyone and their mother is leaking everything. (At least in LN Asuna was cut off once inside the Ocean Turtle. Somebody had the stupid idea to add scenes just to add side characters)
3) It only took 5 years for Kayaba to invent a quantum device capable of hosting the "human soul". Given we have NO idea exactly how the brain works today, very much less can build a quantum computer that doesn't de-cohere quickly, this is as realistic as saying that Kayaba built a FTL-capable spaceship from scratch in 5 years.

Point is, there are many things to criticize SAO for, but the concept "AI rights" is not a ridiculous claim.

/rant
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 11, 2018 5:48 PM
Oct 2018
GuidedCursor said:

Well, she did say she was being a bit selfish :x
Nov 11, 2018 7:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If these guys actually have Kayaba alive in this world, I'm gonna backflip lol
Nov 11, 2018 9:20 PM
Jan 2018
HeroicHealer said:
Tougen said:

The human brain is not that efficient when it comes to learning compared to some AI's, and thats nowdays in the RL world and not and in some science fiction universe like SAO...In that case an adaptative AI would still be much better than those 'human' AI's, since it would be able to adapt to the enviroment and situation through learning. BUT still do its mission withoud questioning its orders or the morality behind it, if you want an AI that can ignore specific orders if it feels its best to complete a mission, thats also better with an adaptative AI since it can learn and adapt much faster than something running a copy of the human brain ever could.

The author simply has NO idea how AI's and computers work, there are soo much stuff more worthy of an adaptation with this level of animation that have much better stories than this, it just confusing as to what exactly did those novels did better in storytelling to deserve it. Because i honestly cant belive this dumb and plain lazy level of storytelling is good enough for it.

You're the one who doesn't know how A.I works or functions. I've been a programmer for some time, I think you're the one who's having a failure at logic and the fact that you haven't watched the show properly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining over here.

I'm surprised at how stupid and illogical one person can become, he mentioned. The top-down and bottom-up concept is specifically mentioned by Alan Turing, the concepts the writer used are from a real-life scientists, if you've studied history, computer-science and world-war 2 history you'd realize that the concepts he mentioned are linked to study on AI.

First of all, AI needs to be able to adapt to different situations. A successful AI is one which can think for itself without requiring constant human input.

Alan Turing also developed the Turing test, which is a concept that mentioned that AI being able to completely behave or represent human characteristics, mostly used in chat-bots which are expected to learn from their previous conversations and improve on it. The idea is to make the original human chatting with the AI chat bot feel like they're talking to a real-human.

There's a paper on this written by Alan Turing and other researchers mentioned the Top-Down and Bottom-Up concepts. This guy helped save the allies in World War 2 by breaking the Enigma Code which was considered impossible to break, he developed an ingenious device called the Enigma code breaker, the device was ingenious and helped the allies defeat the Nazis.

Also if you still got complaints, go consult Google where they also applied similar concepts and Google's AlphaGo AI beated the worlds top Go player who was a leading winner.

The problem with your post is that you don't understand the difference between a Computer Program vs. an AI. A computer program follows a sets of instructions written by the programmer. An AI thinks for itself based on parameters assigned to it on specific tasks it also learns to develop and think for themselves.

Search up neural network, read the definition it says "neural network is a computer system modelled on the human brain and nervous system." in otherwords used in AI, this episode was specifically giving out some knowledge on AI and you think you're an expert. No dude, you're far from an expert, stick to watching anime dude and questioning on plausible fallacies not ones written in a Science-Fiction tagged anime show.

Also, do everyone a favor and search up the definition for Science-Fiction, you're embarrassing yourself over here, dude. Must I also post the definition over here for you to understand? Look dude everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the problem is when you begin ignoring posts which have already answered your question and continue to stretch it for hours and hours.

here I am and the only AI I know are from Sci-fi film's. I should also search it.

Anyway Enigma Code and Alan was that the Real life based film based on with Benedict that came out a few years ago I liked that film not sure how accurate it was though.
Nov 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Nov 2018
HeroicHealer said:
Tougen said:

You're the one who doesn't know how A.I works or functions. I've been a programmer for some time, I think you're the one who's having a failure at logic and the fact that you haven't watched the show properly, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining over here.

I'm surprised at how stupid and illogical one person can become, he mentioned. The top-down and bottom-up concept is specifically mentioned by Alan Turing, the concepts the writer used are from a real-life scientists, if you've studied history, computer-science and world-war 2 history you'd realize that the concepts he mentioned are linked to study on AI.

First of all, AI needs to be able to adapt to different situations. A successful AI is one which can think for itself without requiring constant human input.

Alan Turing also developed the Turing test, which is a concept that mentioned that AI being able to completely behave or represent human characteristics, mostly used in chat-bots which are expected to learn from their previous conversations and improve on it. The idea is to make the original human chatting with the AI chat bot feel like they're talking to a real-human.

There's a paper on this written by Alan Turing and other researchers mentioned the Top-Down and Bottom-Up concepts. This guy helped save the allies in World War 2 by breaking the Enigma Code which was considered impossible to break, he developed an ingenious device called the Enigma code breaker, the device was ingenious and helped the allies defeat the Nazis.

Also if you still got complaints, go consult Google where they also applied similar concepts and Google's AlphaGo AI beated the worlds top Go player who was a leading winner.

The problem with your post is that you don't understand the difference between a Computer Program vs. an AI. A computer program follows a sets of instructions written by the programmer. An AI thinks for itself based on parameters assigned to it on specific tasks it also learns to develop and think for themselves.

Search up neural network, read the definition it says "neural network is a computer system modelled on the human brain and nervous system." in otherwords used in AI, this episode was specifically giving out some knowledge on AI and you think you're an expert. No dude, you're far from an expert, stick to watching anime dude and questioning on plausible fallacies not ones written in a Science-Fiction tagged anime show.

Also, do everyone a favor and search up the definition for Science-Fiction, you're embarrassing yourself over here, dude. Must I also post the definition over here for you to understand? Look dude everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the problem is when you begin ignoring posts which have already answered your question and continue to stretch it for hours and hours.

Oh, we are going down to personal insults, are we? never once i questioned what is an AI, only said the uses of the kind of AI >they are experimenting on, on a battlefield is COMPLETELY stupid, and it is. That Ai that beat the go player you mentioned.

All the AI's you mentioned are build from ground up, because guess what, genius, we cant scan a human brain and use it as an AI. not with the current technology we have, and all AI's build from ground up learn exclusively through learning and adapting. And the only uses a human based AI has is ONE, simulate humans, be it for interaction with humans, or to simulate human reactions. And thats it.
TougenNov 12, 2018 12:11 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.