Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 8, 2018 9:56 AM

Apr 2017
Enjoayble episode, good way to start off this arc.

But I have a strong feeling that says this is gonna be a dissapointing season, ofc this is just my thought .

Anyway, the OP and ED was good and the visuels fits the song as well.
Jan 8, 2018 10:31 AM
Nov 2013
Saiyan-prince99 said:
Enjoayble episode, good way to start off this arc.

But I have a strong feeling that says this is gonna be a dissapointing season, ofc this is just my thought .

Anyway, the OP and ED was good and the visuels fits the song as well.

Unless the anime drops the ball, this season will not be a let down. I read the manga and it's my favorite Gintama arc of all (and it's not even done!)
Jan 8, 2018 10:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The fight of Madao to get 100 yens was amazing!!!! kekeke
Jan 8, 2018 11:07 AM

Aug 2011
I was so happy to see the episode online but damn I'm so afraid because it's the final arc and I don't want it to end :'(
Jan 8, 2018 11:14 AM
Aug 2016
Gintama as Gintama 5/5 episode ...
Yorozuya 4 life ☺😊
Jan 8, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
Honestly, I'm emotionally wrecked right now.

This is as good as it gets, pure perfection from start to finish. I watched a damn lot of anime in my life, but this is killing me inside of joy and sadness at the same time.

My first breakdown of emotions, when I saw Hasegawa saving up so much and then slamming it onto yorozuya desk to ask for help is so fantastic on so many layers.
2nd one, when other also came to ask for help. 3rd when they actually came back. everything with the most fitting BGM.

Also, dat OP and ED!? How the hell do they manage to get all these masterpieces of sound and visuals!?

Please dont let it end, I'll lose a part of me!
<3 <3 <3 Kei is love <3 <3 <3
Jan 8, 2018 12:04 PM
Aug 2013
Oh... My... God... Finally, it's here !! A mix of happiness and sadness as it's the Finale Arc. I won't say a thing about the following but it's just gonna be EPIC.
Jan 8, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
pure nerdgasm ... 1st episode was the perfect mix of comic and dramatic moments that gives us a taste of how the arc will unflod .. Madao finally had some epic moments and the return of Yorozuya was glorious !!
I liked the opening, it really raised my hype, showing that all the characters will unite to protect Edo (that glimpse of Takasugi though), while the ending was also perfect, giving a farewell tone to the show !!
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Jan 8, 2018 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
@Shiroyasha_97 Lol that is accurate.
Jan 8, 2018 12:33 PM

Nov 2014
Do we know how many episodes this season will have?
Jan 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Sep 2015
Karma-Senpai said:

It can be anything @ this point, but hopefully 51 episodes. I don't like it when the cours are split.
Jan 8, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
Draconix814 said:
Karma-Senpai said:

It can be anything @ this point, but hopefully 51 episodes. I don't like it when the cours are split.
I'm praying for a split cour since the manga isn't done, time for a breather for the animators, and to make another entry in MAL to make more funny salty discussions
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Draconix814 said:

I'm praying for a split cour since the manga isn't done, time for a breather for the animators, and to make another entry in MAL to make more funny salty discussions

I disagree, this should be the last season of Gintama. 51 consecutive episodes will give the anime enough momentum and conclude with enough bang to really impact everybody involved. But that's not the only reason. I just want to see it end, I hate it when series drag on forever without conclusions and I know many people are the same. Just let the series end with a bang and it'll be established as an utter classic. Waiting for too long will simply ruin the taste. Not to mention, I want to see HOW it ends more than anything.

And GOD NO, I don't want any more salty discussions.
Jan 8, 2018 1:31 PM

Apr 2016
And finally it started!
The OP is good
But the ED is lit!
Like them both

Great Episode

We got a equal dose of comedy and seriousness this episode, but I felt more tense,,, and Prince Baka is back!!!

Aahhhh, i neeed mooarrr
5/5
Jan 8, 2018 1:41 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Draconix814 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I disagree, this should be the last season of Gintama. 51 consecutive episodes will give the anime enough momentum and conclude with enough bang to really impact everybody involved. But that's not the only reason. I just want to see it end, I hate it when series drag on forever without conclusions and I know many people are the same. Just let the series end with a bang and it'll be established as an utter classic. Waiting for too long will simply ruin the taste. Not to mention, I want to see HOW it ends more than anything.

First of all, this arc will probably only be 25-ish episodes because there's not enough content from the manga to make up 51 episodes. Secondly, considering how neither BNP nor Sunrise has worked on a serious arc for 25 consecutive episodes, you'll have to expect and accept production quality issues. You can't expect consistent animation and art quality with that many episodes. Any two-cour series can take a hit. For example, BnHA S2's first half had considerably better animations and artwork than the second half, and this is Bones we're talking about. BNP is a much smaller studio and 25 episodes of action with only a couple of episodes of breather will lead to obvious production issues.
Jan 8, 2018 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Draconix814 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

There is only enough material for 25 Episodes(considering a lot of it his action based, and has like 2-6 pages of recap per chapter)
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 2:24 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

First of all, this arc will probably only be 25-ish episodes because there's not enough content from the manga to make up 51 episodes. Secondly, considering how neither BNP nor Sunrise has worked on a serious arc for 25 consecutive episodes, you'll have to expect and accept production quality issues. You can't expect consistent animation and art quality with that many episodes. Any two-cour series can take a hit. For example, BnHA S2's first half had considerably better animations and artwork than the second half, and this is Bones we're talking about. BNP is a much smaller studio and 25 episodes of action with only a couple of episodes of breather will lead to obvious production issues.

This is why I thought it would be a better idea to wait until this year before anything after Farewell Shinsengumi aired... I was worried about the animation... But still how long would it be until the conclusion of the ark, and by what standard are you measuring that it would only be 25 episodes long? At the end of the day it would probably end up that way, but seriously that's disappointing. Just think of how long it will take for another season if that's the case, god I don't want to wait that long, but I don't want to pick up the manga either...
SenpaiJay98 said:
There is only enough material for 25 Episodes(considering a lot of it his action based, and has like 2-6 pages of recap per chapter)
Jan 8, 2018 2:25 PM

Sep 2017
they did save a lot on the animation tho, there wasn't much motion in this episode. they just flew through enemies. not that much action there. an there were tons of still images.

so good news i guess?...

but this also means we get no minor fight action.
Jan 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
Salamak said:
they did save a lot on the animation tho, there wasn't much motion in this episode. they just flew through enemies. not that much action there. an there were tons of still images.

so good news i guess?...

but this also means we get no minor fight action.

The art was great though, so I expect most of the crazy bits of animation to be saved for the bigger parts.
Jan 8, 2018 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Draconix814 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

This is why I thought it would be a better idea to wait until this year before anything after Farewell Shinsengumi aired... I was worried about the animation... But still how long would it be until the conclusion of the ark, and by what standard are you measuring that it would only be 25 episodes long? At the end of the day it would probably end up that way, but seriously that's disappointing. Just think of how long it will take for another season if that's the case, god I don't want to wait that long, but I don't want to pick up the manga either...
SenpaiJay98 said:
split cour usually means 3 month break, and 3 months is nothing compared to other wait times for anime
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 2:37 PM

Dec 2016
Holy guacamole, it was a good start for the last season ;-; </3
I was fangirling the whole episode, I never thought this anime could be so important to me when I first watched the first season, but it feels so bittersweet to know manga and anime are ending this year.

The END was so beautiful, the OP was fine... I hope BNP contacts SPYAIR and/or DOES for the last OPs and ENDs, that would be perfect.

Can't wait for the next episodes, I was going to wait until the first half of the season before watching it but the hype is too high to ignore it xD

Jan 8, 2018 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
Madao getting stomped out was so damn funny the screams is what got me the most.This was a very good episode I think we are in for a real treat.
Jan 8, 2018 3:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Draconix814 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

The manga is probably ending in another 3 months. It's at its final fight and I don't see it going on for too, too long. When I say that this arc might only be 25-ish episodes, I mean that the series will end in 25-ish episode... for good. There's so far 70 chapters in the Silver Soul arc and by the time it ends, it will be around 85-90 chapters. A lot of the action chapters have very little dialogue, so it can all be fit into 25 episodes.
Jan 8, 2018 5:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
MorsMortis said:
oh yeah, I just noticed this, now on my 3rd rewatch.
Otose's mouth was gone for 3 (I think?) frames.
Lol yeah, it happened for a split second. I think there was a similar animation error in one of the previous Gintama seasons (forgot which episode though). Anyways, issues like these tend to get fixed in BDs and DVDs.
Jan 8, 2018 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

The manga is probably ending in another 3 months. It's at its final fight and I don't see it going on for too, too long. When I say that this arc might only be 25-ish episodes, I mean that the series will end in 25-ish episode... for good. There's so far 70 chapters in the Silver Soul arc and by the time it ends, it will be around 85-90 chapters. A lot of the action chapters have very little dialogue, so it can all be fit into 25 episodes.

So they can fit everything into one season? It'll just be 25(ish) episodes long? I see, so I was just overestimating how much content was in this ark. That makes sense. After all, the longest ark in the series so far was Rakuyo and it was only 12 episodes, so it's a stretch to assume that Silver Soul would be 51 episodes long. Maybe it was because I know the ark has been going on for like two years now that I assumed it was going to be longer than 25 episodes... I should have realized that chapters in Shounen Jump manga are only 20 pages long... I humbly thank you for yet another clarification.
Jan 8, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2015
MorsMortis said:
oh yeah, I just noticed this, now on my 3rd rewatch.
Otose's mouth was gone for 3 (I think?) frames.

Well, I guess we can't expect perfection.
Jan 8, 2018 6:19 PM

Jul 2015
Draconix814 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

So they can fit everything into one season? It'll just be 25(ish) episodes long? I see, so I was just overestimating how much content was in this ark. That makes sense. After all, the longest ark in the series so far was Rakuyo and it was only 12 episodes, so it's a stretch to assume that Silver Soul would be 51 episodes long. Maybe it was because I know the ark has been going on for like two years now that I assumed it was going to be longer than 25 episodes... I should have realized that chapters in Shounen Jump manga are only 20 pages long... I humbly thank you for yet another clarification.
Not only that, the pace in the SS manga is really slow or has more 2-6 page recaps compared to other arcs in Gintama
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 6:38 PM

Dec 2017
The Best of The Bests
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Jul 2017
Salamak said:
I found 2 versions of op? One contains some scenes from gintama and utsuro fight. Is it fan made? Also, we're getting 3 new characters? Nice.
Even kintoki comes back?! Wow this is amazing ×D

Actually we're getting 6. At least from the opening: Enshou (Red haired guy) & Shijaku (The old man next to Enshou), Ougai (Dakini), Soutatsu (Shinra), Master Son (Yato), and Hitsugi (Naraku).
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Jan 8, 2018 9:52 PM

Sep 2017
gilanggifari02 said:
Salamak said:
I found 2 versions of op? One contains some scenes from gintama and utsuro fight. Is it fan made? Also, we're getting 3 new characters? Nice.
Even kintoki comes back?! Wow this is amazing ×D

Actually we're getting 6. At least from the opening: Enshou (Red haired guy) & Shijaku (The old man next to Enshou), Ougai (Dakini), Soutatsu (Shinra), Master Son (Yato), and Hitsugi (Naraku).

Where wete the last 3 in the op?
There was the red head( he totaly felt like he was from a different show :)) )
The old guy with long hair and the guy with utsuro
Jan 8, 2018 10:17 PM

Jul 2017
Salamak said:
gilanggifari02 said:

Yes, i don't expect Enshou to be red haired tho. I've never seen the manga cover anyway.
Hitsugi is the guy with Utsuro, Shijaku is the admiral of liberation army with silver long hair and beard.

And those 3 left are the warrior tribes, they appear right after a full shot of Kabukicho citizen led by Otae. Ougai is the Dakini (Green monster/Same race with Hedoro) who appear first, Soutatsu is the Shinra (Blue haired guy with bandage, this tribe once appeared against Jirocho and Gintoki), and Master Son is the Yato (Same frame with Shinra, he's the short one with cap)
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Jan 9, 2018 1:02 AM

Sep 2017
gilanggifari02 said:
Salamak said:

Yes, i don't expect Enshou to be red haired tho. I've never seen the manga cover anyway.
Hitsugi is the guy with Utsuro, Shijaku is the admiral of liberation army with silver long hair and beard.

And those 3 left are the warrior tribes, they appear right after a full shot of Kabukicho citizen led by Otae. Ougai is the Dakini (Green monster/Same race with Hedoro) who appear first, Soutatsu is the Shinra (Blue haired guy with bandage, this tribe once appeared against Jirocho and Gintoki), and Master Son is the Yato (Same frame with Shinra, he's the short one with cap)

Thanks, i thought they were just regular amantos..

So when do we get our first action?..

Also the amantos came to earth 30 years ago not 20, right?
SalamakJan 9, 2018 1:10 AM
Jan 9, 2018 1:41 AM

Jul 2015
(Probably not the best place to ask, but I decided to give it a try)

Does anyone know when the manga will end?
Jan 9, 2018 3:58 AM
Dec 2016
Gintama is my favorite series and that makes me more critical towards this series, the first had to bridge the gap between the amazing and serious Arcs before this after the porori hen and because if that the episode was really under a lot of pressure and I think it was just ok,the animation quality dropped at some parts, the pacing was not at the usual gintama level and I think it will take me some time to get used to the opening, the hyped entrance of the yorozuya trio was also kinda eh and the exposition dump felt like a exposition dump but hasegawa was amazing, the ending was just beautiful and I know it's gintama so it will absolutely blow my mind later. So I will wait till the end of the series to give it a much higher score but currently it felt like a 7/10.
Jan 9, 2018 4:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was great when our 3 "heroes" appeared!!! cool!!!
Jan 9, 2018 4:09 AM
Aug 2014
When Gintoki got his terminal hit by Otae and Tama, he looks so familiar with the villain from Hero Academia.
That's what she said.
Jan 9, 2018 5:47 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode! One of best episode of gintama so far. It made me hyped! I hope this hype never decrease. References to old episodes always makes me emotional. Op and Ed are also perfect. Looking forward to next episode!
YorozuyaaaJan 9, 2018 6:09 AM
Jan 9, 2018 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
I don't want to end but such is life
Jan 9, 2018 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
Salamak said:

Those 3 will act in probably episode 5.

But you'll get action already in episode 3, though it's just a little clash. Episode 2 most likely will be focused on the shitty negotiation between Nobunobu and Shijaku.

I actually forget when was the first time Amanto came. But yeah it's probably 30 since they've been here since Gintoki born.
gilanggifari02Jan 9, 2018 10:41 AM

- Gintoki Sakata
Jan 9, 2018 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Orion_Gospel said:

March 2018 if it's 74 Volumes, May or June 2018 if it's 75 Volumes
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 10:20 AM

Jul 2015
Salamak said:
gilanggifari02 said:

Episode 4 is when we are getting a full episode of action probably, but 8-10 is where it'll be at it's craziest
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Orion_Gospel said:

March 2018 if it's 74 Volumes, May or June 2018 if it's 75 Volumes

Thank you very much
Jan 9, 2018 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
I fucking love this opening! dunno why, it has that "little something" that makes it really awesome for moi
Jan 9, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
crystalblade13 said:

A little too spoilery here bro. You should probably edit/ delete the utsuro part, and maybe the enshou part.

My bad. I thought it wasn't that important. So it's safe to say that. I'm gonna edit it. Thanks for the advice.

- Gintoki Sakata
Jan 9, 2018 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
I am one of the many who complained about the previous season not being really good but Im glad the greatness is back
Jan 9, 2018 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
i read the manga but even i don't know who the guy with the black hair in the opening so can someone let me know? also who are the 2 women that appeared in the opening with their weird hair style ?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 9, 2018 1:18 PM
Aug 2014
its back sniff sniff ..
Jan 9, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
i read the manga but even i don't know who the guy with the black hair in the opening so can someone let me know? also who are the 2 women that appeared in the opening with their weird hair style ?
Jirocho's friend that died, and isn't that Shijaku and Enshou?
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 2:27 PM

Aug 2014

SenpaiJay98 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

but why suddenly include him?
Also I'm talking about the women not the men, the ones that were standing next to the detective.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 9, 2018 3:11 PM

Jul 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:

SenpaiJay98 said:

but why suddenly include him?
Also I'm talking about the women not the men, the ones that were standing next to the detective.
You'll see why(*cough* it's like a sequel to 4 Devas *cough*

and give me a time stamp for the 2 women in the opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rayHZiEJfXU
Sup...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

127 by tomoe22 »»
May 11, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 11, 2018

85 by tomoe22 »»
May 10, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.