Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 1, 2018 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
I actually enjoyed the episodic nature of this season, because we got to see some good character development. That's why I like S2 more than S1, but if there were to be a S3 (and I really hope so!), I'd like to see it follow a plot. S2's plentiful character development sets the stage well for a S3, so let's cross our fingers and hope for a third season!
Jan 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Dec 2009
And that's what happens when you mess with a member of Libra and Klaus gets angry.
Overall i liked this season better. The first one had a messy plot, so i like how instead they decided to focus on the members of libra since each of them is a very interesting character. I hope S3 follows the same formula and we get to see them in more over the top situations.
Jan 2, 2018 10:39 AM
Nov 2014
Joe_Baker said:
Does anyone know why Leonardo walked through that alley where those goons were?

He went there where to get his weapon and the bottle from the "thugs"

Jan 2, 2018 7:13 PM

Nov 2015
Season 3 please ! :( this season was really more like an episodic anime
the same as season 1 but season 1 more had more plots
and this season had an actual plot only in the lastest 2 episodes
of course the rest of the epiosdes were fun and we knew a lot about other characters and enjoyed seeing K.K and her family episode
but this way , this anime should be at least a 50 episodes anime , at least give us 2 cours in 1 go , not 12 episodes every 2 years .... but as long as there is another season , I'll wait
Jan 2, 2018 8:32 PM
Aug 2012
Nothing's perfect, but Kekkai Sensen is close enough
Jan 4, 2018 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
Outstanding season of Kekkai Sensen. So odd to see so many negative reviews on the front page. Yes, maybe the first season had more of a "plot" but the writing for said plot was definitely lacking in a few areas. I remember the final episode not being too great. And it didn't help that we had to wait 25 years for it too.

Again, what made this season so great was the constant focus on the side and minor characters. Chain and K.K. won big time this season. I love them. And behind it all, there was the plot with Leo and his sister, and the season ended on that note. Reminds me of Cowboy Bebop, in a way.

Trigun, Gungrave, and now Kekkai Sensen. Yasuhiro Nightow's a fucking legend.
Jan 5, 2018 6:06 AM

Dec 2015
Can someone tell me, what's the meaning of Leo message to Klaus when he trying to say that there is monster around his sister? the one "10-33" word.
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Jan 5, 2018 12:46 PM
Dec 2016
lisyaoran2009 said:
Can someone tell me, what's the meaning of Leo message to Klaus when he trying to say that there is monster around his sister? the one "10-33" word.

10-33
Emergency Radio Traffic (police code)
10-33
Help Me Quickly (police code)
Jan 5, 2018 3:52 PM

Jan 2018
I love this series a lot, 8/10
Jan 6, 2018 2:58 AM

Dec 2015
ZombieSlayerX41 said:
lisyaoran2009 said:

10-33
Emergency Radio Traffic (police code)
10-33
Help Me Quickly (police code)

Ohhh, now I get it, thank you :D
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Jan 6, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
Everything worked out in the end, I am glad Leo and Michella are ok.
Jan 6, 2018 4:27 PM
May 2015
Does anybody know the song that was playing why Leo was fighting the boss on his own?
Jan 6, 2018 4:36 PM
Dec 2016
ThatDudeX5 said:
Does anybody know the song that was playing why Leo was fighting the boss on his own?

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond OST: TORTOISE KNIGHT feat. Ai Ninomiya.
Jan 6, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
Finally the the protagonist gets his moment in the finale as expected. Leo was almost a side character in the middle of the series and he sometimes not even enough screen time. I must say the first season was better than this one but I loved this one because it focused to side characters more. Although I felt it neglected its objective, was so fast paced you sometime don't keep up and it felt like specials put to together or like filler episodes.

I don't know, I am stuck between an 8 and a 7. Be biased because of enjoyment or be critical? What to do?

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 7, 2018 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
That walk of Libra....
Damn, that was epic. TT^TT
Jan 7, 2018 2:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So satisfying to see Leo stand up for himself, something he struggled with a majority of the season. He was totally badass against that guy. His relationship with Michella is a really special one. But when the entire crew came in to finish that guy off, holy shit was that badass. The ultimate sign of friendship right there.

I really adore this series, I think it's so fun and unique. Its music is stellar and the backdrops are beautiful.

This season did a terrific job giving the other characters the spotlight. It gave us a richer overall experience now that we understand these characters better. We know about who they are, where they came from, what they bring to the table with their powers, and what their upbringing was. This may even enhance the re-watching of the first season now that we know a lot more info about the group.

Excellent season overall. This is a very special series, and I hope one day we can experience some more insane fun with Leo and the gang. 9/10
Jan 7, 2018 7:09 PM
May 2015
ZombieSlayerX41 said:
ThatDudeX5 said:

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond OST: TORTOISE KNIGHT feat. Ai Ninomiya.

Thanks for the info
Jan 14, 2018 7:53 AM

Mar 2017
a great and well-animated fight, also props to Leo for confronting the enemy on his own.

overall this season barely advanced the plot, but it is nice to have an insight on the Libra members' daily lives. needs more Zapp though 7/10
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 14, 2018 10:47 PM

Oct 2017
This episode felt too short, I wanted for it to go on... Still, it was so good. So many feelings at once, from one moment to the next. I have to rewatch this season all over again. I love this damn show and all of its crazy chars sfm. Also the Klaus x Leo moments this season were so gooooood.
Jan 15, 2018 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
Ayeee, what an awesome final episode. This season was so much better compared to the previous one. Hopefully not the last. 9/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 18, 2018 1:44 PM
Dec 2016
I will hope and wait for next season, I really like the characters. Though I wish there was a lot more information regarding the eyes. I also wonder what Leo officially looked like with his eyes open before getting the all seeing eyes
Jan 19, 2018 7:42 AM

Jun 2012
Just finished and enjoyed, I hope the series gets a complete adaptation some day. I want to know how Leonardo's story ends (and I sure hope for a happy ending with him recovering Michela's sight).
Jan 20, 2018 11:44 AM
Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Does anyone know the name of the OST when the guys showed up at the end? Also the season was very good tbh,8/10.

maybe tortoise knight or white beyond? i just thought it is since it appears in the credit. dunno if its true or not
Harukei_bMasterJan 20, 2018 12:05 PM
Jan 23, 2018 1:03 AM

Jul 2016
lihle808 said:
Finally the the protagonist gets his moment in the finale as expected. Leo was almost a side character in the middle of the series and he sometimes not even enough screen time. I must say the first season was better than this one but I loved this one because it focused to side characters more. Although I felt it neglected its objective, was so fast paced you sometime don't keep up and it felt like specials put to together or like filler episodes.

I don't know, I am stuck between an 8 and a 7. Be biased because of enjoyment or be critical? What to do?

There is no real protagonist to this series from what I can tell.

The story is told through Leo alot but mostly deals with all the characters fairly evenly.
Jan 23, 2018 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this ending! I prefered the new season and the style it went with even if they were just short tales. If I had an problems, I guess I miss the old ED and OP?
Jan 25, 2018 6:23 AM

Mar 2015
I'm glad the Libra gang eventually came to Leo's rescue! This was definitely something he could not overcome alone but it was nice to see his shounenly determination!

10/10, please please please give us a third season!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 3, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn amazing episode! Really intense and what an ending! Quite loved this second season as well to be honest.

So all in all a pretty good watch!
Feb 10, 2018 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
Quite the surprising finale.

Honestly, I don't remember much about the first season, story-wise, besides some of the characters. But this second season has been fun to watch. Especially getting to know more about the other characters in Libra. Liked the episodic format too, and the bits and pieces in between that led to the storyline at the end.

Whatever changes happened in production between the first and second season was probably the right decision.
Feb 11, 2018 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
I wasn't too thrilled about the episodic approach to this season but this episode totally made me overlook that. That fight scene in the room with Tortoise Knight playing was superb!
Feb 16, 2018 3:17 PM

May 2009
I think it's great many people received the new season pretty good. Personally it was a big disappointment for me.

I genuinly love the basic setting of the anime including the characters and the story they seem to be first going for (the story of s1), and the last two episodes of this season. However it disappoints me so much that they fill every episode with just background stories and other random stories of people within the city. So the biggest let down for me is that they don't do anything about the story, until episode 11. In my opinion episode 11 could have been episode 3 and they could've worked their way by telling background stories AND focus on story at the same time.

Since the overall enjoyment isn't bad and I do genuinly love aspects of this anime it's a 5/10. However if there will ever be a season 3 I am not going to watch it. After two seasons it's clear to me it is not going to live up to what I was hoping for.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 16, 2018 6:28 PM
Jun 2016
It was amazing great finale,resolve and a memorizing ending. I love it!!!
Feb 24, 2018 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Overall this season was great. No boring arc like in first seson, just fun one-episode stories. Ending was weak, just the scene where Klaus destroyed the bad guy was awesome. But Klaus destroing bad guys is always awesome!
Cool anime, cool characters. I want more of their adventures!
Mar 1, 2018 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
I definitely preferred this season to the first one. There was something more authentic-feeling to it when it was episodic compared to the awkward plot of the first season, perhaps because this season is more like how the original manga was written ((or so I've been told)). I kinda want to read the manga now. Episodic character arcs are very digestible to me and I can take it in small portions.

I give it an 8/10. Really like the characters, the music and the animation was good even by Bones' standards. I still can't figure out why any regular person would want to live in this city, though, lol...
Oct 1, 2018 5:34 AM

Jan 2017
Ah. The ost always amazes me. That was one of the reason why I fell in love with Kekkai Sensen. This was one great ending especially the part where the whole Libra fam showed up to save Leo. Im gonna miss this series
Sorry for my English.
Oct 20, 2018 9:28 PM
Jun 2016
I gave season 1 a 10/10 but season two is a colossal jump up. Leo reacting and not thinking in order to protect his sister it really made him feel human and relatable. It was also a GREAT character growth moment. He had no clue the others where coming back so in his mind he had to beat this monster on his own. Not to mention how much Sonic helped in the previous episode. And the speech Klous gave on top of the hint of Whites spirit landing on Leos hand was so emotionally driven. Overall both seasons get a 10/10 they are both just done right.
Feb 20, 2019 7:21 PM

Mar 2015
I can't believe there are people saying this season was way better than the first one, the first one had personality, this season was just following what the show is and trying to replicate, it lacks the spice that made the first season truly unique.

It's not that it's bad(or terrible) and i'm not saying you can't like this season more, but calling it better is just a disservice for what the first season is.
lezermanFeb 20, 2019 7:26 PM
Dec 22, 2019 9:41 AM

Sep 2018
Really excellent final episode in the plot, in the dialogues and in the action. Despite having reviewed this anime series for the second time, I would like to see it again, because it is too nice and funny, it never gets boring.

8/10
Feb 21, 2020 2:35 PM

Dec 2018
well the final arc was decent, thats all u can really say about this season or kekai sensen as a whole
Jul 23, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
Impressed by Tortoise knight Leo this episode, dealing with that bastard as long as he could without backing down. Great sequel, don't mind the episodic structure without any main plot (unlike S1 with the anime-only plot) because of the entertaining crazy events each episode. My only big complaint would be that that the best character Sonic deserved his own episode.

Sep 8, 2020 4:47 PM

Mar 2020
Black should ask Leonardo for advice on how to hide his money
Oct 21, 2020 3:22 PM
Apr 2020
Achei um final excelente, a trilha sonora estava épica e emocionante.Leo finalmente teve seu momento de brilhar e isso foi foda, e a libra vindo salvar ele tbm foi épico, a animação tbm estava boa. Nota 10/10
Dec 1, 2020 6:58 AM
Nov 2020
No words, Just amazing...soundtrack, animation, all.
Dec 31, 2020 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
If anything deserves a new series its this. One of the best shows I binged this year!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 31, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2018
nice ending. I thought that Leo would have turned into minced meat after getting stabbed that many times xD nice that all his nakamas turned up to save him. 6/10 again
May 25, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2018
Ok, this was just incredible.
I don't really care if the plot didn't move forward that much, the slice-of-life feeling in Kekkai Sensen feels better than the story itself (if that makes sense).
The ending gave me goosebumps, I had tears in my ears (happy tears xD).
Everyone came to save Leo, that moment gave me a heart attack.
I love how fucking furious Klaus was went he heard that Leo is in danger. He's a real man. Every character in Kekkai Sensen is likeable, you can't hate them. They're funny, friendly, strong and amazing.
Last episode had a lot of impact on me and this made me love Kekkai Sensen even more!

This scene was fantastic!

Goodbye! (season 3 please)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 17, 2021 1:13 AM

May 2020
Pretty good season, I certainly liked it more than the first one. My only complaint is that Femt's antics would have been in perfect sync with the episodic nature of this season, but he was only in two episodes, and that also for like 2 minutes. 9/10

"I'd rather my heart stopped than lose what's most important to me.
Even when I'm old and my spine is bent...my soul's got to be straight." - Gintoki

Nov 9, 2021 8:54 AM
Jun 2021
https://youtu.be/9htj34c7-bg

JUST WANTED TO LEAVE THIS VIBE HERE!
Nov 26, 2021 1:47 PM

Mar 2019
I'll have to say this, this season made me like Leo more, especially this last episode. He was great, Sonic as well, that one scene was so nice and touching in a way. Also the ending was so hype, the way all of them just appeared there.

It's an ok finale, can't complain, but as much as I don't like filler/original stuff in a manga adaptation, the first season's ending was still better, I liked White a lot and the King of Despair was badass.

Also Femt had more screentime which is the weirdest thing in season 2. Where was Femt??? He appeared in the opening for quite a long time, but he was nowhere to be seen in this season and that was one thing I wanted them to focus on more in season 2 because Femt sounds really intriguing, a thought I got from his talk with Leo in the last season.

But I'll say this, the other episodes focusing on the side characters were such a good addition. Mainly the KK one, that ending was amazing. ALSO MORE FOCUS ON STEVEN!!! He's so fucking badass, I love him.

So all in all, a good season, just couldn't get that ending feeling I got from season 1.
Alex_TheForestNov 26, 2021 1:51 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 6, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2021
So honestly I was not the biggest fan of this season but this one episode changed all of that. Holy cow. I felt this episode deep down. When they all busted in to save Leo it was that cheesy gitty feeling you sometimes get watching Disney movies but so genuine and pure. Was really hoping White was going to make an appearance at some point this season since she is in the intro and when the flashback occurred was so hopeful (sigh). If the whole season was like this episode I would probably give it a 8 or even a 9
Aug 25, 2022 1:15 AM

Dec 2018
definitely worth the frustration of the last episode. The reasoning behind the tortoise knight was emotional. last few minutes were great until the weird insertion of black. even though i did like black/white. sad there's no season 3 guess i'll read the manga.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.