Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 30, 2017 7:33 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Music with the rain!!
Dec 5, 2017 6:25 AM

Feb 2014
This episode reminded me a lot of Kino's Journey (the old one) for some reason. Probably because of the echoey sound design and all those ripple visuals. And yeah, this was also the most iyashikei episode so far.

And more world building. A "forest" of metal beams, and buildings built on tall platforms and without any doors and window shutters/panes.
Dec 13, 2017 12:59 PM
Jul 2013
Smudy said:
The sound design in this episode was on another level, really fantastic.

During the ''imagining a real home'' scene and especially in the rain sequence, gave me goosebumps.

This episode further how these two despite the horrible circumstances make the best out of their situation and even find happiness in little things like the rain. I guess that's what's happening when you literally have nothing but yourselves.

Exactly.
I love how simplistic, yet deep this show is. How it makes you stop and think about most basic things and ideas, which we are taking for granted, like house or music in this episode. And what I love about anime in general, it enables you to portray human interactions in most unthinkable and bizarre situations.
Dec 15, 2017 12:43 AM

Feb 2013
The song at the end was so amazing! I'm so happy I picked this show up, yet so sad that it even took me this long to watch it. Great episode.
Dec 19, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
"I bet a lotta people used to live here." I bet they all got evacuated during the war, considering Chito and Yuuri didn't stumble upon any decayed corpses in their exploration.

The stock sound effects of children laughing while Chito and Yuuri started to take a nap kinda freaked me out. The fact that these happy images/sounds are even subconsciously in their brains seems to suggest that there was once a much happier time for them, even if they've always lived during the war. Things have only recently gotten much worse.

Chito dreamed about a giant Yuuri...dream symbolism would suggest that Chito sees Yuuri as being inferior or having more power than she does. This doesn't really connect with the rest of their relationship, though, considering Chito is clearly the leader. Perhaps Chito envies Yuuri's innocence/naive nature about the world since she isn't able to read or write?

"To dream of being eaten alive, represents a part of you or your life that you wish would leave you alone and stop creating a nuisance.

It may also mean that your actions are disconnected from your emotions." I don't really think that Chito feels that Yuuri should leave her alone, even if she is a nuisance. It's possible that her actions have become disconnected from her emotions in all their time traveling—perhaps she's unable to recognize her own emotions at all.

"Ooh, sounds cool! Maybe it's empty inside, too?" Yuuri is the master roaster...though she's not really one to talk.

"Hey, Chi, was the world always like this?" "Yeah..." Uh, you mean no?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 26, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2012
What a lovely episode, especially liked that ending! Looking forwards to the next one.
Dec 30, 2017 7:51 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lovely ending there, series is really good in making you sync with its relaxing pacing!
Jan 6, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
I finally get it, through their eyes this series is showing us that we shouldn't take things as granted, that we should appreciate whatever luxury we have. We are actually happy to live in abundance and this series serves as a contrast to that fact.

The episode was very atmospheric, I like the part with empty appartment and the rain melody was also good, nice transition to the ED song.
Jan 8, 2018 10:22 AM

Mar 2012
Wasn't really a fan of the second half but the first part when they were in the apartment was neat. I find it odd that they have yet to find a single building which contained food though or at least seemed like it used to be some sort supermarket.
Feb 5, 2018 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Rain is something fantastic. <3
Another very valid episode, the narration and the vicissitudes that go through the protagonists, almost make me love the era in which I live, and the house I have. The new ending is very beautiful. What a strange dream that Chito does.
Feb 15, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
One of the best solitary episodes of any anime from 2017. Both half were done incredibly well. I am wondering how this anime went under my radar. If it wasn't for my brother recommending it for me, this would have gone unnoticed!

The sound of rain was amazing. It's not the sound, it's the first time the girls understanding what music is! <3

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2018 9:18 PM

Mar 2015
A nice episode, just them going through the motions as they continue to search for.. something.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 6, 2018 8:10 PM

Jan 2018
This show is surprisingly consistent on its emphasis of the theme of vastness.
I think every episode has several long shots of the empty landscape.

This episode hits home for me (no pun intended). When Yuu and Chi sat in their chairs proclaiming the things they want to have reminded me of when I used to live by myself in a small apartment, dreaming about what I would have if I made better income and lived in a nice house. But to actually have a roof over your head in the first place is miles better than the miscellaneous objects that you don't have.

Damn it. Fish Yuu has to be the funniest shit ever! xD

Some primitive Jenga and music they've just made.
Just a normal episode with plenty of cute and funny moments. I'm satisfied.
BofthreeMay 6, 2018 8:15 PM

Aug 22, 2018 1:21 PM

Mar 2018
I really loved the "House" part, that imaginated reality was gorgeous <3
Jan 17, 2020 6:09 PM

Nov 2017
My word, that rain scene from beginning to end was off the chain
Jan 27, 2020 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
That's so random. Rain's music xD it's good though

erenmeiiJan 27, 2020 8:46 PM
Apr 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
cuteness overload from this episode :)

Apr 25, 2020 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
I kind of felt sad when they imagining building their home. And I like how the sound of the rain transition to the song

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

May 12, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2015
Yuu eat rocks too. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 14, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
i feel like there are times where this anime fails to portray the lonesome, melancholic, depressing vibe of the original manga. Or sometimes, it's not as impactful as it was in the original manga.
Aug 30, 2020 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
It's a relaxing episode, watching them sleep make me sleepppy too.
Wasn't paying attention, was the previous ED also is ้›จใ ใ‚ŒใฎๆญŒ๏ผŸ
Nov 23, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2018
The dream home part was so good seeing what they both wanted in their house. Ngl that beat with the raindrops was nice. I loved how Chi shoved a rock in Yuuri's mouth when she was dreaming about food xD
KarsaaaNov 23, 2020 1:56 PM
Mar 23, 2021 2:47 PM

Jan 2020
Favorite episode so far.
Felt bad for Chi & Yuu when they where imagining how their house would look like.
Really loved watching those rain scenes ~
I have a thing for rain in general, so I tend to favorite episodes with any rain included more than other anime episodes.
I also really loved that rain song~

5/5
3099Mar 23, 2021 2:50 PM
Apr 21, 2022 2:28 PM
Nov 2020
I like how it looked like they were in a forest but those were just metal bars. Very artistic
May 2, 2022 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
RU RU RU RU RU RU RU RU RU
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ
Nov 17, 2022 6:13 PM

Oct 2022
Yuu is unnaturally smug and cute in this episode. That dream sequence was pretty trippy too

The part of the house got me real depressed, poor girls have nothing, they've known no comfort in their lives and are now traveling a barren wasteland of a world, it got me all teared up when Chii says that if they stay they would starve.

Nov 30, 2022 10:23 PM

Jan 2010

Thinking about it, the architecture of this city reminds me of brutalism, particularly with the exposed, unpainted geometric concrete buildings and both electrical and plumbing elements placed in the open, seemingly out of pure utilitarian purposes. It's interesting to see Yuu and Chi talk about what their ideal home would be like. They remember having a home in the past, but they don't seem to think much of it. Their dream home seems to also be based on simplistic needs rather than luxuries, wishing for beds, shelves, and ample supplies of food. Still, with how sprawling, deserted and decrepit the buildings are, it looks more like an Escher painting from afar than an actual city. It's actually kind of strange how the buildings are at times orthogonal and modular, while from afar the city itself has irregular grids with buildings twisting and turning with almost random orientations.

Speaking of paintings, Chi's dream reminded me of an animated painting. I liked how surreal the dream sequence felt, and it does give some insight into what lingers in Chi's subconscious. That being said, it mostly consists of recent events and Yuu.

The last segment of this episode, The Sound of Rain, was perhaps my favorite sequence in the show thus far, and is possibly the best scene in anime I've witnessed in a long, long time. The girls traveled through an area full of steel beams planted into the ground, already making for a cold, mysterious, surreal, and yet fascinating setting. I have no idea how this area came to be, where the steel beams came from, or how they ended up planted the way they were. Nonetheless, the whole sequence was silent sans the sound of rain, and to fill the empty air, the girls discover that placing various objects underneath dripping water makes varying sounds. They unintentionally created music, and that same music transitions into the ED theme sung by the girls' seiyuu. That was so beautifully shot, and the scene absolutely captures the core of the series: two girls exploring an empty world left behind by humanity's last dregs, and watching them fill that empty world with their own colorful antics. That was amazing, I absolutely loved it.
Jan 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2010
I feel like I was high on some shrooms, maybe cause I am. Anyways damn I feel like i've had those same dreams.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 3, 2023 5:01 PM
Jun 2023
ะฐั‚ะผะพัั„ะตั€ะฝะพ, ะดัƒัˆะตะฒะฝะพ, ะฝะพ ะฟั€ะธ ัั‚ะพะผ ะฝะต ัะบัƒั‡ะฝะพ
Aug 23, 2023 6:35 AM
Mar 2023
muy relajante el asmr
Feb 22, 8:35 AM
Sep 2023
I'm loving this series anyway. I mean, they are interpretating the drops from the rain falling to food cans as music, is so nice how they even get relax with music and also the part where Chito is dreaming, I see how funny it is seeing Yuuri as a fish
Mar 27, 1:48 AM
Oct 2019
This episode felt so relaxing and chill.

The sound of the rain in the end definitely healing me.
May 11, 8:35 PM
Dec 2018
That ending was so darn cute
Jun 8, 6:58 AM

Jul 2021
I ought to do that the next time it rains.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

237 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 8, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

126 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 8, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

106 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 8, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

169 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 8, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 8, 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.