Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 1, 2017 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Cuchuoi9728 said:
Does anyone notice that Sagiri's artworks bear a lot of similarities to Tiv's aka Masamune's revenge artist?

Yeah because its the same illustrator (TiV)
May 1, 2017 10:02 AM
Feb 2014
Thanks for clearing it up for me
May 1, 2017 11:38 AM
Oct 2010
Phlippy said:
This seems like it would make a good meme, I just can't think of anything funny right now

Like the good old classic: "You talkin' to me?" ?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 1, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
szympus11 said:

this scene gave me a choke

That scene made me cringe. HARD. HARDER THAN IT SHOULD'VE ACTUALLY.(Yes I needed the capital letters to stress the cringe-worthy level)

If Elf didn't shred her papers we all know who would've won that challenge but MC has to win because plot said so(rather than skill of the writer).

Is he f**king serious at the end!?!?!?! Who else could his Little Sister be in love with!?!? WHY THE HELL IS HE SO DAMN DENSE IN THE HEAD!?!? 3/5. Pure Stupidity at it's finest.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 1, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
JoshAnimeNoob said:
Mich666 said:
Am I the only one who favors Yamada?

Anyway, the misunderstanding cliche gets old pretty fast and wannabe touching conversation towards the end didn't work either, not to mention the another cliche when his book turns into this anime but at least the first half of the episode was good.

Don't worry you are not alone in the sea of ships.
We will sail until the end, no matter how painful it is.

Elf Yamada right? I don't pay attention to last names. But I too favor her over his sister.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 1, 2017 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
JoshAnimeNoob said:
Mich666 said:
Am I the only one who favors Yamada?

Anyway, the misunderstanding cliche gets old pretty fast and wannabe touching conversation towards the end didn't work either, not to mention the another cliche when his book turns into this anime but at least the first half of the episode was good.

Don't worry you are not alone in the sea of ships.
We will sail until the end, no matter how painful it is.

I'm in that ship too so far. Elf is more interesting than shut in sister that can draw well, and this arc proved it imo. I enjoyed the antics between them, when they were writing their stories. Ofc MC had to write a 300 pages love letter about his sister, so he won by default according to the author.
Sagiri is cute and all, but the inability to move from her room/house could be detrimental in the long run, if they don't find new ways to keep the watchers' attention.
May 1, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
I'm enjoying so much Yamada, she is so nice.
Sagiri improved so much!
That ending...you're brothers dude xD wtf I bet she will say his name xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 1, 2017 7:00 PM
Apr 2017
Well, sagiri's surely cute AF in this episode. I really liked how she confessed infront of her Oni-chan like that... It gave me chills when i heard that, but when i summarized it, i think she's referring to masamune. Still, this anime is Cute AF and i'll be adding her to my waifu collection 😂
May 2, 2017 1:41 AM

May 2016
LordFye said:
I almost dropped it, but I'm glad I didn't.

Same, I actually dropped it then decided to watch the next episode and it's starting to warm up to me.

I still find the mistreat my brother who takes care of me bs annoying but I get that's their concept and I'm starting to find Sagiri tolerable (not going to deny that her character is cute). Plus Yamada-sensei is hilarious so far my favourite character in the show! :D
May 2, 2017 2:32 AM
Apr 2017
flannan said:
Lelouch0202 said:
It'd be hilarious if the story Masamune ends up writing is Oreimo. XD

How about him writing Eromanga-sensei, for maximum mind screw?

Pretty much what I was thinking, what if we are watching the adaptation of his work right now ?
May 2, 2017 8:42 AM

May 2016
I wonder whom she loves .....
May 2, 2017 8:52 AM
Sep 2016
Expecting incest but please dont cross the line, i think this anime still has high possiblites and can succeed this summer anime season
May 2, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
this whole sibling/neighbor rivalry could've been finished in one episode, i hope it gets to real plot soon
May 2, 2017 3:29 PM

Nov 2015
I'm loving this so far, the only problem is that they're obviously going for incest like oreimo
May 2, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2017
Elf is best girl but we all know he is gonna end up with Sagiri.
May 2, 2017 11:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Love letter of 300 paper pages :)
May 3, 2017 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
Guess I should get out now before
May 3, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2016
KumokoHime said:
The more i watch, the more i ask myself what am i doing with my life.

Siggggghhhhhh same. Started watching 'cause I knew it was gonna be horrible but it's getting hard to continue.
May 3, 2017 10:25 AM
Apr 2017
I just don't understand where she's getting her things, panties and guns and stuff? She never leaves her room, so she can't be physically shopping, but he's the only person who brings her things so he'd notice boxes being delivered. Does she sneak out? Maybe she has a whole other life
May 3, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2014
Elf is getting surprisingly interesting. I like her development.
The manuscript reading scene would be perfect if not that "I'm in love with someone". Seriously, that's just cheap.
May 3, 2017 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
Terkhev said:
Elf is getting surprisingly interesting. I like her development.
The manuscript reading scene would be perfect if not that "I'm in love with someone". Seriously, that's just cheap.

I agree... the ending of that was quite a giveaway, well we I think most of us knows how it will end so, yeah...

More Elf-sensei cuteness might just let me ship her... :(
May 4, 2017 11:51 AM

Nov 2015
I like how big of a turning point this episode is..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 4:23 PM

Dec 2013
1:1 OreImo.
It was fun at first, but now... Welp, I'm not gonna drop it... Not just yet, that is. Srsly, give me my comedy back. That "development" sux donkey balls.

just lol
May 4, 2017 6:23 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Oh goooooood, Sagiri is such a little knockout <3

Why can't she blood related? Why why why why why why why why did they have to pull that not-blood related crap? :V

The comparisons to OreImo are obvious and goes without saying at this point, but I still dig it quite a bit. Still, I have little doubt that OreImo is going to be the better of the two, which is sad to have at the forefront of my mind every episode since I've taken a great interest in the adventures of Masamune and Sagiri, week after week. Masamune's kindness and care for Sagiri never strikes me as ingeniune and can create some incredible sweet moments...but even then, nothing it does just seems as good as OreImo. It always seems stuck in its shadow, I guess would be a way to put it.

And like, I hate looking at this and seeing nothing but an inferior OreImo - which, to me, are incredibly huge shoes it's being asked to fill ._. And it's still great and it captures the feel and essence of the sort of thing that made me love OreImo as much as I do so well, but...gah. It's just impossible not to compare to OreImo and OreImo just hits all of the right notes much more in key than Eromanga does, even if Eromanga is great in of itself ._.

All of that aside, the end bit was so sweet. I loved it I loved it I loved it. It was my second favorite part of the episode, past Sagiri's little body exploration bit xP

May 4, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2010
then Oreimo is based on the light novel of this Masamune?
May 6, 2017 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
WOW! This was a very good episode! especially the last part!
5/5.

May 6, 2017 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
Idk how he can misunderstand what was pretty much a confession, but hey, we gotta keep the story going somehow I guess :/

Great episode though. I'm a sucker for those really emotionally happy scenes like the one at the end 😋
May 6, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
May 6, 2017 10:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Elf had her time to shine last episode by being naked, Sagiri steps up this episode.
Very nice episode. Funny how Yamado shreds them 300 pages lol
If you saved your work, just reprint.

Anyway, best episode imo. This show is good. Sagiri and Yamado cutest two of the show.

May 7, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
Sagiri is painfully moe.

Lelouch0202 said:
It'd be hilarious if the story Masamune ends up writing is Oreimo. XD
Lol, right?
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 12, 2017 2:31 AM
Jan 2014
News: "Eromanga-sensei Volume 9: Sagiri’s Newlywed Life"

Link: https://magnavalon.wordpress.com/2017/05/12/eromanga-sensei-volume-9-sagiris-newlywed-life/#comment-1392

My Reaction:

OOOOOMGGGGG!!! HOLY SHIT!!!.... Tuskasa... you are evil! motherfucker! EVIL! I KILL YOU! xD

I believed all this time that Sagiri and Masamune could be happy!
I was even happy thinking about the children they would have and how they would call them! but no!

Tsukasa you had to be such a son of a bitch to after all... xD
May 12, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2012
Manaban said:
Oh goooooood, Sagiri is such a little knockout <3

Why can't she blood related? Why why why why why why why why did they have to pull that not-blood related crap? :V

The comparisons to OreImo are obvious and goes without saying at this point, but I still dig it quite a bit. Still, I have little doubt that OreImo is going to be the better of the two, which is sad to have at the forefront of my mind every episode since I've taken a great interest in the adventures of Masamune and Sagiri, week after week. Masamune's kindness and care for Sagiri never strikes me as ingeniune and can create some incredible sweet moments...but even then, nothing it does just seems as good as OreImo. It always seems stuck in its shadow, I guess would be a way to put it.

And like, I hate looking at this and seeing nothing but an inferior OreImo - which, to me, are incredibly huge shoes it's being asked to fill ._. And it's still great and it captures the feel and essence of the sort of thing that made me love OreImo as much as I do so well, but...gah. It's just impossible not to compare to OreImo and OreImo just hits all of the right notes much more in key than Eromanga does, even if Eromanga is great in of itself ._.

All of that aside, the end bit was so sweet. I loved it I loved it I loved it. It was my second favorite part of the episode, past Sagiri's little body exploration bit xP

Im having a lot of fun with Eromanga Sensei but unfortunately just by the 5 episodes we have gotten I think its essentially impossible to argue this is better then Oreimo. There is nothing Eromanga Sensei could do to repair the damage done by the first 5 episodes. Now I say that not hating the show, im a fan and I even plan on buying all the blu-ray volumes but Oreimo is an amazingly well written show up until a bit past half of the second season where it jumps the shark which was such a shame.

The show is pretty much running on shock value as it stands right now. Its trying to grab what slap stick comedic moments it can while giving some controversial but very much appreciated by those into it fan service of Sagiri. Oreimo was a bit more genuine with its content and you kept watching to see what was going to happen next between the characters. In Eromanga, is anyone really wondering whats next in the story? I think most people are tuning in to see how far they are going to go with the fan service, what crazy scenario is going to play out with Elf, how cute is Sagiri going to act, etc.

I dont want to sound too hard on the show, but so far it just seems like they went full throttle 100% moe and left everything else out. In Oreimo the side girls had actual development and could be considered actual characters. So far in Eromanga they just come out the gate outlandish.
May 14, 2017 12:47 PM

May 2010
AWWWW Sagiri is the cutest! If Kirino was in the same position she would just cry in a corner, fight with everyone and shout at him, and Sagiri does everything she can to improve herself so her nii-san stays with her, how great is that <3
May 14, 2017 6:09 PM

Jan 2017
DoctorWasabi said:
that bikini scene tho with Sagiri ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And I was still recovering from the piano scene last episode! DX
May 14, 2017 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
AWWWW Sagiri is the cutest! If Kirino was in the same position she would just cry in a corner, fight with everyone and shout at him, and Sagiri does everything she can to improve herself so her nii-san stays with her, how great is that <3

Kirino is like 90% tsun, and 10% dere Kitsu. tbh she is alot more realistic than Sagiri who is pretty much created to be moe AF.
May 14, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2012
DoctorWasabi said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Kirino is like 90% tsun, and 10% dere Kitsu. tbh she is alot more realistic than Sagiri who is pretty much created to be moe AF.

Yea the author made the exact same setup in Eromanga Sensei as he did with Oreimo, the difference being this one just went bonkers while Oreimo was much tamer and far more realistic. I guess its technically not a bad route to take but I think most people will just see it as lazy writing which it feels like to a degree.
Jun 4, 2017 7:08 AM

Feb 2014
"I'm in love with someone."

Fucking hell. Quite possibly the laziest and most contrived way I've seen a conflict get introduced in any anime. Even braindead borderline hentai ecchi harems aren't this blatant.
Jun 8, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Developments like this are what often have the potential to 'make' an anime, serve as a satisfying turning point for the no-longer-distant characters. But for some reason, this was not satisfying at all. it was no pay-off. I don't care that they are working together now: 1) because I don't care about the characters 2) because they already worked together up until now 3) the script he wrote is a vague mystery 4) melodramatic bullshit. Ugghhh it's doing that thing where it gets you a little bit hooked and not want to drop, so I probably will have to see what happens next ep.
Jun 16, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
I'm really curious what he wrote in that manuscript. I wish they would release it somewhere T-T
Jun 18, 2017 5:29 AM

Sep 2015
First off I really liked Elf pulling the all nighter. And then showing up in full fairy loli regalia trying to play it off like she wasn't just feverishly typing away. But god damn it so much stupid degenerate shit in this episode. I was a little aghast at the string panties fantasy. And the ending where he jumped through the window was unspeakably stupid. It was embarrassing writing when Masamune tried to play it off like it was at all reasonable for him to do. And so much stupid unearned shit in the plot as well. I guess they successfully copped out by not even describing the story. But how the hell did Yamada figure out the big mystery from one read? And my god that ending. Sagiri who has shown no clear interest in Masamune is suddenly craving his affection and super loving towards him. I can't with this show. But greater the fool am I for expecting anything from it when I've hated it from the beginning.
Jun 25, 2017 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
Nope NOPE. I'm out of here one of the worst misunderstanding cliche scenes in the history of anime, fuck this show.
Jun 25, 2017 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
And here is the misunderstanding.
Jun 26, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty lovely episode, and can't believe he actually "won"! Let's see what's next.
Jul 3, 2017 10:13 PM

Jan 2014
why her brother are so dense.
Aug 29, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
http://i.imgur.com/tsLsETA.jpg

HOT DAMN.

Also the 300+ love confession, and WHO DOES SHE LIEK?!?!?!? (intentionally spelled wrong)
Oct 20, 2017 4:59 AM
Jul 2017
Oh.... Uhmmmmmmmm.... Who???

Kokoro Connect <3
Nov 26, 2017 5:06 AM

Sep 2012
Masamune BAAKA that wasn't rejection when she said she is in love with some1 she meant u
AmnesiA-chan said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's obvious the guy Sagiri loves is her brother?
thebrentinator24 said:
AmnesiA-chan said:

Yeah that seems pretty obvious, especially since she's a shut-in and I'm pretty sure her brother is the only male she's ever interacted with. I can't think of anyone else she could fall in love with.

Anyway, that's a pretty big goal Izumi is setting for himself and Sagiri. Hopefully they can achieve it.
rsc-pl said:
AmnesiA-chan said:

Nope. You are not the only one.
I'm almost 100% sure that she meant him.

nope ur not alone in this

how can he not think she doesn't go out so only guy he sees & could have a thing for is Masamune ho dumb can he be not to realize something that obvious

i hope the misunderstanding gets cleared by the end of the season, if author doesn't want them to date right new he or she can just do it like make them prioritize their work for new so they can't date right away or can't date or so much at least they know cause i don't want to see NTR in future that soe1 else takes him when he still have her in hes heart like in another anime i so Asa got hurt cause MC had still Eba in hes heart & ended up braking her heart

Anathor said:
Didn't think he'd win, especially with a 300 pages love letter about his sister..
That casual confession at the end was so cute >.<

it was more then that it was hilarious that & when Elf said it to face by calling in love letter 😂

NatyTenshi said:
"A big brother doesn't think of lewd with his lil sister" "It won't turn me on" (ಠ_ರೃ)
"I'm in love with someone" Who it would be if doesn't Masamune? ◐.̃◐

That story of being half siblings not help at all. They can end together, they can't, who knows? lol

lol they are not half sibling they have no blood relations at all her mother just hooked up with hes father that's all

CaptainJumBo said:
Elf x Izumi ain't happening, author likes step/real incest end ups.

Here's why:

They did a huge mistake in the anime "Oreimo", so they're probably not going to do it again in this one.

Here's what they did wrong:

I mean there's a possibility for them to stay as step siblings in the end, but I really don't see that happening since they can be together legally without people judging them, with no problems.

So yeah the ending is pretty clear and dull, the build up towards it isn't though which is why personally, I keep watching.
HatsumiShinogu said:
CaptainJumBo said:
Elf x Izumi ain't happening, author likes step/real incest end ups.

Here's why:

They did a huge mistake in the anime "Oreimo", so they're probably not going to do it again in this one.

Here's what they did wrong:

I mean there's a possibility for them to stay as step siblings in the end, but I really don't see that happening since they can be together legally without people judging them, with no problems.

So yeah the ending is pretty clear and dull, the build up towards it isn't though which is why personally, I keep watching.

So you're saying that Kyousuke and Kirino weren't blood related but step siblings? This was never mentioned in the anime. How about the light novels which are the original source? Do they really turn out to be step siblings or just in the visual novel?

actually they mentioned it visually with flash back hes fathers wife brought her with her when they moved in there before she died it was show & MC voice explained if ppl didn't pay attention its their problem i knew from the start that Sagiri & Masamune are step siblings & became that in ferry late age teen age & i haven't read the LN

Xenlai said:
Man, Sagiri's so annoying. She's being locked in her room for so long ignoring her brother and now that she sees that another girl has taken interest in him tries to mess up his life.

well she just realized he loves him after reating this huge love letter
Sugram22Nov 26, 2017 5:45 AM
Dec 18, 2017 11:20 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm, this episode kind of bored me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 11, 2018 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
Okay, they crossed the line.
There is no way to go back boys!!
bonjour
Aug 9, 2018 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
If Elf Yamada-sensei fucks half as good as she cooks, she's harem material. She'd just have to not open her mouth unless prompted to.

Sagiri is still the worst, but Masamune is dense. "I'm in love with someone." "Oh, I see." That someone is you, idiot!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

168 by NiromR »»
May 8, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Loli_Enthusiast - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.