Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 15, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2009
Studios: GEMBA (no previous works) and Millepensee (did Teekyuu and the Wake Up Girls movies)

Who the fuck was in charge of this adaptation???
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 15, 2016 8:28 PM
Dec 2012
thepath said:
Another good epsiode. best one so far. Glad to see some of the old characters like Charlotte and her father.

Rekien said:
A new episode, yay

Soo far, the series pros/cons are:

Pros:
-Based on berserk

Cons:
-Everything else

It seems that you spend your time on analyzing the animation instead of enjoying the anime. I did not even see the image you posted when I were watching the OP, nobody is going to notice this one frame when playing the video.

Story is more important to me than visual/animation. I rather have good action story with bad visuals (I personally don't find Berserk visuals bad. I say it is average or acceptable) than having boring slice of life/school anime with ufotable visuals

They picked up one of the best mangas in all history(if not the best), with a god level of art and story....and shit all over it.
Why? because it would sell regardles, its berserk after all....Most fans are idiots who are fine with poor 3th rate animation, like you. The 'monsters' look like PS2 cutscnes, hell, the game they'll release have better CGI than this...Lets not forget the shitload of stuff, important character development stuff, that they left out.
Berserk as the legendary manga it is deserved much, much, much better than this garbage.
RekienJul 15, 2016 8:38 PM
Jul 15, 2016 8:43 PM

May 2015
RealCW said:
Hongu said:
So this is the big Rape Horse scene all the manga readers were hyping up? This is what constitutes as a good Berserk scene?
Stuff like this reminds me of why I haven't read the manga. It's so edgy and full of shock factor, I'm surprised more people aren't calling it out for it, since there's such a hatred towards that type of stuff nowadays. The scene came off as more hilarious than disturbing or shocking. I mean, a horse with a big fat grin raping a girl? Really?

You're letting a bias towards lesser works affect your mentality on a manga you've never once given a chance.

Berserk isn't about shock. It's a dark story and it needs these horror elements otherwise the story would have virtually no weight.

You can't judge a scene in this anime to represent the same tone as the manga. It's 17 volumes in, firstly (and you've been with Guts that entire time and know why he's tormented) and it comes off as genuine horror in the manga when that horse attempts to rape Farnese and then Guts immediately flashes back to the Eclipse and Casca.

You're judging apples and oranges here. Don't bring up the manga with criticism until you've actually read it, thanks.

Quetzaly said:

What a shame, I really liked the old Berserk anime but if the rest of the manga is like this I would rather pretend they all died in the eclipse day.

Don't go on this idiot's opinion alone, especially if you've never actually READ THE MANGA yourself (not just the first anime). He's in the extreme minority.

I haven't read the manga, never got the time before but I always considered it.

Does it maintains the quality of the first part? How much the fairy gets involved?
Jul 15, 2016 8:50 PM
Mar 2015
Rape HorseCLANG/10

Rape Horse helped a bit though, at least tells me they won't shy from material... once they actually stick to the canon material.
Jul 15, 2016 8:52 PM
Mar 2015
Quetzaly said:
RealCW said:

You're letting a bias towards lesser works affect your mentality on a manga you've never once given a chance.

Berserk isn't about shock. It's a dark story and it needs these horror elements otherwise the story would have virtually no weight.

You can't judge a scene in this anime to represent the same tone as the manga. It's 17 volumes in, firstly (and you've been with Guts that entire time and know why he's tormented) and it comes off as genuine horror in the manga when that horse attempts to rape Farnese and then Guts immediately flashes back to the Eclipse and Casca.

You're judging apples and oranges here. Don't bring up the manga with criticism until you've actually read it, thanks.

Don't go on this idiot's opinion alone, especially if you've never actually READ THE MANGA yourself (not just the first anime). He's in the extreme minority.

I haven't read the manga, never got the time before but I always considered it.

Does it maintains the quality of the first part? How much the fairy gets involved?

Honestly for me the manga is even better just after the Eclipse/Golden Age. The Lost Children arc (which this adaptation skipped) is my favorite, and the art/skipped scenes alone are worth it over this shit anime.
Jul 15, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
Oh man... Horse rape, horse rape.... What about the sword shit?!

That was awesome.
Jul 15, 2016 9:01 PM

Sep 2014
Punkero said:
They actually did the horse rape scene, I'm impressed.

So, anyone can explain me why the apostle became one in the first place and what happened to the girl? I didn't quite understand.
so basically the guy was a servant of the barron of the mansion. he had been taking care of the dogs. from his dialog it sounds like the dogs(and the girl) were the only things he really had in the world to the point that he had wished that he was one of them. A Behlit finds it's way to him somehow and he made the decision to sacrifice the thing he loved most in the world(the girl) to acheive his dream (to walk among the dogs) he may have sacrificed everyone else along with them? but sacrificing the girl falls more in line with how apostles are made. this is just going off of what we got..
Jul 15, 2016 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
damn the quality of the animation dropped so fast. its been only three eps so far
Jul 15, 2016 9:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Last episode was actually ok. This one is bad again. Sigh.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 15, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2009
More annoyed than I probably should be by the thought that some people, like a few in this thread, would be turned off of the manga because of this anime. They kind of touched on what makes the series so good, Farnese was decently handled as far as her arc goes, but.....and I'm sorry to bring it up, the way the characters are shown visually just undermines every thing. I did like the part where she was on the horse just a bit. The thing is Berserk as a manga is told so much through the art that what we get here is just....well, it just doesn't cut it.

I also think the rape horse scene was played too goofily. For all the people saying it was always kind of silly, maybe, but by that point in the manga we'd already encountered Wyald and the Eclipse so....there was a very real concern that Farnese was in danger.

The glimpses of flashbacks are nice, but man it'll never be as effective as a nearly 100 chapter story arc detailing Gut's time with the Band of the Hawk. It just won't.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2016 9:54 PM
Oct 2007
Ulquiorra said:
Those missing nipples annoyed me a lot.

Kind of strange the only time they bothered to draw them was when she was getting raped by donkey. This show continues to piss me off. Ugly animation, everything that isn't a fight scene seems so stiff and disjointed, it's like a bad movie tie in video game. And the sound effects. Metal on metal *sound guy hits clang macro* metal on dog flesh *macro again* metal on ghosts *more clang macro* I guess Farneses vagina has sound abosrbing properties. It is the only thing guts sword doesn't clang against.
Jul 15, 2016 10:09 PM
Oct 2010
Maloghurst said:
Punkero said:
They actually did the horse rape scene, I'm impressed.

So, anyone can explain me why the apostle became one in the first place and what happened to the girl? I didn't quite understand.
so basically the guy was a servant of the barron of the mansion. he had been taking care of the dogs. from his dialog it sounds like the dogs(and the girl) were the only things he really had in the world to the point that he had wished that he was one of them. A Behlit finds it's way to him somehow and he made the decision to sacrifice the thing he loved most in the world(the girl) to acheive his dream (to walk among the dogs) he may have sacrificed everyone else along with them? but sacrificing the girl falls more in line with how apostles are made. this is just going off of what we got..

Pretty much, I don't think he sacrificed anyone else though, they were just eaten.
Jul 15, 2016 10:12 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was freaking atrocious! I'm stunned, quite honestly. The direction of the series thus far as well as the animation continue to make me lose faith with this adaption, especially coming off of a solid episode two. Didn't have high hopes to begin with, but still, I expected A LOT more from such a lauded franchise to, at the very least, be competent. Woe is me...

And the whole "rape horse" bit was one of the single dumbest things I can recall seeing in anime. Just too try-hard and edgy and makes me wonder if the series' best moments are a thing of the past.
Jul 15, 2016 10:14 PM

Sep 2014
GD1551 said:
Maloghurst said:

Pretty much, I don't think he sacrificed anyone else though, they were just eaten.
yea, thinking on his dialogue i'm thinking dude took his own personal vendetta out on the nobleman himself.
Jul 15, 2016 10:18 PM

Sep 2014
Mr_Sassy_Pants said:
This episode was freaking atrocious! I'm stunned, quite honestly. The direction of the series thus far as well as the animation continue to make me lose faith with this adaption, especially coming off of a solid episode two. Didn't have high hopes to begin with, but still, I expected A LOT more from such a lauded franchise to, at the very least, be competent. Woe is me...

And the whole "rape horse" bit was one of the single dumbest things I can recall seeing in anime. Just too try-hard and edgy and makes me wonder if the series' best moments are a thing of the past.
it's really how they handled the rape horse. it was soo shoved in in this episode just ot make sure it's in there. in the manga it just felt in line with the rest of what was going on at the moment
Jul 15, 2016 10:41 PM

Aug 2015
Holy shit. The 2D parts looked worse than the 3D. Everything was cringe worthy. The art was worth defending for the previous 2 episodes but I have lost all hope now.

It seems some people are very easily appeased by some gore and edgy raping. It was executed so poorly it looked laughable rather than dark. It looked like a 10 year old took a frame by frame of the animation and traced over every 3rd frame, then they decided to air the 10 year old's tracings rather than the original scene. I am genuinely shocked at just how awful that looked.

But I can't drop this shit until I see Griffith's CGI appearance. Once that's done I'll finally have closure.
whitherJul 15, 2016 10:52 PM
Jul 16, 2016 1:23 AM

Apr 2010
The saltfest every week is pretty lol to read. As one user said earlier, most people are just looking for shit to complain about. Have fun with that guys.
Jul 16, 2016 1:51 AM
Mar 2015
DoctorGore said:
Oh man... Horse rape, horse rape.... What about the sword shit?!
That was awesome.

uh,that is very NSFW.
your not supposed to post that plainly here.
Jul 16, 2016 1:53 AM
Jan 2016
I can't tell if I'm just getting used to it or if they're actually improving on the whole faux-pencil shading thing.

That's... about the only good thing I can say about this episode, but hey, it's an improvement nonetheless!
Jul 16, 2016 2:01 AM
Apr 2015
Only way to rectify what I just witnessed is re-reading volume 17 with that epic hai-yo song.
Jul 16, 2016 2:39 AM

Sep 2008
At this point I don't even know why I'm bothering anymore.

There's not a single good, or hell, decent scene in the whole episode. These have been 3 episodes of suffering through horrendous cgi, horrible character looks and plot that either skips parts of makes up new ones.
Jul 16, 2016 2:47 AM

Jan 2011
i think they changed the script to put in some reference to the lord apostle and his daughter in the manga

the scene with them drawing swords can be done better
Jul 16, 2016 4:27 AM

Aug 2014
finally got past the anime in the manga. they really dragged this one out, if they just stuck with what the manga had it would be 5 minutes or less.
one thing i noticed; the nudity is pretty bad. if you don't want to show nipples and pubic hair, obscure them with shadows or use a different angle, then the one the manga used. this naked barbie dolls look pretty bad.
on the other hand; i really don't see why so many people complained about skipping. what was skipped was hardly important to the plot. i mean evil fairies is a pretty cool concept, but the arc had no real character development and hardly any plot progression. it just introduced lady farnese and her funky crusader bunch in the end, who i guess will be significant later on.
Jul 16, 2016 5:12 AM

Nov 2014
Damn i felt the animation was even more off this time. The way they showed farnese screaming while she was still riding the horse with guts, what? Only her mouth was open, no facial expressions whatsoever. This whole thing feels like its being done with a game engine.
Feel that the overall colour palette should be darker as well, the rape horse was done but they didnt manage to bring out the "rape", just felt like a joke.
Jul 16, 2016 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
Wow the 3D is so bad, it's impossible to enjoy these fights. It's so hard to understand what happens ...
Fortunately, the next episode looks better.
Jul 16, 2016 8:28 AM

May 2015
That sure was bloody and disturbing, but somehow I liked this episode more than the previous ones.

Jul 16, 2016 8:31 AM
Jun 2013
I don't care if Miura wrote this episode, I much prefer the nobleman and his daughter arc. I find it so much more engaging than this anime original. I even felt a slight sympathy for the nobleman at the end, but here, I felt nothing for the servant. Not to mention the flashbacks are literally flashes and it's hard to tell wtf is going on. It absolutely fail to garner sympathy not just for the apostle but also the little girl. And no nipples when Farnese is going to be half-naked the entire episode? Come on. I prefer they draw the nipples and put some kind of censorship so at least it makes sense instead of giving her a mannequin body. Attempted rape is ok, but not those nipples. Sigh, as a manga reader, just can't help but disappointed. at least next episode the priest arc will be straight from the manga.
mangacomicJul 16, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 16, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
Keeps getting better each episode imo...

The horse rape scene didn't feel as disturbing as it was in the manga but it could be because I expected it to happen. Also the sound effects of Guts sword cutting through those hounds were pretty amazing and brutal. I liked it a lot.

Still don't understand why they couldn't draw Farnese some nipples at least.
Jul 16, 2016 9:13 AM
Mar 2016
Had to pause a few good times in order to gather all of my strenght to keep watching further. After 30 minutes of excruciating pain, intense swearing and even (angry) laughter, I decided to drop the show and never look back in it's direction. Development's shit, story's almost shit, art and sound are, err... cringeworthy. If somebody asks about Berserk(2016) I'll just pretend I didn't hear the question. I'll just stick to the manga, thank you.
Jul 16, 2016 9:30 AM
Sep 2014
Teacher_Priest said:
The fight (and the apostle) was not that interesting, but all the rest was very good!
All of the extreme part like Rape horse were there!
When the blu-rays will come out will have a diferent feel with the uncensoring!

you didn't find the apostle interesting? i think every single one is; considering what they must have gone through to reach the point that they're willing to sacrifice whatever is most important to them. and Miura's writing is so good you know every one of them would be interesting.

the scenes with the father beating the shit out of him in front of the dogs, the daughter's head on the mantle, everything about it hit me pretty hard.
Jul 16, 2016 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
I actually am enjoying this show. I know it's skipping around quite a lot from the manga but I actually think the show isn't that bad. I've already gotten used to the 3d to 2d transitioning that seems to take place every couple seconds and the voice acting is at least top notch. As a huge Berserk fan I'm gonna watch it through even though I know it could be better.
Jul 16, 2016 11:05 AM
May 2016
This is was obnoxious.
Jul 16, 2016 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
This show reminds me a lot of the Zelda cdi cutscenes.
My Candies:
Jul 16, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
I just quickly watched all three episodes....yeah this show is a trainwreck. It is all over the place storywise and I only like Guts. We need more characters to play off Guts not named Puck.

I should drop this, but I won't because of how well respected and legendary Berserk is.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 16, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 2013
Ah, this Monster Dogs and monster Horse almost Violating Frasence scene.... I rember this from manga looked so awesome....and Gut's dark Brutality was cool....evenif they are tuning it down via 3d and GCI
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 16, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
So let me confirm something: It is okay to show a naked woman IF you don't decide to draw the nipple. Because lets be honest, her hair was way too short to cover her boobs.
Jul 16, 2016 5:31 PM

Mar 2016
I wonder if the home release will have nips
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jul 16, 2016 5:35 PM

Oct 2008
The animation is terrible.
But hey, it's Berserk, i'd watch it even as a powerpoint presentation.
Jul 16, 2016 6:58 PM

Dec 2014
My god, the horse's face was so full of derp.
Jul 16, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2014
Z6890 said:
So let me confirm something: It is okay to show a naked woman IF you don't decide to draw the nipple. Because lets be honest, her hair was way too short to cover her boobs.
uh it seemed fine when kill la kill did it.
Jul 16, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2015
ehem
Guts is a badass
i dislike Farnese
Serpico is quite interesting
Can we kill this little annoying elf please?
why no nipples?
horse scene was the most stupid think i saw this year
Jul 16, 2016 7:54 PM

May 2016
It's quite nice to see that she's into S&M. Farnese's titties could've used more consistency though (I need teh nipples). DerpHorse is one creepy mofo.

Dragonslayer's clanging is satisfying as always.

Jul 16, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Badass said:
Kerozinn said:
fuck me..they completely made up the whole Apostle in that mansion.

Well, Miura wrote this episode himself.

Really ????

Source news please
Jul 16, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
Shunaria said:
Really ????

Source news please

Reo Kurosu: Some of the material in the series will also be original, such as episode 3 which is completely original, written by Miura-sensei.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/07/15/feature-interview-with-berserk-producer-reo-kurosu
Jul 17, 2016 1:16 AM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre that Guts stabbing flesh sounds identical to Guts slashing skeletons?
Jul 17, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2014
Racaholic said:
Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre that Guts stabbing flesh sounds identical to Guts slashing skeletons?
Jul 17, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
OrangeJP said:
They actually animated the Rape Horse LOL

I couldn't stop laughing at the horse's face XD.

I am so glad i dropped this anime after only two episodes. Huge berserk fan here also but this is just a disgrace and i can't watch another single second with out my eyes bleeding.

Jul 17, 2016 5:25 AM
Jun 2009
Hongu said:
So this is the big Rape Horse scene all the manga readers were hyping up? This is what constitutes as a good Berserk scene?
Stuff like this reminds me of why I haven't read the manga. It's so edgy and full of shock factor, I'm surprised more people aren't calling it out for it, since there's such a hatred towards that type of stuff nowadays. The scene came off as more hilarious than disturbing or shocking. I mean, a horse with a big fat grin raping a girl? Really?

If this was a better adaptation then we couldnt give a damn about that scene but since the adaptation is so sad that the only scene worth waiting for is the rape horse.
Jul 17, 2016 6:00 AM

Jun 2016
As expected the CGI apostle looked horrible, but the worst thing about this episode was that they used CLANG for the goddamn spirits, the fact that they use the same metal on metal sound on everything, just shows how little effort they put into this piece of shit anime. This really pissed me off and disappointed me.
Jul 17, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2010
Honestly speaking, even though people bitching about the CGI, I really liked the previous movies. But this series is horrible. I thought as long as adaptation was faithful to manga and CGI wasn't lazy I would like it. But they even butchered the fight scenes, even though it is CGI, you can see skipping frames etc. I think I have to accept that Berserk will not get a decent anime adaptation and move on to reading manga.

The only think that is good is OST I think.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

990 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 7:28 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.