Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, they made a reference to the famous Rewrite MAD... wouldn't have expected that.
Jul 2, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

~~~

aaaaaaaaand its confirmed. the one that was in the fields is Chihaya (that derp tho)

Zayd__Jul 2, 2016 8:14 AM
Jul 2, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah a lot of derp throughout, but it's a trade off for nice nice fluid animation throughout I suppose..

So much was hinted at/outright shown. We even saw Terra Kagari attack Kotarou with Kotori nearby, though it's hard to tell whether what Kagari triggered was an active memory of this, or a deeply buried memory.

Also when Inoue pestered Kotarou about illegal enrollment, his reaction after she left made it seem like he was fully aware of his circumstances..The stream was laggy there so I'll have to wait and see, but I'm not sure what to think about that.
Jul 2, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
The five heroines during the monologue of first episode. They showed there routes for a second.
IshkotenJul 2, 2016 9:38 AM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 2, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
I especially love that last one pic :D
Jul 2, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Those 5 scenes are awesome
Jul 2, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2015
OMG THE TERRA ROUTE SCENE DOE.

It looked like that scene if from the bad ending of Terra cause she attacked Kotarou and stuff but man that was as awesome episode.
Jul 2, 2016 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
Amazing, it didn't felt rushed at all.

I LOVED THE KAGARI PART WITH THE COFFE OMG THAT WAS GREAT.

I'm digging the animation but the art is meh.

And it looks like we're getting Moon/Terra boys, my soul is ready.
Jul 2, 2016 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
Ishkoten said:
The five heroines during the monologue of first episode. They showed there routes for a second.

I just don't get that. I just don't know what they are trying to imply that they've showed those heroine route-specific scenes.

Jul 2, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
Tennouji said:
Ishkoten said:

I just don't get that. I just don't know what they are trying to imply that they've showed those heroine route-specific scenes.
Just a teaser I guess. Fits the narrative from our perspective if you consider the Moon Kotarou we saw to have 'seen' all those possible worlds. But for anime onlies it's nothing but a teaser, but depending on how much Moon they show they're going to figure it out.
Jul 2, 2016 10:27 AM

Sep 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
Tennouji said:

Just a teaser I guess. Fits the narrative from our perspective if you consider the Moon Kotarou we saw to have 'seen' all those possible worlds. But for anime onlies it's nothing but a teaser, but depending on how much Moon they show they're going to figure it out.

Yes I kinda get it's some sort of teaser just like in LB anime when Riki "remembered" the scenes of the heroine routes.

What I mean is, "will we be getting the routes or not?". I'm emotionally prepared that they won't but now I saw that, I feel I'm crying again.

Jul 2, 2016 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
Tennouji said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Yes I kinda get it's some sort of teaser just like in LB anime when Riki "remembered" the scenes of the heroine routes.

What I mean is, "will we be getting the routes or not?". I'm emotionally prepared that they won't but now I saw that, I feel I'm crying again.
No I get ya, but yeah I think it's just to tease the plot of Moon/Terra. Though I won't lie seeing it gave me hope for possible OVA heroine routes.
Jul 2, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
Tennouji said:

No I get ya, but yeah I think it's just to tease the plot of Moon/Terra. Though I won't lie seeing it gave me hope for possible OVA heroine routes.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Seriously seeing those scenes is giving me false hopes.

TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL OUT!!!?!?!?!?

Jul 2, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2013
We need "Supernatural", "Mystery" and "Drama" genres in the tag ASAP
Jul 2, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2013
Hoho, and here comes bitching about harem, art, pacing, that the Key's desings look like Key's desings.

Guess I should have listened to a wise person about not having anything in common with episode threads.
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Jul 2, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
Subbed livestream will start in about 15 minutes!!

https://rabb.it/Xaris
Jul 2, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit this episode. I was kind of worried about the Krivoy Rog thing, but they way they handled it in this episode was actually quite good.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 2, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
Holy shit this episode. I was kind of worried about the Krivoy Rog thing, but they way they handled it in this episode was actually quite good.
Yeah I thought it flowed well with Akane's little maze, leading to her introduction. What did you think about scene transitions? That's what's getting the most slack from anime onlies, but other than a few instances I thought the scene composition was pretty good. Especially with the Kagari nighttime bits. But I dunno, maybe that's just because we know how the VN flows?
Jul 2, 2016 11:52 AM
Jun 2012
sanata50lbsb said:

People are still bitching about how bad that he appear here and a lot of bitching about how fast and out of place the original parts are.

For me I like Episode 1 enough.
Oh I really like the flashbacks on that scene. This route would be just before Moon if the route exist in VN.
noireoJul 2, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
The scene transitions were decent/ok. I would've liked the last Kagari haunting scene to have been slowed down just a tad, but other than that no big complaints.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 2, 2016 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
This is going to be me the whole time Rewrite airing. I just enjoy the anime for what it is.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 2, 2016 12:25 PM
Dec 2014
Anime is awesome. I will enjoy it without comparing it to the vn. I'm wise, be like me
Jul 2, 2016 12:34 PM
Dec 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
sanata50lbsb said:
Yeah I thought it flowed well with Akane's little maze, leading to her introduction. What did you think about scene transitions? That's what's getting the most slack from anime onlies, but other than a few instances I thought the scene composition was pretty good. Especially with the Kagari nighttime bits. But I dunno, maybe that's just because we know how the VN flows?

Yeah, but the anime onlies will think the meeting with the witch is an important thing for the mystery. But it won't, she will just discuss the choice he made and then give him some papers to fight kagari XD

100/100 best first episode this season. (The other animes didn't air yet!)
Jul 2, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
brb watching the episode again

この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 2, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Finished the episode and I have profile pics for Facebook Galore Lmao.

But aside from that :3 Ya know the episode was pretty nice imo.
Jul 2, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
sanata50lbsb said:

Jul 2, 2016 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
First Rewrite anime meme
LightBladeNova said:
Jul 2, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
As far as I'm concerned, I really enjoyed the first episode. I do admit that all the character introductions and events make it difficult to take in, especially for anime-onlies. By the time that it's about to sink in that this person is that, or this thing happened, you get thrown more information to take in. But other than that, comedy, music, and animation was spot on. Anyways, here's to hoping that Rewrite well succeed.

Jul 2, 2016 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
Nice first episode. Chihaya's voice was more high pitched and cringe than in the VN, my poor ears. Kotarou was amazing, but I miss his constant monologue over everything.

I felt like the ending was a little weird, but overall I really loved it. Hopefully we can see more supernatural stuff next episode.

I'm baking memes right now, so expect some soon. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 2, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Did someone asked for Rewrite memes?

:')

Jul 2, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
It's so sad to see people bashing Rewrite like this just because the setting looks like a generic harem thing.

I even saw some people saying "Yeah, its worse than Charlotte"

Like seriously..
Jul 2, 2016 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
It's so sad to see people bashing Rewrite like this just because the setting looks like a generic harem thing.

Like seriously..

I can't blame them per say but in all honesty its too early to even judge a product.
I even had one person pretty much telling me how garbage it was just because of the setting and how it was portrayed, including the assumption of being a "harem".

While I do understand his point as to why he didn't liked it, I don't really accept the idea of "generic = bad" neither the aspect of being a harem. Maybe it has a lot of girls? Yes, but really its not a harem imo.

But in the idea or retrospect of Charlotte... Uh, comparing an Original Work with an Anime Visual Novel adaptation... well, I can understand, its Key in general, but its kinda sour.

We should just bare with it and hold onto it tbh.
Jul 2, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Murasa22 said:

Like seriously..
On MAL I see a lot of that but on twitter it seems people are enjoying it. Even some VN readers are complaining and saying "50+ hours into 13 episode anime" although they are only adapting one route.
LightBladeNova said:
Jul 2, 2016 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
Murasa22 said:

Like seriously..

Hopefully the anime will be as amazing as the VN and kick the people calling it a generic harem in the dick.

Jul 2, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Murasa22 said:

Like seriously..

It is a harem though can't really blame people for saying that.

Rewrite shines in its character routes and in moon/ Terra when it moves away from that imo but it's common route is definitely a harem a funny one but a harem none the less and if someone doesn't like them then probably shouldn't watch Rewrite.

Doesn't Kotarou even admit he is in a harem in the VN?
Jul 2, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
PeacefulWard said:
Nice first episode. Chihaya's voice was more high pitched and cringe than in the VN, my poor ears. Kotarou was amazing, but I miss his constant monologue over everything.

I felt like the ending was a little weird, but overall I really loved it. Hopefully we can see more supernatural stuff next episode.

I'm baking memes right now, so expect some soon. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I really hope we get some of those scenes where Kotarou monologues what Shizuru's thinking, It was one of my favourite running gags from the VN. I understand why most of the monologues are going to be cut but I miss it too.

I'm not really sure about introducing Krivoy Rog so soon. I think it spoils a little too much, I would have liked the supernatural stuff to be a bit more subtle like the first half of the VN. Introducing it so quickly loses the suspense.

Overall I had no problem with the art/music though. Although Akane seemed a bit to cutesy. Her design was more intimidating in the VN. It was great hearing the music again though. Really loved how they opened with Daisy, which is one of my favourite pieces from the entire game.
Jul 2, 2016 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the fact that some of the conversations between the characters felt really long and bland. Kinda messed up the pacing a bit, so hopefully it doesn't get like that again since episodes from now on are gonna be 24 minutes.

I've re-watched the episode a few times and that's all I was displeased with.

Jul 2, 2016 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
I thought you guys would like this comparison of VN CG's with the actual anime counterpart:

(12 pics, may load for a bit)
Jul 2, 2016 4:49 PM

Jun 2015
Let us take some time to appreciate the SMUG

Jul 2, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
Hinoue wasn't kidding when she said Kagari was super adorable animated lol. Kotori was pretty meme worthy this episode lmao.

Where are my memes fellas? xD
Jul 2, 2016 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
TKotarou said:
Hinoue wasn't kidding when she said Kagari was super adorable animated lol. Kotori was pretty meme worthy this episode lmao.

Where are my memes fellas? xD

I gave everyone a meme and nobody saw it ;w;
But I'm here ;3;
Jul 2, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
Codica said:
Let us take some time to appreciate the SMUG

You know what their faces look like? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8bit knows what's up.

Jul 2, 2016 7:39 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
Mirotokiwa said:
I am going to cry since they aren't gonna show us kotori route and Chihaya route and the death of Sakuya.

I know this isn't going to happen, but i was thinking it migh be great to have the first season be the common route.... then have like a 2 cour second season with the character rputes.... and then a third 13 episode season for Moon/Terra
I know it's not going to happen... But let me dream!

We where all dreamings with that, way before the anime was even announced, but they had to torture our love and respect for the series, in such a vile way.
If they are going to show bits of Lucia route like Shizuru vs Lucia... they should just go and adapt that route instead, that is how you would use the fight to built up to something...

zaidk said:
Reynardd said:
Hey guys! I drew my favorite part of the vn using mspaint! Pls Rate!
Also MAJOR SPOILERS!

It isn't even funny -_-

Gross, WTF is wrong with you?!
Jul 2, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2014
As a HUGE fan of the Visual Novel for this, and knowing that 8bit was getting a hand on my baby I have low expectations for this adaptation.

But if anything they BETTER have the Yoshino song in the anime, or I will kill my self

Jul 2, 2016 7:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
VierMill said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Gods NOO!!

Jul 2, 2016 7:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tennouji said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Seriously seeing those scenes is giving me false hopes.

TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL OUT!!!?!?!?!?

Trolling the fanbase maybe?
Jul 2, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2014
Playcool said:
SakurasouBusters said:

I know this isn't going to happen, but i was thinking it migh be great to have the first season be the common route.... then have like a 2 cour second season with the character rputes.... and then a third 13 episode season for Moon/Terra
I know it's not going to happen... But let me dream!

We where all dreamings with that, way before the anime was even announced, but they had to torture our love and respect for the series, in such a vile way.
If they are going to show bits of Lucia route like Shizuru vs Lucia... they should just go and adapt that route instead, that is how you would use the fight to built up to something...

zaidk said:

It isn't even funny -_-

Gross, WTF is wrong with you?!

whats the picture that he linked ?
Jul 2, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2014
Structurally, this episode was a little more on the bizarre side. Things like character introductions were handled great. The transitions between them were splendid, both serving as characterization for Koutarou and the people he encounters all while moving smoothly. And, while I'm at it, Kotuaru's essence was captured perfectly in the anime. All the scenes in which he's in, wheater he's in solitude or in interaction with something, all build on his character without each addition to his character contradicting the last. Plus, he's entertaining af to watch, especially now that he's animated and fully voiced. I can just see Morita's joyful face in the auditioning room.

Things like the supernatural undertones, and I use "undertones" loosely here, were a little wonky. Right off the bat, we're thrown into the fact that some obscure things are happening downtown. Kagari downright kills Koutarou, blood staining and all, and Tenma's gigantic familiar just pops out of thin air. It's quite a huge hurdle to take in a first episode, especially in the case of Rewrite. Hopefully, Tenshou finds a way to make this "work" later on. The opening of the anime being the beginning of the universe already sets this as an "ambitious" title. An unfazed Koutarou after all that is a jab in the gut for me, even if I know that serves as implications for his character.

Overall, this premiere was pretty great for us visual novel readers. The abundance of foreshadowing, as well as the revisiting of character in audiovisual format, was a treat to watch. Lucia's all good bois.

Although I can't bare to see what anime-onlies have thought of it, this episode's definitely not for them. I can only put myself in their shoes for now, and hope Rewrite's true colors slowly start to shine briefly.

At least I'm not a Berserk fan.
Jul 2, 2016 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Made another one.

@sanata50lbsb @zaydgh123
Thoughts on this? :^)

Jul 2, 2016 10:37 PM

Sep 2015
Video editor skipped some frames and shit when I exported it. It's a little less okay now.

https://youtu.be/S-prnbtp_RQ

I actually made this a day or two ago before the show aired but forgot to post it.

Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.