Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 30, 2016 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
The villains look awesome, especially the blue-haired guy with the facepalm.

I thought it was pretty funny that the others were picking on Bakugo, it's a bit refreshing. He's always picking on Deku, now he can have a taste of his own medicine, although I'm pretty sure he's unfazed.
臭い-
May 30, 2016 2:54 AM

Jun 2009
Tsukkimaru said:
Finally getting to the good stuff, sad that we'll have to wait for (hopefully) season 2 for my favourite arc though. MORE TODOROKI AND TSUYU TO COME I AM SO EXCITED.

Art was a bit dodgy this episode, hopefully its so they can put a lot more budget into the ending episodes.

Another season would definitely be great, even better would be if they gave the manga a bit of time to get more material, then just made a long running anime, because one or two seasons for this series does not do it justice at all. ^^

May 30, 2016 4:08 AM

May 2015
yay "emergency exit iida"
thirteen debut, it's nice too see that
holy fck villains are come boom
tsu-chan very well teased bakugo haha as i expected from the person like her
May 30, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2015
This anime needs more episodes, atleast 26.
May 30, 2016 4:34 AM
Jan 2014
Like some people said animation quality was a bit disappointing this episode, I hope the last few ones are more polished.
May 30, 2016 5:02 AM
Oct 2013
It felt like a filler episode, not much happening either aside from the ending. Probably the weakest episode since the beginning of the series.Some more chemistry was added to the group, there were some interesting interactions between the students, and as by now I'm pretty sure I like everyone.
May 30, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2016
CC9ers said:
This episode was great. Not any action this time, but all the characters in this show are just so likeable that episodes like this are a welcome addition when we get to see more of them in their daily UA lives. Tsuyu finally getting some solid dialogue was extremely nice. She's cute in the weirdest way.

Lol at Bakugo being teased and Deku's disbelief. Also surprised Iida didn't get any initial votes for class rep but the got his deserved spot in the end. Momo is probably the best true leader of the class but Iida just has that personality about him.

Also, this was definitely my favorite part of the episode.
I love when subtle little events happen in the background that aren't referenced. It makes it that much funnier when the viewer notices it.

I keep clicking that spoiler but it wont open lol
But i guess you are talking about big oppai girl when she laughed ?
I laughed so much on that part , though
Who was she laughing at ?
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
May 30, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
so he got 3 votes , 1 from iida and one from that cute girl , and the third one ?
I guess he voted for himself ,and that's how he got 3 votes
Though it would be nice if later we found out that someone else gave him his/her vote

I'm sad for all mighty i hope he doesn't get the same fate white beard got in one piece
He is one of my favourite , hope he doesnt end up losing all his power or worse !

Great episode though the first half with the students riot was kinda slow
4/5
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
May 30, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2012
Bakugou seems more friendly now to his classmates. Character development, huh.!??
Iida really proved himself as a capable class rep. Tsuyu-chan was kinda funny too :P

What a cliffhanger. Facepalm and the gang struck. I hope next episode there'll be some epic battles between villains and students (and teachers).
May 30, 2016 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
It's cute to see that Bakugou has been accepted by the class despite his awful personality. :3

This series is way too slow for an action shounen though, especially one with only 13 episodes.
May 30, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
AbsoluteBloom said:
I really liked this episode. You know, it's way more enjoyable when you don't have flashbacks of things we've already seen. It was refreshing to see. I was sad that Bones couldn't deliver with Kohei Horikoshi's horror-esque art style shift when Shigaraki appeared... although I understand it's hard when transitioning to animation.
Overall, really fun episode and I look forward to Bones showing off their talent for action in the coming arc.

Ya this was a fun episode. Bakugo getting teased around was funny.
MukaShiki said:
Loved the interactions between Midoriya and Tsu.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
May 30, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
that PR answer they got from the serious dude and shit about to go down next episode
May 30, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
CC9ers said:

Are you kidding? Aoi Yuuki is one of the best young VAs there is right now. She has one of the largest ranges of character types that she's voiced despite having a short career. You can say you don't like her voice, but that's nobody's fault but yours. She's absolutely killing it as Tsuyu. She's basically half-human and half-frog after all, and her voice nails that fusion perfectly.

Then u are retarded.

Tsuyu is supposed to sound like Migi from Parasyte, Aya Hirano wouldve been a better choice.

May 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
hisokathebutcher said:

I keep clicking that spoiler but it wont open lol
But i guess you are talking about big oppai girl when she laughed ?
I laughed so much on that part , though
Who was she laughing at ?

This is the picture in the spoiler if it's the part you're thinking of. Momo (big oppai girl) was laughing at the little dude whose name I can't remember just oogling Uraraka's ass. Such a short and funny scene happening in the background of a conversation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2015
I liked this episode though I can't wait for the next one because we should finally see a villain fight.
May 30, 2016 5:27 PM

Sep 2014
Some fucker mentioned Naruto. Well. Haku/Zabuza Arc ended in EP 19. Wonder what would've they chopped and when would've ended.
May 30, 2016 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
LordPerucho said:
CC9ers said:

Are you kidding? Aoi Yuuki is one of the best young VAs there is right now. She has one of the largest ranges of character types that she's voiced despite having a short career. You can say you don't like her voice, but that's nobody's fault but yours. She's absolutely killing it as Tsuyu. She's basically half-human and half-frog after all, and her voice nails that fusion perfectly.

Then u are retarded.

Tsuyu is supposed to sound like Migi from Parasyte, Aya Hirano wouldve been a better choice.

What do you mean 'supposed to sound like'? Are you the author of the manga? No, because only he can truly say how a character is meant to sound. I understand that you don't like Tsuyu's voice... but you can't call someone 'retarded' for thinking otherwise.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 30, 2016 8:23 PM

May 2013
Nakurawari said:
LordPerucho said:

Then u are retarded.

What do you mean 'supposed to sound like'? Are you the author of the manga? No, because only he can truly say how a character is meant to sound. I understand that you don't like Tsuyu's voice... but you can't call someone 'retarded' for thinking otherwise.

Tsuyu's voice isn't as good as it could be. Aoi Yuuki's performance with Tatsumaki was way better.

I think that the problem is that there's some kind of digital filter over it, so it sounds really plain.
The quality of the art is also mediocre and because of that the character isn't as interesting as in the manga.
In the next episode she'll have a lot more screen time, so they'll hopefully have more chances to make the character good.
May 30, 2016 9:25 PM

Jan 2009
The comedy really hit home this episode and all the character chemistry too. Great developments overall. The soundtrack was noticeable and awesome this episode!

Reaaaaally a good episode, aw yesss
May 31, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2014
Wait, did they cut out a whole section out of manga? Or I just forgot about this..

May 31, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
Lel, I thought the whole invasion thing was much longer than this, so I was a bit shocked seeing them get to USJ at the end of the episode.

Anyways, they hit the Iida exit sign perfectly! Alas, the villains entrance, specifically Black Mist + Shigaraki's face, wasn't as awe-inspiring as the manga.

Still a solid episode.
May 31, 2016 4:06 AM
May 2013
That villain music track was bloody awesome. So epic
May 31, 2016 4:12 AM
May 2013
LordPerucho said:
Aoi Yuki should just stick to tsundere characters, because she cant pull it off as other type of characters.

The Tsuyu scenes were far better in the manga.

Iida was the star of this episode.

I had no idea they had Dragon Ball Super animators working in BNHA, or Shigaraki recruiting Slender Man.
Yea, manga art is usually much better than the anime, but this anime adaptation is doing very well portraying the material compared to most out there.
May 31, 2016 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
azndavidd said:
LordPerucho said:
Aoi Yuki should just stick to tsundere characters, because she cant pull it off as other type of characters.

The Tsuyu scenes were far better in the manga.

Iida was the star of this episode.

I had no idea they had Dragon Ball Super animators working in BNHA, or Shigaraki recruiting Slender Man.
Yea, manga art is usually much better than the anime, but this anime adaptation is doing very well portraying the material compared to most out there.
True. You can't really fault Bones because Horikoshi goes a step beyond when it comes to detailing his art
e.g.
May 31, 2016 6:52 AM

Oct 2014
Horikoshi Art is good but he isnt Murata, Miura, Inoue , Hirohiko level

May 31, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
ziggy_Z said:
azndavidd said:
True. You can't really fault Bones because Horikoshi goes a step beyond when it comes to detailing his art
e.g.

that close up is more then acceptable but that wide shot of them all entering is complete horseshit

its a way way more important shot that should of been done properly
May 31, 2016 8:54 AM
May 2015
LordPerucho said:

Debateable. A lot of these can't be straight up compared.

Murata only does the art, he doesn't have to work on the story like Kouhei.

Miura doesn't release weekly, he doesn't even release monthly, I believe if Horikoshi had as much time to work on his art as Miura he could do some incredible things aswell.

Inoue doesn't release weekly either and when he did on slam dunk his art was great but not as great as it was on Vagabond, tbh their styles are just completely different, Inoue goes for realism while Horikoshi's art is very stylized.

Imo Hirohiko isn't that great of an artist I think Horikoshi's art is straight up better but that is objective after all.
May 31, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2014
LordPerucho said:
And? Never said he was; I just pointed out it's pointless expecting Bones to give a truly faithful animation.

But anyway, sure he doesn't continuously pump out whole chapters of masterful art like Miura/Inoue, but he is capable of ascending to their level, evident with pages like this. So like the guy above said, if Horikoshi has as much time as Miura, he'd be capable of increasing the quantity of his quality.
May 31, 2016 6:35 PM
Sep 2015
As soon as I heard 13's name mentioned along with space, first thought was the Apollo 13 mission/accident/rescue :P
May 31, 2016 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
I was literally shouting, "DO NOT END!" as the episode came to a close. Can't wait for next week's.
May 31, 2016 11:53 PM

May 2014
Iida's awesome. Can't wait for the next ep. 4/5
Jun 1, 2016 4:07 AM

Dec 2012
There is not a lot of action in this episode, but the next one looks awesome. Great episode, the school life is also interesting to see, it's a part of their training
Jun 1, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
Everyone's showing comparisons between manga and anime. I mean, I don't have any complaints about the anime style since I haven't read the manga. But seeing how different they look makes me want to read the manga. The art looks really epic

Enjoyed this episode either way!
Jun 1, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
HEY CLASS PRESIDENT
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 1, 2016 4:39 PM

May 2016
Since I have yet to read the manga the pacing for the anime doesn't feel sad. Then again I'm the type who enjoys slice-of-life.
Ah, but I'm having such a good time with this anime, I really can't wait till the next episode.
Jun 1, 2016 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
"Those are villains" when he said that it sounds so cheesy, but this is about super heroes so I guess it's understandable. Decent episode.
Jun 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2015
Did that Space Hero just dab? Anyways good episode, and that cliffhanger tho

Jun 2, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
i marathoned all 9 eps today and gotta say i'm rly loving this show, way more than one punch man anyway..will be sad to see it end!
Jun 2, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2016
In my opinion, I hope All Might does dies in the first season I think it'll make things more interesting for the anime. In which they've been foreshadowing his death from the start.
Jun 3, 2016 9:01 AM
Apr 2016
that cliffhanger thouu, definetly the highlight of the episode IMO!
Jun 3, 2016 12:56 PM
Dec 2014
Is always good seeing All Might. \o/
Jun 3, 2016 8:06 PM
Jun 2013
The first two to three episodes were pretty good, but honestly, ever since they got to the school, it's been getting more boring with each episode.

It looks like things are going to pick up a bit tho...we'll see.
Jun 4, 2016 10:15 PM
Jan 2015
Why is this show so slow?

... and why does it end when things started to get interesting. Ugh.

PS: Here's my blog and I also do a weekly overview with these shows. Thanks for paying a visit!
Jun 9, 2016 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
Oooh the villains have come out to play! :o
Jun 10, 2016 7:34 AM
Nov 2015
this episode was great and i wish the upcoming will be greater
^_^
Jun 15, 2016 8:07 AM

Feb 2016
Lida being the exit man was quite funny. I was surprised when deku was chosen to be class rep though. On the contrary bakugo was kinda getting picked on so it looks like the roles are reversed already. That cliffhanger at the end made me yearn for the next episode.
Jun 16, 2016 5:28 AM

Jun 2015
Very good episode, I'm waiting to see what Aizawa will do.
Shots from manga look intense so reading and watching will be probably two different experiences but I can't just wait. **
Jun 23, 2016 9:46 PM

Sep 2015
One of my biggest issues with this anime is I really don't care for a lot of the characters designs. Many of Midoriya's classmates including most notably to me usb-ears just look really stupid, I think. And I'll wait and see what they're like next episode but many of these villains look really corny as well. Like I kind of hate hand man's design, even though that ominous shot of him across the street from the reporters was really cool.

Still there were things I liked in this episode, mainly how it's starting to develop the class is relationship a little bit more. The class election was more interesting than I expected to be, and I really enjoyed everyone picking on Bakougo. Not just because he deserved, but it was a start to seeing some of their individual personalities more. Also Uraraka is still too cute, I loved her expression when everyone wonders who else voted for Midoriya.
Jun 29, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
The USJ part killed me. xD
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.