Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 4, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
The mind reading thing is definitely interesting, but the whole "she has an incurable disease!" thing ruined the drama for me. Also, this side of Nao was never explored in the tv series and Yuu is still a bland does-nothing-throughout-the-episode faggot. It'd be a blessing if he was an "edgy mc", at least he would be somewhat entertaining that way.

Also, all romance between Yuu and Nao has gone back to zero. Fucking great.
Apr 4, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
rsc-pl said:
King_Savage said:

I don't know if that's serious but you do realize it was a pun/joke from the translator.
we all heard yahoo, but they like google better lol

Yeah, that kind of jokes, especially in OVA episode is OK for me (insted to shitty localisation and dialogue rewrites).
Or japanese words when they said english :D
Nao: Let's go
Subs: ikimashou :D

Oh.... oh my gawd!!! I cringed when i read that! I felt it!!

I never knew how much i hated things like that until you mentioned it! Lol
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Apr 5, 2016 5:06 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode. The violence jokes got repeated so much that it just stopped being funny :c
I probably would have enjoyed it more if the animation didn't look so derpy most of the time too.
Apr 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Sep 2009
At least it was just another arc instead of typical useless fanservice or strange silly comedy (like AB OVAs). So, as much as I was disappointed with series itself, this OVA was one of the better parts of it.
Apr 6, 2016 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Shiro-cat said:
I laughed a few times, but violence towards MC irritated me too. Drama felt forced. Sick children don't make me sad anymore.
One of laughs is thanks to sub team:

Tomori said 'yahoo' at that moment.

They also did it when Tomori said "let's go" in English. They just put "ikimashou" for the sub, lol. I had to double take for that.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Apr 7, 2016 3:37 AM

May 2014
A meh episode overall. Wish it was an epilogue or something~
Asuka fansubs is much better than Waku subs, so good thing I watched that one instead. And yes, this is the proof, no "Google" crap!
Apr 7, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
Ah man, I was hoping that Yuu would take her power, so that it could potentially add a whole new layer to the second half of the show.

Imagine that.
Apr 8, 2016 6:06 PM

Jul 2015
I'm so disappointed that I didn't commented until now, and it's been weeks since I've watched this.
My score to this special will be much lower because it's the second time I felt so much disappointment. The episode has a good story, and explained somethings about the start of Yuu's feelings for Nao, but it has the same flaws that the series had. Some forced drama, repetitive comedy, characters that only have the purpose of comic relief...
But what really destroyed my experience of this episode and the series is the disappointment, and the wasted potential. Because this anime had A LOT of potential, but it lost everything with pacing problems and all those flaws you guys already know.

So, 3/5 and my final score will be 4/10.
Apr 9, 2016 6:54 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode but as everyone, I was waiting a sequel T-T
Apr 14, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2012
it was cute i guess

protect his smile
Apr 18, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2015
Thanks for reminding me why I hated this anime.
Apr 19, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2014
Pretty emotional and amazing special ep. I loved all the comedian they had in this ep. Hahha, reading thought isn't the best thing for those two. Tomori-chan will kill that dude with punches if she had that power. :P LOl. It had really a nice animation too.

By the way, did she manage to control her powe in the end since Tomori couldn't read Yuu's thoughts? It looked like that for me. :/

Anyways, loved the special. It were really nice to watch. Gave me the Charlotte vibe I had not seen for a long time.

mangalicker94Apr 19, 2016 9:38 AM
Apr 19, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2014
BoobsMcGee said:
ImTemP said:
Is Completely Horrible.
An free violence episode against MC.
Throughout the episode the violent heroine to insult and physically assault the MC.

Awwh did someone get upset over their precious edgy male mc getting hurt by a female character? Awwk, poor you.

hhahaa, LMAO. I guess he isn't fond of emotional drama. That's what made me love this special. The ending with Tomori. If that weren't included this special would be very meh. But that gave me, at least, the good Charlotte vibe I got when I watched the series. :)
Apr 19, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2014
Shiro-cat said:
I laughed a few times, but violence towards MC irritated me too. Drama felt forced. Sick children don't make me sad anymore.
One of laughs is thanks to sub team:

Tomori said 'yahoo' at that moment.

hahaah, didn't even notice that. LOL xD
Apr 19, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
mangalicker94 said:
BoobsMcGee said:

Awwh did someone get upset over their precious edgy male mc getting hurt by a female character? Awwk, poor you.

hhahaa, LMAO. I guess he isn't fond of emotional drama. That's what made me love this special. The ending with Tomori. If that weren't included this special would be very meh. But that gave me, at least, the good Charlotte vibe I got when I watched the series. :)

It's not that. You'd be surprised by how many edgelords lost their shit over Yuu getting beat up in the first episode yet they laughed and kept shitposting when Nao got hit and it's still going on even when the OVA got released. It's absolutely pathetic but hilarious watching them react so childishly.

Thai777 said:
It was way better in the first half before the drama.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, does anyone know who the black hair girl walking on water is?(its from the opening)

The girl from the OP was Ayumi. They posted a pic on Twitter a while back of that shot without her face covered.
BoobsMcGeeApr 19, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 19, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
And i thought that this would be a funny OVA without feels :/
Feels feels everywhere xD
Tomori got really mad, i hope that Iori will be healed.
Poor Otosaka, he is the only one that gets beaten xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 21, 2016 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
It was a cute episode and definitely better than some of the other mission episodes...but I would have preferred a sequel about Yuu and Nao a LOT more.

I did find Nao's "TAKAJOU NO BAKA!!!!" hilarious because it was said in such an aggressive tone. XD

Mayuka said:
it was cute i guess

protect his smile

Yuu has such a CUTE smile~ ♥
ChiibiApr 21, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 21, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2014
BoobsMcGee said:
mangalicker94 said:

It's not that. You'd be surprised by how many edgelords lost their shit over Yuu getting beat up in the first episode yet they laughed and kept shitposting when Nao got hit and it's still going on even when the OVA got released. It's absolutely pathetic but hilarious watching them react so childishly.

Thai777 said:
It was way better in the first half before the drama.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, does anyone know who the black hair girl walking on water is?(its from the opening)

The girl from the OP was Ayumi. They posted a pic on Twitter a while back of that shot without her face covered.

Hahah, totally agree with you. These trollers are everywhere and in every series. LOL
Apr 21, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2014
mangalicker94 said:
BoobsMcGee said:

Hahah, totally agree with you. These trollers are everywhere and in every series. LOL

Yeah I agree but this show had the worst trolls that literally every discussion thread or page was so cancerous you couldn't have a proper discussion anywhere.
Apr 28, 2016 8:04 AM

Aug 2014
An ok OVA I guess...Better than some of the episodes in the main series.

Not the biggest Sakura Ayane at all but I can't front, I really liked her performance when Nao got mad at that girl.
May 1, 2016 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
Forced drama but still a funny episode. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2014
BoobsMcGee said:
mangalicker94 said:

Yeah I agree but this show had the worst trolls that literally every discussion thread or page was so cancerous you couldn't have a proper discussion anywhere.

hahaha, true.. xD
May 6, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2014
missed this show ^^
May 6, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent OVA, nothing too special but still a nice addition to the series!
Jun 1, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.

I enjoyed this special more compare to the main series lol

The amusement park part is hilarious.

Jun 1, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2012
cover made me think it was after the series, good watch tho
Jun 23, 2016 12:01 PM
Mar 2016
Reminds me Charlotte's first half.

This is one of the ways charlotte should of been. A slice of life, comedy drama supernatural anime

4/5
Jun 30, 2016 11:05 PM

Sep 2015
I thought Nao had the best looking eyes of all the anime people, this episode showed me otherwise. Seriously the eye game of this show is so strong.
Any cute girls please feel free to join my harem: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70667
Jul 13, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. I was saying where are her parents when Nao was choking Honoka out. lol Then her mom comes and gave Nao a weird ass push. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 23, 2016 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
ImTemP said:
Is Completely Horrible.
Throughout the episode the violent heroine to insult and physically assault the MC.

Yeah, main female char was even more annoying than she usually is, didn't think that was possible. I personally disliked this ova.
PzKpfw_VI_TigerJul 23, 2016 2:52 PM
Jul 23, 2016 2:51 PM

Feb 2013
BoobsMcGee said:
ImTemP said:
Is Completely Horrible.

Edgy? Hell naw. This is one of the most personality-less bland mc ever. All personality he had was lost after ep 1.

As for episode itself - not everybody likes pointless violence that for some reason seems okay to others and is supposed to be somehow funny and forced drama that follows later.
Jul 23, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2014

Edgy? Hell naw. This is one of the most personality-less bland mc ever. All personality he had was lost after ep 1.

As for episode itself - not everybody likes pointless violence that for some reason seems okay to others and is supposed to be somehow funny and forced drama that follows later.

I was being sarcastic... As for the mc's personality, he was pretty much the same throughout the show so I don't know what you're on about. But him not having a definite personality was kinda the whole point.

I find it hilarious that people would get worked up over something silly as this. Sure if a girl gets hit, it's somehow funny but when a guy gets hit everyone loses their mind.
Aug 2, 2016 10:35 AM
Feb 2015
didn't realize that I miss this show a lot
Aug 9, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2011
This was just like any other regular episode of the parent anime. It was ok.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Aug 24, 2016 3:52 PM
Sep 2015
Good episode, but Nao punching Yuu was overused and childish 😑

Also, did anybody control their thoughts while watching this? I got so into it, that I tried to keep my mind empty so that nobody would hear my thoughts XD
Aug 25, 2016 3:40 PM

May 2016
I am wondering if the studio will release season 2 now, however the episode was great, i missed Tomori so much :c
Aug 25, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good laugh, but where's the lovey-dovey couple shit that's draped on this OVA's photo?

6/10.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 16, 2016 1:20 AM

Oct 2015
that was good and YUU catching feelings in the end was ehm.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 26, 2016 8:27 AM
Jul 2016
Terminal illness ex machina
Oct 27, 2016 2:48 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Disappointing OVA
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 10, 2017 6:14 AM
Mar 2012
A charlotte ep that's actually funny. If this level of comedy & drama replaced the ability hunting in 1st half then original could've been great. Liked the trashy conflicting characters, & that double edged ability.
Yuu & Nao funny faces were great. They act like a couple already. Kinda wish more ovas or sequel. Forgot how nice op/ed were.
Mar 19, 2017 5:06 PM

Aug 2016
Not bad for an OVA I enjoyed it

Set by SenpieX
Jun 19, 2017 6:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Good stuff, I had alot of fun watching it, not a sequel to the TV series, but it gaves us some more Yuu x Nao, and boy that chemistry was great here (mostly serving as a punchbag!).

Pity we wont see more content animed for Charlotte no more.
It was at least a cute way to depart from the series

8.3/10
Jun 20, 2017 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
For some reason, this episode really reminded me of the Non-chan episode from Ojamajo Doremi Naisho.
Feb 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
Boring, too childish. Weak manzai not funny at all. Not even any romance and with this mind reading this could be funny if they start saying nice things about each other.
I guess they didn't have any idea for this ova, not to mention that from KEY I expected something that connects story with main anime.
I gave it 6/10, but maybe should be even 5. Only art and OP/ED was good because same as main story.
Oh one more thing.. Yuu scared of something like height? He took flying and teleporting powers and probably more..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 8, 2018 9:56 PM
Oct 2018
the picture is misleading
Oct 9, 2018 5:52 PM

Dec 2016
Glad the ova is about the best part of the main tv show and not the entire clusterfuck that was the second half lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 4, 2019 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
cute episode, this would've been nice if it were placed in the actual show
7/10
Feb 17, 2019 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
Meh, nothing special at best.
Most of the time I felt irritaded by Nao using violence just for the sake of it.
It’s been said but again - the drama only felt forced.
There were few decent heart-warmimg moments, but nothing spectacular.
Honestly, if not for the opening, this would have been a huge disappointment for me.
CherryAquaFeb 17, 2019 5:30 AM
Mar 25, 2019 7:54 PM
Oct 2018
KiritoKun said:
Dang, while that was a good episode I really would have preferred an epilogue sort of a OVA instead.
i am agree with you
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

9 by That1AnimeGirI »»
Jan 8, 1:55 PM

» The Image Used In The Myanimelist Entry

GPAD - Apr 4, 2016

7 by HikariNamida »»
Jan 3, 2019 6:20 PM

» After episode 13?

-Yumaol- - Sep 26, 2015

25 by gabrielrroiz »»
Mar 29, 2016 3:46 PM

» Delayed Date

SoManyRainbows - Mar 2, 2016

4 by SoManyRainbows »»
Mar 3, 2016 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.