Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 16, 2014 1:24 PM
May 2013
I thought Oishi is a good guy at the beginning but now I think
I hope he will have a slow a painful death like Satoko's but slower .

Rena did a good job
( I think this is what you call NSFM ) what I think she should do
Mar 19, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
aw man what a bloody great episode, although i dont see why she just couldn't tell her father that the pink haired lady was a bitch
Yo
Apr 14, 2014 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
Never have I been so satisfied with a murder ,Rina and her co worker deserved everything they got! not to forget that Rena killed Rina in self defense , she really isn't the bad one here

I'd love to have friends like them, (although that makes me seem as if I want accomplices to aid me in criminal offenses which isn't the case xD or is it? o.O)

Hopefully none of them betrays Rena which I doubt will happen

Looks like the detective is back again
Apr 20, 2014 2:45 AM

Jun 2011
count_demonicus6 said:
Never have I been so satisfied with a murder ,Rina and her co worker deserved everything they got! not to forget that Rena killed Rina in self defense , she really isn't the bad one here

Pretty much, I was rooting for Rena the whole time. It was much more justifiable than Shion in the previous arc, not saying murder is justifiable though.

Seriously, I don't understand what's up with Oiishi hate here, there are even people who want him to die a slow painful death? What he did wrong actually, up until this point? Nothing. He was just doing what he should as a cop, so far anyway, I can't vouch for his future actions. The hate he receives is kind of mind boggling.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 8:52 PM
Feb 2013
Now those are some good friends, expect when you somehow make a wrong decision somewhere then they kill: you, everyone around, or cause a massive paranoia that makes you the killer. Still hard to come by.
Apr 29, 2014 2:49 AM

Jan 2014
I am slightly more convinced that this arc will connect to the third one.
Maybe they really forgot about that day, and in some mystical or paranoical ways Satoko's uncle is still there for them.
So when Keiichi killed again the Uncle, it was just an hallucination or stuff like that, I don't know how it will be explained, but the path might be that.

But Rena's acting are more justificable than Shion's, as it been already said.
And Keiichi should learn from Rena how to kill someone.

The murders were quite brutal, this show deepens so good the ill human mind, I lve it.
May 5, 2014 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Well, here we go again. Nice to see Rena's weapon of choice in action.

Killing Rina was in self-defence, she should have gone with that and leave Hojo alone. But I guess after seeing him beating up her dad she just couldn't help it.
I don't know if I could be friends with someone who not only just killed someone, but also had no problem cutting the body in parts like it's your everyday job. It shows a little the madness of Rena.

I still think there would have been an better non-killing solution to her misery, but I have to admit, it's easier to feel for Rena here than for Shion in the last arc.
May 10, 2014 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
that's some great friendship they have
May 17, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Brutal and awesome :)
Jul 27, 2014 8:21 AM

May 2014
1. Rena is BEST GIRL.
2. Awsome "rika" killing scene.
3. What a beautiful friendship.
4. Ooshi is a stalker of the highest caliber.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 8, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
What are you guys, idiots? This episode was rushed, the writers clearly didn't know how to handle the Rena character so they just swept the whole event under the rug, and don't anybody say it's meant to be like that.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Aug 26, 2014 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
This was the second murder I actually supported. the first being satokos uncle.

is Oishi a fucking god?
Sep 14, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Yup Rena killed those two , it was forshadowed to hell out of already from the previous episode so can't say I didn't expect it. Doesn't nessesarily seem she went crazy like Mion (or was that Shion?) in the last arc, well at least not yet anyway.

Well when that scubag lady was talking to her, she DID try to kill Rena before Rena did anything, so I suppose you could say that's self defense. But Rena strait up murdered that other dude though, guess she snapped after seeing her dad getting abused by him.

One thing I actually like quite a bit from this episode is how supportive her friends were of her in this episode.. I think normally you'd have at least 1 or 2 of your group of friends would have ratted you out anyway (even if they say they would not to your face) because they feel to need to inform police two people were killed and they have a strong sense of justice that outweighs their notion of friendship in their mind.

Haha of course Oishi will get on that case, especially considering it seemed like everyone was trying to bury it back in the depths of their mind, that man would be the one to dig stuff up based on his actions from previous arcs so far.
Oct 21, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Good on Rena dealing with that trash. How in the hell does Oishi always get wind of these deaths so fast and always knows who commits them? This bro is shady.
Nov 2, 2014 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
WOW RENA IS SO FUCKING SAVAGE! m/

Higurashi continues to teach children that if you are murderer, you can just ask for forgiveness from your buddies then everyone will be happy. :)

THAT OISHI ENTRANCE! SOME SERIOUS SHIT'S GONNA GO DOWN NEXT EPISODE!

5/5

Nov 2, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2013
Celestrial2 said:
This was the second murder I actually supported. the first being satokos uncle.

is Oishi a fucking god?
He's basically the L of Higurashi. Fucking genius man.

Nov 11, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
That star on Rina's abdomen. That clears up who the finger-nailed, noseless, leg twisted person with their intestines pulled out at the start of episode 9 was! I thought it was Keiichi from the end of episode 8 though.
Feb 5, 2015 7:30 PM

Jan 2014
B25Mitch said:
Like they say, friends will help you move, real friends will help you move bodies.

Lolol

It's relieving to see a character actually feeling bad about killing someone for once xD
Feb 9, 2015 9:48 PM

Dec 2014
Rewatching this series, I remember how much I fvcking love Ooishi.

And Rena too. lol
Feb 18, 2015 6:55 AM

Nov 2013
Cero said:
I like the part where Rena beats the shit out of Rika. '3'

truuu
Mar 23, 2015 3:50 AM
Nov 2014
Rena is amazing in this ep....killed two scums of the earth.

Oishi rape face at the end lel.
Apr 9, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
Dump the bodies in a hole! Rena-chan's lonely tears are washed away by the powerful bonds of friendship!
Apr 15, 2015 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
I'm surprised they died so early, since this was the final ep i thought they'd be reserved for the final ep. Oishi is back and i'm guessing Satoko doesn't realize that one of the corpses is her uncles, should be an explosive conclusion.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 28, 2015 2:06 AM

Feb 2013
Whelp they definitely toned down the censorship for this one, those were some pretty gruesome deaths. That hot purple haired chick really got fucked up rofl, the close up of her after she got her face smashed in was great. The Uncle's splitting headache was also pretty brutal. I was a little worried how they were gonna handle Rena killing those two, since shes half their size and probably has never been in a fight in her entire life. Its nice to see they did it in a believable way.

The whole *friendship* thing was pretty corny though. Lets be honest here, no friends, idc how *great* they are, would act like that in such a situation. *We totally accept you, even though you just hacked two people up into tiny pieces and tried stuffing them into a fridge. Hell we'll even help you bury the bodies, making us just as much a part of this as you are now.* Riiiiiiighhhttt lol.

Then again it was Keiichi who initiated it with his little speech. This is the guy who had no problem trusting and walking right up to someone who had just been trying to kill him earlier that day lol. I think the rest just followed suit because they really had no clue what to do lmao.

I saw Ooishi coming a mile way at the end there though, this dude always knows what's going on it seems. I'm assuming hes gonna get one of Rena's oh so great *friends* to spill the beans, which in turn will cause her to go all psycho again.
May 17, 2015 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
HappyPear said:
Oishii-san, woo! His car's got A/C, you know?

^ROFL!!

But yeah this has got to be one of the highlight brutal scenes in Higurashi. I mean, Rena was savage with that cleaver. She needs to go chop some cows when she gets older but heck, one way or another those two hoodlums were gonna die in the criminal underworld anyway.

Keiichi's speech -- almost oblivious to the world, but maybe that's where the arc will come crumbling to pieces.

It's difficult to tell what exactly will happen next in Higurashi.

Onwards!
Jul 17, 2015 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
True friends... O__O next episode: Ughh why must Ooishi be in every arc
Aug 10, 2015 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Damn Rena, nice. And ugh, Oishi again. I liked him in the first arc or two, but haven't since then. As one of the commenter's for this episode said: "Oishi always knows every fucking crime that anyone does. He could perfectly have the Mirai Nikki, and probably was the one who taught L about being detective."
Oct 19, 2015 5:40 PM
Jul 2014
'O-Oh gosh, you killed them and chopped them to pieces, but don't worry, even if we don't know why you killed them or who they are, we are going to help you finish the act, because of our "less-than-a-year-friendship". three vivas for friendship! Or something like that.

Even though the episode was good, everything was Pretty much plot convenience, and i reaaaally hope that changes, because this show tried hard to avoid plot conveniences until now, like when takano found maebara with the shove, that was really inconvenient for him :p.
Apr 11, 2017 12:37 PM

Oct 2015
Wtf, in that place "everything" is solved with murders XD

5/5
Sep 8, 2017 3:51 AM

May 2015
Rena did it again!

OOishi apppeared
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 14, 2017 1:47 AM

Sep 2011
Re-watching it after a long ass time, but she killed teppei hojo, who's satoko's abusive uncle. Why is satoko taking this so calmly? Or do they not know WHO she killed?
Apr 7, 2018 3:57 PM

Aug 2014
Oops, here comes Oishi
Apr 8, 2018 5:21 AM

Sep 2017
I guess the reason Rena didn't tell Keiichi is because he is a loser MC. But otherwise nice episode. And Ooishi at the end.

I was quite satisfied when Rena killed those bastards. Poor Rena.

jdimaria3 said:
Damn Rena, nice. And ugh, Oishi again. I liked him in the first arc or two, but haven't since then. As one of the commenter's for this episode said: "Oishi always knows every fucking crime that anyone does. He could perfectly have the Mirai Nikki, and probably was the one who taught L about being detective."

I agree Ooishi has gotten less badass since the beginning. But your comment was great at summarizing all his plot holes.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 21, 2018 6:13 PM
May 2017
"Yeah just a double murder is no big deal, we cool."
Mar 31, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
I like the friendship thingy scene, very wholesome and makes my heart to get chilled a bit after more than twenty bloody episodes. Rena is the best murderer in the series but in my opinion the only likeable character is Rika. Pretty bad anime imo.
Apr 11, 2019 1:54 PM
Feb 2018
Ohhh boy!!! Oishi enters Domo Domo intensifys.That cleaver scene tho was brutal
ErroreoApr 12, 2019 2:23 PM
May 14, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
It may not have been morally correct to kill those two but damn did I cheer when Rena killed them. True friendship right there.

It makes me ponder though, what would I do if such a situation happened irl? I don't think my best friends or sibling would ever do such a thing but if they did I wonder what I would do.
Ooishi is just doing his job but he's an asshole and I'm attached to the main characters so I hope he ends up dead.
<Insert clever quote>
Aug 1, 2019 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
Well, Rena didn't really have a choice, it was either kill or get killed. Once she killed that woman, she had no choice but to continue, I guess. Imagine having such friends, damn. So, that explains this murder.
Mar 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Dec 2013
I know killing is really bad but those two deserve it. Plus, Rina is the first one who attempted to kill Rena.

I can't believe that the others accepted it and helped Rena to hi de parts of the bodies but I wouldn't blame them because those two bastards were really bad news.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 24, 2020 1:19 AM

Feb 2018
Rena is a psycho girl, lol.... why you all like Rena? What do you like from her?
May 14, 2020 4:26 AM
Dec 2013
Possibly the most satisfying deaths I've ever seen in an anime. That man and woman are straight up garbage human beings that deserved to be killed.
May 17, 2020 12:02 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Rena finally found her noble phantasm!

On a more serious note, I definitely think Rena was justified in killing Rina, since Rina had been trying to kill her. All restrictions are lifted when someone is trying to kill you, especially considering the fact that the hormonal response to live is so powerful.

On the other hand, while I definitely think that Satoko's uncle is the type of person that society is better off without, I don't think that mean murdering him is justified in this case. When we is actively abusing Satoko, go for it. When he is acting as a thug, report it to the police and let them deal with it (though it might be said that the best argument against Oishii being a decent person is the fact that these menaces to society are roaming free without the least bit of his attention.)
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 17, 2020 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
I hate Keiichi. Annoying moron boy. Worst character in the show. Sheesh. Just shut up. Somebody kill him (again)!

These last 2 episodes are half stupid af, half good.
HagePotPotatoMay 17, 2020 9:58 PM
May 26, 2020 10:12 AM

May 2018
lol does Ooishi have a sixth sense or something xD

Now that is REAL friendship. Take that Fairy Tail
Jun 26, 2020 6:39 AM

Apr 2020
Dang. Rena beat the shit out of Rina. I'm cringing on the friendship scene, especially on Kei speech The last shot of Oishi-san was damn good. Go Oishi-san!
Jul 12, 2020 9:58 PM

Aug 2018
I like Rena alot more now, those 2 deserved to die and I'm glad they did!

Aug 21, 2020 9:59 PM

Aug 2019
that bitch getting her head bashed in was one of the most satisfying deaths i’ve seen in an anime.
Aug 27, 2020 4:09 AM

Feb 2020
their friendship is so cute and i hope it stays that way!! oishi..
Sep 3, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2016
Finally an episode that I can finally accept, what she did was not best choice but
its comprehensible by humans.

those two bastards definitely deserved death, kinda surprised that Satoko didn't mention that Teppei was her aunts husband.
Sep 14, 2020 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
Rena actually got some plus points in my book for slaughtering those two dipshits. I mean it's kinda dangerous to let your friend become a murderer, but as long as she only kills those who deserve it... I wonder if this is actually arc 1 again or something completely different?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

364 by Mirorin »»
May 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.