Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2009 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
What?! No everyone was saying Deen might cut it since it's too nasty. However this is different. Most of the complaints now relate to scenes that HAVE passed and were skipped.

in the novel Gaap restores George's corpse to normal however unlike Ronove she leaves him dead. Why? SO SHE CAN RAM HER STILLETTO IN HIS SKULL. That supposedly becomes what killed George. get it now? ANd this is just one example of many. The red truth they cut out the change in Beatrice's attitude during the test even some of the lines. Those are all errors that have happened. Unlike the maria scene where we simply had low hopes of the scene getting animated
Dec 10, 2009 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
Darklight0303 said:
don't get me wrong. I didn't really care about goat kun but certain details were left out. Details that DO play a role in the overall plot.

But how do we know if that's true? Certainly right now the only one who could know that for certain is Ryukishi. We can only wait and see.

Characterization has definitely been missing at parts. Details have certainly been erased. But their importance? Until the whole mistery is unveiled, Battler's sin revealed or hinted so strongly that there is a clear answer, etc, we won't know for sure what really matters.
Dec 10, 2009 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
However because of one oversight anime viewers will now doubt Battler has a sin at all. Why? BECAUSE DEEN DIDN'T HAVE BEATO SAY IT IN RED LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE. Beato would not have said it in red if it did not matter =_=
Dec 10, 2009 3:21 PM

Jan 2009
It would be kinda silly to doubt that though. It's the first hope of some resolution; even if it ends up being a mac guffin, I think people will CLING to any possible explanation for this madness instead of rejecting it.

It's not like Higurashi that had multiple theories at this point... it's either Battler's sin or "Beatrice did it for the lulz" right now. Which one would you be interested more in?
Dec 10, 2009 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
It was silly to doubt the red truth in general yet people still did it. Not that that can be done anymore thanks to Battler not being able to use it to save himself but still.
Dec 10, 2009 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
Darklight0303 said:
However because of one oversight anime viewers will now doubt Battler has a sin at all. Why? BECAUSE DEEN DIDN'T HAVE BEATO SAY IT IN RED LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE. Beato would not have said it in red if it did not matter =_=

Don't know about the rest of the anime-viewers out there, but I know Battler has a sin. They'll explain it later probably.

They won't just leave something like that hanging.
Dec 10, 2009 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
as for battlers mother

Dec 10, 2009 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
vinesage said:

my personal opinion is that Krauss and kyrie might not know the death of Gohda and Kumasawa. I (most certainly) suspect another culprit. And Nanjo, or even Shanon and Kanon were closer to this main culprit than Kyrie and Krauss~
And even though Battler hasnt seen most of the dead himself, i believe most of them really died, like eva, george etc...but it would be safer to wait till battler confirms the corpses before making further theory here~

In the VN, Battler saw George's corpse before he saw Beatrice so we can confirm that George was dead at that point. I think Kyrie made some kind of deal with Krauss and she's the main one behind this.
Dec 10, 2009 3:33 PM

Jun 2007
I'll be sad if Chiru isn't animated.
Dec 10, 2009 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
MarthX said:
I'll be sad if Chiru isn't animated.

Me too because there's a certain part that I really want to see animated. And it's something they definitely can't cut.
Dec 10, 2009 3:56 PM
Mar 2009
Phoenix012 said:
i just hope they dont ruin the end of this anime

I have a good feeling they'll do it well, seeing as how they've rushed through these past few episodes, it looks as if they'll be putting a bunch of focus on that last episode.
Dec 10, 2009 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
PsychFreak said:
Phoenix012 said:
i just hope they dont ruin the end of this anime

I have a good feeling they'll do it well, seeing as how they've rushed through these past few episodes, it looks as if they'll be putting a bunch of focus on that last episode.

They had better. >_>
Dec 10, 2009 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
sirwence said:
as for battlers mother

Dec 10, 2009 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
.....Are you familiar with the definition of grandchild? You can't be both.
Dec 10, 2009 4:46 PM

Jun 2007
Dec 10, 2009 4:48 PM

Dec 2007
Darklight0303 said:
in the novel Gaap restores George's corpse to normal however unlike Ronove she leaves him dead. Why? SO SHE CAN RAM HER STILLETTO IN HIS SKULL. That supposedly becomes what killed George. get it now?

Oh ya, I forgot that one big detail. After looking at the tips it seems DEEN dug a hole for themselves here. So the options they have now are 1) they change Georges cause of death to a hole in the stomach which is a somewhat ridiculous change, or 2) they completely ignore it and when/if Battler checks on him its a hole in the head which will confuse the hell out of viewers.

And that reminded me that they also failed to mention
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2009 4:48 PM

Apr 2008
grand·child.: A child of a person's son or daughter.

Dec 10, 2009 5:02 PM

Jun 2007
Ketuekigami said:
Darklight0303 said:
in the novel Gaap restores George's corpse to normal however unlike Ronove she leaves him dead. Why? SO SHE CAN RAM HER STILLETTO IN HIS SKULL. That supposedly becomes what killed George. get it now?

Oh ya, I forgot that one big detail. After looking at the tips it seems DEEN dug a hole for themselves here. So the options they have now are 1) they change Georges cause of death to a hole in the stomach which is a somewhat ridiculous change, or 2) they completely ignore it and when/if Battler checks on him its a hole in the head which will confuse the hell out of viewers.

And that reminded me that they also failed to mention

Isn't that said at the tea party?

Dec 2008
OmegaDenmad said:
Darklight0303 said:
don't get me wrong. I didn't really care about goat kun but certain details were left out. Details that DO play a role in the overall plot.

But how do we know if that's true? Certainly right now the only one who could know that for certain is Ryukishi. We can only wait and see.

Characterization has definitely been missing at parts. Details have certainly been erased. But their importance? Until the whole mistery is unveiled, Battler's sin revealed or hinted so strongly that there is a clear answer, etc, we won't know for sure what really matters.

Because character development is something thats key in a series like this. For Kanon to go from completely denouncing a relationship with Jessica to protecting her at the drop of a hat out of "love" is so out of character it doesn't fit.

Jan 2009
Actually, you CAN be a son and grandson of the same person at the same time, and although it's extremely icky, this IS Kinzo we talking about lmao.

Lemonpie said:

Because character development is something thats key in a series like this. For Kanon to go from completely denouncing a relationship with Jessica to protecting her at the drop of a hat out of "love" is so out of character it doesn't fit.

Kanon's character development in the Novel isn't particularly noticeable either... there are other character missing key scenes, but I would say Kanon's LACK of character is an actual plot point in all Umineko media.
OmegaDenmadDec 10, 2009 5:05 PM
Dec 10, 2009 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
OmegaDenmad said:
Actually, you CAN be a son and grandson of the same person at the same time, and although it's extremely icky, this IS Kinzo we talking about lmao.

That's the first I've ever heard of it >_> Also mental images scream DO NOT WANT.
Dec 10, 2009 5:10 PM

Dec 2008
OmegaDenmad said:

Lemonpie said:

Kanon's character development in the Novel isn't particularly noticeable either... there are other character missing key scenes, but I would say Kanon's LACK of character is an actual plot point in all Umineko media.

Not necessarily in the VN the points were set up for it make sense, a mood swing is a mood swing, but for Kanon who's known as being a antisocial deadpan servant to switch to a 180 degree turn around is so out of their it doesn't make enough sense to understand from a anime P.O.V.
Dec 10, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2007
Dec 10, 2009 5:30 PM
Sep 2007
sirwence said:
as for battlers mother

SaraiiDec 10, 2009 5:34 PM
Dec 10, 2009 5:31 PM
Dec 2009
The most greivous issues with this episode, sadly, were not with the missing content, but the details of what they kept in.

Dec 10, 2009 5:41 PM
Sep 2007
michirusan said:
The most greivous issues with this episode, sadly, were not with the missing content, but the details of what they kept in.

For Kyrie's corpse:
Dec 10, 2009 5:54 PM

May 2008
Darklight0303 said:
OmegaDenmad said:

That's the first I've ever heard of it >_> Also mental images scream DO NOT WANT.

Considering everything else, incest wouldn't be the worst Kinzo has done. >.>

Enchant said:
sirwence said:
as for battlers mother

While you can understand why the babies would be switched if one had been stillborn, considering how he was engaged to Asuma, if Kyrie had a miscarriage then that theory isn't applicable anymore. From that scene pic you posted I gathered it happened not long before the due date, but not on the due date, so in that case the switch wouldn't be possible...
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dec 10, 2009 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
Unless the doctors lied to her and the baby was extracted without her knowing then kept inside an incubator @,@....actually that makes a lot of sense however the question is why go through all that trouble @____@
Darklight0303Dec 10, 2009 6:21 PM
Dec 10, 2009 6:36 PM

May 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Unless the doctors lied to her and the baby was extracted without her knowing then kept inside an incubator @,@....actually that makes a lot of sense however the question is why go through all that trouble @____@

That is a lot of trouble. o.o Would they even be able to do that back then?
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dec 10, 2009 7:06 PM

Jun 2007
This was one of the few episodes I actually enjoyed. They didn't over play the magic or use it in stupid ways.

Booo to the people that spoiled the fact that Battler wasn't really Asumu's kid 10 or so episodes ago.

I'm not sure whether or not it really matters if Battler was Asumu's kid. Was Asumu Kinzo's blood child? No. His dad is/was though so Battler is still a blood relative of the Ushiromiya and can be the head of the family. That is, unless Rudolf really isn't is dad or Rudolf was adopted.

Regardless of whether or not Battler is or isn't Asume's kid, this does not explain what sin he committed 6 years ago. Beo~ is definitely sad about something so it has to be related to her or someone she cares about. If my memory serves me right wasn't Battler living on the island 6 years ago? Maybe he went into the woods, met Beo, promised her something, then forgot about it completely. When he mentions he doesn't particularly care for any women Beo looks startled for a sec. The blank spot for a women he likes felt more like a test to me.
Dec 10, 2009 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Is that the up to date errorless new version of the EP Witch hunt released another due to errors. I assume they both gave birth and one was snatched and another was still born or died shortly after birth and the term miscarry is just a way to get it into english *shrug* I am also myself a supporter of Kyrie being his actual mother.

Seldom do half siblings look so much alike either

you want the sin explained? Ive been trying to explain it for months as have others lmao join the long line - I doubt anyone here has the answer.. unless Ryu is forum lurking *shifty eyes*
Dec 10, 2009 7:09 PM

Apr 2008
Hmmm that's an interesting way to put it. ALso no. Battler never lived on the island. he last WENT to Rokkenjima six years ago before giving up the Ushiromya name to rebel against his dad for remarrying so fast.
Dec 10, 2009 7:19 PM

Jun 2008
sirwence said:
I doubt anyone here has the answer.. unless Ryu is forum lurking *shifty eyes*

I'm sure he would be if he could read English
Dec 10, 2009 8:35 PM
Jul 2009
MarthX said:
I get the feeling this is going to be one of the episodes where the VN fans hate it and people who haven't read the VN will love it.

You are ABSOLUTELY right! For I have never seen the visual novel. XD

Overall, I loved this episode and gave it a 5 out of 5. :P
Dec 10, 2009 10:33 PM
Dec 2009
Just a note for those complaining about the storage room key: Do NOT read if you haven't read ahead!
michirusanDec 10, 2009 10:42 PM
Dec 10, 2009 10:50 PM
Mar 2009
Episode 25 preview

Dec 10, 2009 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
Nice spoiler in your preview, DEEN.
Dec 11, 2009 1:18 AM

Apr 2008
So from the looks of things they are dedicating the entire next episode to Ange's visit to Rokkenjima. Either that or they finally realized they were spoiling too much in their previews >_>
Dec 11, 2009 1:40 AM
Feb 2009
Why is there no censorship on the moment of Jessica's death and after on the telephone it's censored. :/ No Krauss counter (Krauss hasn't been seen much in the anime and no badass!Krauss moment)

The meta scene where Beato was denying Battler's existence, no use of Blue truth and using Red truth when confirming Battler's sin. Why was Ange doing there? Didn't Beato kicked her out in the VN?

It does feel like DEEN gave up with this episode, but I'm still enjoying it so what the hell.
Dec 11, 2009 1:49 AM

Apr 2008
O_O!! pretty interesting ... wonder wat exactly is his sin

Dec 11, 2009 2:03 AM

Apr 2008
Elika said:
Why is there no censorship on the moment of Jessica's death and after on the telephone it's censored. :/ No Krauss counter (Krauss hasn't been seen much in the anime and no badass!Krauss moment)

The meta scene where Beato was denying Battler's existence, no use of Blue truth and using Red truth when confirming Battler's sin. Why was Ange doing there? Didn't Beato kicked her out in the VN?

It does feel like DEEN gave up with this episode, but I'm still enjoying it so what the hell.

Yes she forcefully ejected Ange from the room in the VN =_= and Ange actually figured out what she was gonna do dammit. Anime had her watching like a brainless dolt
Dec 11, 2009 5:05 AM

May 2008
And am quite SO happy they left Goat-kun out.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 11, 2009 5:24 AM
Oct 2007
This show gets more absurd and funny the further it goes. Half of Jessicas face gets kicked off but then they censor it in later scenes lol. Gaap is so :3
Foooooooooooooooooooled you

now you know that evil will always triumph because good is dumb
Dec 11, 2009 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
I am left so confused by this episode....wtf just happened....
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-24-i-am-confused/
Dec 11, 2009 10:55 AM

Apr 2008
my advice is just go with it. The novel will explain things to you more clearly =_=
Dec 11, 2009 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Jesus, don't you people ever stop complaining about this anime adaptation? We get it, you hate DEEN and this adaptation. Don't like it, don't watch it. Simple. Go back reading the VN if you like it better.
Rail_TracerDec 11, 2009 1:56 PM
Dec 11, 2009 2:55 PM

Jul 2009
Rail_Tracer said:
Jesus, don't you people ever stop complaining about this anime adaptation? We get it, you hate DEEN and this adaptation. Don't like it, don't watch it. Simple. Go back reading the VN if you like it better.
I just started reading the VN last week. Even though I do find it very interesting, I must admit I fell asleep maybe more than 20 times before getting to the point where murders start. -_-' (once the murder began its really fascinating)
There is definitively a lot more than in the anime, and some details seem different. The biggest difference I notice so far has to be the characters themselves. Reading the VN let you know A LOT more about each character, for example I think I have become to like Hideyoshi and Eva much much more than in anime. They are really a funny couple~

anyway, as far as Im now in VN (end of EP1) I still prefer the anime form cause its just less tiring for me to read the whole bunch myself, and I'd love to see some action and hear Beatrice's evil cackle. (maybe I'd prefer an audiobook better though), but at the same time i cant help but wish the anime adaption would get better than it is now, because base on my impression, the anime doesnt really do the story justice. So I think it is understandable that some VN readers feel to need to complain sometimes~
vinesageDec 11, 2009 3:02 PM
Dec 11, 2009 3:05 PM
Mar 2009
Rail_Tracer said:

There's gonna be people complaining no matter what, whether you like it or not, and VN readers just can't simply drop it because they have hopes some of their favorite scenes from the VN will be animated well, so even it has disappointed us most of the time, there are still things we liked so far, it's just that the negatives speak louder than the positives, this is a forum anyway.

DEEN was doing okay recently up until this episode, which was probably the most poorly adapted, I don't think you'll see as many complaints in these last two episodes anyway.
Dec 11, 2009 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
vinesage said:
Rail_Tracer said:
I just started reading the VN last week. Even though I do find it very interesting, I must admit I fell asleep maybe more than 20 times before getting to the point where murders start. -_-' (once the murder began its really fascinating)
There is definitively a lot more than in the anime, and some details seem different. The biggest difference I notice so far has to be the characters themselves. Reading the VN let you know A LOT more about each character, for example I think I have become to like Hideyoshi and Eva much much more than in anime. They are really a funny couple~

anyway, as far as Im now in VN (end of EP1) I still prefer the anime form cause its just less tiring for me to read the whole bunch myself, and I'd love to see some action and hear Beatrice's evil cackle. (maybe I'd prefer an audiobook better though), but at the same time i cant help but wish the anime adaption would get better than it is now, because base on my impression, the anime doesnt really do the story justice. So I think it is understandable that some VN readers feel to need to complain sometimes~

Things get much better after the first Episode. Ironically that's what takes out lots of people interested due to how long it is and the fact that it lacks Beato except at the very end XDDDD
Dec 11, 2009 3:37 PM

Jun 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Hmmm that's an interesting way to put it. ALso no. Battler never lived on the island. he last WENT to Rokkenjima six years ago before giving up the Ushiromya name to rebel against his dad for remarrying so fast.

Regardless of whether or not he lived there, he was still there 6 years ago.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.