Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2015 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Damn this was a good episode!

Respect to Hayama for pulling a Hachiman!

Dat convo between Yui and Hachiman doe 0.0

Definitely looking forward to the next episode :)
Apr 24, 2015 1:48 AM
Apr 2015
Octave_ said:
babymilo91 said:
So Hayato likes someone with the letter y. It could either be Yui or Yukino.

Are you really this dumb?

Kinda harsh. Go easy on name calling. Its low probability but not entirely impossible.
Apr 24, 2015 1:49 AM

Feb 2011
first of all if an issue creates so many problems for them, they could just refuse to solve it
but if they really want to help with it, they're missing the obvious solution which will deal with the election and keep them together at the same time, while not sacrificing anyone
they should just become all members of the student council and continue their helping activities from there (even if the feel of the small group may get lost)

feel hayato trying to help their relationship back may end up messing things more,
still admirable that he feels responsible for the result of the help with tobe and ebina

just hope iroha isn't asking for someone else to run for president just to have some opposition to crush for looking better, instead of winning an election for being the only candidate which is questionable
ZeandoApr 24, 2015 1:59 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 24, 2015 1:52 AM
Apr 2015
LordBanana said:

Because he has such an extremely low self-esteem that he wouldn't even believe for a second that some people could actually care for him. This is his biggest character flaw imo

I don't think its low self-esteem. Hikki's in the burnt child dreads the fire category IMO.
Apr 24, 2015 2:09 AM
Apr 2015
Zeando said:
first of all if an issue creates so many problems for them, they could just refuse to solve it
but if they really want to help with it, they're missing the obvious solution which will deal with the election and keep them together at the same time, while not sacrificing anyone
they should just become all members of the student council and continue their helping activities from there

feel hayato trying to help their relationship back may end up messing things more,
still admirable that he feels responsible for the result of the help with tobe and ebina
Zeando said:
they should just become all members of the student council and continue their helping activities from there (even if the feel of the small group may get lost)

just hope iroha isn't asking for someone else to run for president just to have some opposition to crush for looking better, instead of winning an election for being the only candidate which is questionable

You'll like Meguri-senpai if that scene makes it to the anime
Apr 24, 2015 2:24 AM
Oct 2009
SansrivaaL said:
JustALEX said:
BTW, Yukino is still a huge BITCH!

Why the fuck do people like her again?

It's like MALers are always attracted to the worst characters.

Haruhi, Kirino, Yozora, and now this bitch!

People's taste are very weird sometimes, even mine is weird, best girl for me in SNAFU is a tie between Yui and Iroha.... weird right? Iroha's a pretty interesting character imo XD

Not weird at all. Yui and Iroha are my favorite also. We just have good taste.
Apr 24, 2015 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
Kenjataimu said:
Why is her older sister so interested in the affairs of highschool students?

Get a life you fucking weirdo.

good question

probably because she doesnt really have anything to do at all so she went-poke highs chool business
Apr 24, 2015 2:33 AM

Dec 2013
I'm really disappointed that this season will have only 13 episodes since it means we'll probably have to wait a year or two for the next one to appear
Apr 24, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
The pacing of the first half was... that was one of the longest chapters...
Loved the piano version of the ED of the first season.
Apr 24, 2015 2:44 AM
Apr 2015
babymilo91 said:
That was good of Hayato to basically diss the girls like that. So Hayato likes someone with the letter y. It could either be Yui or Yukino. That glare at the end from Komachi. Very scary.

I think Hayato just said 'Y' to make Tobe think he likes Yumiko Miura to get him off his case.
Apr 24, 2015 2:46 AM

Nov 2013
Like the final scene, the rest is meh.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 24, 2015 2:52 AM

Dec 2011
Hachiman... just accept the bromance already XD

LOL... dem Komachi pajamas... priceless...

Lucky pervert time for Hachiman XD

I'm starting to like Hayato's character and the feelings, the tension... SACRE BLEU!!!

Yui T.T

Damn... I can't wait for the next episode to come out T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 24, 2015 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
This show is full of awkward moments....
Apr 24, 2015 3:08 AM

May 2010
That junior high classmate is annoying, but I like how realistically they portray her.

"Pantsu! Pink! Unexpected!" lol.

Lol Iroha's actual thoughts translated by Hikki. I like her real personality.

I did some research and Y can stand for Yumiko, Haruno and Yukino. Lmao even Yui, and Yoshiteru. Just kidding. But yeah, it's most likely Haruno.

Hayama behaved like a bro for once, liked how he shut up the annoying girls. He was awesome there, great way of returning the favor. Knew that he wasn't your ordinary popular yet fake guy. I like how he has his own ideals. In-fact, every character in this anime is deeper than your average anime chara. Just 'cause they are portrayed as villian-ish in one work, doesn't mean they are entirely bad. It makes everything nice and realistic.

Exactly. Wise words by Hayama. Preach dat, Hikki. I want them to be bros for life.

Nice eyes, Yui. She is going to run for president, too? That was unexpected. I like that motivation.

"It's my time to carry the load." You go, girl. Dat subtle confession, too. Burn me. Make me regret why I didn't pick you in the best girl poll TWICE. That was some great OST there, first season's ED acoustic ver, "Hello Alone."

Last thing I am expecting is, Hikki running for president as well. Please don't do that.

Amazing episode. Really. Best one so far. I had my doubts at first, but the S2 really is as much of a masterpiece as the first one. Wish it gets some lighthearted episodes, too tho. 10/10
Apr 24, 2015 3:21 AM
Jan 2011
I'm starting to think Hachiman would make a good couple with Haruno. Hayama finally grows a pair to help out Hachi. Those skanks were way out of line. So Haruno/Hayama set that up so Hachiman would stop sacrificing himself and Yui/Yukino would step up?

Yui with the confession at the end. Obviously loves Hachi but knows without the club she wouldn't be able to spend time with him.

So what did Orimoto mean when you said,"I see"?
Apr 24, 2015 3:27 AM

Nov 2014
Hayato was awesome, I was honestly surprised, nice going. Yui talking to Hachiman was nice. Iroha's actually pretty interesting once she let's herself out for real, even just a little.

SansrivaaL said:
People's taste are very weird sometimes, even mine is weird, best girl for me in SNAFU is a tie between Yui and Iroha.... weird right? Iroha's a pretty interesting character imo XD

Not weird at all, imo. Yui and Iroha are pretty good characters so far unlike Yukino.
Apr 24, 2015 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
Lots of reality checks for 8man, shame he can't pick them up lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 24, 2015 3:33 AM

Jul 2011
NudeBear said:
worldeditor11 said:
What friends? He doesn't have any of that.

Totsuka, Yui, and Yukino for example.

You are friends once the feeling is mutual. Hachiman still thinks of himself as a loner so they are technically not friends (yet?).
Ive not been on MALs forums in a long time, surprised to see that some people actually have opinions worth listening.
On the matter, the girl Hachi liked wasnt really a bitch, she subtly suggested it to Hachiman so she had him fooled and he knew that her "mocking" didnt have any ill feeling behind it (to me this is the main reason why Hayato's act didnt carry any impact on Hachiman). Although i like the older sister, she should let Yukino grow up by herself because people can only help themselves in the end (Hachiman being the best example (having so many people care about him but nothing ever changing)) and Yukino is still going to do what she believes to be right. I liked Yui's part in the end but even if i want to love her i still think she pales in comparison to other characters.
Damn, im now tempted to read the novels even tho i dont like reading (stuff other than manga)
TeixeApr 24, 2015 3:38 AM
Apr 24, 2015 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, lots of tense moments between the cast.

NudeBear said:
skudoops said:

What? If anything he's the master of creating them.

lmfao true that.

All he's done is make shit weirder than it has to be.

He probably can't trust anyone after what he has been through.
Once bitten twice shy.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 24, 2015 3:44 AM

May 2014
Guys its join Yui x Hachiman ship or sink time now. :3 Yui is amazing love her so much!
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Apr 24, 2015 3:55 AM
Apr 2015
Can someone explain the fandom of Iroha? I thought she was designed to be a in an extent a combination of Sagami+Hikigaya with a mix of of Hayama in it. She puts up a facade of her true personality and acts spoiled/cute to get her means done. Is she supposed to be a character that grows on you? I can see why shes an interesting character but how is she one of the top contenders as the end girl?
Apr 24, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2015
I'm so annoyed by Hiki's previous crush back in middle school. She is in into embarrassing him. Glad it was halted by Hayato. She thought Hiki was all miserable for that rejection. What a bitch.

Another frustrating event, Hiki is helpless in stopping Yukinon, but I'm more mad for Yui doing the same. I was hoping Hiki will stop her, telling that the club is livelier when she is around.

Interesting though, it seems, another girl (hiki's crush) sense Yui has feelings for Hiki... +1 for Yui.
#CHEXIT
Apr 24, 2015 4:34 AM
Apr 2013
kuuurt said:
Weird, as far as I remember, the translated LNs didn't mention the "suki... na no." part of Yui. So the last scene kinda implied both a confession and a declaration, which is really nice.

Romaji
Yui : Watashi ne... Watashi... kono bukatsu... suki na no
Yui : Suki... na no

Commie
Yui : You see... I'm in love with this club.
Yui : I'm in love.

LN (Kyakka)
Yui : You see, the thing is
Yui : ...I like this club
Yui : That's why I wanted to protect it
Yui : I really like it

I am not sure why Commie translate it as a confession or anything that implies as such. Trolling perhaps? Based on both the translated LNs of Hikigaya's monologues and his expression in the anime after being told, it doesn't really feel like a confession at all. More likely it is just Yui's wish of preserving the club because she likes it. Then again, I know only a bit about japanese or maybe the anime interpreted the scene differently so I might be wrong.

Vaultec said:
Can someone explain the fandom of Iroha? I thought she was designed to be a in an extent a combination of Sagami+Hikigaya with a mix of of Hayama in it. She puts up a facade of her true personality and acts spoiled/cute to get her means done. Is she supposed to be a character that grows on you? I can see why shes an interesting character but how is she one of the top contenders as the end girl?

The end girl is obviously Totsuka.
worldeditor11Apr 24, 2015 4:47 AM
Apr 24, 2015 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
ShrewOne said:

Not weird at all. Yui and Iroha are my favorite also. We just have good taste.

VarunaBles said:

Not weird at all, imo. Yui and Iroha are pretty good characters so far unlike Yukino.

Happy to see some people likes Yui and Iroha like I do! *internet high five*
Apr 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Jul 2014
worldeditor11 said:

The end girl is obviously Totsuka.

Dont you mean ''end trap''..... I know its not funny but I just had to.
Apr 24, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2013
The passive development demonstrated between characters in Yahari really is something special.

5/5
Apr 24, 2015 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
Quite the complicated episode. I definitely wasn't expecting Hayato to try and act as a reflection for 8man. But as some others have pointed out, 8man already got closure from realizing the girl he used to like is naturally like that that; acts pseudo-nice to people but keeps them at arm's length. 8man is indeed too set in his ways to want to realize he's worth something. It's hard to accept that his situation has gotten better when his past experiences have forced him into a mindset where he feels that he's worthless.

Of course, the tension between him and Yukino only seems to widen, and it's becoming harder to see what she wants from it. Last episode, she was disappointed at how he more or less defended superficiality. But now, it seems like she's stubbornly opposing him, either out of wanting to save him or proving a point, I'm really not sure. Maybe i'm bad at reading people but she's borderline disdainful right now, so I don't even know if she does care for him.

As for Yui, it's cool how she's actually putting in the effort to be forthcoming and help 8man directly. The 'confession' was very interesting, and knowing 8man is good at reading between the lines, it's obvious that he can tell her feelings for him. Ever since season 1 tbh. Though he may not admit it.

It's certainly intriguing how in everyone's attempts to stop 8man's self-destructive nature, they themselves are being exposed to the very pain he went through. But I guess 8man's yet to see just how bad it is. While I'd hate to see it, the only think that can make 8man get over it is if someone gives it to him straight, in the harshest way possible. Or yet, he truly loses everything and then he realizes how much he values things. Either way, I'm interested to see where this all goes.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Apr 24, 2015 4:52 AM
Apr 2015
JusticeSoulTuna said:

As for Yui, it's cool how she's actually putting in the effort to be forthcoming and help 8man directly. The 'confession' was very interesting, and knowing 8man is good at reading between the lines, it's obvious that he can tell her feelings for him. Ever since season 1 tbh. Though he may not admit it.

Im pretty sure he knows as he as in numerous times, broken the flag that Yui tries to set. (such as after festival in s1) Its unclear whether its because of own view of his value, or simply his situation with Yui(about saving her dog) is not yet resolved as the resolution for that problem was quite shallow.

Still I believe everyone in the club is approaching Hachiman's methods the wrong way. They are trying to force him to change, rather than attempting to induce it . Hayato is somewhat correct, Hachiman must first realise his own self-worth before he is able to change for the better.
Apr 24, 2015 5:15 AM

May 2011
You know, sometimes I find myself very conflicted when faced with the poll at the start of the episode discussions. For example, I think this episode was really great, in the way it managed to hit me in the feels. But the highest rating states "Loved it!", but I just can't say I loved it after watching Hachiman's turmoil and feeling a bit of the pain he feels. So, I think that could be some food for thought for others.

On the episode though, it was as I said a great one. I couldn't stop watching, and had me gripping on the edge of my seat throughout it. Hayato's plan, of calling out to Kaori and her lackey for their shaming of Hachiman was surprising for me. The other part was Yui's plan to run for president herself to counter Yukino's plan to offer her candidacy. What's surprising though is that if they both got the job, they probably wouldn't be happy, and their self-sacrificing methods is exactly the sort of thing they didn't want Hachiman to do. In the end, I'm really interested to see what sort of plan Hachiman will concoct to save both his precious 'friends' (even if he would never admit it) and return the Service Club back to normal.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Apr 24, 2015 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
worldeditor11 said:

Romaji

Commie

LN (Kyakka)

I think I'll go with Horriblesubs from here on.

I really miss season 1's character designs. Yukino looks pretty stupid closeup and she lacks a lot of details from far
Apr 24, 2015 5:25 AM

Jan 2013
FreakyHarmony said:
On the matter, the girl Hachi liked wasnt really a bitch, she subtly suggested it to Hachiman so she had him fooled and he knew that her "mocking" didnt have any ill feeling behind it (to me this is the main reason why Hayato's act didnt carry any impact on Hachiman).

Thank you. Finally, someone's paying attention.
Indeed, Orimoto Kaori didn't display any outright malice towards Hachiman. If I had to describe her behavior, it would be "easygoing", "insensitive", and, if we include subtle details like her voice, "boyish". I get the feeling that, if Hachiman actually spoke up, she (and maybe her friend) would stop making fun of him so much. They probably thought it's an ok thing to do and didn't think much about it, ever since middle school.
Hachiman pointed it out himself: He failed to realize it until recently, but Kaori always kept the same distance to Hachiman while still treating everyone equally. (Does she count as a 'nice girl' in his book, then?)
Orimoto demonstrated that same distance during the date. She would talk to Hachiman normally without giving him any signals he might misunderstand, and stuck to Hayama most of the time.

This might be a bit too much interpretation, but I would say Orimoto is the type of person that avoids thinking about "complicated stuff". Notice the two girl's reactions as Hayama started lecturing them. Orimoto's expression was that of 'confusion', while her friend slowly displayed hints of 'dread'. Once Orimoto finished processing what was happening, she sighed and retreated swiftly. The turn of events was not shocking to her, unlike her friend.
Lastly...

xsilicon9 said:
So what did Orimoto mean when you said,"I see"?

I think it's something along the lines of "so he does have friends" or "there's someone looking out for him after all" or "maybe he isn't as weird/unsocial as I thought."
Hayama got mad for Hachiman's sake and summoned two (good-looking) girls who were, according to him, close to Hachiman, thus making clear that this man is different from how Orimoto and her friend perceived him and deserves a better treatment.
Apr 24, 2015 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
Tommk said:
Confucius said:

Lol nobody ever asks this.

but its true, its very vague like he skim through it just to post a first comment
Yup, he watch the show live and usually post 5min before the episode actually ends. (not like the MAL mods care about their own rules "Do not start an episode discussion before you have actually seen it." )

But hey.. all just for fame of being the OP. I miss the days where people actually started a topic creation after the subbed version and actually had an idea of what's going ;)
Apr 24, 2015 5:31 AM

Feb 2015
P0we said:
This ep covered chapters 4-6 from volume 8 right? What about the next episode? So are they slowing down the pace from here?

Most likely not, because they seem to be covering volume 10 as well (a fact that I don't really like, but whatever).
As for the chapters, yes 4-6, the next episode will be 7-9 which ends volume 8.
Apr 24, 2015 5:35 AM
Oct 2010
silkthread said:
Did anyone else notice the Nexon logo?

It is Chiba Lotte Marines Baseball Uniform. Google the image for it and you will see the Nexon logo on it.
Apr 24, 2015 5:42 AM

Dec 2014
-Komachi and 8man still on a war path.
-Haruno is still nice to 8man, don't know if just for trolls or she genuinly cares about him because it seems that he's like her only friend.
-That movie scene was funny, 8man was bored out of his mind. That Kaori cunt is still abnoxious, her 'classy and charming' jokes are retarded. Yumiko and Ebina scene was funny. Hachiman and Iroha seem to get along even tho Iroha is a little pushy, she's enjoyable to watch and doesn't seem naive.
-Hayatos' talk with 8man was deep and nice. Haruno stalking and Hayato took care of that really well. Yuis' face was disappointed and Yukino had her poker face as good as ever.
-Why is this show consisted of family feuds? Hayato seems more like a bro every episode but that's sporadic and he's not reliable.
-Stuff is already falling apart, characters too and their relations. Can't wait for more but I kinda feel anxious after every episode because of the plot, but hey a good story will get emotions from people.
Apr 24, 2015 5:50 AM
Nov 2014
Yuigahama for president :P

Well done to Hayama for owning those two worst grills. GOOD JOB.
Apr 24, 2015 5:51 AM
Apr 2014
Man, can't this end on a cheerful note or something, it always has to hit you deep in the feels.
Orimoto and the other bitch BTFO by Hayama Bro was great, not nearly as "sacrificial" as 8man though, Haruno played all of them like a fiddle.
Iroha looks like a fun character haha, so we have a three way battle to become Seito Kaichou.
Apr 24, 2015 5:59 AM
Apr 2013
kuuurt said:
worldeditor11 said:
Romaji

Commie

LN (Kyakka)

I am not sure why Commie translate it as a confession or anything that implies as such. Trolling perhaps? Based on both the translated LNs of Hikigaya's monologues and his expression in the anime after being told, it doesn't really feel like a confession at all. More likely it is just Yui's wish of preserving the club because she likes it. Then again, I know only a bit about japanese or maybe the anime interpreted the scene differently so I might be wrong.

Spyro's translations are still a translation though, like Commie's, just of different understanding. Maybe the pause between suki and na no tried implying that Yui wanted to confess, but then backed out? Then her blushing and stuttering after that dialogue adds to the effect?
I am aware of the fact that it is from a LN translation as stated in my post. Again, I am not so sure given Hachiman's rather impassive expression upon hearing it. It feels odd to me for Hachiman to act that way after being supposedly "confessed". I think we can clear this matter when Crunchy/HS release their subs later.

kuuurt said:

Yui: Watashi ne... Watashi... kono bukatsu... suki na no <--- I like this club

Yui: ...suki... na no <--- repetition of last part of previous sentence. Could be mistaken for a new sentence, which is "I like you."

And as far as my limited knowledge goes regarding moon, doesn't suki na no mean I love/like you depending on the context? So if I'm right, maybe Commie is, as well, and Yui actually did try and portray her feelings in a very cute way.

Aisheteru means I love you.
Suki means Like.

Translate suki as love might be too much. If anything, Yui is portraying her feelings of fondness towards the club rather than Hachiman. But as you said, her gestures were rather ambiguous in the anime so there might be misinterpretation of that particular scene.
worldeditor11Apr 24, 2015 6:08 AM
Apr 24, 2015 6:17 AM
Apr 2015
This show is so depressing i am out.
Apr 24, 2015 6:17 AM
Apr 2013
kuuurt said:
worldeditor11 said:
Suki means Like.

Translate suki as love might be too much. If anything, Yui is portraying her feelings of fondness towards the club rather than Hachiman. But as you said, her gestures were rather ambiguous in the anime so there might be misinterpretation of that particular scene.

Suki na no/desu could be interpreted as "I like you" though! Her face when she was saying it, and Hikki's reaction to it is pretty much putting in the viewer's faces that she was confessing. (Hikki will just ignore and treat it as a misunderstanding though, which is obvious since that's his nature.) First confession wins? I hope not.

http://a.pomf.se/ghgtsw.webm

Yes, it can be translated as you said depending on the context. In this case however, I am not so sure.

Shit, the more I think about it, the more it sounds like a confession. 50/50? Crunchy/HS subs, where are you???

I find it to be quite surprising to be honest. The LN imply nothing as such but the anime tell a different story altogether.
Apr 24, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2007
worldeditor11 said:
kuuurt said:

Spyro's translations are still a translation though, like Commie's, just of different understanding. Maybe the pause between suki and na no tried implying that Yui wanted to confess, but then backed out? Then her blushing and stuttering after that dialogue adds to the effect?
I am aware of the fact that it is from a LN translation as stated in my post. Again, I am not so sure given Hachiman's rather impassive expression upon hearing it. It feels odd to me for Hachiman to act that way after being supposedly "confessed". I think we can clear this matter when Crunchy/HS release their subs later.

kuuurt said:

Yui: Watashi ne... Watashi... kono bukatsu... suki na no <--- I like this club

Yui: ...suki... na no <--- repetition of last part of previous sentence. Could be mistaken for a new sentence, which is "I like you."

And as far as my limited knowledge goes regarding moon, doesn't suki na no mean I love/like you depending on the context? So if I'm right, maybe Commie is, as well, and Yui actually did try and portray her feelings in a very cute way.

Suki means Like.

Neither read the LN nor the comeme subs (since I watch it RAW anyways) but the pause and the expression on her face with the close-up was enough to emphasize that it was a subtle confession. If it wasn't animated, if I read those lines, I would go with the LN translation, but the animated version (the way it was directed) made the context entirely different.

English isn't my first language and as someone who knows a little bit of Japanese and especially knows 3 different languages other than English and the little Japanese (2 of which are Asian) it's easy to render the context for me because the way of using the same words that can mean love/like hate/dislike (and many other words) depending on the context on how it has been said is same in the other languages I know. English translation thus sometimes become a bit tricky.

If I had to give a vote here, I would give it to Comeme even though I never watch their subs.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 24, 2015 6:30 AM
Apr 2013
kuuurt said:
worldeditor11 said:

In this case however, I am not so sure.

Shit, the more I think about it, the more it sounds like a confession. 50/50? Crunchy/HS subs, where are you???

I find it to be quite surprising to be honest. The LN imply nothing as such but the anime tell a different story altogether.

Context is already there though! Consider it a 100/0. She confessed man. Yukinofag pls calm ur tittays :^)

HS tomorrow, FFF a couple more weeks.

Maybe the LN did imply it but Spyro missed the word play. We're all baka gaijins at the end of the day anyway.

Nigga please. Totsuka will win at the end. Hachiman love her, uhh no him, more than those girls.

Actually, Spyro might be right because of the accompanying image for that particular scene.

https://kyakka.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/oregairu_v08_233.png

Translated LN from Kyakka
Apr 24, 2015 6:31 AM

Oct 2011
this show is legit. all this drama god damn it. the feels are so strong. hachiman is so smart and yet so blind yo. his self esteem is so low he cant believe people actually care about him stuff getting reallll.
Apr 24, 2015 6:41 AM

May 2012
When the insert song of the piano version of the first season's ED came... daaamn that scene became even more powerful.
Apr 24, 2015 6:41 AM

Apr 2013
worldeditor11 said:
NudeBear said:

Totsuka, Yui, and Yukino for example.
What I am saying is he doesn't regard them as friends. Friendship is a two-way street. If only one party feels it that way, then it is not considered as such.

Good point. Friendship is a two-way street. I just find it sad that he doesn't realize that there are quite a few people who really do care about him.

It's a shame that so many fans are fans for the wrong reasons. We're not supposed to look up to Hachiman, or view him as an awesome person. He's a self-deprecating, and self-destructive character.
Apr 24, 2015 6:55 AM
Apr 2013
kuuurt said:

The word play's very easy to be missed without visual aids, hence Spyro's interpretation. FEEL interpreted it as a confession, and I believe they talk to Wataru about this so I'm going with the anime. ;)

I am not so sure about the last part since the anime may deviate from the source material and went for an anime original ending(Yui). And the studio is free to interpret certain passages in the light novel as they see fit and animate based on their own interpretations without the prior consultations with the author. They hold the rights afterall.

NudeBear said:
worldeditor11 said:
What I am saying is he doesn't regard them as friends. Friendship is a two-way street. If only one party feels it that way, then it is not considered as such.

Good point. Friendship is a two-way street. I just find it sad that he doesn't realize that there are quite a few people who really do care about him.

It's a shame that so many fans are fans for the wrong reasons. We're not supposed to look up to Hachiman, or view him as an awesome person. He's a self-deprecating, and self-destructive character.

Read the LNs if you haven't. You will be surprised and amazed on how much different Hachiman is in the LNs including the side characters compared to the anime. I think you will love it more.
Apr 24, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2010
So things are on the verge of going wrong or right.
Guess we will have to wait and see how this ends.

The episode was pretty good i guess especially Hikki's reaction when Yumiko fell was funny.
It was a good thing she didn't realise it tho.
Apr 24, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2011
Spoilers everywhere.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 24, 2015 7:04 AM

Sep 2014
That was a pretty good episode overall. Didn't expect Hayama to stand up for 8man. Also Yuigahama trying to run for president. Good stuff be coming.
Apr 24, 2015 7:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yui takes some action :O And just to save the club, she really loves both Hikki and Yukinon, liking her more than Yukinon.

Meanwhile, Hikki and Yukino are still stubborn. I was surprised when Hayato wanted to help Hikki even if it was for other reasons, too (I'm guessing that he likes Yukinon's sister).
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hachiman ended up with Yukino right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

17 by neel_senpai »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.